Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Non-PPR was just offered:
Eddie Lacy
Jarvis Landry

For my
Frank Gore
Ronnie Hillman

Starting I have:
Lamar Miller
LaGarrette Blount
Randall Cobb
Dez Bryant
Brandon LaFell

Bench:
Frank Gore
Ronnie Hillman
Tavon Austin
Marvin Jones
Stevie Johnson

Before Dion Lewis got injured, I would have taken Gore for Landry alone. Now, not so sure. Lacy to Hillman is fair as neither of them is startable at this point. If I take this trade and one of my other RBs gets injured I may be forced to start Lacy or Starks (pick him off WW).

Really, I see this as a fair trade but it would have been more desireable a week ago. I need to win this week and I will get into playoffs (last game is against a dud team) and Gore is on Bye.

So, will Landry outperform LaFell this week? Will Landry outperform Gore going forward?

Also, was considering trying to pawn off Dalton week 12 for an RB1/2 and ride my dreamboat Tony Romo to fantasy victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antrodemus
Mar 8, 2002
Should I drop James Jones for Davante Adams? Not sure what direction to go with the GB offense but it seems Adams will be getting more targets going forward.

Additionally, what does Luck's injury do to T.Y. Hilton going forward? Seems like he was 'eh' when Hasselbeck was in previously.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Sataere posted:

Once you became a multi-billion dollar corporation, you should've immediately begun contributing significantly to every major politician you could. If they get themselves banned, it'll be their own damned fault. :v:

DISRUPTIVE GAMBLING

ITS A SKILL AH BLOO BLOO BLOO

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm in a tough bind. Should I start Watkins over Willie Snead and Karlos Williams? Or sit him because Thursday game/Revis Island...

My other 2 WR starters are AJ Green and Amari Cooper.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

GZA Genius posted:

I'm in a tough bind. Should I start Watkins over Willie Snead and Karlos Williams? Or sit him because Thursday game/Revis Island...

My other 2 WR starters are AJ Green and Amari Cooper.

ARob just put up 120 yards on the Jets. Is Tyrod to Watkins worse than Bortles to ARob?

That's not much of an answer, but I think it's a fair sign that the Revis Jets aren't as scary as they were against WRs.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Palmer @ sea or Eli v NE this week?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The real lovely thing about this year is that a lot of double WR strategies in your first two picks were pretty sound, it's just that RB performances seem to be especially hard to predict this year. Whoever speculated on Freeman going into week 2 basically won their league as Coleman was going to be the starter and majority runner. A ton of guys who seemed like safe yard churners blow, like Hill and Lacy, Anderson predictably regressed.

I mean RB is just a total crapshoot this year and it kinda sucks how much it's deciding my league at least. Next year I'm using all my bench picks on RBs.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I remember at the start of the season most people feeling they were locked in. Like if you wanted RBs, you had to pick Peterson, Lacy, or Anderson because the next tier was like a significant step down. So strange how it works out.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I feel sorry for anyone that spent a top 5 pick on CJ Anderson. I didn't know that was even a thing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My league drafted one week into the season. :v:

It's been nice and maybe we might do it next year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RBX posted:

My league drafted one week into the season. :v:

It's been nice and maybe we might do it next year.

LAME

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
16 team dynasty league w/ IDPs. Following trade just went down.

Pralines And Dick gave up:
Ryan, Matt ATL QB
Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Pralines And Dick
Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Six Guns and Beer Runs

Your Phone's for Footballin gave up:
Brees, Drew NOS QB
Ertz, Zach PHI TE

Guess which team is in "win-now" mode?

Admittedly I'm kinda salty because I'm playing the first team this week, and I lost to the second team 2 weeks ago when Brees had his big 45 point game. So now I have to face someone with Brees twice this year :argh:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Professor Moriarty posted:

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB
Ertz, Zach PHI TE

Admittedly I'm kinda salty because I'm playing the first team this week, and I lost to the second team 2 weeks ago when Brees had his big 45 point game. So now I have to face someone with Brees twice this year :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZBMH3VOfI

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Doltos posted:

The real lovely thing about this year is that a lot of double WR strategies in your first two picks were pretty sound, it's just that RB performances seem to be especially hard to predict this year. Whoever speculated on Freeman going into week 2 basically won their league as Coleman was going to be the starter and majority runner. A ton of guys who seemed like safe yard churners blow, like Hill and Lacy, Anderson predictably regressed.

I mean RB is just a total crapshoot this year and it kinda sucks how much it's deciding my league at least. Next year I'm using all my bench picks on RBs.

I went WR-WR and picked Dez/Cobb. My 3rd-5th round picks were also mostly busts. I drafted Tony Romo as my quarterback. Luckily a lot of other teams imploded and waivers reset in reverse order every week so I'm still playoff eligible. My team has been carried by Dalton and Blount. If I win this week, i have a very high chance of making it.

Next year will be same strat WR-WR and then RBs until you hit roster max.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Professor Moriarty posted:

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB
Ertz, Zach PHI TE

I'm shocked she traded away one of her precious Falcons. Nothing wrong with that trade, though, IMO.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Zypher posted:

I'm shocked she traded away one of her precious Falcons. Nothing wrong with that trade, though, IMO.

She's definitely learning. Besides, she still has Devonta Freeman... who she sat on her bench for the first 6 weeks of this season.

Still can't wrap my head around the idea of trading 2 3rds along with a young half-decent QB for Brees, though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This year has taught me that draft picks are basically garbage, though. I'm dumping one or two players every single week and none of my teams have more than maybe half the guys I drafted at this point. I'd far rather have a known quantity than a draft pick.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Doltos posted:

That was my team after week one. Of the 7 RBs I drafted, 6 of them ended up being playable. Of the 5 WRs I drafted, none of them ended up being playable. By the halfway point of the season, I was able to trade Chris Johnson / Ronnie Hillman (both taken way late) for Jarvis Landry and Mike Evans, and got Willie Snead and Stefon Diggs off waivers.

I think I came to the same conclusion you did, though. The lesson that I took out of this team is that it's worth it to just draft a playable starting team and then fill it with a bunch of RBs, since bench RBs are the most likely to appreciate in value.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm a T-Mobile owner. Kinda nervous about playing him on a Thursday night game. These guys are available:

Mariota vs. Carolina
Bradford vs. Miami
Cutler @ St. Louis
Alex Smith @ Denver
Fitzpatrick vs. Buffalo (also TNF)
Cousins vs. New Orleans

Any of these a better option this week?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If those are your options I'd hail Captain Kirk. Brandon Weeden is literally the only QB to not put up over 18 fantasy points against NOLA. Even he threw for ~250 yards, but just one TD. They've given up 5 straight weeks of ~300 yards or more (Matty Ice 295) and 7 out of 9 games.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 11, 2015

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I actually like Cousins this week, but Tyrod going forward. Not sure what your bench looks like.

General thoughts as to RBs to target in trade in exchange for Hopkins? Evans? Hurns? With Lewis out my RBs are Lacy and Duke Johnson. :(

e: standard scoring

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Is it me or has the Jets D not been very good the last few weeks?

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
Was just offered Eddie Lacy and Stefon Diggs for Lamar Miller.

What should I do?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mister ginger posted:

Was just offered Eddie Lacy and Stefon Diggs for Lamar Miller.

What should I do?

hit reject

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Captain Kirk it is!!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Zypher posted:

Tell that to a no rb owner that went Dez -> Megatron this year

This was me, except I had the sense to pick up Ivory in round 9 this year haha

I also drafted Lacy 1st overall :smithicide:

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I picked up Joseph Randle and Ameer Abdullah as my RB1/RB2.

I somehow have the most points scored in my league. RBs are overrated?

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I've got Julio, Demaryius, Allen Robinson, Megatron and Stevie at WR, but only Ivory, L Murray and Rawls at RB.

Which WR should I trade and who should I be aiming to trade them for, bearing in mind I'm definitely in our week 15-17 playoffs? Standard league. Thomas seems the best to trade due to schedule but it's really selling low on him... No-one seems interested much in Stevie.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, I know you would all be worried if I didn't offer any lovely fantasy advice this week but I will be in Costa Rica with limited wifi access. I wish you all the best and may the ACL gods be kind to your team.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MrSargent posted:

Hey guys, I know you would all be worried if I didn't offer any lovely fantasy advice this week but I will be in Costa Rica with limited wifi access. I wish you all the best and may the ACL gods be kind to your team.

I will take your place; I already got started earlier advising a goon to start Carr over Brady and Cam :catdrugs:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

The Aguamoose posted:

I've got Julio, Demaryius, Allen Robinson, Megatron and Stevie at WR, but only Ivory, L Murray and Rawls at RB.

Which WR should I trade and who should I be aiming to trade them for, bearing in mind I'm definitely in our week 15-17 playoffs? Standard league. Thomas seems the best to trade due to schedule but it's really selling low on him... No-one seems interested much in Stevie.

This is the problem I've found in my league. No one trades for the dude with a no name like Allen Robinson despite him being a solid WR1. I don't think Thomas is a low sell, he has put up great points without scoring any TDs.

Trades all depend on the composition of the teams In your league. You need to find someone who is deep at RB and could use a WR. Then come back to us and tell us the details.

I see this over and over and I have been guilty of it too but it is impossible to propose trades for people when we have no insight into the teams in your league. Maybe I'll do a write up on how to trade or ask trade advice. I went from 1 trade total in my league last year to having executed 5 this year. Trades are the one topic where you reply can't provide too much detail, unlike sit/start.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

old dog child posted:

I will take your place; I already got started earlier advising a goon to start Carr over Brady and Cam :catdrugs:

My man! :hfive:

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006

MrSargent posted:

This is the problem I've found in my league. No one trades for the dude with a no name like Allen Robinson despite him being a solid WR1. I don't think Thomas is a low sell, he has put up great points without scoring any TDs.

Trades all depend on the composition of the teams In your league. You need to find someone who is deep at RB and could use a WR. Then come back to us and tell us the details.

I see this over and over and I have been guilty of it too but it is impossible to propose trades for people when we have no insight into the teams in your league. Maybe I'll do a write up on how to trade or ask trade advice. I went from 1 trade total in my league last year to having executed 5 this year. Trades are the one topic where you reply can't provide too much detail, unlike sit/start.

Cheers, and sorry for the lack of detail. Well, the best trade candidate, who is open to trades but will never 's guest any, has:

Miller, Lacy, Gore, Charmander, Antonio Andrews, Vereen at RB and Marshall, Cooper and Cruz at WR. He doesn't really have any other team needs I can include in the deal save maybe the Jets D as he currently has the Steelers. I'm thinking Thomas for Gore, or Stevie for Andrews... But feel I might be overpaying for the former and underpaying for the latter.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Bo

The Aguamoose posted:

Cheers, and sorry for the lack of detail. Well, the best trade candidate, who is open to trades but will never 's guest any, has:

Miller, Lacy, Gore, Charmander, Antonio Andrews, Vereen at RB and Marshall, Cooper and Cruz at WR. He doesn't really have any other team needs I can include in the deal save maybe the Jets D as he currently has the Steelers. I'm thinking Thomas for Gore, or Stevie for Andrews... But feel I might be overpaying for the former and underpaying for the latter.

I don't like the Gore trade as much because Luck is gone and teams will be stacking the box more with Hasselback under center.

Stevie is also going to put up more points than Andrews ROS I feel but if you aren't starting Stevie, that's not a terrible trade. I would aim for Charmander though if you can.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
Thanks for the second opinion, much appreciated.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So Fanduel is now illegal in NY (where I live). I still have FDP points or whatever they're called remaining. It just let me use them to enter a contest. If I win money, will they just tell me to gently caress off, or what?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

RCarr posted:

So Fanduel is now illegal in NY (where I live). I still have FDP points or whatever they're called remaining. It just let me use them to enter a contest. If I win money, will they just tell me to gently caress off, or what?

If it's anything like when online poker got shut down, they sent a check of your remaining balance...eventually. They might just need a few days to cancel entries like yours, who knows. I did hear of quite a few people who never got their checks from pokerstars so I would consider any money you get back from them to be a bonus.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Sit/Start thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751071

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

If it's anything like when online poker got shut down, they sent a check of your remaining balance...eventually. They might just need a few days to cancel entries like yours, who knows. I did hear of quite a few people who never got their checks from pokerstars so I would consider any money you get back from them to be a bonus.

Yeah I only had like $2 in my account so I'm not worried about that. I'm just wondering if I should use my remaining "FanDuel Points" which is a bonus they give you for entering contests with actual money. I guess it can't hurt to use them this week, so here's to hoping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
The gambler in me wants to make an offer for Lacy (probably Diggs or Evans), but he has looked loving terrible. If there's a buy low point for him, surely its now, right?

• Locked thread