Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
What kind of apartment doesn't have an oven? Even in my shittiest apartments I had an oven. Does it at least have a range?

That Breville does seem really nice though. It looks like it could handle anything I bake.

SpartanIvy has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

SpartanIV posted:

What kind of apartment doesn't have an oven? Even in my shittiest apartments I had an oven. Does it at least have a range?

That Breville does seem really nice though. It looks like it could handle anything I bake.

A lot of apartments in San Francisco :smith: I do have a nice gas range which I make extensive use of, though.

I'm going to be putting it through it's paces but so far the Breville has handled everything I've thrown at it wonderfully (cookies, roast chicken and veggies, and, of course, toast.)

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Ugly boots for splashing through winter puddles.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

everything works great, although i'm disappointed the fisher space pen writes exactly like a regular ballpoint pen

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean sure, ON EARTH. Just wait til you try it in space!!!!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oneiros posted:

I'm going to be putting it through it's paces but so far the Breville has handled everything I've thrown at it wonderfully (cookies, roast chicken and veggies, and, of course, toast.)

Can it make bread? (seems a bit small, but I a small pan may fit with the rack all the way down)

I like to make bread from scratch on the weekend, but during the week if I need a small loaf, I use a bread maker. Zojirushi makes a small 1lb loaf bread maker that works very well and doesn't take up a lot of counter space. Their rice-cooker rocks, also.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

beefnoodle posted:

Ugly boots for splashing through winter puddles.

I dig 'em. I think it's one of the better color schemes the 1460 comes in.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpartanIV posted:

My new apartment had an electric range but didn't have an oven, or even a space for one. So I got a Whirlpool JT-369SL:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I'm hemming and hawing about getting a new laptop (I need to see if I can put Windows 7 on my 2008 Dell netbook-for-when-I-travel because it's crippled by XP) & also trying to decide if I should spring for a Michal Negrin cuff bracelet that a local shop is selling at 1/2 price because they're no longer selling MN jewelry (all of the Negrin stock is half price :kingsley:)

(Not this one, but another colour scheme in the same style)

but I have a major cost due in my car this month, too, dammit :saddowns:

So in the meantime I've bought some other stuff:

Matthew 'Adric' Waterhouse's third novel (I've read the first two, and they're really witty):

Cinnamon Poptarts via import, because they're hugely expensive and only found in speciality stores here in the UK otherwise

Brain candy Stephen King book, which will be bittersweet, as the childhood friend with whom I used to snark on these things died back in September (and her lovely husband only told her friends two weeks ago)

Plus an extra copy of a research book in which I contributed a chapter (we got a free one, but I actually need a second one).

Oh, and tickets to a film!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Got this jacket after reading about it either here or in the recommendation thread:

Arcteryx Atom LT

I also picked up the Nexus 6P 64gb in black. Hopefully it will come soon.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Samsonite big-rear end hard shelled spinner, upgrade to Premium Economy on AirFrance (a pretty decent upgrade on int'l flights), and season one of You're The Worst. A relatively good flight.

The Maker's Mark I brought to my coworkers did not break this time, I did not have back pain for two days and was pretty entertained.

No pics, phone posting from a lovely bar in Brno.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
lmao gadsden flag, that dude is a parody

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

lmao gadsden flag, that dude is a parody

Don't tread on me.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
New shoes for winter:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't tread on me.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

Sorbus posted:

New shoes for winter:

What place is it that has no snow/slush (huge holes for the laces all the way down) yet is cold enough to warrant shoes with fluffy stuff inside? Or does the fluffy stuff only extend for a minuscule amount, being more for looks and less for warmth?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't tread on me.

A good motto - for a snake.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Loezi posted:

What place is it that has no snow/slush (huge holes for the laces all the way down) yet is cold enough to warrant shoes with fluffy stuff inside? Or does the fluffy stuff only extend for a minuscule amount, being more for looks and less for warmth?

The south. It got down to the teens and 20's for a couple of weeks with no snow last year.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sorbus posted:

New shoes for winter:

Pretty dope

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Sorbus posted:

New shoes for winter:

Link please?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Solid Cake posted:

Got this jacket after reading about it either here or in the recommendation thread:

Arcteryx Atom LT

See how smug that lady is?

That is how smug you will be the first really cold day you wear it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I bought this top, and figured since it was a Hong Kong brand the sizing would be pretty fair, but the small is too baggy. In which case I have to wonder what the gently caress this model is wearing?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bunnielab posted:

See how smug that lady is?

That is how smug you will be the first really cold day you wear it.

Her children made the jacket.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh my god I just realized I preordered Fallout 4 with economy shipping and it's too late to change it :( I guess I can... wait a week for it...

Oh. It'll be here Wednesday. Whatever, I can live an extra day without Fallout 4. I have a backlog of games that I won't finish in six lifetimes already.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sorbus posted:

New shoes for winter:

Are those dress sneakers?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

flosofl posted:

Are those dress sneakers?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Ahhhh why is this sold out now, I should've bought it when you first posted. Pretty awesome.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Call of Cholula posted:

Ahhhh why is this sold out now, I should've bought it when you first posted. Pretty awesome.

I really hope they make a 'Co-Producer: Speed Weed' pin as a follow-up :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Would put that bumper sticker on every car I ever own.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Where the gently caress do I get this on a shirt

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Night Danger Moose posted:

Would put that bumper sticker on every car I ever own.

I would out it on every outrageous conservative car I see here in Texas

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

Don't gently caress with other people's property. Ever. Period.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

SaltLick posted:

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't gently caress with other people's property. Ever. Period.

I would put two of them on your car, Bill.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cyberia posted:

I would put two of them on your car, Bill.

Make sure to smile for the cameras.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Shut up, take my money etc.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Make sure to smile for the cameras.

are they on your car?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

are they on your car?

Yuuup. And even better ones on my house if it's parked at home.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wanted to read something new... Went a bit overboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Yuuup. And even better ones on my house if it's parked at home.

What exactly do you have on your car? They're always on and work at night?