Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

obi_ant posted:

Wanted to read something new... Went a bit overboard.

You have good taste. Ms. Marvel in particular is just so drat charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some good comics in there

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

colas posted:

What exactly do you have on your car? They're always on and work at night?

He has a drone that flies circles around his car at all times, taking night vision video. You know, just in case someone decides to tread on him. So, you know, don't tread on him, or something.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Loezi posted:

What place is it that has no snow/slush (huge holes for the laces all the way down) yet is cold enough to warrant shoes with fluffy stuff inside? Or does the fluffy stuff only extend for a minuscule amount, being more for looks and less for warmth?

I live in Finland and we definitely have both snow and slush. My previous winter shoes were almost same except the color and never had any problems with wet socks.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Got some new headphones

Got a couple of new shirts and I'm getting my black velvet suit tailored. Vegas gonna be fun.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
End of day can not come soon enough....

fallout 4

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

LTBS posted:

Got some new headphones

Those headphones don't leave my DJ equipment area. Hope you like extremely well-balanced techno!

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I bought this booger for $30.12 $32.66 thanks to Bullshit Amazon Texas Tax. The green one is 29.94 right now, both are cheaper than the 32oz at the time of posting.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Hrvstmn31 posted:

I bought this booger for $30.12 $32.66 thanks to Bullshit Amazon Texas Tax. The green one is 29.94 right now, both are cheaper than the 32oz at the time of posting.

Do yourself a favor and get the flippy top.

I have two that I bring to work every day. The 1L you have, and the growler (2L). I always get strange looks :|

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Etrips posted:

Do yourself a favor and get the flippy top.

I have two that I bring to work every day. The 1L you have, and the growler (2L). I always get strange looks :|

$26 for a straw seems awfully pricey

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do you guys work in the wilderness where you don't have access to drinkable water? Why carry 64oz of water? Or even 32oz of water? That's almost like carrying around a baby all day.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Do you guys work in the wilderness where you don't have access to drinkable water? Why carry 64oz of water? Or even 32oz of water? That's almost like carrying around a baby all day.

Better get up and walk across the building every five minutes to get a sip of water so you don't offend Mu Zeta guys

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It's not just a straw. Its a water delivery system.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mu Zeta posted:

Because I am a huge water snob. I cannot drink city water from the tap because I can taste the chlorine. Even through a Brita water filter I can taste it. Then I can't drink water when it is room temperature, and given that I work 12 hour shifts, keeping it in these containers makes it nice and cold all throughout the shift.

I have to either buy giant Deer Park water (least favorite) or fill up my water reservoir containers with osmosis filtered water. I am a huge baby, but at least my water tastes clean as poo poo.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Meh. Makes drinking out of the growler a whole lot easier.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Etrips posted:

Because I am a huge water snob. I cannot drink city water from the tap because I can taste the chlorine.

Chlorine taste > feces taste

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

GoPro knockoff. Another goon posted it a few pages back and it has great reviews for only being ~$50. The biggest downside is that it has a max capacity of a 32GB mSD card. But on the other hand, I had a few spoares of those lying around, so it saves me from spending more money on a 64 or 128 GB one.

LogiTech Harmory 650. It's a model from a year or two ago, but it's a lot cheaper than whatever the newer version is, and has as much functionality as I need.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

djfooboo posted:

Chlorine taste > feces taste

Reverse osmosis taste > chlorine taste

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

I work in an office where the water cooler isn't even that far away from me and I just recently got a 32oz water bottle. It's awesome. I've been filling it up like twice per day and I'm set.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

Mu Zeta posted:

I think the biggest point being missed is that it keeps poo poo cold or hot for-loving-ever. I've let my hydroflask sit in the Vegas sun in my car and when I get back to it it's still got ice in it from that morning. They're incredible, and a 32oz jug of water is perfectly fine to carry around and drink out of, at least around here it is. Hydrate or die, especially if you like to booze it up in the heat.

And I did buy that $25 water delivery system.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

GoPro knockoff. Another goon posted it a few pages back and it has great reviews for only being ~$50. The biggest downside is that it has a max capacity of a 32GB mSD card. But on the other hand, I had a few spoares of those lying around, so it saves me from spending more money on a 64 or 128 GB one.

You're welcome. Try not to crash a motorcycle with it mounted and you'll love it forever.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

PCOS Bill posted:

Better get up and walk across the building every five minutes to get a sip of water so you don't offend Mu Zeta guys

Nothing for or against having large water bottles, but getting up to walk to the water cooler/fountain is a good idea. Get some walking in during the day.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Nothing for or against having large water bottles, but getting up to walk to the water cooler/fountain is a good idea. Get some walking in during the day.

Well poo poo I had work to do but I'm thirsty so I better waste five minutes every five minutes

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

PCOS Bill posted:

Well poo poo I had work to do but I'm thirsty so I better waste five minutes every five minutes

Yes. "get some walking in during the day" = "getting up every five minutes" like you're doing water shots down the hall.

Good job. Good dog.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Yes. "get some walking in during the day" = "getting up every five minutes" like you're doing water shots down the hall.

Good job. Good dog.

Did you not notice me saying the same thing in the post you replied to? I am nothing if not consistent.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

LogiTech Harmory 650. It's a model from a year or two ago, but it's a lot cheaper than whatever the newer version is, and has as much functionality as I need.

I bought a refurb one a few years ago and it's great. Fairly battery hungry, but I have rechargeables so it's not a big deal. Once you get the battery low indicator there is really no wiggle room, it's more of a "Batteries dead - get off your rear end and change them" indicator.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I have a normal sized water bottle that I fill at the filtered water cooler down the hall 2-4 times per day, like a normal person.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
A new CPU heatsink because the pump in my current AIO died about 8 minutes before Fallout 4 finished installing.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought a refurb one a few years ago and it's great. Fairly battery hungry, but I have rechargeables so it's not a big deal. Once you get the battery low indicator there is really no wiggle room, it's more of a "Batteries dead - get off your rear end and change them" indicator.

Batteries havent been an issue for me but my fuckin volume down button broke after a year or so, and my wife thinks my expensive tv remote is useless and a bad purchase now. But she doesn't know poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Phthisis posted:

I have a normal sized water bottle that I fill at the filtered water cooler down the hall 2-4 times per day, like a normal person.

Listen, some people sweat profusely non-stop, all day. You either hydrate or you die. Who are we to judge?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Just carry A gallon of water like a normal person. Those are the best.

Also, I didn't pay for haircut, breakfast or lunch. VETERANS DAY YALL! :patriot:

squarerandom has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Nov 11, 2015

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Bought a pair of basketball shoes recently (Nike Air Max Stutter Step 2) cause I love basketball shoes.

And a pair of boxing shoes (Everlast Alpha HI) for my boxing training.

Chafes a bit, though. Not sure if this is normal, those are my first boxing shoes. :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Negrostrike posted:

Bought a pair of basketball shoes recently (Nike Air Max Stutter Step 2) cause I love basketball shoes.

Race me

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Batteries havent been an issue for me but my fuckin volume down button broke after a year or so, and my wife thinks my expensive tv remote is useless and a bad purchase now. But she doesn't know poo poo.

I much prefer the newer remote that has the base station and phone app. End up using the app more than the remote itself, to be honest.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Negrostrike posted:

Purple's a good color, I like these.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

couldcareless posted:

I much prefer the newer remote that has the base station and phone app. End up using the app more than the remote itself, to be honest.

Absolutely. I have one in the bedroom and another in The TV room. It's the first device that can control everything, including Bluetooth devices.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

Etrips posted:

Because I am a huge water snob. I cannot drink city water from the tap because I can taste the chlorine. Even through a Brita water filter I can taste it. Then I can't drink water when it is room temperature, and given that I work 12 hour shifts, keeping it in these containers makes it nice and cold all throughout the shift.

I have to either buy giant Deer Park water (least favorite) or fill up my water reservoir containers with osmosis filtered water. I am a huge baby, but at least my water tastes clean as poo poo.

I'm a water snob too, have you heard of the berkey filter? I LOOOVE mine. http://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mushinronsha posted:

I'm a water snob too, have you heard of the berkey filter? I LOOOVE mine. http://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/

This is rather interesting. Really curious how this holds up compared to the reverse osmosis filtered water.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Gallon jug is the way to go. The constant trips to the bathroom pissing is all the exercise I need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SaltLick posted:

Gallon jug is the way to go. The constant trips to the bathroom pissing is all the exercise I need

Just get a second jug duh