Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telex
Feb 11, 2003

So buy all the cheap ones and re-list them for 120.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

178 bind to legacy.

It's 188 actually.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Telex posted:

Honestly I'm going to be shocked if augment prices don't settle between 60-80k. Considering -

a) The schematics for purples are super easy to obtain. No more waiting for a green schematic to come in a slicing mission, then reverse engineering those to get a blue (20% chance) and then reverse engineering those to get a purple (20% chance), now you just buy the blue schematic off vendors and reverse engineer it (60% chance).

b) Less variance in augment types - pretty much crit for everyone, no more worrying about making Cunning, Aim, Strength, Willpower, etc.

c) With the Biochem nerf, people that had multiple toons with biochem now only need 1, so they can drop Biochem and pick up slicing or another crew skill to make their own augments or at least tank the cost of adaptive circuitry.

d) Crafting crit increase - double the augments a lot more often means higher supply.

Rouncer posted:

It's 188 actually.

Oops.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

I've had more luck selling the alacrity ones for a decent price.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Captain Oblivious posted:

The levelling rate is Ludicrous Speed so those Explorable Missions are completely and utterly worthless just about.

I still do them. I like having my character do stuff

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

If you think that is bad you should try playing EVE Online!

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Telex posted:

This was yesterday. I did that. They did not sell. I got on this morning to see they're all at 80k again. :sigh: I miss KotFE launch week when they were 160-180k each.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Casyl posted:

This was yesterday. I did that. They did not sell. I got on this morning to see they're all at 80k again. :sigh: I miss KotFE launch week when they were 160-180k each.

Yeah I made about 10 million on augments launch week just because I knew they'd drop. I think I had the first Mastery augments up on the GTN hehe.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just finished up the final alliance quest. Few tips remember to get to Alderaan you can initially just click "travel to contact" on Lokin. Once in the tunnels you can get credit for the probe even if someone else is doing it, just stand in the circle.

After you fully recruit him, if you want to go back for the event, you can just pick up a random Alderaan heroic and teleport there. :D

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Gonna have to make sure I do that alliance quest this evening before I sleep into a 24 hour fallout 4 k-hole.

Honestly, Lokin is one of my favorite characters so I'm real glad to pick him up so soon. Also is it just me or does KotFE feel pretty agent centric so far? Of classes with returning comps we have JK with 1, consular with 1, inq with 1, trooper with 2, warrior with 1, and bh and and smugg poo poo out of luck iirc. With Lokin and kaliyo next chapter that's agent at 3.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How do post-50 storylines work? Is it there still individualism or do they all flow together into a WoW-style plot with you as the non-specific hero?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pierson posted:

How do post-50 storylines work? Is it there still individualism or do they all flow together into a WoW-style plot with you as the non-specific hero?

This, but with the occasional reference to your character's history, occasional class-specific dialog choice, and one class specific quest on Rishi.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also holy poo poo now is the time to sell hemostatic gel and biochem parts hahaah.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

AmiEsiM posted:

so i used a random referal in here and got my 7 days free. Is the free expansion with sub thing still going on or did i miss it, my warrior seems capped at 55. (i bought RothC like forever ago)
i feel like i remember reading some poo poo about expansion being free for subs.

The 7 day free sub doesn't count towards that so you don't get any of the expansions using it. You have to pay for a sub for at least one month now to unlock those.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Pierson posted:

YOU ARE THE OUTLANDER and so is everybody else.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Who would win in a fight, the outlander or the warrior of light

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I also kind of have to scoff at how special the whole "outlander" thing is, when all your old outlander companions have apparently been dicking around in zakuul without commentary for five years

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Who would win in a fight, the outlander or the warrior of light

Neither. The Dovahkiin would kick both their asses.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My BH's outfit is finally coming together:

Just finished that storyline. Ultiamtely betrayed Tormen and sided with the Chancellor. Partly because gently caress Sith, partly because My Reputation, but mostly because since becoming a Mandalorian I noticed my motivation in missions went from "gimme money" to "gimme a challenge". Corpsing a Sith in his own flagship seemed to fit into that quite nicely.

Would you guys suggest I just focus on storyline missions for Cartel and Revan content, then come back to them when I'm done with the Knights stuff? I don't know how many rewards would actually be relevant even though I'm 65.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Some of the Makeb sidequests/heroics are fairly long, so depending on whether you care about extra credits/crates/reputation you might skip them.

For Shadow of Revan there aren't really any sidequests that are "out of the way", you end up hitting all of them on the path to main quest objectives and it's easier to just do them then instead of revisiting those areas for one-time quests.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Okay, so I see they've changed companions and such since I last played. How is it different exactly from how it used to be? What's the difference between their 'level' and when I see soandso approves? Does this mean I can play my character how I want without worrying about if they like what I say and still get conversations/quests from them?

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Okay, so I see they've changed companions and such since I last played. How is it different exactly from how it used to be? What's the difference between their 'level' and when I see soandso approves? Does this mean I can play my character how I want without worrying about if they like what I say and still get conversations/quests from them?

You actually gain influence from a "disapproves" response now. It's less than "approves", but it's still gain. Which means you're better off taking the responses that piss off your companions than the neutral ones that don't touch influence.

All the conversations/quests are now tied to story progress instead of how much they like you, so yeah, you can get all their conversations and quests without grinding affection like in the days of yore.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

My BH's outfit is finally coming together:

Just finished that storyline. Ultiamtely betrayed Tormen and sided with the Chancellor. Partly because gently caress Sith, partly because My Reputation, but mostly because since becoming a Mandalorian I noticed my motivation in missions went from "gimme money" to "gimme a challenge". Corpsing a Sith in his own flagship seemed to fit into that quite nicely.

Would you guys suggest I just focus on storyline missions for Cartel and Revan content, then come back to them when I'm done with the Knights stuff? I don't know how many rewards would actually be relevant even though I'm 65.

I killed Tormen because I was 110% sure he was going to betray me. It's a sith lord sending a disposable mercenary on a suicide mission to kill a high-profile republic target; literally every word of that screamed "i'm going to let you die and take the credit for your work" so I figured I'd just pre-betray him and was genuinely a little stunned when he turned out to be on the level. I even felt a little bad about it :(

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Medullah posted:

Also holy poo poo now is the time to sell hemostatic gel and biochem parts hahaah.

Man you weren't kidding. Thank you for reminding me. It is such a joy to hear that sequence of mails being received, from someone buying all your stacks.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I killed Tormen because I was 110% sure he was going to betray me. It's a sith lord sending a disposable mercenary on a suicide mission to kill a high-profile republic target; literally every word of that screamed "i'm going to let you die and take the credit for your work" so I figured I'd just pre-betray him and was genuinely a little stunned when he turned out to be on the level. I even felt a little bad about it :(
He force choked both me and Mako because we're both snarky mercenaries who don't give a poo poo about politics and I picked conversation options to that effect. He had it coming :clint:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Beeme posted:

Man you weren't kidding. Thank you for reminding me. It is such a joy to hear that sequence of mails being received, from someone buying all your stacks.

How much are they going for now? Wondering if it's worth it to swap my UT for diplomacy so I can cash in on gifts and medical supplies, or if that boom will be over by the time I get up there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

How much are they going for now? Wondering if it's worth it to swap my UT for diplomacy so I can cash in on gifts and medical supplies, or if that boom will be over by the time I get up there.

Hemostatic Gel is at around 5k a unit right now, but quickly dropping. Earlier today the cheapest on the GTN was 1 MILLION credits per unit.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Hemostatic Gel is at around 5k a unit right now, but quickly dropping. Earlier today the cheapest on the GTN was 1 MILLION credits per unit.

Yep, I sold 3 stacks at a million each. Glad I didn't vendor them long ago.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Geez, I cashed out yesterday for 2K each and 20k autoimmunes. I figured it would either spike today or crash as everyone hoarding dumped theirs at the same time, guess I guessed wrong.

So you know, I ONLY made 3 million. So far.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 10, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know why I find diving off the VIP area and getting rewarded with money and a rakghoul canister funny every single time, but I do.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Casyl posted:

Yep, I sold 3 stacks at a million each. Glad I didn't vendor them long ago.

Jesus christ. I need to remember to be careful with my market clicking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just sold a stack of the Autoimmune Regulators for 10 million.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
When does the Gree event happen? Also: Does the artifacting around the Gree lightsabers change to the color of your crystal, or stay blue?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Nipponophile posted:

It's a shame that while KOTFE made the game so much more playable and less hostile to the player it also took the story in a really stupid direction.

The Outlander is such a bizarre title to give the player in a sci fi setting like this. It feels out of place.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Outlander is such a bizarre title to give the player in a sci fi setting like this. It feels out of place.

It's not really a sci-fi title. When Arcann starts calling you THE Outlander, he's invoking Zakuul's mythology if you pay attention to it later on. "The Outlander" is a title of significance in Zakuul myths.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also the Lokin recruitment quest seems bugged to hell. The Rakghoul tunnels stage is fine, but the final(?) stage on tatooine has you drop a probe in the sarlaac, except activating the probe doesn't actually... do anything. Some sort of box or something is supposed to spawn, but it doesn't, and there's like twenty people standing around it. Also resetting the quest means you have go back to Alderaan to talk to Lokin again, except at some point he vanished from my contact list so I couldn't even quick travel back. :ughh: Luckily that step doesn't require a limited-time event anyway.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's a shame that while KOTFE made the game so much more playable and less hostile to the player it also took the story in a really stupid direction.

Granted Star Wars trying to be a space western isn't that out of left field. It is weird for the Force users. Should've been more magicy for them.

Cythereal posted:

It's not really a sci-fi title. When Arcann starts calling you THE Outlander, he's invoking Zakuul's mythology if you pay attention to it later on. "The Outlander" is a title of significance in Zakuul myths.

huh, well then. Granted with that title, we better have friends on the other side. :colbert:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 10, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

And in my Japanese Animes the female ninjas wear no clothes to distract their enemies, you see! It doesn't matter what in setting explanation the writers invent, the real question is why they didn't go with something less awkward sounding in the first place. There are any number of functional synonyms available.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, even better. Resetting means you do have to do the Rakghoul tunnel stuff again. So... don't do that. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

And in my Japanese Animes the female ninjas wear no clothes to distract their enemies, you see! It doesn't matter what in setting explanation the writers invent, the real question is why they didn't go with something less awkward sounding in the first place. There are any number of functional synonyms available.

Oh I'm not disagreeing, I was just adding the in-game context to the title.

• Locked thread