Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Jeb! saying he'd "totally own that little poopy baby Hitler, bro" sounds like the kind of awkward, trying-too-hard misstep that Trump's baited him into by labeling him a low-energy loser nerd. It sounds exactly like some desperate highschool posturing trying to sound edgy, and I just don't think he'd have even dignified the question with a response a few months back. It's genuinely amazing how much Trump appears to be in Bush's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Jeb would go back in time to kill Hitler but be too low energy to do anything except take Hitler out for a frosty mug of lager at a nice beer hall in Munich and talk about the issues

I'm pretty sure that actual outcome would be Jeb accepting that they agree to disagree.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't believe in Jeb's ability to defeat a baby, Hitler or otherwise.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Its screams would render him comatose.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Signed up to volunteer for JEB!, yes I am serious. It asked if I would be willing to travel and listed the first 4 primary states. Now, I checked them all, but they will cover my travel and lodging expenses if I actually did go, right? I don't mind volunteering, but without being able to work because I am in a different state that would be a deal breaker. Going to Iowa would be cool, and I looked up some stuff and I think they can cover $1000 in expenses without it counting as a donation of mine, and up to $2700 but that counts as me contributing to the campaign I believe. Either, would love to go to Iowa, sounds really fun.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Does this mean we have to change the thread title to "Die warmen Kuss des Todes"? Because we know that's how Timecop Jeb! will assist our timeline.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

There definitely needs to be a question at tomorrow's debate about whether the candidates are prepared to go to war with a split universe created by Jeb! killing baby Hitler.

"Mr Trump, as this Earth's Lex Luther how would you respond to a multiverse crisis?"

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

XK posted:

"Jeb Bush seeks to shed Mr. Nice Guy image"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/politics/jeb-bush-mr-nice-guy-image/index.html

This has disaster written all over it. Awkward guy is going to reach too far trying to one-up the cool kids, and he's going to get totally owned in the process. There is absolutely no way whatsoever an awkward introvert can pretend not to be without making a fool of himself.

Jeb Bush 2 6: Jeb Harder

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

hobbesmaster posted:

"Mr Trump, as this Earth's Lex Luther how would you respond to a multiverse crisis?"

"Dr. Carson, as a pediatric neurosurgeon, do you believe we should test Cortexiphan on children?"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zen death robot posted:

What if it was a really small baby

In cases of legitimate Jeb, small babies have a way of shutting that whole thing down:

a shameful boehner posted:

Its screams would render him comatose.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly I bet baby hitler was cute as hell and an awesome baby. Then age 2-3 year old hitler would look like the stereotypical little lederhosen and Jeb! would probably still kill him.

He kinda looks like a baby.

Though he became sorta Hitleresque as a kid.

Conclusion: Baby Hitler looked increasingly more like Hitler as he grew up.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Jeb sighed as he drew his Chang. He raised his mighty golden blade and struck the the air creating a rift in space time with his blade.

"Heck yeah!" Jeb shouted as he jumped into the time portal. Jeb was on a mission: To kill baby Hitler.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Jeb would go back in time to kill Hitler but be too low energy to do anything except take Hitler out for a frosty mug of lager at a nice beer hall in Munich and talk about the issues

beer hall putz

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
A conservative eager to rewrite history. What a loving surprise.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

BREAKING: JEB Apologizes For Threatening The Timeline

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Bar Crow posted:

A conservative eager to rewrite history. What a loving surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UYto7A8qgM

As The Daily Caller previously reported, a Northeastern Illinois University building contains a plaque dedicated to Abraham Lincoln that erroneously identifies the first Republican president as a Democrat.

NEIU’s response? No mistake was made, because Lincoln is actually a “democrat,” in the sense that he supported democracy. (RELATED: Neither this university nor its students know Lincoln was a Republican)

“According to building archives, the word democrat was used because Lincoln was an advocate for democracy—the political or social equality of all people,” an NEIU spokesperson told The Daily Caller in a statement. “The word was not chosen to reflect a political affiliation.”

That interpretation is contrary to the text on the plaque, which simply reads: “THIS BUILDING IS DEDICATED TO PUBLIC SERVICE HONORING THE MEMORY OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN DEMOCRAT.” Since the entire dedication is capitalized, it would be impossible to tell that it was using the word in a non-partisan sense.

NEIU has no intention to change the plaque.

“The academic programs housed in this building promote political and social equality, the same values espoused by Abraham Lincoln,” said the university’s statement. “Northeastern Illinois University recognizes the context that this plaque was created and intends to uphold its integrity.”

The subtlety is likely lost on NEIU students, most of whom could not identify Lincoln’s political party when interviewed by Charlie Kirk of Turning Point USA. When given the choice between “Democrat or Republican?” many said Lincoln was indeed a Democrat.

Then again, according to NEIU, they are not wrong.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/19/update-lincoln-a-democrat-university-says-yep-thats-right/

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 9, 2015

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jeb! Bush: Hitler Is Crap.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

docbeard posted:

lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
What is good debate food. I wanna prepare for tomorrow.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Third World Reggin posted:

What is good debate food. I wanna prepare for tomorrow.

boxed wine

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Smoothrich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UYto7A8qgM

As The Daily Caller previously reported, a Northeastern Illinois University building contains a plaque dedicated to Abraham Lincoln that erroneously identifies the first Republican president as a Democrat.

NEIU’s response? No mistake was made, because Lincoln is actually a “democrat,” in the sense that he supported democracy. (RELATED: Neither this university nor its students know Lincoln was a Republican)

“According to building archives, the word democrat was used because Lincoln was an advocate for democracy—the political or social equality of all people,” an NEIU spokesperson told The Daily Caller in a statement. “The word was not chosen to reflect a political affiliation.”

That interpretation is contrary to the text on the plaque, which simply reads: “THIS BUILDING IS DEDICATED TO PUBLIC SERVICE HONORING THE MEMORY OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN DEMOCRAT.” Since the entire dedication is capitalized, it would be impossible to tell that it was using the word in a non-partisan sense.

NEIU has no intention to change the plaque.

“The academic programs housed in this building promote political and social equality, the same values espoused by Abraham Lincoln,” said the university’s statement. “Northeastern Illinois University recognizes the context that this plaque was created and intends to uphold its integrity.”

The subtlety is likely lost on NEIU students, most of whom could not identify Lincoln’s political party when interviewed by Charlie Kirk of Turning Point USA. When given the choice between “Democrat or Republican?” many said Lincoln was indeed a Democrat.

Then again, according to NEIU, they are not wrong.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/19/update-lincoln-a-democrat-university-says-yep-thats-right/

Hahahaha gently caress's sake, are they really upset about a 110 year old plaque using the word democrat differently than we do today? What's next, being upset that Donald Trump's hotels are prestigious when they don't perform magic tricks?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Smoothrich posted:

boxed wine

rigged with a foot pump and a rubber tube

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Michael Corleone posted:

Either, would love to go to Iowa, sounds really fun.

Said nobody ever.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

We were able to reach some of the other major Republican candidates on the Baby Hitler issue.

CARSON: I don't believe that violence is ever the answer. What some people may not know about me is that I met Hitler in 1983, while we were both at a fundraiser in Washington. We spoke for a time, and I found myself growing increasingly uncomfortable in the face of his rhetoric, but I am not a naturally confrontational person and was having difficulty extricating myself from the conversation. So I sought God's wisdom in how to deal with this hateful man. The next day, I found out that Hitler had actually died in 1945. This is just one of the many ways that God's power has been at work in my life.

CRUZ: My father escaped oppression in Cuba, so this subject is very dear to my heart. Which is why, tomorrow on the Senate floor, I will be filibustering Planned Parenthood's vile proposal to reanimate Hitler using his fetal tissue. I will shut this government down before I will allow Hitler Stem Cell Clones to run rampant in Washington.

PAUL: Hitler is never once mentioned in the Constitution, so I suppose I don't see the relevance of the question.

RUBIO: Uh, pass.

TRUMP: WITH MY PATENTED TRUMP TIME PLATFORM, I SHALL UNMAKE ALL OF THE ENEMIES OF TRUMP BEFORE THEY ARE EVER BORN! ALL SHALL KNEEL BEFORE TRUMP OR BE DESTROYED! THE VERY UNIVERSE ITSELF IS WITHIN MY GRASP! AND MEXICO SHALL PAY FOR IT ALL! OH THEY SHALL PAY!

JEB: Guys? Guys, I'm fading awa-

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pataki: I was Governor of New York when Hitler attacked us on 9/11

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Little late to the party, hope y'all can forgive me

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahahaha gently caress's sake, are they really upset about a 110 year old plaque using the word democrat differently than we do today? What's next, being upset that Donald Trump's hotels are prestigious when they don't perform magic tricks?

It says ABRAHAM LINCOLN ||| DEMOCRAT which is loving egregious

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

:bravo: good work.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

docbeard posted:

We were able to reach some of the other major Republican candidates on the Baby Hitler issue.

CARSON: I don't believe that violence is ever the answer. What some people may not know about me is that I met Hitler in 1983, while we were both at a fundraiser in Washington. We spoke for a time, and I found myself growing increasingly uncomfortable in the face of his rhetoric, but I am not a naturally confrontational person and was having difficulty extricating myself from the conversation. So I sought God's wisdom in how to deal with this hateful man. The next day, I found out that Hitler had actually died in 1945. This is just one of the many ways that God's power has been at work in my life.

CRUZ: My father escaped oppression in Cuba, so this subject is very dear to my heart. Which is why, tomorrow on the Senate floor, I will be filibustering Planned Parenthood's vile proposal to reanimate Hitler using his fetal tissue. I will shut this government down before I will allow Hitler Stem Cell Clones to run rampant in Washington.

PAUL: Hitler is never once mentioned in the Constitution, so I suppose I don't see the relevance of the question.

RUBIO: Uh, pass.

TRUMP: WITH MY PATENTED TRUMP TIME PLATFORM, I SHALL UNMAKE ALL OF THE ENEMIES OF TRUMP BEFORE THEY ARE EVER BORN! ALL SHALL KNEEL BEFORE TRUMP OR BE DESTROYED! THE VERY UNIVERSE ITSELF IS WITHIN MY GRASP! AND MEXICO SHALL PAY FOR IT ALL! OH THEY SHALL PAY!

JEB: Guys? Guys, I'm fading awa-

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Smoothrich posted:

I read this other plaque that spelled "proverbs" wrong, and I was so mad.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Don't worry, I'll dedicate an episode on my show when I launch it to explaining the facts, which is right on the horizon.

:beck: (but unironically)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Smoothrich posted:

Nope.

Anyway, I officially signed up as a Hillary volunteer, but are any potential senators doing volunteer type stuff yet? Do their campaigns start this early?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

docbeard posted:

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Anyway, I officially signed up as a Hillary volunteer, but are any potential senators doing volunteer type stuff yet? Do their campaigns start this early?

^---- lol

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the debate is tomorrow but so is fallout 4, which has the more fully realized vision of the apocalypse?

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the debate is tomorrow but so is fallout 4, which has the more fully realized vision of the apocalypse?

the dem primary thread appears to be all about arguing why Legal Heroin is Good for Society, so probably there

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am fascinated by the purpose of the dem thread besides quarantine as nothing important gets discussed there

the bernie thread is the same way

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

docbeard posted:

lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Smoothrich posted:

the dem primary thread appears to be all about arguing why Legal Heroin is Good for Society, so probably there

It was legal and OTC in the gilded age that the right wants to go back to

makes ya think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Third World Reggin posted:

I am fascinated by the purpose of the dem thread besides quarantine as nothing important gets discussed there

the bernie thread is the same way

there was once a general primary thread, but the constant Bernie vs. Clinton bickering was ruining the fun of the Republican primary so a quarantine became necessary. I am hopeful that after the primary is over there can be one general thread again. The Bernie thread is just a transplant from GBS that's been around awhile.

• Locked thread