Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Ok, a sample, because I'm still interested in the overall reception. This is a horrible scan of page one of Tank Girl 2, but I will say, if folks like it, I will X-acto knife one volume (ok, I have 3, I'm weird like that), and make perfect scans. No interest, no X-acto. :v: Click for huge, obviously.

Dan Dare, even though there will be some reruns, is inbound..

vvvv God that's beautiful. Borden's work? vvvv

I didn't read that, on account of principle. But I'm sure it was better than all that Holbrook crap I never read either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Back To B.C.

Peanuts: Year Three (August 20-23, 1953)

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

BlankIsBeautiful is the same person that's been plaguing us with old 9 Chickweed Lane comics too, as if it wasn't bad enough that we have to see the newest ones? :sigh: I guess I can't complain too much since I only skim the thread to see a couple of comics, but I have to agree that Tank Girl is definitely not appropriate for the thread given what the thread is for.

I have to second Moomin, though. More Moomin is always good.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Does anyone remember which Moomin stories have been posted already? I have a couple of those books at home and I might have time to post some later this month.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Inspector Danger

Look at that last panel. That's the moment where Alfie realizes two things; that Inspector Danger has finally lost his last tenuous grasp on reality, and that as long as he gets to keep arresting people, he doesn't care.

Deep Dark Fears

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Important question, fictional people. Are you planning to pay this woman you don't know for these services she's inexplicably decided to bestow upon you? Or are you planning to charge her rent and take advantage of her free labor?

The Amazing Spider-Man

It makes total sense, but I didn't notice it/make the connection until now. Those guys' fishbowls are full of water so they can breathe on land. :3:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Arelon posted:

Does anyone remember which Moomin stories have been posted already? I have a couple of those books at home and I might have time to post some later this month.

Repost Moomin in the Riviera.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

What if your daughter is really being a shithead about this. How does that factor into the "work for free for the great experience!" equation.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

It makes total sense, but I didn't notice it/make the connection until now. Those guys' fishbowls are full of water so they can breathe on land. :3:

Who the gently caress is that?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Meanwhile, the contents of that dumpster fire can been seen here quite often.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

karmicknight posted:

I thought it looked like an old character from an earlier storyline (holy poo poo! 2011!) but when I went back Serra Carson had shorter hair and less of a lab coat, and was also more obviously a bad guy than I remembered.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I hope it's just a random scientist passing by with a piece of rebar who felt like loving someone's day up and she walks away after that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

I hope it's just a random scientist passing by with a piece of rebar who felt like loving someone's day up and she walks away after that.

Crossover this with Young Mary Worth. See Mary meddle through the ages!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arelon posted:

I feel like it's been long enough that it doesn't matter. Just post some Moomin.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom
It's not over. :stare:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Gee, I wonder what the subtext of this is...

quote:

Retail

And before you ask, yes people still try to haggle prices nowadays.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

Kid/Squid Dichotomy Comix

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Evil Mastermind posted:

Gee, I wonder what the subtext of this is...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love you.

The Dinette Set takes down a scientific theory.

Working Daze attempts, fails at political humor.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is on the second issue.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Evil Mastermind posted:

Do we know how much she spend on getting the comics? Because I imagine that if it was a lot she'd still be pretty ticked off.

Did we even see a strip where he looks at them? Maybe I missed a strip or two, but it feels like he got home from the sandbox, his mom said "surprise! Check out all these comix I spent weeks and $$$ collecting!" and Private Asshat just went and sold them so he could buy a cheap ring from Zales to score Private Pussy without even reading them. Honestly, if I was his mom, I'd be ticked as gently caress, too.

(A couple years ago, I did a few months stint in jail. I gave a friend my SA password so she could print out this thread and mail it to me, to make me chuckle and keep my sanity intact. So, yeah, I'm a bit biased on this subject. Also, thanks to everyone posting, your humorous posts/edits kept me me sane during that arduous experience)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Did we even see a strip where he looks at them? Maybe I missed a strip or two, but it feels like he got home from the sandbox, his mom said "surprise! Check out all these comix I spent weeks and $$$ collecting!" and Private Asshat just went and sold them so he could buy a cheap ring from Zales to score Private Pussy without even reading them. Honestly, if I was his mom, I'd be ticked as gently caress, too.
I think there was one panel of him reading them.

fake edit: Yup. October 19th, the strip after he arrives at the house.

October 20th...Overstreet Guide.

In fact, now that I'm looking at these like this, I don't know if he even read the drat things before selling them. It's entirely possible he just leafed through one issue for nostalgia, then immediately reached for the price guide.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

karmicknight posted:

I thought it might be Jessica Jones because of the new Netflix series? I think in the past guest stars have seemed to line up with new Marvel projects, but not always. Also Google tells me she looks nothing like that, the comics version at least, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Vargo posted:

Oh god, it would make me so happy if the entire Mary Worth/Phantom crossover was literally just the cab ride. That's it. Nothing else.
I think this is exactly what we are getting. I think this will probably be the end of this crossover. Unless Olive is going to the same school Heloise is trying to get into or something I guess.

Rex Morgan MD

I'm seriously amazed that the writer got this so wrong. Hugh's supposed to be the bad guy, but everything he's done has been pretty much the exact right thing to do.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Look at me, Tommie. I'm of little use, Tommie. I'm forty years old and my health is compromised, Tommie. I don't Tommie that for Tommie, Tommie.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Look at me, Tommie. I'm of little use, Tommie. I'm forty years old and my health is compromised, Tommie. I don't Tommie that for Tommie, Tommie.

What are you saying Evil Mastermind? Don't you think people like me Indolent Bastard, speak this way? I Indolent Bastard am offended Evil Mastermind!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I'm seriously amazed that the writer got this so wrong. Hugh's supposed to be the bad guy, but everything he's done has been pretty much the exact right thing to do.
I vaguely recall the last story he appeared in had him wide-eyed and gesticulating, being portrayed as a maniac while loudly accusing the Morgan family of things that were 100% true. The writer has to be in on the joke here with it being so consistent.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think Rex has prescribed him something to take the edge off. Amphetamines help with dementia, right?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Did the mom even tell him she had completed his collection? Or is he just dumb enough to assume that he had them all along.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I hope Dr. kaput comes back for revenge against Olive, and Heloise does some Phantoming.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Evil Mastermind posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXTe3K7BllM

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I think this is exactly what we are getting. I think this will probably be the end of this crossover. Unless Olive is going to the same school Heloise is trying to get into or something I guess.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I skipped three days, I'm Sorry Dog Comix.

That's, uh... what about that one guy, got busted for pot like 20 years ago and they let him keep his medal because it wasn't a performance enhancer, I want to say his name was Brian? He was a skier, right?

Ballard Street

He's not even listening, he is still transfixed by the floor cookies.

Lost Side of Suburbia

No, Slynderfell, it's 'cattes,' you've got an I in there. Jeez, read pyf sometime.

Just kidding, nobody should read pyf

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who can forget the marvellous name that is Picabo (it's pronounced peekaboo) Street?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't understand the appeal of Retail; I imagine people who actually work in retail don't want to be reminded of the terrible hell their everyday life is.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Classic Dilbert

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pentaro posted:

Kid/Squid Dichotomy Comix

I'm reading this thread in between rounds of Splatoon and I laughed heartily at this edit. Nice job

Calaveron posted:

I don't understand the appeal of Retail; I imagine people who actually work in retail don't want to be reminded of the terrible hell their everyday life is.
I worked retail for many years, from the lowliest grocery bagger to specialty store district manager, and I enjoy it well enough. Admittedly, I never read the strip until after I was out of retail myself, so you might be right. Maybe someone somewhere will read the strip and recognize themselves in it and not be a tremendous rear end in a top hat to some minimum wage schlub that day, and the world will be a slightly better place. It's more than Garfield or Nancy ever did for us.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Calaveron posted:

The same theory behind the Christmas that Walmart Radio played "If We Make It Through December": We feel your pain, sales floor grunts.

Back To B.C.

Peanuts: Year Three (August 24-26, 1953)

Oh, and just because I blew off this morning doesn't mean you're completely off the hook. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread