Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Crossdressing and genderbending are differen things!!!!

dont worry i always take into account each character's things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

hinamatsuri keeps getting funnier somehow. it truly is the king of gag mangas

hinamatsuri is one my fav running comic

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

hinamatsuri and ballroom are the good comics, some of

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Since people are not seeing this clearly, imagine a hypothetical show where the first episode features a pantomimed rape for laughs, followed by more and more rape jokes per episode and escalating to main characters being repeatedly raped on screen. Each of those incidents could be contextually logical but the consistency of that concept's depiction is itself troublesome.

i forgot about this post

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

i forgot about this post

Ah, the memories

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

i forgot about this post
that post owns because times the main girl in that show cried in the first few episodes:

when she was taken prisoner after an intense battle
when someone she cared about died

the first time is sort of played up, she calls herself a crybaby in her internal monologue, but like. sometimes people cry in intense situations. it's a pretty normal thing. goons are weird.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

emotions are bad and must be suppressed at all times

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

i'm afraid to ask but what hypothetical show was he talking about that people defended?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

important query: has there ever been something with nested translator notes, where part of the note also has a note that leads to a different note in order to accurately explain whatever they are trying to say.

i want to believe it exists but it might be too silly to

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's something I remember because he also had an implied accusation that I was a rape apologist or something

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Admoon posted:

i'm afraid to ask but what hypothetical show was he talking about that people defended?

it was g-reco, an incredibly mild show where a woman cried because her lover and comrade died

the poster is just crazy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I didn't know who that was so I googled it and it looks like she's a triathlete? That's impressive.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

very impressive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

important query: has there ever been something with nested translator notes, where part of the note also has a note that leads to a different note in order to accurately explain whatever they are trying to say.

a couple of VNs have a feature like that in the translation

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

it was g-reco, an incredibly mild show where a woman cried because her lover and comrade died

the poster is just crazy

This reminds me I think he stopped posting in the IBO thread after you uh fact trolled him or whatever he was on about

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

This reminds me I think he stopped posting in the IBO thread after you uh fact trolled him or whatever he was on about

i dont even remember doing that

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Srice posted:

The gently caress is a fact troll.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

Sharkopath posted:

it was probably disagreeing with him, or saying that women are people and can experience a wide range of emotions without it being sexist

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Twiddy posted:

The gently caress is a fact troll.

oh i remember now, he kept posting the characters name wrong as a really lame joke and i just replied with the characters actual name

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

He called you a troll when you corrected him on a G-reco character name

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

shinbo pop culture reference anime pani poni dash aired when the format was avi, subs were still hard encoded, and translating signs was in its infancy. instead of having a note of some sort on the screen at all times the sub group started to just put like 5 page pdfs in the torrent

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

it was probably disagreeing with him, or saying that women are people and can experience a wide range of emotions without it being sexist

I'm learning lots tonight

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

iirc the official release followed suit

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sorry Corals posted:

shinbo pop culture reference anime pani poni dash aired when the format was avi, subs were still hard encoded, and translating signs was in its infancy. instead of having a note of some sort on the screen at all times the sub group started to just put like 5 page pdfs in the torrent

yessss

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

He called you a troll when you corrected him on a G-reco character name

I want to see this post

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Gundumb G-re...uh... recotarded...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sorry Corals posted:

I remember this

I bet those pdfs are still floating around

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry Corals posted:

Gundumb G-re...uh... recotarded...

It's english name is reconguista in g, if that makes it easier

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the translation equivalent of needing the codebook to get past the copy protection of an old pc game

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Droyer posted:

It's english name is reconguista in g, if that makes it easier

Fuckin Gay Cartoon

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sorry Corals posted:

That is so preferable to having translator notes on screen.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry Corals posted:

Fuckin Gay Cartoon

weak

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

neither subs nor dubs, but photocopied transcripts that are stuffed in the box with the bootleg vhs for easy access and storage

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

i forgot about this post

how the gently caress do you even come up with the phrase "pantomimed rape"

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
A binder of screenshots you flip through for the visuals, sound on a cassette tape you play at the same time and subs in the form of a .mobi

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

how the gently caress do you even come up with the phrase "pantomimed rape"

Broken Loose is... special

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

A binder of screenshots you flip through for the visuals, sound on a cassette tape you play at the same time and subs in the form of a .mobi

fan novelization

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Droyer posted:

Broken Loose is... special

He hated G-Reco from the the second they showed the mecha designs and the main Gundam had horns

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mail Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mobile Postman

• Locked thread