Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Endorph posted:

that twitter is really bad but on the other hand it retweeted this

I loved when Moe saved John Cena from that deadly blow from those stairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The first episode being full of fujo bait was a warning.

thats the real reason it got taken down

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Droyer posted:

Who has a case of the Mondays? Come down to arbys & contemplate how old you've become & how you've disappointed everyone who once loved you.

I didn't but I do now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's Tuesday now anyway.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Reds posted:

I think that that kind of inflexible consumer-unfriendly pricing is the worst thing and just because you're doing it because you know people are crazy enough to pay your prices to compensate for the sane people you lose doesn't mean you should do it. I think that paying absurd prices for something is less showing how dedicated you are and more showing a lack of self control because you're being ripped off.

yeah but the japanese prices are just as silly, and who knows how much leeway distributors are given in pricing.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Droyer posted:

Who has a case of the Mondays? Come down to arbys & contemplate how old you've become & how you've disappointed everyone who once loved you.

I unironically like arby's. The turkey bacon ranch owns, everything else is complete poo poo

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I unironically like arby's. The turkey bacon ranch owns, everything else is complete poo poo

I don't have arby's, I just love that twitter

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Sakurazuka posted:

It's Tuesday now anyway.

I still got four hours of Monday left bro

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Droyer posted:

I don't have arby's, I just love that twitter

me to thanks game grumps for giving me one thing useful

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D02dxQvULLQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

me to thanks game grumps for giving me one thing useful
dilber you're literally turning into a caveman

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait is Game Grumps the guys that do Friday Night Fisticuffs and Saturday Morning Scrublords?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mostly like aniplex and their insane pricing because it's still cheaper than an import and also has similar cool goodies. really wish i had known about their Katanagatari set nefore it went out of print.

oh, but their gatari releases suck

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait is Game Grumps the guys that do Friday Night Fisticuffs and Saturday Morning Scrublords?

no

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

that's two/super best friends play

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

dilber you're literally turning into a caveman

I just need some background music for sleeping, creatine keeps my sleep schedule in whack and lowtax doesn't do gaming garbage anymore, same with true capitalist radio

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Oh my god Chris' new fight song, this is incredible

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

NotALizardman posted:

MEGA DETH PARTY

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I just need some background music for sleeping, creatine keeps my sleep schedule in whack and lowtax doesn't do gaming garbage anymore

try CannibalK9's LP of The Void

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

that's two/super best friends play

Oh, okay. enjoyed their Melty Blood and Rival Schools videos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

melty blood is good

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

NotALizardman posted:

Chris is best, but I really like Tsubasa

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wonder of Chris actually listens to Megadeth

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

I think that that kind of inflexible consumer-unfriendly pricing is the worst thing and just because you're doing it because you know people are crazy enough to pay your prices to compensate for the sane people you lose doesn't mean you should do it. I think that paying absurd prices for something is less showing how dedicated you are and more showing a lack of self control because you're being ripped off.

I'd feel it would be an unfriendly option if there were no alternatives, but Aniplex is legit really good at getting their shows out on as many streaming services as possible.

They only want to target low-end (streaming) and high-end (expensive boxsets) customers and heck, I can't blame them for going that route since it's pretty safe.

Especially since not all of their stuff is hella expensive, they are quite good at nailing down a good price range for various types of shows.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Motto posted:

yeah but the japanese prices are just as silly, and who knows how much leeway distributors are given in pricing.

The Japanese prices shouldn't be that high to begin with. Just because that's how it works doesn't mean that should be how it works. That's like going "well he only stabbed you once, at least you weren't stabbed three times, right" to use a very overdramatic metaphor.

The business model is the scummiest thing possible. And if nobody buys it they just go "well i guess nobody wanted it" and blame the consumer and pick up their toys and leave.

Streaming does make it far, far, far less of an issue, but it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. It's not fair to people who aren't happy to pay many times what they should be for a physical product.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dunno how the Rokka release even started all this talk, when it looks like the dvd/bd release might be cancelled lol

the show just can't catch a break

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'and in this game vampires are actually moon aliens'

i turned off the melty blood video

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

I wonder of Chris actually listens to Megadeth

All of Chris's attacks referencing rock bands just makes me smile.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I will also note that because of my particular educational background infecting me with business AIDS that sort of stuff is legit what I immediately think of when seeing that stuff

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

What was the deal with vampires in the nasuverse?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

VVV has a S3?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Reds posted:

The Japanese prices shouldn't be that high to begin with. Just because that's how it works doesn't mean that should be how it works. It's insanity. That's like going "well he only stabbed you once, at least you weren't stabbed three times, right".

The business model is the scummiest thing possible. And if nobody buys it they just go "well i guess nobody wanted it" and blame the consumer and pick up their toys and leave.

Streaming does make it far, far less of an issue, but it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. It's not fair to people who aren't happy to pay many times what they should be.

i've read that japanese pricing is due to anime being super-niche as well as the vast majority of people in japan renting or buying used rather than getting stuff new, so sales wouldn't increase significantly even if prices were cut across the board. absolutely no idea how true any of that is though, since it all comes from Online Japanese Culture Experts

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Reds posted:

The Japanese prices shouldn't be that high to begin with. Just because that's how it works doesn't mean that should be how it works. It's insanity. That's like going "well he only stabbed you once, at least you weren't stabbed three times, right".

Streaming does make it far, far less of an issue, but it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. It's not fair to people who aren't happy to pay many times what they should be.

but there's no reason for the Japanese market to change with the prevalence of rentals and the fact that mostly anime exists to sell things other than itself. i dunno if lower prices would even sell enough to make up for it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

But what if they're aiming a gun and shooting at you

Does that mean they are the enemy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

i've read that japanese pricing is due to anime being super-niche as well as the vast majority of people in japan renting or buying used rather than getting stuff new, so sales wouldn't increase significantly even if prices were cut across the board. absolutely no idea how true any of that is though, since it all comes from Online Japanese Culture Experts

It makes a lot more sense when you consider the expensive blu-rays to be more collector's items than something practical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Droyer posted:

What was the deal with vampires in the nasuverse?
they're vampires

• Locked thread