Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

Nice, anybody need me to pick one up for them? Happy to ship to Canada or wherever.

Grab one for me. I'm not going to be able to make it to TRU till ~maybe~ Tuesday afternoon, and that'll be it for the week.

If you see one, snag one for me please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
poo poo I'm gonna be "that guy" that brings 6 of the same toy to the counter and gets weird looks from the cashier.

I'll probably stop at like 4, but I have you and Rhyno covered if they have extra. Room for one more.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

poo poo I'm gonna be "that guy" that brings 6 of the same toy to the counter and gets weird looks from the cashier.

I'll probably stop at like 4, but I have you and Rhyno covered if they have extra. Room for one more.

gently caress, I'm in. Thanks if you can pull it off.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Are the new Star Wars figures as bad as they look? Do they really have less articulation than Phantom Menace toys?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, I forgot to post about this days ago.

Today is the last day for 25% and free shipping on exclusives from the Disney store.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...=1&LSID=7171660|11502922|

Promo code is DISNEYPAL

You can snag any of those Selects for like $19 shipped with it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Are the new Star Wars figures as bad as they look? Do they really have less articulation than Phantom Menace toys?
Yes, we're back to 1997-era POTF 5 points of articulation on the 3.75" The Force Awakens figures.

The sculpts aren't bad, especially on the storm troopers and their variants, but the articulation is disappointing. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release "Black Series" versions in that scale with better articulation, but I wouldn't hold out hope - the recent OT black series 3.75" figures I saw at Walmart were a mixed bag of good articulation and POTF articulation. :sigh:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

If anyone is able to find a 6" Black Series New Order Trooper or a Phasma and can pick them up for me, my area continues to be devoid of anything outside of a random Finn or Chewie.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Agrias120 posted:

If anyone is able to find a 6" Black Series New Order Trooper or a Phasma and can pick them up for me, my area continues to be devoid of anything outside of a random Finn or Chewie.

Phasma is drat near impossible to find in stores right now. I found everyone else from Wave 2, but I ended up going through a friend that owns a toy store for Phasma (paid $30, it was worth the extra $10 not to drive around any more). I have seen quite a few New Order troopers though. Do you want the regular one or the TRU snowtrooper?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Havoc904 posted:

Phasma is drat near impossible to find in stores right now. I found everyone else from Wave 2, but I ended up going through a friend that owns a toy store for Phasma (paid $30, it was worth the extra $10 not to drive around any more). I have seen quite a few New Order troopers though. Do you want the regular one or the TRU snowtrooper?

Yeah, that was my fear with Phasma, but I was hoping it was just my area being my area. I'd like to get the snotrooper and the regular one, ideally, but the regular trooper is the one on the top of my list. Everywhere around me just either seems to be not getting in new stock or the scalpers are taking everything even quicker than normal.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah, that was my fear with Phasma, but I was hoping it was just my area being my area. I'd like to get the snotrooper and the regular one, ideally, but the regular trooper is the one on the top of my list. Everywhere around me just either seems to be not getting in new stock or the scalpers are taking everything even quicker than normal.

Okay! I'm sure Phasma will stop popping up in more places, alot of stores will get in fresh stock for Thanksgiving as well. Kylo Ren was rare for a month after Force Friday, but I have been seeing him pop up a few times.

When I see a First Order trooper, I will pick him up! If you already got one, then I will happily add a second one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

I'm going to be calling tomorrow to see if they have em in stock, so if I get lucky and and grab one on my own I'll make sure to update the thread so you can leave one for the YOUNG CHILDREN WHO ARE DESPERATELY SEEKING A REEVE SUPERMAN TOY since we all know they exist... somewhere.

Does anyone even know of a sku or something for it?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Havoc904 posted:

This batmobile is fantastic! Like Rhyno mentioned a few posts back, get it while you can.

Seriously. Mine showed up tonight and I just sat in a dark room with its lights turned on for ten solid minutes, smiling like an idiot. It's huge and beautiful.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Checked my TRU and no Reeve Superman. Unless the vendor comes in with it, the next truck comes Thursday. Bleh

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Blackchamber posted:

Checked my TRU and no Reeve Superman. Unless the vendor comes in with it, the next truck comes Thursday. Bleh

I know that special NECA reps or a person other than a TRU employee has to unbox the stock the NECA stuff so it's possible that person hasn't done it yet today.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

I know that special NECA reps or a person other than a TRU employee has to unbox the stock the NECA stuff
Seriously? Is that a new practice to deter scalpers?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Seriously? Is that a new practice to deter scalpers?

No, it's a practice to make sure the product actually gets on the shelves.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

No, it's a practice to make sure the product actually gets on the shelves.
What's the difference?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

What's the difference?

The difference is they don't really care about scalpers. Scalping is a thing collectors care about, and probably blow entirely out of proportion.

Hasbro also has vendors put out their stock. They are basically there to make sure that their product goes out timely, looks nice, and is in the right place. Otherwise TRU employees are pretty good at just putting it out wherever it fits and gently caress it. All about image.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xenomrph posted:

What's the difference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_assurance

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

But if it's not actually getting out on the shelves, where is it going?

therealjon_ posted:

The difference is they don't really care about scalpers. Scalping is a thing collectors care about, and probably blow entirely out of proportion
Tangentially related, but you aren't the person who openly admitted to scalping in this thread, right? We're talking a while back, I think at least over a year or two ago.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 10, 2015

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Xenomrph posted:

Tangentially related, but you aren't the person who openly admitted to scalping in this thread, right? We're talking a while back, I think at least over a year or two ago.

The guy I traded avatars with? I don't think he posts here anymore.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bushifox posted:

The guy I traded avatars with? I don't think he posts here anymore.
I knew your avatar looked familiar but I wasn't sure on the username, and I'd have felt like a douche by just saying "the guy with the Simpsons avatar is scalper scum!"

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Xenomrph posted:

At some stores it just never goes out. Here is a interesting story to go along with that. A friend of mine worked at a K-mart that went out of business years and years ago. During the closure he was charged with clearing out the stockrooms and getting all the merchandise on the floor to sell. As they were going through he found multiple boxes of original Star Wars figures. Needless to say they magically made their way to his car immediately. But they found tons of things like this. I know TRU is especially bad about this practice as well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but that seems amazingly insane to me. Like, don't the storage rooms run out of space as poo poo just piles up? Is this only a problem in toy stores and toy departments?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but that seems amazingly insane to me. Like, don't the storage rooms run out of space as poo poo just piles up? Is this only a problem in toy stores and toy departments?

You overestimate the ability of people being paid minimum wage to give a poo poo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Red posted:

You overestimate the ability of people being paid minimum wage to give a poo poo.

This is exactly it. Maybe someone moves something where it is forgotten or they get fired. If you have ever been in a backroom of any retailer you will know it is anything but clean and expertly organized. The last store I took over about a year before the company folded I did 3 full inventories and when I was clearing the store out I still found random things from the 70s hidden away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my customers used to work at TRU and he was hoarding stock for himself for years. He just repacked boxes, marked them as overstock and put them on upper shelves where it was a pain to check them. He was later fired and tons of stuff that had long since left the shelves was suddenly out. Like TF Armada stuff from 2002 hitting the shelf in 2012.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
No Reeves at TRU today, will check again tomorrow I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whomp.

They had two, the other one has paint slop all over the chest so I didn't pick it up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Whomp.

They had two, the other one has paint slop all over the chest so I didn't pick it up.

Man it hasn't came in at my work yet, but we did get a angry collector calling for it and being pissed it wasn't in yet.

Did see these two at work which I put in layaway until Sunday when everything in the store is 20%.

Might have to get the other two Nightmare Before Christmas figures there since they are only $13 each!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got a SKU on the receipt?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Got a SKU on the receipt?

Uhhhh, no?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Uhhhh, no?

Oh nice I can use the number there when I come in to look it up in our store database. Couldn't find one, as it only shows the lame Heroclix one instead.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Who's that red black series dude

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That Popcultcha sale on Halloween was awesome, got Hot Toys Falcon for $162 shipped to the US. Arrived yesterday, can't wait to open him and check him out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Falcon is awesome. His wings only being molded on one side is a weird choice, but you don't see the other side anyway.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rear end Catchcum posted:

Who's that red black series dude

It's this guy, the Guavian Enforcer.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Series-Guavian-Enforcer/dp/B00WO09XRK

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I wonder if kids in 1980 were confused by those odd Bossk and Dengar figures on the shelves 3 months before Empire came out.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Red posted:

I wonder if kids in 1980 were confused by those odd Bossk and Dengar figures on the shelves 3 months before Empire came out.

I saw the 1977 figures as a kid before I saw the film, had no idea what any of it was. I thought C3po had to be the main dude just because he was so shiny and gold so my grandfather bought me him to go with my micronauts.

Oy I really want that Btas Batmobile, one of the comic shops here got one and put it out on display and pictures really can't do it justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Red posted:

I thought Bossk was awesome, but not as cool as 4-lom/zuckuss. Dengar was a fat guy with bandages on his head, so not really worth asking for.

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 13, 2015