Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hitler meant to exterminate the jebs but they didn't have spellcheck back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

agent_wildflower posted:

:argh: And no, Eric, you definitely didn't unlock blood graphics in MK for the SNES.

Game Genie.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Have we talked about cool and good dude Ben Carson saying stuff to the good people of Puerto Rico?

Article

This is all great news... for Jeb!!!

How does he come up with this poo poo? We have US1 running right down to Key West and more than a couple military bases in Florida, the entirety of which is closer to any possible landing zone than San loving Juan. For gently caress's sake he seems not to be aware of Hispaniola being between Cuba and PR.

Is he saying it's great for strategic cereal storage?

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

would hitler go forward in time to kill baby jeb? would history change? food for thought

George W Bush would never have been elected President if JEB! hadn't rigged the election for him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

How does he come up with this poo poo? We have US1 running right down to Key West and more than a couple military bases in Florida, the entirety of which is closer to any possible landing zone than San loving Juan. For gently caress's sake he seems not to be aware of Hispaniola being between Cuba and PR.

Is he saying it's great for strategic cereal storage?

Ben is super cereal.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ben is super cereal.

He developed pre-packaged parboiled rice, which is why it's called Uncle Ben's.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Catching up and

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Little late to the party, hope y'all can forgive me

:holymoley:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Whiskey Sours posted:

George W Bush would never have been elected President if JEB! hadn't rigged the election for him.

Yeah, I'm sure no other Republican governor would've done the exact same thing...

I have to expect it would still be run by a Republican in JEB!'s absence, as if he could get elected pretty much anyone could.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

steinrokkan posted:

The Surprising Adventures of Baron Bencarson.

Fool, you never go full Munchausen!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I finally found a good way to describe just why Ben Carson's pyramid theory bothers me so much. Today on talk radio some jerk called in and said he was boycotting Starbucks because he heard a while ago that the CEO said that the people in line at Chik-Fil-A weren't welcome at Starbucks. The host told him that wasn't ever verified, and he said "well, I believe it, and that's why I am boycotting them."

A grown man made a life decision based on some unverified wild rumor he heard, and nothing is going to change his mind. If Ben Carson can just "believe" that the pyramids were used to store grain despite all evidence to the contrary, he's probably prone to making stupid loving decisions based on his beliefs. Nothing scares me more than a(nother) president that will do something based on what he believes despite every bit of evidence telling him it's a bad idea.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
gently caress anyone who believes anything imo

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

memy posted:

Catching up and

:holymoley:

It's missing the CARSON: tag. :sigh:

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
One thing I think we've all learned recently about Ben Carson is that he is a man of many strong, long-held beliefs:

Montasque posted:

Jeb doubled down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uuP5u3zsyE

JEB!'s preference for a "fine fruit" could turn out to be an asset.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Triglav posted:

gently caress anyone who believes anything imo

Believing gays and lesbians and trans people are entitled to marry each other and not face socioeconomic persecution as a result, eh, that's really not too far from believing they will all burn in hell unless those sinful desires are beaten out them, oh, and removing snowflake imagery from cups is basically feeding Christians to lions in the Colosseum all over again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jeb!'s Super PAC is getting desperate and may end up seriously damaging his campaign.

quote:

Right to Rise held focus groups in New Hampshire shortly after the Oct. 28 Republican debate, in which, among other things, the participants were quizzed about Mr. Rubio’s missed vote on a Republican priority: cutting federal funding for Planned Parenthood, which carries out abortions. The responses suggested that it could provide a potent line of attack.

In an attempt to blunt Mr. Rubio’s appeal against a Democratic nominee, Mr. Murphy recently showed some Republicans a video portraying Mr. Rubio as too extreme on abortion. A longtime opponent of abortion rights, Mr. Rubio said in a debate in August that he had “never advocated” laws that would allow abortions, even in cases of rape or incest.

If they attack Rubio from the left on abortion, they might as well start sending him campaign contributions.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/10/republican_debate_soundboard_gop_candidate_quotes.html

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

The sexism coming out of the GOP is disgusting. If they were capable of it I'd suggest they feel shame.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Jeb!'s Super PAC is getting desperate and may end up seriously damaging his campaign.

If they attack Rubio from the left on abortion, they might as well start sending him campaign contributions.

Hmmm... I think Jeb is going to play the "Would you abort baby Hitler" bomb on Rubio during the debate.

Very clever.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Hahahhaa that lone Kasich quote

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Gregoriev posted:

I'm confused, how does he know Ben Carson was in that class?

But the snippet of the article says it was a classmate he stabbed.

Not sure if this was said already but I doubt there were any other black kids in that class.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Have we talked about cool and good dude Ben Carson saying stuff to the good people of Puerto Rico?

Article

This is all great news... for Jeb!!!

What the poo poo? Did Ben Carson read a treatise on American security written in the 1890's? A naval base in the Caribbean will do us well to deny access to the monarchists of Europe, act as a coaling station, and secure the Isthmus of Panama for the future canal!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Lord of Pie posted:

:eyepop:

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Hitler meant to exterminate the jebs

Another policy he and Trump have in common.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You know this means?

We're one step away from someone killing a baby on live TV.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Wall Is Life posted:

Not sure if this was said already but I doubt there were any other black kids in that class.

But the guy who claims Carson was there said he wasn't at the proctored fake exam, he just helped write it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Lord of Pie posted:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Joementum posted:

If you support abortions only in the case of rape and incest, I think you're actually a worse person than someone who bans all abortions. The latter is based on a sincere belief that fetuses are human life, and if you believe that, it's consistent to ban it regardless of the circumstances of conception. Allowing a rape/incest exemption is nothing more than trying to punish women for having consensual sex, which disgusts me even more than the thought of banning abortion for any reason but to protect the life of the mother.

Personally, I believe that abortion should be legal up to the point where the fetus can live outside the womb, in which case it should be legal to induce labour in lieu of an abortion. Of course, abortion should be legal at any time of the well-being of the mother is threatened. But I still have more respect for those who believe fetuses are human life and act accordingly, compared to those who think babies ought to be the punishment for sex.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what if you put a baby on stage during the republican debate and said with full sincerity that "thanks to biblical scholars unlocking the secrets of time travel hidden in the bible, we have successfully pulled baby hitler out of the timestream and we now present him to you. the first candidate to kill this baby hitler will get the nomination"

at minimum ben carson would believe you, but idk if he'd kill the baby.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Reminder that this happened in a Republican debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxtLccVnu0

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I just want to chime in and say, that with the past week alone bringing us these quotes:

"Belt buckles really pretty much don't stop stabbing. They turn, they twist, things slide off them -- pretty lucky if that happened."

(paraphrasing) "The pyramids were built by Joseph to hold grain"

"Hell yeah, I would kill baby Hitler"

I am now convinced that there is utterly nothing off the table for discussion in the republican primary. This is an absolute victory for democracy.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Bucswabe posted:

I just want to chime in and say, that with the past week alone bringing us these quotes:

"Belt buckles really pretty much don't stop stabbing. They turn, they twist, things slide off them -- pretty lucky if that happened."

(paraphrasing) "The pyramids were built by Joseph to hold grain"

"Hell yeah, I would kill baby Hitler"

I am now convinced that there is utterly nothing off the table for discussion in the republican primary. This is an absolute victory for democracy.

I've always like Bill SImmons' theory of the Tyson Zone. Where a celebrity starts doing such crazy poo poo that there is literally nothing you wouldn't believe about the person. That is where we are in this campaign. There's basically nothing that I wouldn't believe. Even that bear story posted earlier, with just a few small details changed, it would have been completely believable. As it was half of the people here believe it anyway! It's just glorious.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:getin:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Daily JEB! excitement check time, I am a solid 11/10!!!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Trump's tweets feel soo good

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Joementum posted:

Reminder that this happened in a Republican debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxtLccVnu0

How have I not seen this? This is like a Dada debate. Have the dopiest people bring up the stupidest arguments and then show an empty podium as if their silence is worse than responding to idiots.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Maxwells Demon posted:

How have I not seen this? This is like a Dada debate. Have the dopiest people bring up the stupidest arguments and then show an empty podium as if their silence is worse than responding to idiots.

Lol.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's extremely bad taste to go after rubio for his djinn's curse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A show of hands for which candidates would kill baby Hitler would be Peak GOP Debate.

• Locked thread