Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reading that volume, I had this going on for the last couple chapters and it fit perfectly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OqigCz2S1w

Quoting myself from the seinen thread

Captain Invictus posted:

What a fantastic finale. What an outstanding series. Top 10 for me, for sure.

I love that it stuck to its guns, that it didn't compromise even in the end, and yet it was still a wonderful ending. I liked that ending more than Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer's ending, which I liked a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Takane to Hana: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/takane-to-hana-r15628

Story about arrange marriage b/t a HS girl and older guy. I can't decide if it'll be creepy though as I recall being a HS kid wow I'm so old now (younger than 26 though) :bravo2:

Art style looks nice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I can't really imagine any sort of "relationship between a teenager and adult" story not being creepy in some way. I mean, stories with that plot are clearly aimed at teenagers (who find the idea of a mature adult being interested in them appealing and aren't experienced enough themselves to know that any adult interested in a teenager clearly isn't a good catch), but any normal, well-adjusted adult would find a 16 year old to be more or less a child in terms of personality and maturity.

I just finished reading Inari Konkon Koi Iroha as well. While nothing amazing, it was pretty good. The plot and ending were solid (though it was kind of unrealistic that she was able to stay happy despite knowing that two of the most important people in her life were about to be erased from her memories), but none of the main characters were very interesting; I literally can't really think of any personality traits for Inari and Koji aside from "good person," and Touka was just randomly an rear end in a top hat towards Uka who became not-an-rear end in a top hat later. Speaking of personalities, Inari has the exact same personality as Madoka from Madoka Magica.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 7, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Takane to Hana: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/takane-to-hana-r15628

Story about arrange marriage b/t a HS girl and older guy. I can't decide if it'll be creepy though as I recall being a HS kid wow I'm so old now (younger than 26 though) :bravo2:

Art style looks nice.

The girl is a pretty good main character so far and the guy being a childish brat and how she calls him on it is funny. The translation is an uphill struggle though -- I wish a decent group would pick it up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Toka was just tsundere.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I can't really imagine any sort of "relationship between a teenager and adult" story not being creepy in some way. I mean, stories with that plot are clearly aimed at teenagers (who find the idea of a mature adult being interested in them appealing and aren't experienced enough themselves to know that any adult interested in a teenager clearly isn't a good catch), but any normal, well-adjusted adult would find a 16 year old to be more or less a child in terms of personality and maturity.
ities, Inari has the exact same personality as Madoka from Madoka Magica.

True, everytime I see a age gap story I'm always :catbert:

Someone is always too immature for their own good there. It's slightly more OK once everyone is 20 or older though.

Everything Burrito posted:

The girl is a pretty good main character so far and the guy being a childish brat and how she calls him on it is funny. The translation is an uphill struggle though -- I wish a decent group would pick it up.

I can dream of a world w/o comic sans and all caps :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, we meet Tomo's mom.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...this answers so many goddamn questions.

So that's where she gets the fang from.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 8, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
whoaaahhh Sensei Lock-On went full creepy with that "reversal" extra :stonk:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Everything Burrito posted:

whoaaahhh Sensei Lock-On went full creepy with that "reversal" extra :stonk:
i'ma pretend i didn't read that since the series is so nice otherwise

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Tamen De Gushi .

It happened.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

New Tamen De Gushi .

It happened.

She finally took the loving hint.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Great success

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Getting warmer....

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
"Sorry... I'm not gay."

The end.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mikl posted:

New Tamen De Gushi .

It happened.

Good

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Pavlov posted:

"Sorry... I'm not gay."

The end.

Eh, I feel like this would be the default ending to an ton of series

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Pavlov posted:

"Sorry... I'm not gay."

The end.

I mean that's still a better ending then never bringing it up forever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Soylentbits posted:

I mean that's still a better ending then never bringing it up forever.

Stretch still kind of pisses me off.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

Stretch still kind of pisses me off.

I wasn't pissed at the time, but now I'm retroactively pissed. Dick move, writer.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Gotta set things up for that sequel.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Truga posted:

Gotta set things up for that sequel.
Stretch 2: Stretch Further?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stretch Panic

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
The author probably shouldn't stretch things out like that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, this stretching is a good direction. Authors previous works mostly feature short people. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A stretching rack is definitely a bad direction.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Lots of lily love in today's Lily Love
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lily_love_ch11

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are those normal names in Thailand (Donut, Ice, Mew)? I know nothing about the Thai language or naming customs. Even if they aren't, it seems like Thai as a language is cursed with sounding extremely strange when heard by English speakers.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw Shuuen no Elysion in the new updates list today and decided to check it out because it had 6 chapters already translated and I was kinda bored. It's another josei with nice art and a pretty-boy cast and some BL subtext, so if you like that sort of thing it's about what you'd expect. So far I like it pretty well; it's had some decent takes on some standard jokes (the prince-like female student, a cross-dressing school festival, etc.) and the reincarnation gimmick is actually a bit dark: they're cursed to be perpetually reborn, but instead of being themselves from the beginning they each awaken in a kid chosen to be their vessel, and the kid's original personality disappears. It's been not-subtly hinting at the mental toll the continual cycle takes on them as well.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Are those normal names in Thailand (Donut, Ice, Mew)? I know nothing about the Thai language or naming customs. Even if they aren't, it seems like Thai as a language is cursed with sounding extremely strange when heard by English speakers.

Might be nicknames or one of those deals where people in Thailand like naming their kids random english words.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Please Love the Useless Me is getting an adaptation!

...a live action adaptation.

quote:

The December issue of Shueisha's Monthly YOU magazine is revealing on Saturday that Aya Nakahara's (Lovely Complex) romantic comedy manga Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai (Please Love the Useless Me) is getting a live-action TV series adaptation. Monthly YOU will announce more details about the TV series in its next issue.

Well that's something i guess. More importantly why hasn't there been a new chapter in literal ages! I need more.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

i met thai twins a week ago named one and two

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a kitten posted:

Fart noises

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

yep

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

really good josei here

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/koudaike-no-hitobito-r15707

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yeah this one is really cute.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

a kitten posted:

Well that's something i guess. More importantly why hasn't there been a new chapter in literal ages! I need more.

Well the LoveCom movie was... okay. I guess this will be... okay, too.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This is rad. Her daydreams are hilarious.

a kitten posted:

Budget breakdown:
Actors, production etc: 10%
Meat budget: 90%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Honto Yajuu finally got an update and it's 45 pages + color *fans self*
Ends on a drat cliffhanger though...I hope it isn't another 8 months for the next part.