Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Al! posted:

it was a major triumph when i finally tracked down the soundtrack to afterlife, the lucasarts sim game nobody else seems to have played

What's there to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I'm waiting for the console goty release that is somehow more buggy than 1.0

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Liver Disaster posted:

dork soles 3 has a cloth map and costs too much
so ofc i want it

when does it come out

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Al! posted:

it was a major triumph when i finally tracked down the soundtrack to afterlife, the lucasarts sim game nobody else seems to have played

oh man, I really dug that game back in the day. heaven & hell sim city, gently caress yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

scamtank posted:

fallout 4 status

- my god how can something this simple need this much from the hardware
- my god the shoot feel has finally improved, even if it's from "unacceptably bad Oblivion total conversion" to "shaky like Bioshock"
- not too impressed with the return to "+20% damage, rank 1/5" perks
- constantly running into little rough edges in the UI that were designed console first
- the most major upgrade so far seems to be the user experience of looting houses and gunshot victims

rummaging through a room has the pace of rummaging through drawers instead of waiting for locker animations to complete and inventory screens to load and all of the useless crap cluttering the place is actually potentially useful if you know how. i mean this falls flat if it turns out crafting is a pointless waste of time, but this is a huge thing for a pile of bethesda. you don't spend your time training yourself to pick out the actual items from between the inert heavy 1gp editor props anymore

why does bethesda keep doing console focused uis when the console versions are usually so bad

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

why does bethesda keep doing console focused uis when the console versions are usually so bad

because PC players will put up with a console interface but not the other way around

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Skyrim Sales by Platform
XBox 360 59 %
Playstation 3 27 %
PC 14 %

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
dogmeat is loving hardcore he just bit another dog's head off

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

why does bethesda keep doing games when they are usually so bad

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bethesda games are always bad, no usually about it

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fallout 4 engine speed is directly tied to frame rate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

they asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Clockwerk posted:

they asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Clockwerk posted:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
just fell through the world, love you bethesda

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That last boss in undertale is good thanks Everdraed

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

scamtank posted:

fallout 4 status

iirc the main issue is "god rays", which in a funny twist cannot be disabled unless you specifically select the "low" options setting

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ugh cant rebind so many keys in fo4. gently caress you Bethesda

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
how could you people have expected anything remotely approaching acceptability from fallout 4?

is pattern recognition some sort of rare ability?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
when do the mod tools come out

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A Yolo Wizard posted:

That last boss in undertale is good thanks Everdraed

That's not even his final form. Seriously.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Skyrim Sales by Platform
XBox 360 59 %
Playstation 3 27 %
PC 14 %

jfc people are bad + stupid

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

quote:

Skyrim Load Times
Average XBox load time 48 seconds
Average Playstation 3 load time 34 seconds

ficking lol, the LONGEST load time on pc i ever had was like 20 second

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

mad.radhu posted:

Fallout 4 engine speed is directly tied to frame rate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s
cool i wonder if this means you can trick jump ye old quake style

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

jfc people are bad + stupid

Maybe they just couldn't afford a console?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe they just couldn't afford a console?

i understand if people cant afford it but only 14 percent of people who bought skyrim could afford a decent gaming pc? i doubt that

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Skyrim Sales by Platform
XBox 360 59 %
Playstation 3 27 %
PC 14 %

PC numbers probably only count retail sales because valve never gives out sales info

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

computer parts posted:

PC numbers probably only count retail sales because valve never gives out sales info

in that case 14 percent of people better have a drat good excuse like no internet access (or rly bad internet) :colbert:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

scamtank posted:

fallout 4 status

- my god the shoot feel has finally improved, even if it's from "unacceptably bad Oblivion total conversion" to "shaky like Bioshock"
- not too impressed with the return to "+20% damage, rank 1/5" perks
- constantly running into little rough edges in the UI that were designed console first
- the most major upgrade so far seems to be the user experience of looting houses and gunshot victims

rummaging through a room has the pace of rummaging through drawers instead of waiting for locker animations to complete and inventory screens to load and all of the useless crap cluttering the place is actually potentially useful if you know how. i mean this falls flat if it turns out crafting is a pointless waste of time, but this is a huge thing for a pile of bethesda. you don't spend your time training yourself to pick out the actual items from between the inert heavy 1gp editor props anymore

the container looting in the game is seriously refreshing. i know that sounds ridiculous but as an unashamed bethesda fangirl that one feature alone will make it hard to go back to older fallouts/elder scrolls

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gently caress, I got my wife hooked on fallout and now i can't play it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You monster

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
15 of 19 people in my friends list currently playing games on steam are playing fallout 4. what the gently caress is wrong with you people, half of them read this thread and should know better, lol you paid 60 dollars, at least until the first patch

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
its $100 NZD on steam hahah

dream on bethesda

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

the container looting in the game is seriously refreshing. i know that sounds ridiculous but as an unashamed bethesda fangirl that one feature alone will make it hard to go back to older fallouts/elder scrolls

considering how bad the looting is in fo3/nv/skyrim it had better have been improved

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

iirc the main issue is "god rays", which in a funny twist cannot be disabled unless you specifically select the "low" options setting

it's easy, just dive deep into the config settings and decompiled resource packages to control individual

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Notorious QIG posted:

it's true the looting is great

also I led like 3 raiders into a landmine trap and watched all their severed limbs roll down the staircase I was hiding beside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you pick up a severed leg the knee will still bend so you can make it dance a severed leg jig

• Locked thread