Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

*Person posts sincerely*

Me: man gently caress your dumbass gimmick
*nods in solemn understanding*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
case in point

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

boom boom boom posted:

case in point

Thats just the jew meme guy as a robot.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Droyer posted:

It's pretty cool. Pretty obviously a Giant Robo homage though, so it doesn't have much of an identity on its own.

Yeah it's just a big Giant Robo homage but it along with the SUPER DIMENSIONAL GEAR YGGDRASIL are like two of my favorite parts in the entire game for those reasons.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

wow.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry Twiddy that was unneccessarily aggressive of me. I hope wa can be pals, even if our taste in anime differs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nice!!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

The Big O Season 2, Gurren Lagann, Overman King Gainer and Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-hen were all broadcast in the same decade, also

Also Mellowlink, Dougram, VOTOMS, Ztea Gundam ZZ Gundam, Vifam, Panzer World Galient, Orguss, etc

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

K. Flaps posted:

what?

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Srice posted:

I remember this

I bet those pdfs are still floating around

im back home from work now, and it turns out I have them.

episode 19's notes is 25 pages

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

Yeah it's just a big Giant Robo homage but it along with the SUPER DIMENSIONAL GEAR YGGDRASIL are like two of my favorite parts in the entire game for those reasons.

I liked that guy who wore little booty shorts over a skin tight spandex bodysuit

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i cant wait to watch Sakura Kasugano and Karin Kanzuki go on a date in the story mode of street fighter 5

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I think it's important to strike a balance between making homages to old stuff while still maintaining an original identity.

For example, one of my main problems with the gundam franchise as a whole is that it's far too self-referential.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

i had this pain on the top of my shin this morning

should i go jogging

you should do something less high impact on your shin/ankle area

like erging/biking/swimming

and make sure you don't have shin splints

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i don't get why people judge a show positively or negatively over whether it has robots in it or not. having robots has nothing to do with a show's quality, it doesn't even tell you what genre it's in, just mean there are robots in it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Erg posted:

you should do something less high impact on your shin/ankle area

like erging/biking/swimming

and make sure you don't have shin splints

Tell me what erging is, Erg.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Namtab posted:

*Person posts sincerely*

Me: man gently caress your dumbass gimmick

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I'm fake as gently caress. I'm more gimmick than human.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

he is suggesting sex with him as good cardio

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto posted:

i don't get why people judge a show positively or negatively over whether it has robots in it or not. having robots has nothing to do with a show's quality, it doesn't even tell you what genre it's in, just mean there are robots in it.
gundam fans :whitewater:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

:mrgw:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i cant wait to watch Sakura Kasugano and Karin Kanzuki go on a date in the story mode of street fighter 5

I can't wait for western perverts to hack Mikas rear end back in it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

The Big O Season 2, Gurren Lagann, Overman King Gainer and Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-hen were all broadcast in the same decade, also

boom boom boom posted:

Also Mellowlink, Dougram, VOTOMS, Ztea Gundam ZZ Gundam, Vifam, Panzer World Galient, Orguss, etc

All these shows are bad.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i'm mostly thinking of the guy that got rec'd patlabor then went "what the gently caress, droyer tricked me into looking at a robot show"

e: I've only watched two gundams

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Droyer posted:

Sorry Twiddy that was unneccessarily aggressive of me. I hope wa can be pals, even if our taste in anime differs.
Don't worry, we're already pals.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

I will say that having robots is a draw for me. With that said though just having robots doesn't make a show good, and i like a lot of anime that don't have robots as well.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

All these shows are bad.

thanks, i was juggling a lot

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

erging is using an indoor rowing machine or ergometer (erg for short)

it's what you do as a replacement for rowing in an actual rowing shell when conditions are bad/you don't have enough rowers/you want to practice on your own/etc

most people find them at the gym and have no idea what they're actually used for and look supremely goofy when they come up with something wrong

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

i'm mostly thinking of the guy that got rec'd patlabor then went "what the gently caress, droyer tricked me into looking at a robot show"

patlabor is really good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Twiddy posted:

Don't worry, we're already pals.

:glomp:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gross

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

He ended up liking it though i think, and i don't think his original post was serious.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Erg posted:

erging is using an indoor rowing machine or ergometer (erg for short)

it's what you do as a replacement for rowing in an actual rowing shell when conditions are bad/you don't have enough rowers/you want to practice on your own/etc

most people find them at the gym and have no idea what they're actually used for and look supremely goofy when they come up with something wrong

No it's a term for having sex with Erg, I already said

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

metaphorical hentai

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

also, im watching hxh 2011, and i miss the 99 show's directorial choice of nobody ever turning on their lights

it looked pretty cool until they got to the Greed Island OVA and the colors went :pwn:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

rowing is a sport that can cause you lots of embarrassment very easily

I am glad I got to talk about it here, in the anime chat thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FctsxV2fygM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

homeless snail posted:

metaphorical hentai

It seems like they were trying to do something suggestive, what with the wieners and all, but a hot dog eating contest is the least erotic activity a human being can participate in.

• Locked thread