Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Same thing would've happened 10 years ago

It didn't work because they're black and righteous, it worked because they stopped playing football.

That's not to denigrate their cause or anything, but holding a knife up to the throat of a D1 football team would've had the same result in 2005. If it hadn't the team would've been booted from the conference instantly and replaced with another school that wanted millions of dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Veskit posted:

Why are you defending this. This is 100% grounds for termination when your job is to a president of a school. A public school. Do you think he shouldn't be forced into resignation for this?

Cause he's been out of the game too long. He hasn't trolled us in a good couple of months and chose a bad topic to start back up on. There's not enough right wing blog posts to parrot that aren't just calling for the football players to be lynched.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The new narrative of the SJW using the BLACK as muscle is funny as hell.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mulva posted:

Whatever gets the NFL to start paying for their own minor leagues is fine with me.

I'll second that motion.

Even if it means more fankings ads.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

I'll second that motion.

Without the in-caps, I spent way too long trying to figure out what fanking is, and settled on "a new sex thing the kids are doing"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

I'll second that motion.

We're already at saturation, there's nowhere to go but up

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...omepage%2Fstory

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

woops, i was wrong

I was going to quote the video but the post is gone. At least continue your point with the correct info.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jesus

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

lol whoops turns out policy matters. Better luck next life.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's really hard to maintain the position that people like this deserve to have ongoing access to affordable care. With any luck he will, but if not I'd hope to see news outlets across the state doing interviews with the people who did this to themselves, pain and all. Put their shame and remorse up for all to see as a cautionary tale.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The modern Republican, everyone

I bet he'd vote for Bevin again even knowing what he knows now too

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Peven Stan posted:

The new narrative of the SJW using the BLACK as muscle is funny as hell.

The Left has always been tricking Black folk, dontchaknow.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

I wonder if he's connected the dots yet?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mitt Romney posted:

I wonder if he's connected the dots yet?
"loving Obama, trying to take away my insurance" - Him, probably

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

It's really hard to maintain the position that people like this deserve to have ongoing access to affordable care.

:agreed:

This country would be better off without having some of these idiots in the gene pool. Yet I still fill bad for all the people that aren't complete loving morons and need Obamacare

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Veskit posted:

I'm talking about this

"The protesters then asked him what he thinks systematic oppression is.

“Systematic oppression is because you don’t believe that you have the equal opportunity for success,” he said."

Why are you defending this. This is 100% grounds for termination when your job is to a president of a school. A public school. Do you think he shouldn't be forced into resignation for this?

I understand why that statement is incorrect (and you cut off the part of his quote where he predicted it would be incorrect), but no, poor phrasing is not a firing offense.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
You know the sneering, sometimes homicidal contempt for the poor that we tend to think of as a negative quality of the other team? Our team probably shouldn't have it either.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

John Roberts may have voted against repealing the ACA, but his opinion making the medicare expansion a state-by-state decision still means he's one of history's greatest monsters

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all get that poor people voting Republican are victims as well right?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
is it that time of year again where USPol tries to grapple with the fact that the paups are frequently not very ideologically correct people?

oh man, and here i am without my festive sweater

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

is it that time of year again where USPol tries to grapple with the fact that the paups are frequently not very ideologically correct people?

oh man, and here i am without my festive sweater
Don't hate the voter, hate the wedge issue that keeps them voting against their best interest.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alligator Horse posted:

The Left has always been tricking Black folk, dontchaknow.

If they knew anything about mizzou they'd know that not even the "SJWs" mostly affiliated with the multicultural center really like black people or associate with them.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If he were anti Obamacare even though it benefits him, that would be tragic and common. A dude who wants to keep Obamacare not checking to see if s Republican candidate is against it before voting for it and then being shocked that his life will end is just kind of funny imo

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

JT Jag posted:

Don't hate the voter, hate the wedge issue that keeps them voting against their best interest.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zoux posted:

Y'all get that poor people voting Republican are victims as well right?

Of course, but this is a guy who voted for a guy who was literally campaigning on taking his healthcare away and now he's surprised he's taking his healthcare away. How much sympathy am I supposed to have here? Of course I'd like for someone to step in and ensure he doesn't die on the street, but it never even had to come to that and even if that does happen, I'm sure it will be "oh Bevin's not such a bad guy as I thought, I'll keep voting R in future"

If the identity politics that he voted for ends up killing him, he wouldn't be the first.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

JT Jag posted:

There was no wedge issue here, though, just a general sense that businessmen make good governors.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

We desperately need to break the "businessmen and CEOs create jobs" taking point once and for all. They do the exact loving opposite, either out of greed or under threat of legal action from shareholders. Creating jobs is never ever a businessman's first priority, and they will only do so when they have no other choice. It is in every businessman's best financial interest to have as few employees as possible.

The only entity that can and is capable of creating jobs purely for the sake of increasing employment is the government.

This is business 101 poo poo but so few people seem to get it.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

30.5 Days posted:

If he were anti Obamacare even though it benefits him, that would be tragic and common. A dude who wants to keep Obamacare not checking to see if s Republican candidate is against it before voting for it and then being shocked that his life will end is just kind of funny imo

Yup. And he's not alone in his story either. The rural counties that went 50%+ margin of victory for Bevin benefited the most from Kynect and the medicaid expansion.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

American culture is largely geared towards loving over poor people while convincing them that it's good that they are being hosed over. The other part of it is convincing not-rich people that it's the other not-rich people who are the problem, and that those people deserve to suffer and die.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

We desperately need to break the "businessmen and CEOs create jobs" taking point once and for all. They do the exact loving opposite, either out of greed or under threat of legal action from shareholders. Creating jobs is never ever a businessman's first priority, and they will only do so when they have no other choice. It is in every businessman's best financial interest to have as few employees as possible.

The only entity that can and is capable of creating jobs purely for the sake of increasing employment is the government.

This is business 101 poo poo but so few people seem to get it.

Coincidentally universities are only hiring toadies from fortune 500 companies to run them, getting dramatic results.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
would yall say that the portion of KY that voted for Bevin because they will always vote against their interests, lets just arbitrarily declare it to to be around 47% of the population, are not our concern

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans are really good at making themselves the concern of everybody.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I've had plenty of conversations with well-meaning people that are under the bad impression that "government would be more efficient if it were run like a business" or "businessmen should be better at job creation" that have conceded when I challenge them.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mitt Romney posted:

Yup. And he's not alone in his story either. The rural counties that went 50%+ margin of victory for Bevin benefited the most from Kynect and the medicaid expansion.

Interestingly, most of the people on Kynect didn't vote.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

zoux posted:

American culture is largely geared towards loving over poor people while convincing them that it's good that they are being hosed over. The other part of it is convincing not-rich people that it's the other not-rich people who are the problem, and that those people deserve to suffer and die.

But, again, that's not what this is. This guy is going to die because he didn't read up on the candidates before voting.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

maybe i'm just not progressive enough but i can't feel bad for people that vote for people that slash the benefits of others and then get their own benefits slashed

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

But, again, that's not what this is. This guy is going to die because he didn't read up on the candidates before voting.

Let me know when bevin actually shudders Kynect (they'd still have access to ACA btw) and rolls back Medicaid expansion.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Oh well I guess his death is good and funny then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
There is no right way to enact change. If you do it violently, you should've done it non-violently. If you do it non-violently, then obviously what you are trying to change isn't that important.

• Locked thread