Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

This loving urinal. It's like, hello, maybe try putting it in the actual privacy of a restroom next time. Also good luck with the upward pee arc unless you happen to be 7 feet tall.

Isn't that a handwash? And that's why it isn't private? Have you been pissing in the washbasin that other people wash their hands in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jerk Burger posted:

Business men are pretty gross.

lol top level businessmen are probably the biggest perverts on the loving planet you have no idea until youve seen a 60 year old self made mutlimillionaire pay a girl in her 20s to call him daddy and wear a diaper

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Ohnonotme posted:

Isn't that a handwash? And that's why it isn't private? Have you been pissing in the washbasin that other people wash their hands in?

pretty sure it's a urinal for basketball players. that's a locker room, probably

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Ohnonotme posted:

no, it is a urinal

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

netally posted:

We've got a similar terrible roundabout near my town. Luckily, someone made this simple image showing how to get around it:

I actually decided not to apply for a job recently because the commute would have involved driving around that loving thing. At rush hour, it's insane.

There are two Roundabouts in Cleveland, Ohio. One's way out on the east side near Eaton Place, and the other is on a hill near Steelyard Commons. The Steelyard Commons one terrifies me. I think the first time I was in it I made several confused rotations in the innermost section of the roundabout.

Frankly this is the only roundabout I ever really liked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Voltage posted:

On the topic of poo poo sinks, why are most faucets so loving close to the edge of the sink?? Materials cost savings?? I'm so sick of smashing my big fat retard ape hands against the edge of the sink every time I go to wash them.

Yeah, I hate that

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
This is a cool and good book from the 70s about the shittiness of American product design, "How Things Don't Work"

http://www.amazon.com/Things-Dont-Work-Victor-Papanek/dp/039473324X
http://www.diemer.ca/Docs/Diemer-HowThingsDontWork-Review.htm

Ballistic Anomaly
Dec 29, 2008
Cooking while drunk or tired might be dangerous...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ballistic Anomaly posted:

its to weed out the retards and illiterates

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Romes128 posted:

and children and people who don't read English

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

boom boom boom posted:

and retards and illiterates

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Uhh I'm not an insect or a table so it's not like anything bad will happen to me

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

I posted in a different thread recently about an idiot co-worker who told about making a casserole for her kids and it being terrible, and discovering after dinner that she had used pledge instead of pam for the baking dish. Now it doesn't seem so stupid on her part.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
There really should be some sort of standardized coloring for aerosol cans of cleaning products, bug repellent, varnishes, etc. and cooking products

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

criscodisco posted:

I posted in a different thread recently about an idiot co-worker who told about making a casserole for her kids and it being terrible, and discovering after dinner that she had used pledge instead of pam for the baking dish. Now it doesn't seem so stupid on her part.

Romes128 posted:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Fartmaster posted:

There really should be some sort of standardized coloring for aerosol cans of cleaning products, bug repellent, varnishes, etc. and cooking products

That sounds like communist thinking, friend.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Daimo posted:

That sounds like communist thinking, friend.

Perhaps it is, comrade?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

i am not a fascist, but a very strong believer that traffic rules and regulations and their enforcement is the ideal expression of our inevitable fascist urges

it's the ideal civil society really

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

What kind of a maniac would want to mix hot and cold water anyway?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Tubesock posted:

These are surprisingly common in the UK. Drives me nuts. You can have scorching hot or freezing cold, but not together unless you out the plug in and mix them (see OP for issues in this regard). I heard tell it was initially because there weren't valves that prevented hot water from storage tanks going into the cold water supply, but who knows.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Tubesock posted:

Me.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Wtf is cooking spray?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

beedeebee posted:

Wtf is cooking spray?

Vegetable oil aeresol id say

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Tubesock posted:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1034808366965148988

"During a wartime visit to Moscow in 1942, Winston S. Churchill discovered a marvel of modern technology: hot and cold water flowing from the same faucet. The plumbing in the villa where he stayed as a guest of Stalin was unlike the primitive British standard of separate taps for hot and cold. Rather than having to fill up the sink to achieve the right blend, the British leader could wash his hands under gushing water "mingled to exactly the temperature one desired," as he put it in his memoirs."

oi, im bloody gobsmacked over these taps. bein able to control me water tempracha is bloody lovely init? oh well, best be off to bugger the nazis and never speak of this again

twoday fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 10, 2015

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Cooking spray is for retards anyway. It's a testament to its foulness that someone could use pledge instead and not realize it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

therattle posted:

There are a few everyday designs which absolutely infuriate me because they are poo poo. The classic example is the rod-operated bathroom sink plug mechanism:

Clevis and Buttplug

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tardwrangler posted:

Clevis and Buttplug

im the pivot rod

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

RideTheSpiral posted:

im the pivot rod

You're getting spit roasted by the look of it.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

You know, if youre not focusing on this and just scrolling it kind of looks like a spread set of rear end cheeks.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nutsngum posted:

You know, if youre not focusing on this and just scrolling it kind of looks like a spread set of rear end cheeks.

Man resembling an asscrack is pretty failed design imo.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Man resembling an asscrack is pretty failed design imo.

I don't know, it's been a pretty solid career move for David Boreanaz.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

therattle posted:

How many hotels have you stayed at with these stupid plugs which don't work properly?

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

Ohnonotme posted:

I could've sworn it was a drink fountain

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Tubesock posted:

Ohh, I've seen those. Somewhere, I don't remember where, but in the US. They make me so mad. Guys there's hot water right there why are you making me freeze my hands off :mad:

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

you were warned posted:

Ohh, I've seen those. Somewhere, I don't remember where, but in the US. They make me so mad. Guys there's hot water right there why are you making me freeze my hands off :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfHgUu_8KgA

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

yeah, but there's only so many high visibility colors

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

you were warned posted:

My first apartment, a WW2-era place, had those. Everything about that place was great (ornate flooring, high ceilings and loads of built-in cabinetry), but those sinks were a nightmare for handwashing, especially since the hot water came from a boiler in the basement, so the hot water was screaming hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

• Locked thread