Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superschaf
May 20, 2010

You are right. I thought of the 2 SBR of I&I but somehow still miscalculated.

I'm mostly looking at Lumiel since I actually have her and I don't see myself using her. Her board change goes the best with Durga, but I think Durga is really poor as a leader to begin with. Durga doesn't have any SBR herself, so running Lumiel you have pretty much given up on getting 100% SBR (unless you run like Loki, Castor, DKali and if you have a DKali you probably have a better rainbow leader to use). On other dark leads Haku is just superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheQuietWilds posted:

You could use Famiel+Amberjack and make a 50/50 water/hearts board for ALakshmi

You could use LuBu or Beelz as a friend lead for Lumiel and it would still be a better multiplier than Ronia with just less RCV.

Yeah, there's lots of potential for Famiel + Another Changer, but that's still kind of bleh because you have to use 2 changers to make it do anything.

The other sticky point with Famiel and Lumiel is their cooldown is still 9 turns, which is pretty odd. Same cooldown as the Norns despite being 4-color, and Kali's have only 7 turn cooldown and are much more flexible in who they can be subs for. So they're in kind of a weird spot.
Starter leaders, they continue to be incredibly flexible and easy to use, can pair up with a decent range of other friend leaders, and now potentially can be solid subs as well. Plus they have practical early game evo requirements so you can get to the 3xTPA versions pretty early. I'd have a hard time telling someone to reroll an Ariel for example, considering she's basically a super-duper Athena once you get her Ultimate. The hard part though, is making the jump from 'okay subs' to 'optimal subs'.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Awoken I&I is still a ways off but gives you 2, each U&Y gives one, AIsis gives one? Actually the optimal U&Y team IMO has two Famiels on it: U&Y+Fam/Fam/AIsis/AI&I+U&Y

That 'optimal' team has a grand total of 1 Timer on it, no delay or damage reducer either, which sounds like a nightmare to me. Also it kind of again highlights the weird place Famiel's active skill is, it's 2 turns slower than either Kali's active, and while it gives you a better base chance of getting more Water orbs, it doesn't have the flexibility to use Kali->U&Y to get a lot more Water orbs.

In terms of U&Y talk, the problem is even with their new LS they're still just strictly inferior to LKali. Their LS bonus is significantly more restrictive, you basically get LKali's for free, meanwhile for U&Y you have to build your team to the correct typing and use a skill to even get the bonus. And that's not even getting into the ludicrous advantage of LKali's Active Skill, or that being Light is almost always better than being Blue.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 10, 2015

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Superschaf posted:

You are right. I thought of the 2 SBR of I&I but somehow still miscalculated.

I'm mostly looking at Lumiel since I actually have her and I don't see myself using her. Her board change goes the best with Durga, but I think Durga is really poor as a leader to begin with. Durga doesn't have any SBR herself, so running Lumiel you have pretty much given up on getting 100% SBR (unless you run like Loki, Castor, DKali and if you have a DKali you probably have a better rainbow leader to use). On other dark leads Haku is just superior.

Granted it isn't skill bind immune, but if I had Durga I'd probably run Durga+Lumiel/DKali/Persephone which would give you two perfect boards and would be pretty sick. Not sure how I feel about Haku vs Lumiel on some other dark teams, but I'm pretty sure that not everybody has an optimal number of skilled up AHakus, and it's not an argument against something as a starter that it isn't better than literally every other sub on those teams.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'd have a hard time telling someone to reroll an Ariel for example, considering she's basically a super-duper Athena once you get her Ultimate.

poo poo, didn't even think of Ariel*Athena. There's not a lot of good light attackers, though. Most of the good obtainable Athena subs are God type, but she'd be an excellent sub on an Athena team + Athena+Ariel/Ult.Valk/???/??? would be such a good start (somewhat difficult to get the fatty to make, though).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheQuietWilds posted:

poo poo, didn't even think of Ariel*Athena. There's not a lot of good light attackers, though. Most of the good obtainable Athena subs are God type, but she'd be an excellent sub on an Athena team + Athena+Ariel/Ult.Valk/???/??? would be such a good start (somewhat difficult to get the fatty to make, though).

Yeah, working with Athena could carry you through all the early game stuff even without particular optimal subs, but making that jump from 'okay' subs to 'optimal' subs would be pretty rough. But again, just a starter leader, by the time you're looking at making a Super Valk, hopefully you've got some other stuff to work with as well. I dunno if Ariel could find a place in any late game teams or not though, but you never know what leaders will be popular by the time you get that far.

Also don't forget though that Ariel's 3x applies regardless of attribute or type, so you could even pair with Light/Red leaders as well. AShiva friends would work pretty well in the early to mid game as an example. Doesn't have to be particularly optimal when you've got 1700 ATK, 3xTPA, and HP and RCV multipliers to work with.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Butt Discussin posted:

I'm curious: how many of the end-game players around here who Ra or Bastet everything play on tablets vs little phone screens?

I run bastet playing on an LG3 phone screen, although I don't know how that screen size compares to others. *and* I can do diagonals pretty consistently :colbert: not that that helps when I still combo stupidly sometimes. I'll probably run z
aerog again until I can do it without stoning. Plus I hadn't even considered him as a DMeta sub. I think I can actually put together a pretty decent DMeta team, now that I think about it.

Edit: how does DMeta/zaerog/AHaku (eventually)/Devil Haku/Hanzo/DMeta sound? I also have a D/R Persephone and DIza I could slot in for purposes.

scorpiobean fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 10, 2015

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Holy poo poo why is the FF dungeon kicking my rear end so badly. For some reason I cannot do Mythical no matter what team I use even though it's straightforward with no real gimmicks.

Should have just farmed KotG instead

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TheQuietWilds posted:

Oh yeah, thanks. For some reason I was thinking of AHaku's materials, who requires Xuanzang.

EDIT:

The next team I'm considering working on, looking at it, will be U&Y+Famiel/???/AIsis/Awoken I&I where ??? could be Muse, Sun Quan, BlOdin, Ars Paulina or Hera-Is.

U&Y sounds great in theory, but he just does not put out enough damage to be competitive in todays meta. Famiel and the U&Y super evo will help but I am skeptical as to how much.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 10, 2015

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Welp never mind, bitching in the thread worked. Same team of AParvati/Vishnu/Sasuke/GZL/Verdandi/Verdandi.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

What I'd actually like to see added to the OP is a little blurb about rolling outside of a Godfest. It's so easy to get a huge pile of stones in the maximum of 2 weeks between Godfests that it's not really worth rerolling a billion times.

I want to play but it's not a Godfest

Godfests happen about every two weeks and there are certain monsters that are only available during Godfests. If you're tired of rerolling and don't want to wait, go for it. Just do it smart.

See if you can get a decent monster with your free roll. Most with the "God" type can be useful at some point. There are also a bunch of monsters that are terrible starters but make fantastic late game leaders. Consider those. Or just pick the coolest looking thing you pull.

Don't spend any money.

Play the game. Use your starter dragon. Save all the free stones you get from clearing dungeons and free gifts in the mail. Clear dungeons, rank up, practice making combos.

Don't spend any money.

Use all those free stones when the next Godfest happens. Hopefully you'll get a good leader. If you don't, start rerolling. It'll be during a Godfest so hopefully it will be a lot less painful.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I just unlocked the first technical dungeon, should I finish it asap or just do it whenever?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Hi I could use more Bastet friends over at 387275311

I only got harmonycatte for now but I'm almost at bestcatte.

I also manage my mom's account and she could use more Verdandi and similar leads over at 386078311. She mostly just runs dungeons at random and plays bejeweled, but she still has fun. (Except that time she unwittingly stumbled into Z8 and was plastered on floor 1)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I'm a loving idiot. Underestimated the hp that the Devilit had left. Wanted to conserve actives and thought I could finish him off with a 6 combo and the 3 fire orbs I had.

Didn't work. Wasn't enough damage. Got one shotted.

The tilt is real right now. Ok gently caress this dumb no dupes dungeon. I'm taking my ball and going to go do Hera Rush.

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

GoodBee posted:

What I'd actually like to see added to the OP is a little blurb about rolling outside of a Godfest. It's so easy to get a huge pile of stones in the maximum of 2 weeks between Godfests that it's not really worth rerolling a billion times.

I want to play but it's not a Godfest

Godfests happen about every two weeks and there are certain monsters that are only available during Godfests. If you're tired of rerolling and don't want to wait, go for it. Just do it smart.

See if you can get a decent monster with your free roll. Most with the "God" type can be useful at some point. There are also a bunch of monsters that are terrible starters but make fantastic late game leaders. Consider those. Or just pick the coolest looking thing you pull.

Don't spend any money.

Play the game. Use your starter dragon. Save all the free stones you get from clearing dungeons and free gifts in the mail. Clear dungeons, rank up, practice making combos.

Don't spend any money.

Use all those free stones when the next Godfest happens. Hopefully you'll get a good leader. If you don't, start rerolling. It'll be during a Godfest so hopefully it will be a lot less painful.

Honestly gonna demoralize a lot of people if you tell em to play for 2 weeks then reroll if they get lovely RNG, but on the other hand rerolling out of a godfest is also demoralizing so v:smuggo:v

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

Artificer posted:

I'm a loving idiot. Underestimated the hp that the Devilit had left. Wanted to conserve actives and thought I could finish him off with a 6 combo and the 3 fire orbs I had.

The tilt is real right now. Ok gently caress this dumb no dupes dungeon. I'm taking my ball and going to go do Hera Rush.

I got it with A Ra/Ra Dragon combo.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sirbloody posted:

I just unlocked the first technical dungeon, should I finish it asap or just do it whenever?

Tech dungeons start off slightly easier than the next unlockable normal dungeon, so if you're having trouble with Tower of Flare try running through Fertile Land some.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Artificer posted:

Why would you care about conserving actives? You have 5 turns to stall on Raphael.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Why would you care about conserving actives? You have 5 turns to stall on Raphael.

Oh right. Oh god.

:negative:

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I've got two Hakus, one is awoken the other is ready to be uevoed, should I make that one awoken as well? Is there a reason to make the second D/D? I've got A yomi so I could make the z8/z8/a haku/a haku super team.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

pankus posted:

I've got two Hakus, one is awoken the other is ready to be uevoed, should I make that one awoken as well? Is there a reason to make the second D/D?

Only if you really need the Devil typing.

I'd probably go with making them both Awoken, assuming you have the Piis/orbs to max-skill both of them.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
One's TPAs (Awoken), one's Rows (D/D).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

pankus posted:

I've got A yomi

Don't even think twice about it. Awaken Haku and join the Yomi crew.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Awaken all gods.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
awaken most gods

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Do A.Yomi teams do more damage overall than Bastet/Shiva?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

cheezit posted:

Generally a lot more damage than Bastet if you can fully activate, but at the cost of also being a lot more difficult to use. And you're almost required to fully skill up a Z8 to make it work which is No Fun At All.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

cheezit posted:

Shiva: 20.25 multiplier
Bastet: 36 multiplier
Yomi: 56.25 multiplier

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Gave today's Woodpy to A.Parvati instead of Verdandi because at least Verd has a skillup mon I could conceivably farm up.

Having said that, I need A.Parvati buddies. (321,172,302) I have a ton of Verd friends, which I don't technically need because I am in a triangle with two other Verd-havers, and for some reason most all of you also run BestCatte, but I only see one Parvati consistently (thanks, Ntrik!)

I would've just beaten Endless Corridors (yes, the first one, I haven't Got Gud yet) with Parv/Verd/Verd/GZL/G/R Cu Chu/A.Parv except I forgot to activate GZL for the attack boost to one-shot Zeus at the end.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Paul Zuvella posted:

Shiva: 20.25 multiplier
Bastet: 36 multiplier
Yomi: 56.25 multiplier

Can't argue with math. Wonder why it seems my A.Shiva team can do damage my Bastet team can't.

Also, gently caress skilling up Z8.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

cheezit posted:

Can't argue with math. Wonder why it seems my A.Shiva team can do damage my Bastet team can't.

Maybe you have more TPAs on Shiva.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

cheezit posted:

Higher attack on the shiva subs maybe

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
0/10 on Gadius today. FML

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shiva himself in particular is way stronger than Bastet. Shiva is 1902 ATK + 2xTPA, Bastet is 1357 ATK + 1xTPA. Also Shiva is based entirely around combo count + attribute and caps at 6 Combo. Bastet requires combo count + attribute + active skill and caps at 7 combo. If you aren't using an active skill, Bastet is capped at 16x at the very best.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 10, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Shiva himself in particular is way stronger than Bastet. Shiva is 1902 ATK + 2xTPA, Bastet is 1357 ATK + 1xTPA. Also Shiva is based entirely around combo count + attribute and caps at 6 Combo. Bastet requires combo count + attribute + active skill and caps at 7 combo. If you aren't using an active skill, Bastet is capped at 16x at the very best.

I just did a quick test, and given the same combo (1 on-color 4-orb combo + 6 off-color combos), my +297 Bastet narrowly beats out my +297 Shiva, 500K damage to 450K damage. Of course, as you mentioned, that requires a skill activation for Bastet, and Shiva only requires 6 combos to hit his full leader skill.

Also, my Awoken Yomi beats the pants off of both of them, doing around 800K damage with 1 on-color 5-orb combo + 6 off-color combos.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Ha! Endless corridors complete. Well, the first one, anyway. Dropped Cu Chu for Echidna, which made things simpler at the end.

Am I correct in saying that this means I could beat KotG now, since it's basically the last 10 floors of Endless?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wylie posted:

Ha! Endless corridors complete. Well, the first one, anyway. Dropped Cu Chu for Echidna, which made things simpler at the end.

Am I correct in saying that this means I could beat KotG now, since it's basically the last 10 floors of Endless?

I think you'll have an easier time. Endless Zeus has more HP. Actually looks like they have the same HP. I must be thinking of something else. You also don't have to deal with the last 6 floor gauntlet.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Kuros posted:

0/10 on Gadius today. FML

Yeah after going 0/10 on my RGY earlier today, I am going to hold off feeding my gold keepers to Gadius until we get 2.5x skill-up, which hopefully should happen before mats change again.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

I just did a quick test, and given the same combo (1 on-color 4-orb combo + 6 off-color combos), my +297 Bastet narrowly beats out my +297 Shiva, 500K damage to 450K damage. Of course, as you mentioned, that requires a skill activation for Bastet, and Shiva only requires 6 combos to hit his full leader skill.

Also, my Awoken Yomi beats the pants off of both of them, doing around 800K damage with 1 on-color 5-orb combo + 6 off-color combos.

Yeah I was just talking in terms of Shiva's base stats + TPAs, as far as him being stronger. LS and total damage wise, it's as you say. Bastet's LS multiplier at only 5 Combo + Activation is the same multiplier as Shiva's max multiplier.

Yomi really just murders poo poo whenever you can activate him fully. All those +Orb awakenings on top of the bigger multiplier, so much damage without a need for Prongs or anything. Also have to say, I've been using Sirius as a sub and I really like him a lot on that team, despite his useless awakenings.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yomi really just murders poo poo whenever you can activate him fully.

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah I was just talking in terms of Shiva's base stats + TPAs, as far as him being stronger. LS and total damage wise, it's as you say. Bastet's LS multiplier at only 5 Combo + Activation is the same multiplier as Shiva's max multiplier.

Yomi really just murders poo poo whenever you can activate him fully. All those +Orb awakenings on top of the bigger multiplier, so much damage without a need for Prongs or anything. Also have to say, I've been using Sirius as a sub and I really like him a lot on that team, despite his useless awakenings.

The combo leaders are different enough. Shiva is on the weaker side but he's also easier to use and so on.

Red: Shiva - Needs prongs to hit hard. Easy to use.
Green: Bastet - Needs to use active skills to keep the damage up.
Blue: lol! I guess Orochi counts.
Dark: Yomi - Match-5 requirement (reduces the number of available prongs/rows).
Light: Sakuya - Has to match four colors and combo hard.

So all the popular combo leaders (yes, A.Sakuya is a hybrid, whatever) have their niche.

• Locked thread