Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bieeardo posted:

I've been struggling in Verdant Brink on both a Necro and a Guardian, and I don't even want to think about what's going to happen to my squishier alts. Should I be stocking up on specific runes and sigils, or moving away from running all 'zerker, all the time?

I'm running a shout/chillmancer and as long as I've more than 3 enemies near me its almost impossible to die with the regen upkeep, though I am rolling in carrion gear not zerker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there decent areas to get Tyria master experience without grinding in a dungeon?

Sair
May 11, 2007

I think I need that Shimmering pistol.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dragonhunter is making me want longbow skins now and my burning desire for shields is lessening, something is wrong with me.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Post some pics of aegis ruining bow skins.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Daredevil actually has a hidden F3 skill, it works like Steal but instead puts a whiny forums post in your hands. What happens with it from there is up to you.

e: never mind, looks like plenty of people have found it.

I was looking for a berzerker build posted a few pages back, but found something even better, GJ gamin.

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

Goons, I need some fashion advice!

I really like this skirt (which is the light Heritage from Hall of Monuments), but it's hard finding a top that looks good with it since it has this abrupt line around the waist.

Any suggestions or pictures of your outfits would be very much appreciated! My poor mesmer has been wearing this outfit for three years. :sweatdrop:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dragonhunter is making me want longbow skins now and my burning desire for shields is lessening, something is wrong with me.

Grab a Tribal Longbow for sweet purple feather action.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

minus the walrus posted:

I really like this skirt (which is the light Heritage from Hall of Monuments), but it's hard finding a top that looks good with it since it has this abrupt line around the waist.

Any suggestions or pictures of your outfits would be very much appreciated! My poor mesmer has been wearing this outfit for three years. :sweatdrop:

The only thing I have that I can pair it with is the heritage greatcoat since that comes down over the waist that looks puffed out, nothing else worked.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

poo poo dude, get Teksavvy, if you can get Rogers you can get Teksavvy. So much better than that bucket of dicks.

I would, but my living situation is hosed up and I'm poor enough that the thought of buying a modem I might only get a couple of months use from stings. :(

Not as much as a router upstream crapping out at the tail end of Tequatl tonight though. Blarg.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

minus the walrus posted:

I was using the Heritage stuff on my mesmer as well, but since then I've found a few other pieces.

Like the Heritage set, I'm trying to go with something traditionally "mesmer" (i.e. the styles from GW1)

Heritage Masque
Chronomancer's Epaulets
Exalted Coat
Exalted Gloves
Leystone Pants (these are key, these are what I swapped the Heritage skirt out for)
Mad King's Slippers (they are nice and simple and blend well with the other stuff)

Dyes used are Veridian, Wine, and Electro Blue

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are there decent areas to get Tyria master experience without grinding in a dungeon?

I have just been 100%ing zones and getting pretty decent exp.

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

Kenshin posted:

I was using the Heritage stuff on my mesmer as well, but since then I've found a few other pieces.

Like the Heritage set, I'm trying to go with something traditionally "mesmer" (i.e. the styles from GW1)

Heritage Masque
Chronomancer's Epaulets
Exalted Coat
Exalted Gloves
Leystone Pants (these are key, these are what I swapped the Heritage skirt out for)
Mad King's Slippers (they are nice and simple and blend well with the other stuff)

Dyes used are Veridian, Wine, and Electro Blue

Hmm, I really love those Leystone legs! I might just have to get rid of my Heritage skirt and use those instead.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've found Silverwastes to be not...awful. You get sand there too, which is always a plus.

minus the walrus fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 10, 2015

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Is there a huge difference between unlocking the full elite spec (Dragonhunter) or just halfway? Because I've only turned lvl 80 a few days ago, and ever since I've been kinda obsessing over getting the full spec, and now I'm still 125 points short and honestly I'm a bit sick of grinding hero points, or doing Maguuma content before I've even finished the Zaithan storyline.

I mean I know the answer is probably "chill out and enjoy the game" but... eugh... it kinda sucks how much fun stuff HoT dangles in front of you when you've just casually played GW2 for a month or so.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You're probably missing a couple utilities, grandmaster traits and the elite skill, but if that doesn't bother you then don't worry about it.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Entenzahn posted:

Is there a huge difference between unlocking the full elite spec (Dragonhunter) or just halfway? Because I've only turned lvl 80 a few days ago, and ever since I've been kinda obsessing over getting the full spec, and now I'm still 125 points short and honestly I'm a bit sick of grinding hero points, or doing Maguuma content before I've even finished the Zaithan storyline.

I mean I know the answer is probably "chill out and enjoy the game" but... eugh... it kinda sucks how much fun stuff HoT dangles in front of you when you've just casually played GW2 for a month or so.

You can just join a hero point train for VB and AB, knocking out ~200 hero points in like 30 minutes. All you need are gliding and the mushroom bounce masteries which takes like an hour of playing.

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 10, 2015

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

New colors to match my new shield.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So do you just buy the guild armor? Cause I like the light armor pants.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Raskolnikov posted:

New colors to match my new shield.

You look great!

Also, td_map_design.txt

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Totbot posted:

Just need more Exalted Mastery xp and I'll have my gaudy Glint Shield. Binged out a lot of the collection yesterday.

Specialization collection achievement gear is probably my favorite thing about the expansion so far. I really like having something to work towards that doesn't involve just throwing gold at it. Hope they add more stuff like that.
Eh, most of the new collections seem to be really grindy. The ones that work at all (hello, map completion bug Anet refuses to fix!).

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You look great!

Also, td_map_design.txt

Thanks! :shobon: :shobon:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Some dude made a meta map timer and Dulfy linked it on her page. Might be useful to add to the OP:

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Blasphemeral posted:

I found a way through the world geometry in TD the other day. It's super easy to reach and you can get exploration on the whole zone with no effort just swimming around in the Undersea. If you actually want to pop back up into the world somewhere, all you need is a Flash-like teleportation skill. Turns out, those don't detect pathing collisions from under the ground :smug:

I found probably the same spot. If you want to reappear in the world, you can just log out to the character select screen and log back in, which puts you at the highest point in the world above you. Managed to get a vista this way!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alteisen posted:

So do you just buy the guild armor? Cause I like the light armor pants.
The guild armour and weapons aren't available yet. Armour needs the guild to be level 28 and have the Market Restoration 2 and Guild Armorer upgrades in the Guild Hall at which point you can buy the recipes to make it. Weapons need level 40, Market Restoration 2 and another guild hall upgrade I can't remember the name of right now to buy.

I think SFD was level 20 yesterday so I'd assume in another week or so that stuff will be available. Goon Squad's a couple of ranks behind because they took the hall later than SFD.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Kitty Fantastico posted:

Graphics troubleshooting

Your suggestions fixed my problem. It's annoying having all the ugly text every time there's a loading screen, but I'll take it since it means I get my nicer settings back. Thank you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mercurius posted:

The guild armour and weapons aren't available yet. Armour needs the guild to be level 28 and have the Market Restoration 2 and Guild Armorer upgrades in the Guild Hall at which point you can buy the recipes to make it. Weapons need level 40, Market Restoration 2 and another guild hall upgrade I can't remember the name of right now to buy.

I think SFD was level 20 yesterday so I'd assume in another week or so that stuff will be available. Goon Squad's a couple of ranks behind because they took the hall later than SFD.

Oh well poo poo, I thought I could buy it, if its crafted that ain't ever happening since I assume its going to need a bunch of new mats.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alteisen posted:

Oh well poo poo, I thought I could buy it, if its crafted that ain't ever happening since I assume its going to need a bunch of new mats.
Dulfy's guide says recipes, I may be misinterpreting that as crafting as opposed to just unlocks or similar. I guess we'll find out soon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

Some dude made a meta map timer and Dulfy linked it on her page. Might be useful to add to the OP:

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

Added.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I like the HoT armor, I hope each class eventually get a full set.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Any fashion advice for my Sylvari Herald, Frond of Tindalos?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone have a link to a good Berserker pvp build? I'd like to poo poo fire and blood all over unsuspecting pubbies thanks.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Someone mentioned there was gonna be a patch to fix the brain-dead difficulty of the TD meta. We had 80 nerds on teamspeak and got two chaks down yesterday but the other two routes failed and so everyone gets nothing. Is there some respite from this misery on the horizon?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
They said this last week:

quote:

General Bug Fixing, Polish, Balance, Performance, Etc.
As we continue to monitor Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ on live, we’ll keep pushing out bug fixes and polish and performance updates. We’ve reached a point where these will come bundled together in larger, less frequent updates as we prepare for the activation of additional expansion features. We’ll also be releasing limited balance updates to fix really key game-breaking issues. Once every quarter, we’ll release a new, major balance update to shake up the meta for the next quarter.

And the first wing of the raid is meant to become available "in mid-November", so probably next week. Once can hope there'll be a bunch of bug fixes released at the same time.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Plavski posted:

Someone mentioned there was gonna be a patch to fix the brain-dead difficulty of the TD meta. We had 80 nerds on teamspeak and got two chaks down yesterday but the other two routes failed and so everyone gets nothing. Is there some respite from this misery on the horizon?

Playing better games worked for me :(

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 10, 2015

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Aleph Null posted:

Any fashion advice for my Sylvari Herald, Frond of Tindalos?

the shield doesn't flow with the rest (color- or shape-wise), that zephyr skin or whatever it's called is also a noob indicator (to me at least)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Kassad posted:

They said this last week:

And the first wing of the raid is meant to become available "in mid-November", so probably next week. Once can hope there'll be a bunch of bug fixes released at the same time.

I can just imagine the shrieks if they fix that veteran spider spawn in Verdant Brink. I swear, there was a steady stream riding the shrooms up there the other night while I was following the hylek chain.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Plavski posted:

I think that's part of why I've spent a fraction of the time in tangled depths compared to the other 3 maps, the meta event is practically impossible for a uncoordinated map, I've been all over tangled depth and I still don't know how to get anywhere.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think that's part of why I've spent a fraction of the time in tangled depths compared to the other 3 maps, the meta event is practically impossible for a uncoordinated map, I've been all over tangled depth and I still don't know how to get anywhere.

There are also serious issues with the rewards in that zone with regard to the drop rate of Ley Line Crystals and Chak Acid, which undoubtedly contributes to how dead the zone is. Out of all the things I need to get Fix-R-Upper, I'm still short on Ley Line Crystals despite spending about an hour doing events, getting silver on the adventures, and then afking in the zone afterwards for the meta chests.

As far as navigating goes, it does get better once you get the map cleared and can visualize its layout from memory rather than the mini-map.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
For the Chak Killer cheevo, I killed every single one of them and did not get credit, then I did it again and magically got credit once I killed about 3/4ths of them. In summary, the achievement is loving broken like half the story achievements and Anet still hasn't fixed it.

:10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

There are times I think that having a list of all the bugs they know about and are working on visible on the forum or somewhere, just a note saying "We know this bug exists, we're working on it, we can't give an ETA yet cause we want to make sure the fix won't break something else but we want you to know we're going to get it sorted as soon as possible" but I know that there is no amount of disclaimers that the entitled won't ignore to whine about

Also the PR aspect, now I think about it

Oh well

• Locked thread