Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm interested to see if the other candidates rip into Carson tonight. When you go too hard against a stupid person it can look like bullying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You're real ignorant, aren'tcha.

Lol if you don't get DWS emails.

How to motivate your voter base:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

KiteAuraan posted:

How can he force private businesses to say Merry Christmas? I mean, he could, but that would make him a tyrant and a dictator. Which as well all know very well the right wing would never support since tyrants are always leftists, especially Hitler and Franco.

No you don't get it. When he becomes president America will be Great AgainTM. Thus we will say Merry Christmas because gently caress any other holiday or religion.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

zoux posted:

I'm interested to see if the other candidates rip into Carson tonight. When you go too hard against a stupid person it can look like bullying.

"Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Obama already vetoed the NDAA for the reasons mentioned, are they trying to add a bunch of garbage to it again?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

How to motivate your voter base:

Yeah, those titles.

ALL HOPE IS LOST
OBAMACARE: GONE

Holy poo poo the dems need antidepressants

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

Do they think these guys are gonna break out of supermax? They'll probably just get terrorized by other inmates.

It's all part of the "our enemies are gutless worms who our powerless against us; but our enemies are the most clever and powerful people who have ever lived" inherent in the GOP's slide to fascism. Terrorists are ignorant goat-herders who can't read and gently caress children, but put them in a Supermax prison where they're GPS-chipped and locked down in an unbreakable concrete box 23.5 hours a day and in no time they'll tunnel out and start Al-Qaeda in America!

See Obama, Barack. He's simultaneously the most incompetent dumbfuck asswipe to ever walk the face of the Earth as well as the cleverest long-con enemy plant quietly working for the destruction of all we hold dear. Or the EPA, which is full of granola-gagging hippies who worship the Earth Mother as well as a sinister organization with multifaceted plans to crush all business and bring the American economy to its knees. Or schoolteachers, who are leftist no-talents who do nothing but babysit all day while at the same time slowly and carefully following a centralized master plan of indoctrinating our youth in the dark arts of literacy, creativity, and facts. Etc. Literally every opponent is both the most harmless and laughable farce the world has ever seen as well as the greatest threat the world has ever faced.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Lol if you're a registered Democrat

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

It's all part of the "our enemies are gutless worms who our powerless against us; but our enemies are the most clever and powerful people who have ever lived" inherent in the GOP's slide to fascism. Terrorists are ignorant goat-herders who can't read and gently caress children, but put them in a Supermax prison where they're GPS-chipped and locked down in an unbreakable concrete box 23.5 hours a day and in no time they'll tunnel out and start Al-Qaeda in America!

See Obama, Barack. He's simultaneously the most incompetent dumbfuck asswipe to ever walk the face of the Earth as well as the cleverest long-con enemy plant quietly working for the destruction of all we hold dear. Or the EPA, which is full of granola-gagging hippies who worship the Earth Mother as well as a sinister organization with multifaceted plans to crush all business and bring the American economy to its knees. Or schoolteachers, who are leftist no-talents who do nothing but babysit all day while at the same time slowly and carefully following a centralized master plan of indoctrinating our youth in the dark arts of literacy, creativity, and facts. Etc. Literally every opponent is both the most harmless and laughable farce the world has ever seen as well as the greatest threat the world has ever faced.

Well, I think it's more fear of a primarying, because "my opponent voted to allow Islam Terrorists to live right down the road from yer kids" is a pretty good stump speech.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If I failed as much at my job as much as DWS has as the head of the DNC, i wouldn't be employed.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

Lol if you're a registered Democrat

Being a party member is often required to vote in the primaries. :v:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I've always assumed the Guantanamo thing is just GOP congressfolks going "Hmmm should I vote to let Obama keep one of his campaign promises gee that's a tough one."

Talmonis posted:

Donald Trump certainly knows how to play to his insipid base. When asked about the change to Starbucks' cups for the holiday season, he responded with;

I really love the way Trump responds to things.

"What are we talking about? I have the best one. It made a million dollars. Everyone loves it. I don't care about it anymore. Is it bothering you? We'll do it your way. Make America Great Again."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Being a party member is often required to vote in the primaries. :v:

Also, in some regions, the Democratic primaries are basically the most important vote, as it is almost guaranteed that some Democrat would win. (I imagine it is the same for Republicans in other regions).

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Good news: UCLA's economic department has determined that the New Deal made the Great Depression twice as long. Why, you ask?

quote:

The policies were contained in the National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA), which exempted industries from antitrust prosecution if they agreed to enter into collective bargaining agreements that significantly raised wages. Because protection from antitrust prosecution all but ensured higher prices for goods and services, a wide range of industries took the bait, Cole and Ohanian found. By 1934 more than 500 industries, which accounted for nearly 80 percent of private, non-agricultural employment, had entered into the collective bargaining agreements called for under NIRA.

Cole and Ohanian calculate that NIRA and its aftermath account for 60 percent of the weak recovery. Without the policies, they contend that the Depression would have ended in 1936 instead of the year when they believe the slump actually ended: 1943.

If wages just stayed at poverty levels the economy would have recovered by 1936!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

I'm looking for Bush to be out for Rubio's blood and for Cruz to hang out and get a few good lines in.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Not referring to Chicken's candidate specifically, but looks like the crazy people forcing primaries with incumbents is on the wane this cycle.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/259431-tea-party-skipping-senate-incumbent-challenges

I was more talking about the random Some Dude candidates who files for inexplicable reasons and have no idea how to campaign rather than the ideological challengers who get outside support

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Luigi Thirty posted:

Good news: UCLA's economic department has determined that the New Deal made the Great Depression twice as long. Why, you ask?

If wages just stayed at poverty levels the economy would have recovered by 1936!

I'm the implicit assumption that these industries actually would have had anittrust persecution brought against them without taking the deal.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

KiteAuraan posted:

How can he force private businesses to say Merry Christmas?

He doesn't need to - once we have started the process of deporting all ungreat citizens, there will be no business case for pandering to their kind, and so the glorious return of Merry Christmas will happen naturally.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Zombie Samurai posted:

I've always assumed the Guantanamo thing is just GOP congressfolks going "Hmmm should I vote to let Obama keep one of his campaign promises gee that's a tough one."

This used to be solved by a couple of earmarks in the right spot as it's not really a big deal. Just everything perceived as negative becomes a hill to die on.

Return earmarks, fix country.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BlueBlazer posted:

This used to be solved by a couple of earmarks in the right spot as it's not really a big deal. Just everything perceived as negative becomes a hill to die on.

I believe you to be correct.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

So loving glad my wife went to another school instead of UCLA for her MBA.

I mean aside from the fact that the UCLA program was twice as much even though hers was still $70k.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Luigi Thirty posted:

eleven years ago, but cripes.

then again, for all the liberals on campus, this school still has poo poo named after reagan. at least it's not as bad as the hoover over at stanford

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

eleven years ago, but cripes.

then again, for all the liberals on campus, this school still has poo poo named after reagan. at least it's not as bad as the hoover over at stanford

Oh I didn't see the date. I get all the latest wacky libertarian articles from Facebook.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

If I failed as much at my job as much as DWS has as the head of the DNC, i wouldn't be employed.

Seriously. They even teach you in a corporate environment to not to be so negative. Things are "challenging" instead of "difficult". Situations are "in progress", issues can be "escalated", and problems can be "long-running"

If I emailed the client telling them that "the servers are gone, the routers are damaged, the gremlins are winning" I'd be out on my rear end so fast.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Seriously. They even teach you in a corporate environment to not to be so negative. Things are "challenging" instead of "difficult". Situations are "in progress", issues can be "escalated", and problems can be "long-running"

If I emailed the client telling them that "the servers are gone, the routers are damaged, the gremlins are winning" I'd be out on my rear end so fast.

Well, much like government isn't a business, neither is scaremongering in the service of fundraising.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Well, much like government isn't a business, neither is scaremongering in the service of fundraising.

Does that really work, though? Like, shouldn't your message be more positive, "kick Republican rear end" type of thing? Granted, Rand already used the SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY schtick.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Does that really work, though? Like, shouldn't your message be more positive, "kick Republican rear end" type of thing? Granted, Rand already used the SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY schtick.

Lord no. The entire GOP platform is based on pandering to what their base is afraid of. Fear is by far the best motivator of human behavior, in my opinion.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The wifi password at the debate is "stophillary".

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

BlueBlazer posted:

It's like making food. You allow a certain amount of ratshit in bread, because otherwise no bread gets made. Same deal with earmarked pork and legislation.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Luigi Thirty posted:

See if that's the router password too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://twitter.com/rickwtyler/status/663776328680910848/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

"That is IRL trolling of the first magnitude. Most impressive."

Where Republicans pretend the last 8 years of IRL trolling of all Republicans to the highest degree didn't happen.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

88 of course.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I always though press carried their own little 4G hotspots anyway because generally wifi gets crowded and slow.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Crain posted:

No you don't get it. When he becomes president America will be Great AgainTM. Thus we will say Merry Christmas because gently caress any other holiday or religion.

Make America Great Again. :911:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

"That is IRL trolling of the first magnitude. Most impressive."

Where Republicans pretend the last 8 years of IRL trolling of all Republicans to the highest degree didn't happen.

Chuck Todd tries to put it in "I can't...I can't do it! She'll know"

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Make America Great Again. :911:
Trump to the Future ought to be posted every time some batshit nonsense comes out of his mouth.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I despise the corporate policies that prevent the truth from being uttered when some huckster is setting fire to your company's bottom line. Internally of course, you would never tell the bald truth to a customer.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Luigi Thirty posted:

Lol is UCLA the one with a big chunk of their economics faculty as this weird bastion of awful Austrian economics that hates FDR with a passion? I can't remember who wrote all those bad papers that libertarians pass around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

joeburz posted:

Lol is UCLA the one with a big chunk of their economics faculty as this weird bastion of awful Austrian economics that hates FDR with a passion? I can't remember who wrote all those bad papers that libertarians pass around.

I thought that was chicago.

• Locked thread