Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Moyes at Chelsea would be a dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

Moyes at Chelsea would be a dream

Liverpool would be better imo.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Liverpool would be better imo.

umm they already are?? idiot?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
poor old moyes, too good for spain

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The divorce is final. Michu is gone.

:(

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

sassassin posted:

The divorce is final. Michu is gone.

:(

RIP.

How do you feel about Monks chances of keeping his job?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Payet is out for three months. Knew this would happen. We get a player who no-one knows how to deal with so someone goes to deliberately injure him. That tackle was loving horrible. The Valencia one was unfortunate but clearly not intentional but the Payet one was blatant.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MrBling posted:

RIP.

How do you feel about Monks chances of keeping his job?

They're too good because he's Jenkins' boy. Monk out.

Laudrup only got sacked because he didn't play ball behind the scenes. Even at his worst he had decent excuses in Europa league and injuries. The stuff with his scum agent over the summer meant the board were just waiting for a drop in form, and he obliged because training is for nerds.

Shame Michu couldn't hold out until we got a new manager that might want him and his glass ankles, but I think that grudge goes deeper than Monk anyway.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK posted:

umm they already are?? idiot?

Sakho may have injured his ACL.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Payet is out for three months. Knew this would happen. We get a player who no-one knows how to deal with so someone goes to deliberately injure him. That tackle was loving horrible. The Valencia one was unfortunate but clearly not intentional but the Payet one was blatant.

https://vid.me/arPm

McCarthy knew exactly what he was doing there, what a complete oval office. Right in front of the ref too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

peanut- posted:

McCarthy knew exactly what he was doing there, what a complete oval office. Right in front of the ref too.

That should be a lengthy ban. Won't be but should.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

Thats like the definition of a scissor tackle, from behind, with studs over the ball. That couldn't have been a redder card.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It's really more of a buttslam than it is a tackle

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

I just realized this week is yet another loving poo poo-rear end international week. God damnit.

I'm gonna enjoy it because I'm from one of like 8 countries who give a poo poo about this international week

Unless we lose. We generally lose

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

peanut- posted:

What a poo poo ref, jfc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

peanut- posted:

The reddest of red cards, terrible reffing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm gonna enjoy it because I'm from one of like 8 countries who give a poo poo about this international week

Unless we lose. We generally lose

I'm Finnish so we predictably massively bottled our qualifying campaign in pretty much the first game, but even if he hadn't, loving internationals man.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Sakho may have injured his ACL.

For gently caress sake this better not be true. Three ACL's in a couple of months?!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

I'm Finnish so we predictably massively bottled our qualifying campaign in pretty much the first game, but even if he hadn't, loving internationals man.

You're not finished mate, you're only 28

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'm real fuckin mad about Payet's injury and McCarthy's tackle and West Ham's slide into mediocrity now

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Ewar Woowar posted:

For gently caress sake this better not be true. Three ACL's in a couple of months?!
Apparently not as bad as we've feared. Watch "DJ" Lovren sink the "City ship" in a couple of weeks.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm real fuckin mad about Payet's injury and McCarthy's tackle and West Ham's slide into mediocrity now

It's progress, I guess. Two years ago we lost two of our best players in Carroll and Reid and slipped into a relegation fight. We're in a situation where we've lost Payet and Valencia and the worst that can happen is mid-table mediocrity. I still think we'll pick up the results we need to. I just don't think we'll be doing any more giant-killing until Payet is back.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It's progress, I guess. Two years ago we lost two of our best players in Carroll and Reid and slipped into a relegation fight. We're in a situation where we've lost Payet and Valencia and the worst that can happen is mid-table mediocrity. I still think we'll pick up the results we need to. I just don't think we'll be doing any more giant-killing until Payet is back.

Agreed 100%, even if we lost Carroll and Reid now with Payet and Valencia out I'd be confident in a midtable finish, which is real nice. I've got faith in Lanzini to fill Payet's gap reasonably well, especially if we can get Song back into the side to help him out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how did lanzini end up playing in the middle east in his early 20's considering how good he is

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jose posted:

how did lanzini end up playing in the middle east in his early 20's considering how good he is

They offered crazy money and he wanted to set his family up, apparently he had offers from real teams but couldn't turn down the wages at Oil FC

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe the British taxpayer could fund a replacement for Payet

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I'm glad that Mourinho hasn't been sacked yet but I really don't know if we can recover from this. I think we can beat Norwich and Maccabi, although at this point I'm taking nothing for granted; then if we can beat Tottenham as well then maybe we can get some momentum going. It's a lot of ground to make up though; even winning every match from now on would only give us 2 more points than last season.

I've been trying to think of what would have to happen for Chelsea fans to turn on Mourinho, and I'm pretty sure "losing to Jews twice in a row" is basically the only answer, unless he's willing to have a mixed-race baby

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
:sharpton:

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 10, 2015

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I've been trying to think of what would have to happen for Chelsea fans to turn on Mourinho, and I'm pretty sure "losing to Jews twice in a row" is basically the only answer, unless he's willing to have a mixed-race baby

subconsciously inserting your own prejudices doesn't make a zing

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

That tackle was loving ludicrous. gently caress McCarthy

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

hadji murad posted:

that's exactly what that came off as, lol

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
West Ham have a bunch of pretty good players that could come in but Payet has run everything since day 1 and I have absolutely no clue what we'll do now, and I'm probably not holding hope on Jenkinson and Tomka helping us get a european-spot worthy defence. Season's done lol.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Are you suggesting that the rest of the team will not be able to payet forward?

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

peanut- posted:

Almost as bad as the Costa stomp on that steward.

Bea Nanner posted:

Are you suggesting that the rest of the team will not be able to payet forward?

:golfclap:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Blue Star Error posted:

Maybe the British taxpayer could fund a replacement for Payet

they're buttering us up to sell us to the chinese

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015

TheBigAristotle posted:

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

TheBigAristotle posted:

The ref was 5 yards away too. wtf is he doing only giving him a yellow.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

hadji murad posted:

i think you'll find that i'm actually consciously inserting my prejudices, which are against chelsea fans and entirely based on empirical evidence

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjagjTPmbV4

I love wrestling

Please note - Darren Fletcher was sat next to him and just laughing his arse off the whole time, especially when Barrett was taking the piss out of Rooney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjagjTPmbV4

I love wrestling

Please note - Darren Fletcher was sat next to him and just laughing his arse off the whole time, especially when Barrett was taking the piss out of Rooney

Was that Cesaro, the wrestler that looks like me?

• Locked thread