Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
980ti 144hz @ 1440 res user chiming in here with my experience: solid 144 fps in game on ultra up until the overseer terminal, at which point you encounter a bug and cannot move away from it after exiting. I had to disable g-sync to get it working.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

nosl posted:

You can literally find this answer multiple times in the thread, even though it is not directly answered. You also neglected to say what specs you'd be running it on.

For reference, I upgraded from an i5 2500k and GTX 660 to a GTX 970 and i7 4790k just to run this game on ultra settings with max shadows and godrays, and I think I still might have to turn godrays down.

Counter reference, I have a i7 950 (1st gen), 6GB ram and GTX770 @ 1600 x 1050 and run on mix of High and Ultra with godrays off. It runs fine

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are season passes typically a nebulous buy? I've never gotten one and quite frankly I don't like the idea of giving tim howard $30 with absolutely no idea what I'd get in return.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

ShadowMar posted:

lmao, don't try to change your fov to something that won't make you puke folks, checkout the UI

nice. lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Are season passes typically a nebulous buy? I've never gotten one and quite frankly I don't like the idea of giving tim howard $30 with absolutely no idea what I'd get in return.

Never ever buy a Season Pass until all the content is out. There is literally no reason to. They never stop being on sale and usually go on discount before all the content is out.

Unless you know for a fact you want literally everything in a season pass it's always cheaper to buy things piecemeal instead.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hi guys please stop discussing the game for the next 6.5 hours which is when I will play it tia

also
best review

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Capn Beeb posted:

Also you don't have a gun on your person when you holster it at all which is loving lame.

This might be the worst thing I've heard so far.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

vandalism posted:

I downloaded the game all day at work and used the VPN thing to fully load the game, but my laptop is poo poo so the game failed to run. I'm trying to copy it over to my desktop at home using a homegroup, but that is nothing but endless hassles. I got it over and started steam in offline mode and it said that it wasn't ready to play in offline mode. Fine. I have the whole 25.2gb in my common folder, whatever. I get the vpn on my desktop and begin to launch steam. It shows that the game isn't even preloaded or anything. I deleted it and am transferring the files over from my laptop to the desktop again. ANy advice?

No advice, but seems like a lot of work for like 6 extra hours of gaming.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Season passes and pre-ordering are for chumps who hate having money, hth

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Ranter posted:

980ti 144hz user chiming in here with my experience: solid 144 fps in game on ultra up until the overseer terminal, at which point you encounter a bug and cannot move away from it after exiting. I had to disable g-sync to get it working.

what resolution bro?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The only Light Blue eye option is literally this, jaundiced with cataracts.

Cool racism against europeans bethesdasoftworks

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Heads up for anyone running a GTX860m, don't use the latest drivers. Roll back to 355.98 (Mad Max/MGSV driver).

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ravenfood posted:

Mods. FNV was significantly improved by them and it was starting from a better place, and every other Bethesda game was drastically improved. There's really no reason to get a Bethesda game at release, IMO.

DLC and patches do a better job of fixing poo poo. Mods just make things more janky and crashy. The game will be a lot better vanilla in weeks to come.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The only Light Blue eye option is literally this, jaundiced with cataracts.

Cool racism against europeans bethesdasoftworks

Nice manwoman you got there

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm still watching streams until tomorrow, but can you cannabalize/transfer weapon mods from one weapon to the other? There doesn't look like an option to unequip a mod from a gun in the crafting interface (at least watching people mod in streams)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Nice manwoman you got there

She can't see with those cloudy eyes so she didn't know what the doctors did to her. Don't judge her!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lakbay posted:

I'm still watching streams until tomorrow, but can you cannabalize/transfer weapon mods from one weapon to the other? There doesn't look like an option to unequip a mod from a gun in the crafting interface (at least watching people mod in streams)

doesn't look like it, if there is i haven't figured out a way to do it yet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

You can. When you change a weapon to another mod the previous mod is put into your inventory. So to unequip it you have to mod the gun to its lowest base level. Sometimes this costs a minor resource investment and other times it is free. As long as you have a mod in your inventory it is free to equip.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

There are others in other sidequests and as I said the Railroad is weird in that they are pro-freeing Synths but pretty straightforwardly do not view the synths as actual individuals. They are more interested in freeing them physically than actually freeing the person. I'd say this is just bad Bethesda writing but they actually have characters bring it up so the intended it. There are more sympathetic characters who don't really like synths, partially due to the extreme paranoia around them and just partially due to liking the idea. They really want this to be a theme of the game because people bring it up constantly, they're just not great at following through.

The game obviously wants you to be pro-synth but it tries, ineptly, to pain some ambiguity there. I suspect half the reason the Institute is so needlessly cacklingly evil is because they couldn't find a better way to make you pick the 'right' choice because the institute's synth-replacement stuff doesn't actually make any sense. Some of it is explained as the railroad being involved but some of it is just goofy evil because otherwise people might pick to side with their stupid son.

I actually kind of like that the Railroad isn't exactly interested in the individuals they are freeing more than the moral crusade of it all as that kind of paints them as a real abolitionist movement that likely won't actually eat dinner or treat a synth like a real person like the Boston equivalent of John Brown. I doubt Bethesda had the chops to intend that real parallel to this degree, but its the little things that show maybe someone cared or understood how to make a anti-slave movement in a shade of grey.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Speaking of faces: Why can't I get good haircuts like this for the women?

On a similar note, am I the only person who saw a penis here?

And of course my main character in the back is all :smuggo: about the fact her husband has a dick on his head.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ImpAtom posted:

You can. When you change a weapon to another mod the previous mod is put into your inventory. So to unequip it you have to mod the gun to its lowest base level. Sometimes this costs a minor resource investment and other times it is free. As long as you have a mod in your inventory it is free to equip.

this is the most bethesda thing i've heard

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Volkerball posted:

DLC and patches do a better job of fixing poo poo. Mods just make things more janky and crashy. The game will be a lot better vanilla in weeks to come.

Not when it came to Skyrim, Oblivion, FO3... The mods were better at fixing the game than the official patches!!!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Thanks! That's what I figured, I decided on a build with none of the modding skills so I'll have to go through all my loot and take off the premium mods.

And hopefully someone will mod it later so that when you scrap a weapon it saves puts mods into your inventory.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

afkmacro posted:

what resolution bro?

How do I put my 10mm pistol away so its not like I'm running around with it in front of my face?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TG-Chrono posted:

Not when it came to Skyrim, Oblivion, FO3... The mods were better at fixing the game than the official patches!!!

Skyrim was king jank with mods, and most of them were overrated. What was the dumb spreadsheet interface mod that everyone raved about? SkyUI I think? 10x worse than vanilla. I uninstalled all of them except the unofficial patches, and couldn't understand why my game kept crashing. Then I uninstalled the patches, and magically, it got better. GJ making things totally not worse there, "patch."

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 10, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like "tcl" is not the noclip command anymore hrm

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

this is the most bethesda thing i've heard

It kind of makes sense. The mods are you literally changing the gun. You can't just pull a different handle off you have to have something to replace it. The free ones are stuff like suppressors or scopes where you can reasonably yank them off without having to have something else in place. It's annoying in that it means you can't just break a gun down into its mods though which would be a really useful feature. (And I hope someone gets on it when mods start.)

Ranter posted:

How do I put my 10mm pistol away so its not like I'm running around with it in front of my face?

Hold the reload button.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

I see FO4 is meeting Bethesda expectations already

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hi
Wow
So
There's no console? Or can i just do a ini tweak to enable it? This is unacceptable!!!!!1!11fart Sorry if it's been answered, i never read launchday threads cause of spoilers.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Really fun game so far. The new feral ghouls are wild as hell, scary to deal with for me right now because they swarm and are ultra quick and seem to come out of nowhere half the time. Once I get better gear they'll probably be nothing special though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Skyrim was king jank with mods, and most of them were overrated. What was the dumb spreadsheet interface mod that everyone raved about? SkyUI I think? 10x worse than vanilla.

If you think SkyUI is worse than vanilla you are insane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I actually kind of like that the Railroad isn't exactly interested in the individuals they are freeing more than the moral crusade of it all as that kind of paints them as a real abolitionist movement that likely won't actually eat dinner or treat a synth like a real person like the Boston equivalent of John Brown. I doubt Bethesda had the chops to intend that real parallel to this degree, but its the little things that show maybe someone cared or understood how to make a anti-slave movement in a shade of grey.

It's one of those ideas which would be really interesting in the hands of better writers, yeah. :smith:

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
My GeForce experience says that 358.91 is ready for download, but no matter how I download and install it, it still says I'm at version 358.50. Why. You were supposed to make this easy!!!

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

ImpAtom posted:

There are others in other sidequests and as I said the Railroad is weird in that they are pro-freeing Synths but pretty straightforwardly do not view the synths as actual individuals. They are more interested in freeing them physically than actually freeing the person. I'd say this is just bad Bethesda writing but they actually have characters bring it up so the intended it. There are more sympathetic characters who don't really like synths, partially due to the extreme paranoia around them and just partially due to liking the idea. They really want this to be a theme of the game because people bring it up constantly, they're just not great at following through.

The game obviously wants you to be pro-synth but it tries, ineptly, to pain some ambiguity there. I suspect half the reason the Institute is so needlessly cacklingly evil is because they couldn't find a better way to make you pick the 'right' choice because the institute's synth-replacement stuff doesn't actually make any sense. Some of it is explained as the railroad being involved but some of it is just goofy evil because otherwise people might pick to side with their stupid son.

I will defer to your experience, since I never bothered doing quests for the Railroad.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The expanded autosave mod alone was great and significantly added to feelings if stability.

Jsawyer.esp and PN also were pretty drat good at quality of life improvements without increasing instability.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
How granular is AP scaled to Agi? In real terms, as in with Ago 2 how many shots can I queue up in a single vats compares to Agi 6 or 10?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
People that complain about the skyrim ui probably also thought the text size in dead rising was too small on non HD tvs :colbert:

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Im enjoying this but ultimately am hoping for another Obsidian take on the game because new vegas was 100x better than 3 and I loved 3.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Andrast posted:

If you think SkyUI is worse than vanilla you are insane.

It's horrible garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Looks like "tcl" is not the noclip command anymore hrm

I think it's case sensitive in Skyrim so try that

• Locked thread