Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I have a whole lot of problems with Bethesda's games but I'm not gonna get into them and instead I'm going to continue playing games about rude anime teens

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sometimes people just up and leave entire towns behind.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the only good isometric rpg is arcanum

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Knorth posted:

Despite my reservations about body/facial hair, that is a good butt :)
you're in luck

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GorfZaplen posted:

We're not particularly clean even today, frankly.

In the movie Monsters there'a big section where they walk through a town that's been destroyed by huge alien monsters, and they didn't have to build any sets for it. they just filmed in a town near the gulf after Hurricane Ike.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

We're not particularly clean even today, frankly.

There's a difference between "not particularly clean" and "everyone walks through a garbage dump to go anywhere in the city of New Vegas"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't really think the Fallout series has had any particularly impressive plotlines, at least to me, it's more subquests and characters that I remember being really good. I haven't played FO1 though.
The plot in most Fallout games is purely functional. It's an excuse to get you exploring the world and meeting new people and weird creatures. My point is just that in the non-Bethesda games that world had an extra layer of history and intrigue, having built off previous installments in the franchise.

GorfZaplen posted:

I think that's a fair assessment but I also think you could make the case that since they take place on opposite sides of the continent, the world of Fallout 3 and 4 could be happening simultaneously with the rest of the series.
They could, which is probably why they decided to distance themselves, but it's still sacrificing one of the more unique facets of the series for the sake of accessibility.

Even then you have problems like wiping out the Enclave in the second game, only I guess there was an entirely different branch on the West Coast with...another president? If the Enclave shows up again will they have a third president?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

you're in luck

Awesome, also, can't wait to see the references to non-existent body hair :)

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Thinking about doing something different next con, is dual cirno with a friend a bad idea?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Thinking about doing something different next con, is dual cirno with a friend a bad idea?

One of you should be Daiyousei

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

dogsicle posted:

when should i look forward to the FMA simulread/Seafood Effortpost Thread?
Sometime early on in 2016.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

There's a difference between "not particularly clean" and "everyone walks through a garbage dump to go anywhere in the city of New Vegas"

Mr. House's entire goal is to kill all the poor people and transform the rest of New Vegas into a gambling paradise.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Go as Clownpiece instead.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Is your friend a guy too? One of the best cosplays I've seen in person was two incredibly ripped dudes cosplaying the girls from My Neighbor Totoro

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The plot in most Fallout games is purely functional. It's an excuse to get you exploring the world and meeting new people and weird creatures. My point is just that in the non-Bethesda games that world had an extra layer of history and intrigue, having built off previous installments in the franchise.
They could, which is probably why they decided to distance themselves, but it's still sacrificing one of the more unique facets of the series for the sake of accessibility.

Even then you have problems like wiping out the Enclave in the second game, only I guess there was an entirely different branch on the West Coast with...another president? If the Enclave shows up again will they have a third president?

I hope so, that'd be hilarious honestly.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

Mr. House's entire goal is to kill all the poor people and transform the rest of New Vegas into a gambling paradise.

Why do people live in houses with burned up, useless books on all their shelves and rusty cans all over the place

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It'd be even better if there were two seperate Enclave factions, each fighting for their own president.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

I can get that. It's one thing to be lazy and stagnant with an IP and setting of your own creation, but it's even more lame when you're doing it with one you bought up, especially when you got people who actually care to make a game between your entries.
Yeah.

I totally understand why a lot of newcomers just jump into the games and love them without a thought. If you don't have any history with the games, you've no idea what you're missing or what's wrong. A lot of us (thought not all of us, obviously) who've played the earlier iterations though tend to feel betrayed.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

Why do people live in houses with burned up, useless books on all their shelves and rusty cans all over the place

Living in the Mojave makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

Is your friend a guy too? One of the best cosplays I've seen in person was two incredibly ripped dudes cosplaying the girls from My Neighbor Totoro

Yeah he looks like a lumber jack. We were thinking about working out more than doing something fun

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Yeah he looks like a lumber jack. We were thinking about working out more than doing something fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcIF78vzo4

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah.

I totally understand why a lot of newcomers just jump into the games and love them without a thought. If you don't have any history with the games, you've no idea what you're missing or what's wrong. A lot of us (thought not all of us, obviously) who've played the earlier iterations though tend to feel betrayed.

So as someone who has not played a fallout before, you're saying that I should get fallout 4?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Also, just because all your books are hosed up and burnt doesn't mean you can't use them to tie a place together nicely.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

No, actually, it's-

*Is shot.*

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe they were Readers' Digest condensed editions nobody wanted to read anyway.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Watching Tamako Market. Bird's a jerk.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can live with this.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So as someone who has not played a fallout before, you're saying that I should get fallout 4?
Having not played a previous Fallout game will likely increase the probability of you enjoying Fallout 4, yes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

do this

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I can live with this.
Shinjobi no.

Don't give in to Boom Boom.

It only encourages him.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I can live with this.

This is good, and I approve

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shinjobi posted:

I can live with this.

terrific

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah.

I'm going to be honest and say this is an entitled opinion to feel towards any creator or creative entity (except in a really EXTREME case like if they made Kermit the Frog a rapist)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I actually thought House's goals for the Mojave were far more reasonable and manageable than either the NCR's or the Legion's.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

I think I might just do miku or gently caress it and do space dandy again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut is confirmed for being an inadequate post-apocalyptic interior designer.

Everything Burrito posted:

Maybe they were Readers' Digest condensed editions nobody wanted to read anyway.

At a book sale I went to this past weekend they had all these 1950s book club novels for sale, they were really nice hardbound books with really pretty covers, but the stories and writing were just really bland and safe. I imagine that literature in pre-bomb America in Fallout would be similar, really.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Parallax posted:

I'm going to be honest and say this is an entitled opinion to feel towards any creator or creative entity (except in a really EXTREME case like if they made Kermit the Frog a rapist)

I kinda agree, but it's a perfectly valid view to hold as long as you're reasonable about it (ie. nothing like the people in Games).

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Motto posted:

I kinda agree, but it's a perfectly valid view to hold as long as you're reasonable about it (ie. nothing like the people in Games).

Yeah, I'm not trying to be lovely about it because I don't BS is really being lovely about it either, but boy can some people be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

DoubleDonut is confirmed for being an inadequate post-apocalyptic interior designer.

Look I just think it's lovely world-building and I think you could do something cool with a setting where people are torn between trying to emulate the pre-apocalyptic society of centuries ago and moving on to something new, but instead Fallout seems like it's stuck at twenty years after the bombs fell forever

• Locked thread