Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Samba De Amigo posted:

Ah okay thanks. I was told by someone that got a 210 chest that 210 chests are worth 3 tokens, so I assume all 210's are worth 3. So it takes a bit but that's still not bad.

This is what I noticed as well. i150 gear gives 1 brass spoil, i180 gear gives 2, and i210 gear gives 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Samba De Amigo posted:

I'll be in diadem non-stop just for the bronze and steel tokens tbh. The allure of Materia V is just unbeatable lol.

I plan to grind it all night for them. I heard they are selling for near 12 million a pop right now.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The relic will never be nerfed enough until book fates pop every 15 minutes. That was always the absolute worst phase of the relic (as someone who did every step pre-nerf) and from what I've heard, they still haven't done much to fix it

tower of power can and will still take multiple hours to pop

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm at work, anyone got a cliff notes on what Diadem is, how you access it and what it drops?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

nuru posted:

It looks easy enough now that I want to do one for my Warrior, but books were awful what with the fates and mobs. Are they easier now?

There's only 3 mob kills per instead of 10, so that much is easier. FATE pops are more common than they used to be as well.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I'm at work, anyone got a cliff notes on what Diadem is, how you access it and what it drops?

Floating islands surrounding the Sea of Clouds - the sectors that you can send FC airships to. Populated by various monsters, new items to be gathered (you can change jobs while there). Unlocking it is just going to the airship dock in the Pillars and doing it, but if you're in an FC with airships you can go on harder missions. Drops aetherial gear of all kinds from i150 to i210 depending on the difficulty - so they have randomized substats that can fill in for gear you haven't gotten yet, but it's not gonna be the best gear unless you get absurdly lucky.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

LordNat posted:

I plan to grind it all night for them. I heard they are selling for near 12 million a pop right now.

Be sure to make sure that they're actually selling. On Excalbur, at least, even though the prices are high, people aren't really buying all that much.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ciaphas posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6707e4bc0ca533c1a2cb12155fc91d884c6b6a84

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Proxied, hence the I'm At Work :v:

Suitaru posted:

Floating islands surrounding the Sea of Clouds - the sectors that you can send FC airships to. Populated by various monsters, new items to be gathered (you can change jobs while there). Unlocking it is just going to the airship dock in the Pillars and doing it, but if you're in an FC with airships you can go on harder missions. Drops aetherial gear of all kinds from i150 to i210 depending on the difficulty - so they have randomized substats that can fill in for gear you haven't gotten yet, but it's not gonna be the best gear unless you get absurdly lucky.

Thanks, sounds pretty fancy. Can anything be done there solo?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Reading the phrase "Sea of Clouds" makes me really want to install the Cloud-To-Butt extension

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The relic will never be nerfed enough until book fates pop every 15 minutes. That was always the absolute worst phase of the relic (as someone who did every step pre-nerf) and from what I've heard, they still haven't done much to fix it

Relic fates pop like every 10 minutes. Seriously. They're up all the loving time.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

sword_man.gif posted:

early reports on light buffs is that low level dungeons are up to brilliant light, and the amount of light each tier gives has been, apparently, doubled. four sastasha normal unsynced runs was enough for a dude to tier up multiple times

gonna follow up on this: each tier of light gain does appear to have been doubled (four brilliants is enough to go up one phase in the zodiac glass), and in non-bonus

The pair of Sphairai Novus emits a brilliant light!
Sastasha completion time: 6:00.

so light is really easy now

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The only time I've seen Tower of Power was when it was already at 95%

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like I can basically do a Sastasha run between queues for other poo poo and get the rest of my Light pretty easily. Good deal.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Edit: Wrong thread.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 10, 2015

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Relic fates pop like every 10 minutes. Seriously. They're up all the loving time.

having just done the atma books, not all of them. still had several 30-45 minute fate waits, and tower of power can still take hours before the starting npcs will appear

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Ciaphas posted:

Proxied, hence the I'm At Work :v:

Thanks, sounds pretty fancy. Can anything be done there solo?

Even normal is pretty challenging. You can solo gather, pretty much.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The Void Ark is quite a fuckin' treat. A really crazy setpiece for a raid, and it's got me totally hooked. I have no idea where they plan to take that story but the raid is quite solid. The second boss with the pillar seemed to be the big headache, but all of the bosses were more challenging than most everything in the Tower last cycle.

The Arboretum is awesome awesome awesome.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna change all my res macros to something something pray return to the waking sands. I'm also going to make several superfluous macros to say more or less the same thing

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sorry but it you gotta be a true Minfilia cosplayer you need to stand around and do nothing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This dress is so gloriously huge compared to your character it makes you feel like you're cosplaying Mom from Futurama.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Hello there adventurer! Yes this linkshell I gave you is great isn't it, it lets me tell you what to do no matter where you are.

I'm going to need you to come back to the waking sands to tell me what just happened. No you can't use the linkshell i'm currently talking to you on, don't be silly.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Samba De Amigo posted:

I'll be in diadem non-stop just for the bronze and steel tokens tbh. The allure of Materia V is just unbeatable lol.

I pretty much plan on stockpiling tokens for whenever the inevitable Materia V stage of the relic questline hits. I don't think it will be in the one we get in a couple weeks necessarily but even so, there's my 2.2 raid gear to think about as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Boten Anna posted:

Diadem is really fun, as far as poo poo we'll probably have to grind for hundreds of hours, it's pretty good. The simplest explanation for it is what if hunts were less bullshit and more fun.

Yes

Parry is going to be useful someday, just you wait...

Moldy Taxes posted:

Went into Diadem with two others. Rank 1 mobs took two or three minutes to kill but weren't unmanageable, and once another party dropped in to help clean up and let us get our currents.

Got a six steel coins from mining and botany, and a few nodes even dropped some silver chests with crafting materials and clusters.

I'm wondering if someone will eventually get upset at partial parties "wasting" slots in the instance, but even the rank V monster we ran across was pretty easy to take down with four or five parties.

What difficulty though? The easy(?)/normal stuff is one thing, but I'd have to imagine the Hard islands that FC airships find will have boss enemies that are designed with full alliances in mind.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Evil Fluffy posted:

What difficulty though? The easy(?)/normal stuff is one thing, but I'd have to imagine the Hard islands that FC airships find will have boss enemies that are designed with full alliances in mind.

From what I can tell, Diadem is actually a fixed size of 6 Parties (48 players), and all that Alliance Queueing actually does is guarantee that you'll have 3 parties in the same instance? Granted, that's not a small benefit, but I don't think smaller FCs will be locked out of it entirely,

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tank rebalancing is going to make parry even more useful than weapon damage, please look forward to it.

(I exaggerate but they might actually make it more useful when they overhaul tank poo poo in 3.2)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So has anyone found out how bad the limit break changes are for 3 ranged or 3 melee parties before they hotfix it out until 3.2?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What are the best secondary stats for tank? Okay if parry is somewhat useless (I guess it's not bad for DRK since reprisal requires a parry proc, but dark dance already ups your parry rate regardless), but between determination and crit rate, I'd be curious what to choose.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Niton posted:

From what I can tell, Diadem is actually a fixed size of 6 Parties (48 players), and all that Alliance Queueing actually does is guarantee that you'll have 3 parties in the same instance? Granted, that's not a small benefit, but I don't think smaller FCs will be locked out of it entirely,

Yeah the etiquette around Diadem is going to get really loving weird, but it also seems designed so that a party of 6 or even maybe 4 can enter, unlock flying, then the party can split and go join a roving band of mob destroyers or ninja gathering nodes or whatever until the clock boots them.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If that's how it works theres going to be a subreddit devoted to hating on the goon FCs by the end of the week.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

What are the best secondary stats for tank? Okay if parry is somewhat useless (I guess it's not bad for DRK since reprisal requires a parry proc, but dark dance already ups your parry rate regardless), but between determination and crit rate, I'd be curious what to choose.

Crit is the best for pretty much everyone.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
I'm pleased to say that the 3.1 MSQ stuff is pretty much filler-free. There were several times where I went "oh, that's it? That felt too convenient."

I like how right off the bat Ser Ameryc basically says "Yeah, we could have told the people nice and slowly about the millennia-long conspiracy one step at a time, but you riding into Ishguard on dragonback kind of threw that out the window" :v:

Also, Lords of Verminion controls waaaay better than an RTS minigame should, from the two tutorial matches I played.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Are there any dungeons or trials tied to the 3.1 MSQ? Trying to figure out how much time I'll need to get through it. :v:

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Sorry but it you gotta be a true Minfilia cosplayer you need to stand around and do nothing.

Plus you're doing this at least five minutes away from the nearest aetheryte, so no one will admire your flawless RP anyway!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I noticed that mini Minfilia's LoV action is a cone attack called "Hello, hello". While I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I will be very disappointed if it is not presented in game as a weaponized linkshell call.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just checked the patch notes and what have they done to Shield Swipe.

Why is Bulwark even a thing now

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Just checked the patch notes and what have they done to Shield Swipe.

Why is Bulwark even a thing now

Because even SE doesn't know What is Going on with Paladins™

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Empress Theonora posted:

Are there any dungeons or trials tied to the 3.1 MSQ? Trying to figure out how much time I'll need to get through it. :v:

You'll find the quest for one dungeon while starting the MSQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Does sending your airship out on a venture prohibit you from using it to go to the Diadem?

• Locked thread