Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It never ruins it but sometimes it's nice to find things out by watching it.

This is how I feel as well, but I still think it's silly to throw your hands up and give up on a show you presumably enjoy just because you found out the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

If a show is ruined by knowing the ending twist, it's probably not a very good show to begin with.
i liked yu yu yuuuuuu okay but it takes like 7 episodes to get to its actual plot, gives the characters very little development in spite of that, and pretty much makes the whole show completely pointless at the end.

looking forward to season 2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Reds posted:

There are some spoilers where it's obnoxious of you to say but it won't kill the show or anything, and then there's telling people the ending that completely destroys the show because it is reliant on you not knowing. In YYY knowing this in advance completely devalues most of the scenes in the second half of the show. Spoiling somethign like that is called being an rear end. It's like telling people who the killer was in a mystery.

i think endorph was just venting her frustrations with the ending (which seem understandable) in response to YYY being brought up. it wasn't a malicious post and i'm sure we can all live with knowing the ending

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Droyer posted:

Is it good? i only know it from that "worst dub in anime" video

It is really awesome and cool, and the second episode is about the team hacker fighting a killer robot.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

he also pinned what I assume to be a bondage scene from a yaoi VN to his twitter

Link?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I said that I was going to play Plague of Shadows but instead I turned on Phantom Pain and judo flipped people for an hour

:negative: I forgot how to play other video games

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Second greatest dub of all time.

That's not ghost stories

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom you are a very predictable person

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

That's not ghost stories
if you think ghost stories is second best dub, what do you think is best dub

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Smug Chris is cute!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A lot of osomatsu fanart is hosed up

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked Benten's arc best, followed by the main guy/corpse computer arc, then visor guy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NotALizardman posted:

Smug Chris is cute!!

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

NotALizardman posted:

Smug Chris is cute!!

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

GorfZaplen posted:

This is how I feel as well, but I still think it's silly to throw your hands up and give up on a show you presumably enjoy just because you found out the ending.

If a show relies completely on you not knowing something to give its scenes weight, then the drama has no impact because you already know what's going to happen. Foregone conclusions damage a show. Exactly how much they damage a show varies, and just because it doesn't matter much for some shows doesn't mean you should be an rear end in a top hat and ruin shows where it does matter.

I reserve the right to be upset over somebody ruining somebody's experience of a show I like because they don't think that spoilers matter.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Reds posted:

There are some spoilers where it's obnoxious of you to say but it won't kill the show or anything, and then there's telling people the ending that completely destroys the show because it is reliant on you not knowing. In YYY knowing this in advance completely devalues most of the scenes in the second half of the show. Spoiling somethign like that is called being an rear end. It's like telling people who the killer was in a mystery.

Having recently played umineko makes this post quite humorous

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

if you think ghost stories is second best dub, what do you think is best dub

Space dandy

Although Code geass is p gud

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like Space Dandy but Baccano is the best dub

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good choice

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

also it seems like the YYY release was at least nice...though still overpriced. haven't heard anything about the Rokka release that would justify/mitigate the PonyCan price

I think Aniplex is the only company that can succeed with those high prices because they're really good at doing market research to identify which shows have a really hardcore fanbase that will happily pay a lot.

Tho personally as long as there's still a streaming option available I don't mind that there's only the low-end and high-end options. Does suck for the type of consumer that just wants a physical copy and no extra goodies though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

NotALizardman posted:

Smug Chris is cute!!

Smug girls are very good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/jonjonaug

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
PSG also has an amazing dub, panty's VA makes the show even though stockings a best

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Reds posted:

If a show relies completely on you not knowing something to give its scenes weight, then the drama has no impact because you already know what's going to happen. Foregone conclusions damage a show. Exactly how much they damage a show varies, and just because it doesn't matter much for some shows doesn't mean you should be an rear end in a top hat and ruin shows where it does matter.

I reserve the right to be upset over somebody ruining somebody's experience of a show I like because they don't think that spoilers matter.

my hero, so dreamy

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not gonna click that link.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

kyaa

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the wildest rear end posted:

A lot of osomatsu fanart is hosed up

The first episode being full of fujo bait was a warning.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Sorry Corals posted:

my hero, so dreamy

I missed reds from FA

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

A very good game that destroyed the bottom screen of my DS

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

PSG also has an amazing dub, panty's VA makes the show even though stockings a best

:yeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that twitter is really bad but on the other hand it retweeted this

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

NotALizardman posted:

Smug Chris is cute!!

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
The argument against spoilers is that the journey is more important than the destination.

In this case the spoiler ruins the journey. So congratulations.

Ok I'm done.

Srice posted:

I think Aniplex is the only company that can succeed with those high prices because they're really good at doing market research to identify which shows have a really hardcore fanbase that will happily pay a lot.

Tho personally as long as there's still a streaming option available I don't mind that there's only the low-end and high-end options. Does suck for the type of consumer that just wants a physical copy and no extra goodies though.

I think that that kind of inflexible consumer-unfriendly pricing is the worst thing and just because you're doing it because you know people are crazy enough to pay your prices to compensate for the sane people you lose doesn't mean you should do it. I think that paying absurd prices for something is less showing how dedicated you are and more showing a lack of self control because you're being ripped off.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Who has a case of the Mondays? Come down to arbys & contemplate how old you've become & how you've disappointed everyone who once loved you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That beign said I want an av of Jyushimatsu, the funny retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I watched Space Dandy with a sub for the first time yesterday, it's cool that the dub and sub are pretty much exactly on-par with each other, right down to both having amazing voices for Dandy.

• Locked thread