Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

There's a tone to the terrible anime-lite games I've been recommended like Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney that seems like it's going for whimsical and just comes across as flat, unrealistic, unfunny and childish in a really insufferable way.

It's embarrassing because someone seeing me watching this poo poo would think I'm a mental adolescent who believes humans interact that way. It's kind of like listening to Beastie Boys in your car. poo poo's just embarrassing.

Nothing wrong with enjoying Beastie Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

There's a tone to the terrible anime-lite games I've been recommended like Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney that seems like it's going for whimsical and just comes across as flat, unrealistic, unfunny and childish in a really insufferable way.

It's embarrassing because someone seeing me watching this poo poo would think I'm a mental adolescent who believes humans interact that way. It's kind of like listening to Beastie Boys in your car. poo poo's just embarrassing.

lots of words to say a whole lot of nothing

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Motto posted:

Source.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The games chat thread. This is part of MGS5 discussion, somehow.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

I am quite upset right now

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

whuh
where??

It's called No, Thank You!!! and I'm not linking to it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

How is unrealistic possibly a complaint for loving ghost trick. A game that heavily involves ghosts?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Droyer posted:

I just feel bad for the guy. The last time I felt embarrassed about videogames was in middle school.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Droyer posted:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

i forgot what i was going to say, because of the yaoi vn post

:nws: got $40?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Why would somebody post that

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why would you read the games chat thread

that said, is there a sane place in this forum i can read fallout 4 impressions

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

The games chat thread. This is part of MGS5 discussion, somehow.
Ah yes, Metal Gear. The least anime of video game franchises.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Same.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Davincie posted:

haha, no

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

Right here my man :cheerdoge:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Davincie posted:

Bethesda made it so don't play it.

Done.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gently caress yes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Bethesda made it so don't play it.

Done.

I think this is the sort of thing Davincie was hoping to avoid

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

It's called No, Thank You!!! and I'm not linking to it.

well i like the art...is it bad or something?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I think this is the sort of thing Davincie was hoping to avoid
Considering I expressed my opinion concisely in less than five seconds, I would presume not.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I was actually thinking about how awesome having the car was in Fallout 2 yesterday. I was rolling around with my super mutant, deathclaw and robot bros in a car full of drugs and explosives...I love having lots of items in games.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

But who can say?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Where the road goes?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Where the day flows?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

On~ly tiiime.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

these guys are really unimpressed about their dicks getting sucked

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I love grabbing shitloads of guns and bullets from my secret stash right before confronting a bunch of badguys, then doing all of my drugs and shooting off the dicks of six enclave soldiers in a single turn.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Is the Enclave really back?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he wears that shirt, but his quote is "No, I don't swing that way" :psyduck:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Is the Enclave really back?

I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

he wears that shirt, but his quote is "No, I don't swing that way" :psyduck:

He doesn't swing your way

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

It seems like if you liked Fallout 3, you'll like Fallout 4

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I was actually thinking about how awesome having the car was in Fallout 2 yesterday. I was rolling around with my super mutant, deathclaw and robot bros in a car full of drugs and explosives...I love having lots of items in games.

Agreed. Bring back the highwayman in Fallout: New Denver.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't really play Bethesda games for their epic stories, basically every RPG of theirs I've played the most memorable and fun experiences come from exploring the world at my own pace, which is something they excel at I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

gently caress yes

Awwwww yeah ponytail on a dude.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Bethesda games paralyze me with choice, so I never get far in them. That is probably my opinion on Fallout 4 if I were to play it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

well i like the art...is it bad or something?

No I just didn't want to link to a big page of nsfw stuff lol. It was covered up but I don't want to get a bad reputation :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't know if it was their intent but the patchwork nature of Fallout 3's world was very surreal and seemed like it was taken out of my dreams, and I always appreciate a game more when they achieve this even if it wasn't their intended effect.

• Locked thread