Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

loquacius posted:

Uhhhh are any of the other people trying to download the patch getting system errors from the launcher?

(the URL doesn't go anywhere, I tried)

I downloaded the whole thing no problem, this was when it first when up I see a lot of people are having problems now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

At least the monk weapon isn't ACC/SS like the Sphairai was for Monks.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Checked the model for Gigas Axe and it is extremely my poo poo

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
heavensmeterrrrrrrrrrr

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How often are servers up early on a major patch maintenance?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

How often are servers up early on a major patch maintenance?

Never. Major patches reset weekly limits so if they came up early people who can log in in the short timeframe before reset get an advantage over the rest.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
http://i.imgur.com/hVlQJfo.png

I am kinda disappointed at this turned out.

That axe though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

KaneTW posted:

Never. Major patches reset weekly limits so if they came up early people who can log in in the short timeframe before reset get an advantage over the rest.

Ha yeah, remember when they almost ended a major patch maintenance right as they were adding poetics like two hours before reset? Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the OF was insane and led to the firm 'always end after reset' policy for patch maintenance.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
no what lead them to the always end after reset policy was them ending a maintenance 3 hours before mythology reset before 2.1 and people getting upgrades a week early because of it

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Also stuff like that time I got the bomb swing mount a day before nearly everyone else because I did the dailies before the reset after that patch.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

loquacius posted:

Uhhhh are any of the other people trying to download the patch getting system errors from the launcher?

(the URL doesn't go anywhere, I tried)

Ah, Square Enix, you always have to find some way to gently caress up a PC port.

If I'm not mistaken, -2146697211 is really 0x800C0005. Which means you're encountering error 0x800C0005. What's 0x800C0005?

Well, the 0x800C part means it's a Windows Internet error. Error 5 is apparently "the connection timed out."

So there you go, it's a very crappy way to say the connection timed out. Probably.

Boten Anna posted:

Also stuff like that time I got the bomb swing mount a day before nearly everyone else because I did the dailies before the reset after that patch.

Weekly reset and beast tribe reset are still at different times, so you'd still be able to do that.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Edit: ^^^ :argh:

Boten Anna posted:

Isn't that usually the case with the beastman dailies, though? If it coincides with the other daily (not weekly) resets, you can usually get a day's worth of quests before today's reset at 11am EST.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

petcarcharodon posted:

Kirin has mount music now. It's the 2.0 main title music. That's interesting.

That's the theme that's represented crystals in past FF games and Hydaelyn in FF14, so it's probably the closest thing you'll get to a piece of music that represents all six elements.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
whole lot of jealous idiots in this thread fuckin tryin to alpha dog the alpha-est dog tank in the world.

If you ain't paladin tanking you are an inadequate person with weird genitals

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Digging through old screenshots and OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Digging through old screenshots and OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

You played God and tampered with the laws of man and nature.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

whole lot of jealous idiots in this thread fuckin tryin to alpha dog the alpha-est dog tank in the world.

If you ain't paladin tanking you are an inadequate person with weird genitals

DRK is simply a better paladin.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

hobbesmaster posted:

DRK is simply a better paladin.

As another player who played paladin and recently started a Dark Knight, I totally agree. It's like the DRK is the PLD with everything fixed.

The only problem is they are more squishy and I keep dying while doing fates because I'm not used to that being a possibility.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you just started you're missing half your cool downs so yeah you can easily die.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Server's up. Guess daylight savings time doesn't real?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Time to take a TPT airship for a joyride, thanks to gpose we can all look confused together

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Y'all ready for some Verminioooooooon?

http://tindeck.com/listen/fmrrw

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
ninja is fuckin wonderful now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HelloPlatypus posted:

ninja is fuckin wonderful now.

Its so nice being able to hit 3 mudra keys in a row and have them all register.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
What did they change on ninja?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

PSA: New dances are available from the MGP vendor, at 80k apiece. Given the price, choose wisely. You might just see a bunch of people showing them off right near the counter, but:

Gold Dance: Modern, twirly, energetic, very "pop star" feel to it.

Thavnairan Dance: Slow, sultry, elegant, likely complements the equivalently-named garments.

(I would have gone more for a proper pop-and-lock and belly dancing, respectively, but what can ya do :v: )

e. perhaps more importantly: The afro is available as "Modern Aesthetics - Curls" from the main prize vendor, for 9600 MGP. The hairstyle contest winners can be bought for 14 MGP from a Modern Aesthetics vendor NPC standing right down the steps from the counter (expect to hear lots of people asking where she is)

Mazed fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 10, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Diadem is loving awesome. Huge zone with Hunts like YoshiP originally intended - bigass scary monsters that drop loot for everyone involved.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
:siren: apparently you can buy Grade V materia in the diadem :siren:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Just completed Void Ark. It's a cool raid with cool bosses.

It seemed really long, but it was everyone's first time.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 10, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So has FF14 been saved from itself with this, Patch Three Point One?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The doom and gloom is over for now my friend.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Pierson posted:

So has FF14 been saved from itself with this, Patch Three Point One?

Less posting, more content-doing.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Anyone in pbc can launch a diadem mission with the three ships available, Yoship is trying to find hard mode. However if this causes too much wear on the ships or drama I'll have to revoke it.

Be nice to our ships goons :argh:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3s97w1/so_the_manipulator_a4_now_moves_when_you_fluid/

That does not seem to be desired behavior!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....can this be used to cheese mechanics? Because if so, we might be getting that LB hotfix sooner than expected.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain to me the standard SMN 'rotation' for 58--60? I just got Dreadwyrm Trance and maybe its because I'm 5 minutes out of bed but I can't seem to figure out when best to use it by the tooltip.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uninstalled, reinstalled, failed to launch thanks to a "missing executable", uninstalled again, switched from Steam installation to standalone, dealt with ANOTHER issue where I was getting stuck on the launcher installation's progress bar forever (had to hand-edit a .cfg file), and am now finally redownloading the goddamn game client. Christ.

I can't even play tonight because I'm going to a stupid concert :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain to me the standard SMN 'rotation' for 58--60? I just got Dreadwyrm Trance and maybe its because I'm 5 minutes out of bed but I can't seem to figure out when best to use it by the tooltip.

You want to use it alongside Tri-Disaster so that you get buffed DOTs without using a GCD, and Aetherflow so that you can pop two Aetherflow stacks within its duration. Don't use more than two though, because you need to hold on to the third to make your Aethertrail stacks last until Aetherflow is back up again. They all have 60-second cooldowns so they all line up. While DWT is up, you want to use nothing but Ruin 3, or Ruin 2 for mobility or squeezing in oGCDs. Any other GCD ability is a DPS loss.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nice, you can be Minfilia now. My dreams have come true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently unlocking Pharos normal isn't sufficient for the hard mode quest to show up. You also need to do the normal mode follow-up quest "Why So Sirius" that is in Aleport before the guy in Limsa Lominsa will give you the HM quest.

• Locked thread