Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So who's gonna be Cigars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Vados is a girl so she's probably named after a flower or something.

e: Is Calvados typically stronger than whiskey? Champagne is usually stronger than beer though so that idea is thrown out anyway.

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 9, 2015

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Wait, Vados isn't vodka?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sharktamer posted:

e: Is Calvados typically stronger than whiskey? Champagne is usually stronger than beer though so that idea is thrown out anyway.

For all we know Champa is twice as strong as Beerus; I know in one of the movies (or Super i can't remember which) Whis said that Beerus wasn't the most powerful destroyer god in the multiverse.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Enourmo posted:

For all we know Champa is twice as strong as Beerus; I know in one of the movies (or Super i can't remember which) Whis said that Beerus wasn't the most powerful destroyer god in the multiverse.

Someone has said somewhere that Champa is the weaker of the two. It might have been in the manga.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, the latest manga says that Champa is weaker (probably due to being lazier), but Valdos is probably stronger than Whis.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Super manga said something along the lines of this, paraphrasing:

Goku: "woah, you look like a Fat Beerus, are you going to fight? who's tougher"
Vados: "One look at them should be enough to figure that out"
Goku: "Oh, and you look like Whis, are you stronger than him?"
Vados: "A bit."
Whis: "u wot m8?"

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
a g-g-g-girl :ohdear: character being the strongest one so far would be pretty great

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
This is all leading to a confrontation with the Greatest of all Gods: Everclear.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
When will they meet the green fairy?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
And the God of universe 2 is Pāntu-Sinna. He's not very good

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

sharktamer posted:

Huh, the adjutants (Whis and Vados) are both named for distilled liquors, while Beerus and Champa are not.

I wonder if this is intentional.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Huh, the adjutants (Whis and Vados) are both named for distilled liquors, while Beerus and Champa are not.

I wonder if this is intentional.

Yeah it's all intentional except for Beerus name

the original writer of battle of gods intended his name to be a pun on "virus" but when Toriyama took over he assumed it was a pun on "beers" so when he created beerus' attendant, etc etc

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Blockhouse posted:

the original writer of battle of gods intended his name to be a pun on "virus" but when Toriyama took over he assumed it was a pun on "beers" so when he created beerus' attendant, etc etc

hail toriyama

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

was the original writer the stupid Broly fanboy because I don't like that guy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

projecthalaxy posted:

was the original writer employed by toei

yes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In Extreme Butoden, Broly is hilariously overpowered, and I used him and Kid Buu to run through the whole adventure mode easily.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

projecthalaxy posted:

was the original writer the stupid Broly fanboy because I don't like that guy

All we know is that the original writer intended to have it be Virus, an evil entity that would make the Saiyans evil and stuff. So maybe.

Dragon Ball Evolution did a lot of bad things, but making it so Toriyama came back to the franchise kinda vindicates it. The unsung tragic hero of the franchise.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

All we know is that the original writer intended to have it be Virus, an evil entity that would make the Saiyans evil and stuff. So maybe.

Dragon Ball Evolution did a lot of bad things, but making it so Toriyama came back to the franchise kinda vindicates it. The unsung tragic hero of the franchise.

Please explain

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Please explain

Dragon Ball Evolution sucked. It sucked really, really bad and Toriyama was mad and poo poo something so bad came out of his stuff, so a few years later, when Toei was setting up for a new animated movie Toriyama decided he had the power to stop another DBE situation and fixed up the premise of the movie, then before he knew it just wrote the whole drat thing.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/05/20/akira-toriyama-directly-comments-on-dragon-ball-evolution/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/battle-gods-animanga-akira-toriyama/

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dragon Ball Evolution sucked. It sucked really, really bad and Toriyama was mad and poo poo something so bad came out of his stuff, so a few years later, when Toei was setting up for a new animated movie Toriyama decided he had the power to stop another DBE situation and fixed up the premise of the movie, then before he knew it just wrote the whole drat thing.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/05/20/akira-toriyama-directly-comments-on-dragon-ball-evolution/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/battle-gods-animanga-akira-toriyama/
Only bad belated Hollywood adaptations can save anime.

Maybe if Keeanu Reeves can finally make his Cowboy "47 Ronin" Bebop movie a reality, we can get another Cowboy Bebop animated movie out of it.

Also something something Battle Angel Alita.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont think we need another cowboy bebop movie

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Blockhouse posted:

Well Toriyama uses a naming scheme for all things related so once he saw BEERus it just clicked for him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The original Beerus sounds like a lovely idea. Thanks for avoiding that fate, Toriyama.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
It's kinda weird how many tone shifts this anime has had since the start. I know it only makes sense considering it has been written over 20 years but it started out as a gag anime then turned super serious and now is back to gag stuff with the most powerful warriors in the universe doing house chores. Vegeta isn't even the same character anymore he might as well be someone completely new considering how different he is in z to this and Goku has turned into a child like retard again it's kinda strange.

Not that I mind, one of my favorite episodes of Z was when they got their driver's license and that was 100% filler. However I think they might start to be over doing it. Watching vegeta do wacky stuff in BoG was amazing because how serious of a character he has always been. Now he is doing it almost every episode it's just not as funny.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He's not even being wacky, though? He's treating the housechores super seriously and training way harder than Goku.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Goku's always been a manchild though, that's the whole point of his granny voice. Its just that everything got super serious all the time until Super/BotG.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Stairmaster posted:

i dont think we need another cowboy bebop movie
I didn't think we needed another Dragonball z movie but here we are in 2015 with 2 pretty good ones so....

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There's a difference between live-action movies and animated ones.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Personally I prefer Vegeta this way, the alternative would be continuing his cycle of forgetting/learning to be humble in every single arc, but I agree they should sparse his wacky moments a bit more.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Aurora posted:

There's a difference between live-action movies and animated ones.
And it took us a bad Hollywood live-action adaptation to get us these animated movies

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cardboard Box A posted:

I didn't think we needed another Dragonball z movie but here we are in 2015 with 2 pretty good ones so....

This does not mean everything needs one not will they be good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm also of the opinion the second movie is bad so that statement definitely is very subjective

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I just like that even though Goku and Vegeta know Frieza was a mass murdering tyrant, they're still hyped he's been res'd so they can fight him again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it probably feels like theres more wacky vegeta than usual because we're about to get into the RoF stuff and things are going to be a bit more serious for a while with him soon

but honestly this is the best vegeta's ever been

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GpeZBqKQWU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like how it's basically guaranteed at this point that Vegeta got Super Saiyan God and its extensions through training. It feels like a nice take that! to Goku.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be if Goku's reaction was anything other than "Cool!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegeta wants to lord his stuff over Goku but Goku is just happy anyone else bothers to train anymore

It's basically just him and Vegeta at this point

• Locked thread