Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Casual level game acquisition achieved. Install on the way.

God speed, goons. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

2house2fly posted:

The secret is that, in Fallout 4, this isn't your character.

Why even give you the option to customise it and assign skill points then? Your logic is horrible.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is there no way to scrap all this poo poo I'm picking up without dropping it first? If not I can't wait for that mod.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

allsizesfitone posted:

Haven't played Witcher or Fallout yet, but I was bored of throwing magazines to distract guards so I could yawn loudly and/or reloading missions so I could throw magazines and yawn loudly in MGS. I don't usually regret renting games, bit it wasn't even worth the $8 unless you really like shittily implemented stealth or don't care about mission objectives. It's a lot of riding a horse through empty deserts so you can (not) kill the same three guards in the same three spots while not walking too loudly.

Wow I've never seen a poster be as wrong as this before

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

projecthalaxy posted:

So I just used the mirror to make a character. I didn't see an option to change hairstyle. Do I get to do that later or did I just miss it.

Same area, how come i can't modify my character'so face?

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

BigRed0427 posted:

you missed it, theres a confirmation later though don't worry

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Move the cursor over the hair and it affects the hair.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
This sucks. I would have gone to bed at 7 pm and wake up like 3 am to play a little Fallout 4 before going to work, had I known Steam/Bethesda would gently caress up the pre-load this badly. I'm gonna write everybody up that tries to spoiler the game for me at work.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

How bad, some people just throw a fit when its below 60 in general. Is it like 'drat I find myself avoiding certain actions because the frame rate makes this miserable'

or

'wow drat this poo poo is un-optimal because its 30 consistently'

idk im still in the intro parts... It was definitely noticeable. Not game breaking, but it's there.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Frankenoodle posted:

Workbenches are not global as far as I can tell. I put stuff in Sanctuary, and it's not there in the gas station.

They are not :( And I've got quite a few little outposts now to build up, humping junk all over the place is gonna be rough.

Unless I can build a junk caravan?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

slev posted:

Is there no way to scrap all this poo poo I'm picking up without dropping it first? If not I can't wait for that mod.

You can select 'transfer' on your workbench, then there's a button to store all your junk in there. Apparently junk stored in this way is automatically broken down when needed.

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

So this is cool, in-game settings there's no option for full screen or resolution settings, so I exit out and start up the game. Oh cool, I get it, just set the option on the start-up screen. Let's see, uncheck windowed mode...resolution to 1440p...settings to ultra...hit okay...hmmm, that doesn't do it, still starting in a tiny little window mode that takes up a quarter of my screen. So I exit back out and reset the options again, hit ok, then I hit the settings again just to see if the options stick. Nope, resets itself to window mode and lovely resolution.

So I literally am unable to play this game on my native resolution in full screen mode.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jesus Christ. :magical:

These are burn victims. It's just cruel.

You can't have a Bethesda game without a creative and magical character creation process. The possibilities for horrifying monstrosities is another trademark of the company.

I'm not even mad. Just... A mixture of horror and a feeling of "I'm home again." The world would be a colder place without Bethesda's magic.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Game is very Fallout, suiting my Fallout needs excellently; very happy with the Falloutedness of this game. So far no real issue has reduced the Falloutability of this game. Quite happy.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So is the general consensus so far that you can run this even on specs below minimum? Been seeing people say on the Steam forums that they are running it on dual and quad cores but I'm a little skeptical to take some randoms at their word.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
GeForce GTS 250
8 gigs Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I'm sure the thread is getting hammered with these posts so sorry to derail from actual discussion.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Gordong Dongbay posted:

So is the general consensus so far that you can run this even on specs below minimum? Been seeing people say on the Steam forums that they are running it on dual and quad cores but I'm a little skeptical to take some randoms at their word.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
GeForce GTS 250
8 gigs Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I'm sure the thread is getting hammered with these posts so sorry to derail from actual discussion.

im banking on being able to. I only have 4 gigs of ram and intend on playing at the lowest possible settings.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I could have sworn I found a bobblehead stand, but now I can't find it. Ghhhhhh...

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Dongattack posted:

Why even give you the option to customise it and assign skill points then? Your logic is horrible.

I don't know to be honest. They'll probably take that out in Fallout 5 so as not to impede the emotions as you search for your brother in Rhode Island.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
why the gently caress do i have to unplug my xbox controller to use the mouse to play in YOOL 2015

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Verranicus posted:

Wow I've never seen a poster be as wrong as this before

Whatever brah, it was boring as gently caress and I liked the original MGS games. Totally regret even renting it. Sorry my opinion isn't yours.

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
crashing on start-up, even after verifying the cache :(

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I named my Power Armor Shaun. Game's plot makes sense now.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

2house2fly posted:

I don't know to be honest. They'll probably take that out in Fallout 5 so as not to impede the emotions as you search for your brother in Rhode Island.

You just can't expect sophisticated gamers in 2023 to choose how to allocate numbers or "read descriptions". The metacritic scores speak for themselves TBH.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Dramatika posted:

why the gently caress do i have to unplug my xbox controller to use the mouse to play in YOOL 2015

I have a half dozen other game controllers plugged in for flight sim nerdy and the game doesn't care. Plug in one X-Box controller though and it loses its mind!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The only thing I've been positively surprised by is the weapons modification stuff. It's the only thing that feels like a solid upgrade from F3/NV.

And the gunplay, but Project Nevada got pretty close.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

explosivo posted:

Anyone have those PC adjustments that were getting passed around 20 pages or so ago? Turning off Mouse Acceleration and all that?

the steam link was posted a couple times already, but quoting myself out of vanity:

lewtt posted:

PROFIXES FOR PROGAMERS:

Grab the fallout 4 video drivers. Here's nvidia. If you have AMD, you may want to feel bad about yourself

corresponding tweak guide if you are willing to spend 5 minutes for 5 more frames:

Here is a steam community guide to tweak various poo poo if you are at work and not playing fallout 4 but want to pretend you are:

QUICK FIXES FOR DUDES THAT FINISH QUICK:

ipresentinterval=0 if you are running gsync or hate input delay or hate everything. Makes your camera act less sluggish and drunk. - change the value from 1 to 0
bmouseacceleration=0 because bethesda. If you think having this on in any game is fine, i will fight you. used by all MLG skyrimmers. add the line under the [Controls] header in config files below

apply these (or other) fixes to the .ini's below until we figure out what shenanigan config file priority system bethesda is using this time:
fallout4.ini (my docs>my games), fallout4prefs.ini (my docs>my games), fallout4default.ini (steam fallout4 folder)

Potentially gamesaving fix:
Ingame terminals may or may not work if you run 120hz+. Cap your framerate to 110 or lower with rivatuner or some poo poo and you won't get permastuck staring at computers in your computer game. Also loving with vsync may help if you want to go the extra mile

Requoting for emphasis and to look meta:

quote:

Potentially gamesaving fix:
Ingame terminals may or may not work if you run 120hz+. Cap your framerate to 110 or lower with rivatuner or some poo poo and you won't get permastuck staring at computers in your computer game. Also loving with vsync may help if you want to go the extra mile

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

So is FO4 worth playing or should I Steam refund and wait until mods fix the UI and it goes on sale :geno:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Armchair Calvinist posted:

So is FO4 worth playing or should I Steam refund and wait until mods fix the UI and it goes on sale :geno:

you should kill your son.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I started downloading the game on PSN at noonish. Not long later, it told me the download was done. I checked for an update, it said it was good. In system storage it said it was 32 gig file and the download was complete. Then after launch, I try to open the application, and suddenly, it's telling me I only had 10/32 gigs downloaded. Looks like it's bedtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKIFa7aBt0U&t=13s

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Its Fallout bro. Did you like any of the previous Fallouts? This is more Fallout. If you like those you will like this.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

It's alright. I mean if you have other stuff to play you can totally refund and pick it up later. It's not going anywhere. It's a bethesda game and all that that entails and if you're hungry for one go for it. If not, refund it.

At least they got borderless windowed mode working and alt-tab on regular fullscreen doesn't cause the game to freak out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've played 16 hours according to steam. The base building UI makes me want to throw my monitor out the window. The hosed up placement of items and everything about that is bad but not unusuable. Everything involved with the settlers themselves is loving insane.

So once you start getting more than 1 settlement and a bunch of settlers you need to start manually assigning people to jobs. Like farming or gathering scrap. The problem is past those first 4-5 people in the tutorial building section everyone has generic name "settler." with no other naming. No numbers no letters no nothing. Also theres no list of everyone in a settlement. Theres no list of how many people are working on a job or what jobs total. When you start running supply lines between settlements you are never gonna undo them because the people are randomly out somewhere in the waste and you need to find them and give them new orders to do something else. I needed to redo some of my caravan supply lines after I understood the mechancis more it became impossible because they were never in town for me to reassign. I have 16 people in a settlement and 14 in another and it's Schrodinger god drat labor pool because I have no clue how many of them actually have jobs.

How the gently caress did this make it out of testing.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
If you have any landmines you can quickly solve your settler problem. Alternatively put all the beds in one spot and toss a grenade into the room at midnight.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a skill that allows you to share the workshop items across mod tables?

Also I have a shitton of steel now, but barely any adhesive, and I'm getting rid of anything that's not tied down just to break it down. I wanna upgrade my power armor, I hate being half rusty :(

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Sauer posted:

Its Fallout bro. Did you like any of the previous Fallouts? This is more Fallout. If you like those you will like this.

This is not necessarily true based on the complaints everyone has been having.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I found the dolphin fishing boat but there is no dolphin meat to be looted where's my loving dolphin meat SHITESDA :byodood:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

How the gently caress did this make it out of testing.

Welcome to any and all Bethesda games.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

lol at anyone that actually preordered this instead of waiting atleast a year.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Sauer posted:

If you like any of the games in this franchise which consists of six games made by five developers in four genres then you'll like this new one. I mean duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deakul posted:

lol at anyone that actually preordered this instead of waiting atleast a year.

thanks for your pots see you in ayear

• Locked thread