Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The Boston Accent is loving annoying. I'm tempted to restart the game and just annihilate anyone who talks like that.

grew up in Maine for a few years. This is how I felt every day I interacted with a tourist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Piper's voice actress drives me up the wall.

I haven't been able to find who it is. It sounds a bit like Ashly Burke, but not quite.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Echoing the sentiments about looting, interactions, and shooting. Also the way power armor and weapons mods work is cool. There's an actual reason to stockpile random crap now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I haven't been able to find who it is. It sounds a bit like Ashly Burke, but not quite.

Can't find it either, but this came up.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/River

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i like this game

i am taking wed/thurs/fri off to play it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

i like this game

i am taking wed/thurs/fri off to play it

I'm crushing through all of my finals today so I can play this without any worry.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I have two exams this week. Who gives an exam on Veterans Day??

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

I have two exams this week. Who gives an exam on Veterans Day??

Commies

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fair warning that the jet pack can take you places you're not supposed to go. Zoomed up an elevator shaft and the elevator door at the top could open. When I got up there I could walk on top of the level or clip right out of the map.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I welcome the newest member of the Institute!!

steam controller in hand. i'll update with how it goes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Alright. I really like it, although I understand why people wouldn't. At first the controller feels very odd. Using the right trackpad as mouselook works really well. The swiping to look around isn't as bad as I thought. It's honestly very precise. Learning where all the buttons lie takes some getting used to.

Using the left trackpad for movement is exactly like controlling a character on an iphone or android game that duplicates two sticks using circles on either side of the screen. Keep your thumb forward and the guy moves. Move your thumb back, guy keeps moving back. I stick with the thumbstick for movement. That is just too loving weird for me.

I say if you have the cash and are curious, give it a shot. I picked one up at a Gamestop down the street from me.

bloops fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 10, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
TRIGGER WARNING

DONT CLICK YOU WILL BE TRIGGERED

edit : at first i was like what the gently caress no skills??!??!?! then i realized that having a higher int wasnt actually bad

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
found out raiders have power armor and fat boys the hard way...

Good news is that I got the Touchdown cheevo by shooting the warhead he launched at me, killing us all

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
arcjet labs issue

the terminal needed to advance the quest seems to be broken for me. after i have used it my character gets frozen no matter how many saves i try

hmm 60mb patch maybe this will fix it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ded posted:

arcjet labs issue

the terminal needed to advance the quest seems to be broken for me. after i have used it my character gets frozen no matter how many saves i try

the one to turn on the generator?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

the one to turn on the generator?

yes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

poo poo man. All of your saves are busted?

I mean that sucks, but that's relatively early game.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
they just pushed an update out

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

poo poo man. All of your saves are busted?

I mean that sucks, but that's relatively early game.

Nah. I saved before using the terminal. Just no matter how I try to use it it bugs.

The update didn't seem to fix it.

edit : I was able to get it to work, but only on the first try from a brand new game load.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I need an eyebrow wax.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
halp my character is opressing me with his racist blackface wtf Bethesda.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Can you guys find the genital mutilation slider cuz I can't.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Holy poo poo. Remember the Vault-Tec guy at the start of the game? He's alive! Goodneighbor, Rexford Hotel. Dude got ghouled and survived 210 years.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Damnit why is Piper protected. I wanted to blow her loving head off.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

Damnit why is Piper protected. I wanted to blow her loving head off.

Companions are immortal.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Installing now with a pizza on the way :toot:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Just fell through the floor of an overpass, the road texture refused to change to a closeup one.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Jesus gently caress do not look at the games thread.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Jesus gently caress do not look at the games thread.

How come

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
It's the games thread. It should be self obvious.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I think I finally need a new computer, fo4 runs like poo poo on my 5 (:stonk:) year old desktop.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I think I finally need a new computer, fo4 runs like poo poo on my 5 (:stonk:) year old desktop.
Mine is 6 years old but I just put a GTX960 in there and can run everything on ultra. $200 could potentially stave off having to buy a new computer for a couple of years.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just make sure your motherboard can support PCI Express 3.0.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Building a new pc is goddamn satisfying though.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure I've got pcie 3.0. I've still got dual gtx 470s so it would be nice to just plop in a new video card and be fine for several more years. I really want a new motherboard that has usb 3.0 though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Steam controller update - - cool as hell. The first hour was rough. Now it's like any other gamepad but with much more control.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mike-o posted:

Right behind you. I still have a Phenom II (lol). I at least have a Radeon 6990 and assloads of RAM in there, so it's not too ancient.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

Pretty sure I've got pcie 3.0. I've still got dual gtx 470s so it would be nice to just plop in a new video card and be fine for several more years. I really want a new motherboard that has usb 3.0 though.

You could just throw in a PCI-X x1 card that has USB3.0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=usb+3.0+card&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Game runs fine on my 780 GTX on high/ultra.

• Locked thread