Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh. Depends on a bunch of things. Usually it just adds the 'fleeing the scene of an accident' charge on there, but it also can be a sign of bad faith. Often drunk drivers will flee because the charge added on is less than the drunk driving charges. Of course if you're a celebrity and nobody really got hurt, it doesn't really affect anything.

Didn't they run a red light to get away, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's some drat fine schadenfreude.

I'm not that familiar with how US traffic laws work, but if it's anything like it is here, I'm guessing the driver fleeing turns it from a minor infraction to something much bigger?

On one hand getting in a fender bender like that usually results in no infraction they fact that they ran probably points to the driver have no insurance/registration/license which would be a big problem.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Multi track drifting!!

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
I don't think they could have picked a better picture.

http://imgur.com/ZKNL4Z7

Edit: phone postin' sucks why did I even try

Edit 2: it's me, I'm the schadenfreude

SierraEchoBravo has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Nov 9, 2015

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SierraEchoBravo posted:

I don't think they could have picked a better picture.

Quotin this fail post

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I never realized tanks could go that fast that they would flip in that manner.

KoRMaK posted:

Quotin this fail post

Quoted for quotability.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

homewrecker posted:

Don't know if this was posted yet, some guy in a cat mask scares a bunch of cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIKrSG-Xzc

That look from the black and white cat just slays me.

just for you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoGqLuvLYLw

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Didn't some study in the last 5 years say that they thought cats just saw their humans as large cats that were bad at hunting? Why would they be freaked out by just a larger cat face? Or do the cats think they themselves have human faces? :catdrugs:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
99% of studies involving cats are just ways to transfer money from the gullible to the unemployable.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Atmus posted:

99% of studies involving cats are just ways to transfer money from the gullible to the unemployable.

The other 1% are the ones whose conclusions section reads "gently caress, we dunno".

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Eponine posted:

Didn't some study in the last 5 years say that they thought cats just saw their humans as large cats that were bad at hunting? Why would they be freaked out by just a larger cat face? Or do the cats think they themselves have human faces? :catdrugs:

Probably it's just the fact that it's a giant unfamiliar face with giant creepy intimidating staring eyes that's suddenly all up in their poo poo, and it freaks them out. Then again, cats also are scared of vegetables, so who the gently caress knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIQiiG6i09A

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Rah! posted:

Probably it's just the fact that it's a giant unfamiliar face with giant creepy intimidating staring eyes that's suddenly all up in their poo poo, and it freaks them out. Then again, cats also are scared of vegetables, so who the gently caress knows.

Health food is scary.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If that was a delicious zucchini instead of a tasteless cucumber the cat would not have been scared.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

If that was a delicious zucchini instead of a tasteless cucumber the cat would not have been scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flr-WwkCm4U

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe they're mistaking them for snakes or something?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Cats aren't scared of veggies. They're just startled because the food dispenser human just put that there while they're focused on eating and not paying attention to what's going on around them.

It's the cat version of this

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well that cat's just an idiot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sick man who is unable to work votes for a Governor promising to cut healthcare.

Is now going to die.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Desperately poor Appalachians being fooled into voting against their best interests is pretty poor schadenfreude to being with, but this is just depressing. :(

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m4isWlUlRE

Raygereio posted:

Cats aren't scared of veggies. They're just startled because the food dispenser human just put that there while they're focused on eating and not paying attention to what's going on around them.

It's the cat version of this

It's more fun if you just pretend they're scared of vegetables though.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Roro posted:

Health food is scary.

It's not health food if you're a cat, though. They're carnivores.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

It's not health food if you're a cat, though. They're carnivores.

Twice as scary.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

Rah! posted:

Joke's on him. I'm not entirely sure but I think one of the cat spray urine at the wall as it goes flying.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Trundel posted:

Joke's on him. I'm not entirely sure but I think one of the cat spray urine at the wall as it goes flying.

Considering the followup video shows one of the cats just sitting in the crib eating loose food thrown all over it I'm not thinking sanitation is this guy's first interest. :barf::toxogond::barf:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rah! posted:

Then again, cats also are scared of vegetables, so who the gently caress knows.

Not my old cat, she loving loved cucumbers. We couldn't have them out on the kitchen table without her pulling them to the floor at eating them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jesus. Did that take his helmet off? How was he not destroyed?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lotish posted:

Jesus. Did that take his helmet off? How was he not destroyed?

He probably didn't have the chin strap secured and it got knocked loose. Dude should buy a lottery ticket because that was 100% luck he didn't get pizza'd.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

quote:

On Election Day, Blackburn voted for Bevin because he is tired of career politicians and thought a businessman would be more apt to create the jobs that Pike County so needs.

Fuuuuuuuck these people. Such an idiotic know nothing approach to the world. "This dude has less experience in politics and thus will be better at it despite everything else about him being terrible :downs:"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWrBPpya2w

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Fuuuuuuuck these people. Such an idiotic know nothing approach to the world. "This dude has less experience in politics and thus will be better at it despite everything else about him being terrible :downs:"

Terrible? He's a businessman, and that means he knows business and is a noble job creator that makes happy fun freedom money for everyone. lern ecanomecs libtard

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Not my old cat, she loving loved cucumbers. We couldn't have them out on the kitchen table without her pulling them to the floor at eating them.

Cats are weird. I had one that liked broccoli and toast.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Rah! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWrBPpya2w

Terrible? He's a businessman, and that means he knows business and is a noble job creator that makes happy fun freedom money for everyone. lern ecanomecs libtard

Cats are weird. I had one that liked broccoli and toast.

I had one that like doritos and coffee. She lived to 21 o_0

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ski Free taught me that Yetis on ski slopes are no laughing matter :colbert:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

hanales posted:

I had one that like doritos and coffee. She lived to 21 o_0

My old cat, who still lives in canada, used to steal whole steaks if you didn't keep guard over them. It was hilarious watching a kitten dragging a steak bigger than he was down the hall. No one really knows how old he is anymore but he's deaf, blind and got hit by a car a while ago because he was asleep behind its tire and was too deaf and blind to realize it turned on. He survived and is okay, well as okay as an old fat rear end in a top hat cat can be. He's definitely over fifteen and that's all we can agree on.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Um, I guess this isn't really Schadenfreude but I think it deserves a place here-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-34773280

quote:

A Swedish man has died and another has been seriously injured in a shopping trolley accident in Sydney, Australia.
Police say the men, both 28, found the trolley and were riding it down a steep hill in the eastern suburb of Randwick just after midnight when they hit a car coming the other way.
The man who survived had just arrived in Australia - he remains in hospital and police said he could face charges.
The trolley had reached speeds of up to 80km/h (50mph), said police.
"The male that was in the shopping trolley was catapulted out landing in a kerb," Det Supt Gavin Dengate told local media.
"Unfortunately we all know what shopping trolleys are like, and they are very difficult to control [it's] very very tragic."
He said riding in a shopping trolley "must be one of the most dangerous things you can do".
The 45-year-old driver of the car, who was not injured, tested negative for drugs and alcohol.

Both 28 year old men- sheesh - at least teenagers have an excuse.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Turtle Power!

http://i.imgur.com/k3xBeIY.gifv

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Turtles/terrapins are loving dicks. Source: I had to clean out a terrapin tank once a week for a year. Fuckers will go at you if you let them, I had to herd new students away from them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Never realized they had that kind of reach. But then again, I've never thought it was a good idea to pick up a snapping turtle the size of a frisbee.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

Never realized they had that kind of reach. But then again, I've never thought it was a good idea to pick up a snapping turtle the size of a frisbee.

I had almost that exact same thing happen to me. Found a big snapping turtle in the middle of the road, picked it up so it wouldn't get run over. Fortunately, I was holding it near the back, hands on either side of it's tail. It whipped its head around to bite me, and missed by what had to be less than an inch. Somehow I didn't drop it but now when I see a turtle in the road I give it the finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I had almost that exact same thing happen to me. Found a big snapping turtle in the middle of the road, picked it up so it wouldn't get run over. Fortunately, I was holding it near the back, hands on either side of it's tail. It whipped its head around to bite me, and missed by what had to be less than an inch. Somehow I didn't drop it but now when I see a turtle in the road I give it the finger.

Your finger is exactly what they want by the sounds of it.