Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

S-E is financially in the best place they're been in for years so they're probably feeling pretty good, and they'll get a boost of actual sales of the new Tomb Raider next year when it comes out for systems people actually own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I wonder how much money LiS raked in for them since Dontnod got approved for a sequel really quick.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
You do know its also on the 360 correct

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

You do know its also on the 360 correct

lol I keep forgetting about that

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

TR is in UE3 isn't it? That thing is like the Toyota Camry of game engines.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if Square-Enix is regretting their life right now. Who here forgot Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out tomorrow? Between the release date and being Xbox One exclusive, it's getting very little attention. I've seen zero mention of the game for weeks now.

I have to wonder how much better it would fare if it was a PS4 exclusive since it's a so much better platform in every way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

exquisite tea posted:

I'm regretting that I have to wait another 4-5 months for the next Tomb Raider since TR2013 was the bomb. I hope they really don't go full retard with open world bloat like in every other game that's out now.

I'll take ill advised open world over corridors.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tomb Raider wasn't corridor style at all, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd like some actual tombs this time and not in a 'but the whole island is a tomb!' kind of way.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd like some actual tombs this time and not in a 'but the whole island is a tomb!' kind of way.

What about raiding?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love Binding of Isaac.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is the new DLC thing good

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

TR is in UE3 isn't it? That thing is like the Toyota Camry of game engines.

But TRESSFX

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm a BOI noob but I love it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if Square-Enix is regretting their life right now. Who here forgot Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out tomorrow? Between the release date and being Xbox One exclusive, it's getting very little attention. I've seen zero mention of the game for weeks now.

Square Enix got paid a ton of money for the time exclusive. The amount MS paid was apparently greater than the equivalent to recoup all development costs and having the game sell a few million copies. In other words square is already in the black for Tome Raider before it even is released and everything is gravy.

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Square Enix got paid a ton of money for the time exclusive. The amount MS paid was apparently greater than the equivalent to recoup all development costs and having the game sell a few million copies. In other words square is already in the black for Tome Raider before it even is released and everything is gravy.

So gravy.

It's just fun to see MS have to pay so much just to get an exclusive to the Xbone. But I heard this game wasn't as good as TR2013. But I guess we'll just have to see for ourselves!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have a feeling the silence on tomb raider has more to do with the multiplatform simultaneous release of what may very well be the best selling game of the year tomorrow on the same day, than the xbone being bad, but

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I have a feeling the silence on tomb raider has more to do with the multiplatform simultaneous release of what may very well be the best selling game of the year tomorrow on the same day, than the xbone being bad, but

But Final Fantasy 7 Remake isn't until next year?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zombies' Downfall posted:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

But Final Fantasy 7 Remake isn't until next year?

There can be a bestselling game of the year every year, that's why you say 'of the year'

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
What the gently caress is even happening in Pachinko?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tRclMW6YqQ

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Avalanche posted:

What the gently caress is even happening in Pachinko?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tRclMW6YqQ
It's just peggle

Though that looks like a pachislot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
fallout 4 is actually gonna be really good. i know this bc i'm posting from tomorrow.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Paladinus posted:

What about raiding?

Rise of the Tomb: Raider

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

precision posted:

fallout 4 is actually gonna be really good. i know this bc i'm posting from tomorrow.

The hype seems muted for it, I'm expecting a goty because of that.

It's not like Halo 5 and die in a month or so.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

precision posted:

The thread here for that game is horrible.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 9, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That's how every Bethesda thread goes now.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
They datamined SC2 LotV's cinematics and it's even better than anyone could have expected.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I was a lot more skeptical about FO4 until I saw the GB video go up today.

I thought it actually showed character and humor, in such a way that has a flavor closer to the older Fallouts. As opposed to a bland bowl of unsalted, unbuttered oatmeal with a bunch of ash mixed into it until it's all the same color and you can't differentiate anything.

Jeff does mention that there's a lot of really old feeling mechanics, but that the shooting controls feel a lot better. The last bit seems quite evident from the footage. Hell, I'm more cool with jank than with games feeling really old. Having no mantle, etc mechanics in a game that's a lot more open-world shooter focused, etc. throws some red flags. My main other complaint with Bethesda games is extra low effort content stretching in the open world activities, which will remain to be seen. What's the point in going around and doing poo poo if it's a little area or quest someone slapped together in 30 seconds... and near-identical to 800 others?

Either way, I'm no longer in the "probably fuckin suck" camp at all, this looks worth playing. They seem to have worked on their weakest spots from FO3. Will have to get this.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
After watching the retspurae of Sonic 06 I was oddly in the mood to play a 3D Sonic game. Conveniently enough I had bought Sonic Adventure 1 + 2 when they were dirt cheap at some point so I've been playing through those lately for the first time since they originally came out on Dreamcast.

I honest think SA1 is a pretty good game. Yes it has some really bad design choices and some of it is dated horribly but underneath it all is some fun and cool level design and the bad parts tend to not last very long. It's obviously not a great game but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

SA2 on the other hand...gently caress that game. It's just plain not good. I'm currently at one of the final bosses and it's basically killing me over and over exclusively due to bad camera and bad controls and I'm not sure if I can bring myself to beat it.

They're both still leagues better than Sonic 06 and it's amazing to just see all the stuff they unlearned when they made that game.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

does it look like the actual shooting dudes bit of fo4 will be fun cause the worst thing about new vegas is that it's frankly a really poor shooter

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:siren: You get to kill a vault filled with blue haired internet feminists :siren:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Seriously?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

axleblaze posted:

Seriously?

Yup they have specific and exclusive voice files.

They're also seem to be those retarded lunks form the previous fallouts. You kill them and their final words are patriarchyyyyyyyyyy.......

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axleblaze posted:

Seriously?

:ughh:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

The Taint Reaper posted:

:siren: You get to kill a vault filled with blue haired internet feminists :siren:

:negative:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

axleblaze posted:

Seriously?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

axleblaze posted:

Seriously?

lol

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Tonight, I'm going to smoke weed and enjoy fallout 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

axleblaze posted:

After watching the retspurae of Sonic 06 I was oddly in the mood to play a 3D Sonic game. Conveniently enough I had bought Sonic Adventure 1 + 2 when they were dirt cheap at some point so I've been playing through those lately for the first time since they originally came out on Dreamcast.

I honest think SA1 is a pretty good game. Yes it has some really bad design choices and some of it is dated horribly but underneath it all is some fun and cool level design and the bad parts tend to not last very long. It's obviously not a great game but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

SA2 on the other hand...gently caress that game. It's just plain not good. I'm currently at one of the final bosses and it's basically killing me over and over exclusively due to bad camera and bad controls and I'm not sure if I can bring myself to beat it.

They're both still leagues better than Sonic 06 and it's amazing to just see all the stuff they unlearned when they made that game.

Yeah, agreed with this. I felt like SA1 was the last "classic" good Sonic game. If you take away Big the Cat, the gameplay is a lot of fun. I liked City Escape in SA2 and after that it's all downhill, no pun intended. Tails/Robotnik shooting sections are not fun, and the Find the Shard segments with Knuckles and Rouge are annoying as poo poo. Good music, though.

Someday I'd like to try Sonic Lost World, but I haven't heard anything good about it, honestly...

• Locked thread