Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
As far as we know the RICHARDS :doom: family is simply gone in ANAD and will come back from whatever happened at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

As far as we know the RICHARDS :doom: family is simply gone in ANAD and will come back from whatever happened at some point.

Like when Fox sells the film rights to Disney?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What is ANAD? I've been trying to keep up with Secret Wars, but it's the busy season at work and I've not had much time for comic reading.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

10 Beers posted:

What is ANAD? I've been trying to keep up with Secret Wars, but it's the busy season at work and I've not had much time for comic reading.

All new, all different.

It's the world created post secret - wars.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What? LOL, that's one way to deal with not owning the movie rights, I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shitshow posted:

What? LOL, that's one way to deal with not owning the movie rights, I guess.

It has nothing to do with the movie rights because Ben and Johnny are still around and so is Doom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

None as far as I know. I have no idea where the Val is 14-15 post Battleworld is coming from at all.

Well, it would be a good idea. 3 yo Val is the stupidest goddamn thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Well, it would be a good idea. 3 yo Val is the stupidest goddamn thing.

Not as stupid as her origin.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

X-O posted:

None as far as I know. I have no idea where the Val is 14-15 post Battleworld is coming from at all.

You see a statue of the FF when Peter shows off the Baxter Building to Johnny in Amazing Spider-Man #3, where she's about that age. Might be 12-13, what do I know about the female body development of supergenius teens in Comic books.

Decius fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 10, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
First of, break the tables much?

Secondly, not entirely conclusive. She certainly seems noticeably older than Franklin, which suggests it's deliberate, but on the other hand, we've established that a lot of artists can do babies and people from age 25-40, and nothing outside of that, so....

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Decius posted:

You see a statue of the FF when Peter shows off the Baxter Building to Johnny in Amazing Spider-Man #3, where she's about that age. Might be 12-13, what do I know about the female body development of supergenius teens in Comic books.

Franklin has some kind of growth-hormone deficiency or something? Or is Val going to grow up to be seven feet tall? He's the older child still, isn't he?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm just gonna assume Alicia doesn't actually know how old Val is.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

prefect posted:

Franklin has some kind of growth-hormone deficiency or something?

Considering who his dad is I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this were true due to some experimentation, either by himself, his sister, or his father.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Decius posted:

Is Peter a multimillionaire now?

That won't last.

But yeah, artists have drawn Val looking like that when she's meant to be 3 before a fair few times.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 10, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Is Peter a multimillionaire now?

That won't last.

But yeah, artists have drawn Val looking like that when she's meant to be 3 before a fair few times.

Sort of. Pete himself apparently only makes middle-management money, but his company is apparently outperforming Stark and is the go-to for SHIELD gadgets and such, as well as having offices in Tokyo, New York and many other cities, so yes, he's doing well as of ANAD.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Val built her own time machine, she's exactly as old as she wants to be. Notice how she looks before she built it:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe it's a super-smartness thing, like how Amadeus Cho can win fights because he can see the math and get out of the way or whatever. Val is so smart she can change her age at will.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

With the new images from the Dr Strange set I'm reminded of how much of a prick he was before he busted up his hands and got all enlightened in deepest Asia

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm worried that audiences will just see him as a wizard version of Tony Stark.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The difference is that Dr. Strange is supposed to have left 99% of his dickishness behind. Based on the casting I doubt that'll be the case for the movie version, so yeah, it might seem redundant.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

prefect posted:

Maybe it's a super-smartness thing, like how Amadeus Cho can win fights because he can see the math and get out of the way or whatever. Val is so smart she can change her age at will.

I actually really like the explanation of she spends so much time bouncing around the time stream that she's effectively aging faster than she should be, because she spends a day or two in another time stream petting dinosaurs for every day she spends in the regular 616 universe.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Mover posted:

With the new images from the Dr Strange set I'm reminded of how much of a prick he was before he busted up his hands and got all enlightened in deepest Asia

I like how smug he looks about that checking account line. As if anybody reading his mind at that moment and assuming he'd deposit it in savings or something just got burnt bad.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I realize that page is probably from a long time ago, but I like to imagine that it's modern day and Strange was just the sort of enormous tool who would light up a cigarette on his way out of the operating room and rely on his ridiculous prestige to carry him over any problems.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
"Dr. Strange this is no smoking!"
"Sorry, I forgot to check the sign":smug:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Archyduke posted:

I like how smug he looks about that checking account line. As if anybody reading his mind at that moment and assuming he'd deposit it in savings or something just got burnt bad.
That line has been cracking me up all afternoon. Like, what the hell difference does it make, Steve?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Stephen Strange don't give a HONK about investing for the future. Zero percent interest on chequing balance? Who cares! It's just going up his nose anyhow!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Majuju posted:

Stephen Strange don't give a HONK about investing for the future. Zero percent interest on chequing balance? Who cares! It's just going up his nose anyhow!

That's Doctor Stephen Strange. He didn't go through six years of medical school to be called "mister". (Or to not be called "doctor", I guess.)

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
My name is Doctor Stephen Strange MD.

If someone got the people from Garth Morenghis darkplace to do the voices for the film it'd be spectacular.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
He only made five figures on that surgery. Come on, that's practically being a philantrophist these days and doing it pro-bono.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

bunnyofdoom posted:

He only made five figures on that surgery. Come on, that's practically being a philantrophist these days and doing it pro-bono.

That's five figures at "you can still smoke in hospitals year" money. Doctor Strange is basically Don Draper.

I'd like to buy the world an Eye of Agamotto...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

My name is Doctor Stephen Strange MD.

If someone got the people from Garth Morenghis darkplace to do the voices for the film it'd be spectacular.

Reading those panels in Matt Berry's voice is pretty great.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Archyduke posted:

It makes me think of Coach Z going, "You're a real MC! A master of ceremonies!" and thinking it's the funniest thing ever.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Archyduke posted:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

muscles like this? posted:

Reading those panels in Matt Berry's voice is pretty great.

Thanks a bunch, now I'm imagining Matt Berry for Shuma-Gorath.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

KayTee posted:

All new, all different.

It's the world created post secret - wars.

Well poo poo. I didn't even know Secret Wars was over. Is there a handy place to find a list of all the new titles?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Secret Wars isnt over due to a few delays, but all the current non-secret wars books are post-secret wars.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

Well poo poo. I didn't even know Secret Wars was over. Is there a handy place to find a list of all the new titles?
It's not. There are still 3 more issues.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Wikipedia

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Say Nothing posted:

Valeria Richards is supposed to be how old now?

THREE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's supposed to be 4.

But she was 4 when Battleworld was formed 8 years ago.:iiam:

Secret Wars #7 of 8.