Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BanhMi
May 11, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

It is a real bitch to cross America since, for some reason, apparently the middle part got hit hardest or something? I don't loving know where I heard this or if it's accurate.

its not too difficult. try going outside and trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

New Vegas will likely be ignored, story-wise, because nothing of import happened, if you look at things from the perspective of anywhere else in the setting. Some folks fought over some landmark for some reason, but who cares cuz there's a Super Mutant/Enclave remnant /Something Significant attack right here.

What, the potential expansion of the NCR or Caesar's Legion (or a very painful defeat for one/both) isn't of import? A landmark that is also a reliable source of clean water doesn't matter?

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Bethesda... Bethesda never changes.

that couple was fine for me, but not 30 feet later...

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Harrow posted:

What, the potential expansion of the NCR or Caesar's Legion (or a very painful defeat for one/both) isn't of import? A landmark that is also a reliable source of clean water doesn't matter?

Not on the east coast it isn't, no.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

Not on the east coast it isn't, no.

Well, sure, but his claim was New Vegas will never matter in a future Fallout game, not that it wouldn't matter specifically on the east coast. (Yet. You better believe the NCR wants to get there eventually, assuming it doesn't collapse under the weight of its own bureaucracy first.)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The town building game is really really hampered by it being a console game. It needs a mini-RTS mode or something because drat does placing stuff suck, what genius also tied the selecting items in the menu and moving things to the same key? I keep picking up the house IM IN!

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Anyone know where to find crystal? I want to try the settlement stuff but I can't find crystal to make a broadcast thing so that I attract settlers :(

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Maybe he meant main series fallout game since Bethesda is unlikely to go and gently caress around in the more established areas ever.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Holy poo poo the UI is trash. How did "poke one of these three buttons to accept, different buttons for different tasks though" and "poke these other three buttons to leave...also different buttons depending on what screen" even happen?

How difficult is it to make escape drill back and enter...you know, enter, consistently throughout? Is that something that can be modded?

BanhMi
May 11, 2015
Anyone catch the gabe newell reference in the last mirror? :stonkhat: well played

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Harrow posted:

Well, sure, but his claim was New Vegas will never matter in a future Fallout game, not that it wouldn't matter specifically on the east coast. (Yet. You better believe the NCR wants to get there eventually, assuming it doesn't collapse under the weight of its own bureaucracy first.)

No, he didn't say it would never matter again in any Fallout game in the future forever ever, just that it wouldn't matter outside of the perspective of the West Coast setting.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Slo-Tek posted:

Holy poo poo the UI is trash. How did "poke one of these three buttons to accept, different buttons for different tasks though" and "poke these other three buttons to leave...also different buttons depending on what screen" even happen?

How difficult is it to make escape drill back and enter...you know, enter, consistently throughout? Is that something that can be modded?

I'm playing on PC with a controller because apparently the keybinds for favorited weapons/items are completely nonsensical. Even then the UI controls are pretty awful.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Anyway, I'm sure the events in New Vegas will matter in some way the next time Obsidian touches the series if they ever do.

BanhMi
May 11, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

Anyway, I'm sure the events in New Vegas will matter in some way the next time Obsidian touches the series if they ever do.

Of course. After all, it's Valve. And to be fair, it's new content that was can definitely expect plenty of DLC for.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo. Third person isn't terrible.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

I'd love to believe we'll get an Obsidian-made follow-up to Fallout 4 but after the Metacritic score debacle and Obsidian heading off to Kickstarter land, I really don't expect it at all.

I want it real bad, though. :smith:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Norns posted:

Holy poo poo. Third person isn't terrible.

Yeah it's good, and easy to mouse wheel toggle between first and third

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

I haven't been following development at all because I want to go into this blind. I'll be shamefully buying this on console since my PC needs an upgrade. Any word/rumours on Xbox vs PS4?

Caros
May 14, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

It is a real bitch to cross America since, for some reason, apparently the middle part got hit hardest or something? I don't loving know where I heard this or if it's accurate.

This is actually pretty accurate, as far as fallout is accurate at all anyways.

The Midwest us where the US keeps the majority of the nukes, so while the coasts would get proper hosed the Midwest would be a special sort of radioactive hell due to the attempt to hit the silos.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Q-sixtysix posted:

I haven't been following development at all because I want to go into this blind. I'll be shamefully buying this on console since my PC needs an upgrade. Any word/rumours on Xbox vs PS4?

Three words, from what I've seen: "Upgrade your PC"

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'm at Gamestop and there's a man here with a fedora on, placed just on the back of his head barely hanging on, with a tag still on it, and he's vaping and talking loudly about his vape rig.

Send help.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Fallout 4 dissapointing so far? Should I avoid buying this if I could get MGSV and Witcher 3 on the same day, hypothetically?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Harrow posted:

I'd love to believe we'll get an Obsidian-made follow-up to Fallout 4 but after the Metacritic score debacle and Obsidian heading off to Kickstarter land, I really don't expect it at all.

I want it real bad, though. :smith:

I'd settle to a kickstarted Obsidian spiritual followup to the Fallout games done on the Pillars engine. It wouldn't even need to be post apocalyptic (maybe better if it isn't), but just a successor in terms of gameplay style and philosophy.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Q-sixtysix posted:

Both are 1080p, Xbox has bad ~1-second stutters when loading a new zone, PS4 drops to ~20fps during large firefights. Both supposedly will have mod support but people assume Xbox will have...better mod support?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
anyone actually able to buy this on PSN in the last hour or so?

Been getting "random error" for a few hours now, and I know my cards are good.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

last i heard was; bethesda wants mod support for the ps4 but sony is being fucky about it somehow

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So is there any way to synchronize workshop storage across settlements?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

The Iron Rose posted:

So is there any way to synchronize workshop storage across settlements?

I assume the Local Leader supply lines will do something with that?

BanhMi
May 11, 2015
Holy LOL the bullet in the knee joke That's enough fun for one run, calling it a night. Thank god I booked the whole week.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know what the deal is with the constantly-shifting Stealth bar? The brackets around [ HIDDEN ] keep shifting and I have no idea what it's supposed to signify.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Is Fallout 4 dissapointing so far? Should I avoid buying this if I could get MGSV and Witcher 3 on the same day, hypothetically?

It 100% depends on what you want out of a Fallout game or, more broadly, an open-world exploration RPG. If you want to run around a large-ish world, shoot raiders, get loot, and all that stuff, you'll probably dig Fallout 4. If you're in it more for character interactions or you like your RPGs with complex quest design, Witcher 3 is probably going to be a better bet.

Fintilgin posted:

I'd settle to a kickstarted Obsidian spiritual followup to the Fallout games done on the Pillars engine. It wouldn't even need to be post apocalyptic (maybe better if it isn't), but just a successor in terms of gameplay style and philosophy.

I'd back the hell out of that.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Grouchio posted:

I can't speak for anyone else but so far I am not disappointed. It exhibits all of the typical weaknesses and strengths of a Bethesda game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dubious posted:

anyone actually able to buy this on PSN in the last hour or so?

Been getting "random error" for a few hours now, and I know my cards are good.

i had that yesterday but it worked today. preloaded and ready to go. my body is ready.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else get really lovely framerates inside buildings? Out in the world it's nice and smooth, but I just did the Corvega Plant quest to kill some raiders and that entire building gave me framerates of like 15-20. I don't really understand it, the game looks much nicer outside. I really don't want to have to exit out and change settings every time I want to go inside.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Man, so dissapointing. No fun and varied perks, no increasing of skills, afaik no perk/attribute related dialogue options except your karma level. I don't understand how they can have such a straightforward and loved formula to design the game around and make changes like this. Leveling up feels utterly pointless and my character feels generic as hell.

The atmosphere is at least nice.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
Five more minutes until I die. Is there any more waiting after unlock if you've pre-loaded or can you just jump right in?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Your Computer posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with the constantly-shifting Stealth bar? The brackets around [ HIDDEN ] keep shifting and I have no idea what it's supposed to signify.

Isn't this just a cooldown timer for being detected by NPCs?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GirlBones posted:

Five more minutes until I die. Is there any more waiting after unlock if you've pre-loaded or can you just jump right in?

i'm scared there's gonna be an update that 80 million people are trying to download at once.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mystic Stylez posted:

How is the PC performance? Will I be able to run this with decent graphics and framerate at 1600x900 in a i5 3570/GTX660/16GB of RAM?

I'm running it on 1920x1080 with an i7 3.50 GHz, 16 gig of RAM and an ATI R9 280 but sadly no SSD. Game defaulted to Ultra and I turned AA off, dropped some shadow stuff down to High and it runs between 60 and 20 fps. The 20 is outside, with plants and crap around; and it's honestly pissing me off. Witcher 3 ran better then this.

Anyone got tips on tweaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone have those PC adjustments that were getting passed around 20 pages or so ago? Turning off Mouse Acceleration and all that?

• Locked thread