Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Moldy Taxes posted:

Does sending your airship out on a venture prohibit you from using it to go to the Diadem?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidgy
May 22, 2010
HELP EMERGENCY I RAID IN 2 HOURS I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GAME INSTALLED

I REINSTALLED THE GAME AND NOTHING WORKS what do the codes mean help help help please

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I need Alphinaud's drawings of naked Y'sthola.

Also I can almost pass for Minfilia.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 11, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dastardly posted:

I need Alphinaud's drawings of naked Y'sthola.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/H627ux4.png

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
That dragoon in the background is being so incredibly sassy at that moment

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

If you're ready to submit to Diadem as your new God, we're starting a linkshell for goons who are dtd (down to diadem).

Send a tell to these people for an invite:

Kharagal Malqir
Lady Gaga
Very Nice
Miyako Tsuki
Lina Yeger
Ceraphi Ilyara
Botan Oshidari
Ashioki Hime
Celery Stalk
Da Qing
Ernest Heinlein
Big Pizza
Cosplay Pikachu
Agraya Glaston

We started in TPT so we'd ideally like a good chunk of people from all the free companies so don't be shy!

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 11, 2015

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hello Devs can you answer a simple question why the hell monk look like bard or mechanist in these new items is this a joke or mistake from you because you always half of items for monk give ugly and when you give somthing nice is not for us or is this some camouflage for bard and mechanist that they will look like male dps ????

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well I did both of the new dungeons and enjoyed them, despite taking like 5 attempts to clear the final boss of Pharos HM. The mechanics are neat, but some of them could use a little bit of explanation. Also, the blue bombs seemed to be a bit buggy as a couple of times they went in the opposite direction you would expect them to.

That said, new change pose rocks.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I know they upped the Light for Nexus massively but what about the dungeon drops for the final Zodiac step? Can't solo that poo poo. :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pierson posted:

I know they upped the Light for Nexus massively but what about the dungeon drops for the final Zodiac step? Can't solo that poo poo. :(

From what I understand it's now 100%.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Imagine I posted like, a whole row of that old woman with her eyes poppin' out.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So, the upper end of Diadem gear is.. quite high.

(For reference, the otherwise BiS Gordian Leggings are 94 Crit, 75 Piety)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is Guildwork broken for anyone else with the patch, or did I bugger something on my machine?

I need duty finder push notifications baaack :(

Maus
Apr 15, 2010

VAC ban(s) on record.
Has anyone seen any aetherial healing gear with accuracy on it? Please say something if you have :v

Squidgy
May 22, 2010
PROGRESS!

no seriously please help i know one of you has a dad that works for SE ask him what my codes mean please

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Maus posted:

Has anyone seen any aetherial healing gear with accuracy on it? Please say something if you have :v

Nope, I've got 4 pieces so far and see 7 total drop none with accuracy. I got this though which I'm pretty happy with for whm:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

quote:

[21:07]You have successfully charted a new course through the Sea of Clouds! You may now challenge the Diadem (Hard).

Third Party Tools is ready for action. :toot:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Sendo posted:

Nope, I've got 4 pieces so far and see 7 total drop none with accuracy. I got this though which I'm pretty happy with for whm:

Holy mackerel, that's miles better than any of the 210s I've seen drop thus far :captainpop:

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Is Guildwork broken for anyone else with the patch, or did I bugger something on my machine?
it breaks with every major patch, the guy said they're working on an update

Void Ark is fun and the healer robe looks cool

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Spell speed, piety, determination AND crit? :getin:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Emalde posted:

Third Party Tools is ready for action. :toot:

We still need like 4 people to do WORLD FIRST DIADEM HARD so log in and hit us the gently caress up, send a tell to Lady Gaga

We're full but hit us up if you want in the Diadem linkshell

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 11, 2015

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Spell speed, piety, determination AND crit? :getin:

Yeah this poo poo is pretty good, who needs any other content for gear now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Show us what it looks like.

I wanna see how silly you look with it on.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I hate you jerks

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Ciaphas posted:

I need duty finder push notifications baaack :(

Nah it's broken.

Separate, I hate how hard it is to find some of the quest triggers.

E: can someone with relatively low Ilvl come on the diadem stuff or whatever? Or is it ilvl restricted?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Show us what it looks like.

I wanna see how silly you look with it on.

So it's really weird, they start out being a glamour of low level armour but if you remove the glamour on them they turn into a different set. I think they are 3.0 crafted armour ?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kalenn Istarion posted:

E: can someone with relatively low Ilvl come on the diadem stuff or whatever? Or is it ilvl restricted?
You need a minimum average ilevel of 179.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Sendo posted:

So it's really weird, they start out being a glamour of low level armour but if you remove the glamour on them they turn into a different set. I think they are 3.0 crafted armour ?

Their initial glamour is random.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Come join the Diadem goon LS, we're in Hardmode now and oh jesus poo poo happens

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Dr Pepper posted:

You need a minimum average ilevel of 179.

Guess I need to get grinding then

Or not, and not care. I haven't decided which to do this time around.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Guess I need to get grinding then

Or not, and not care. I haven't decided which to do this time around.

If you can enter as i179 you can switch to whatever after you're there but everything is pretty tough so don't overextend yourself either.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Is FFXIV broken for anyone else? I'm trying to login but it keeps telling me it can't connect to PSN but PSN is working and it logs me in just fine.

(On Ps4)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
after doing ARR up to 2.55, and then HW at launch, with all of that content, and loving the story. Then diving into MSQ tonight.

gently caress you Square-Enix

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

PSA: for the love of god before signing up to do Diadem with TPT, do this loving quest first. Or just do it if you haven't done it because it's kind of important.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/ea31dd080c0/

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if the developers are ever going to get around to making the Recommendations window useful. You'd think they could show new unlocks for dungeons and stuff in there, but nope - it's only quests in the zone and dungeons you've already unlocked. I have no idea where you unlock any of the new stuff and it apparently isn't anywhere obvious. The Recommendations window would be perfect for showing them, but it's still just as useless as it was in 2.0.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Black Stones posted:

Is FFXIV broken for anyone else? I'm trying to login but it keeps telling me it can't connect to PSN but PSN is working and it logs me in just fine.

(On Ps4)

maintenance today for PSN supposedly

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Xenoveritas posted:

I wonder if the developers are ever going to get around to making the Recommendations window useful. You'd think they could show new unlocks for dungeons and stuff in there, but nope - it's only quests in the zone and dungeons you've already unlocked. I have no idea where you unlock any of the new stuff and it apparently isn't anywhere obvious. The Recommendations window would be perfect for showing them, but it's still just as useless as it was in 2.0.

While I completely agree that the Recommendations window is pretty drat useless, new quests are always listed very near the beginning of the patch notes, complete with where to pick them up and (often) what they unlock.

Also if you're responsible about cleaning out your old sidequests, it's easy enough to identify a new quest that has shown up with a patch (and which will presumably unlock something), by simple logic of "it's the only loving quest on the map".

That said:

MSQ: Fortemps Manor in Ishgard
Thordan Ex: Mor Dhona bar
Dungeon 1: Hinterlands, west side
Dungeon 2: Limsa, Maelstom area
Void Ark: Airship dock in Ishgard
Diadem: Also airship dock in Ishgard
Vanu dailies: Friendly Vanu camp in Sea of Clouds

Vil fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 11, 2015

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

On one hand, Diadem is neat. The rewards are nice and the mobs are gigantic and rad. I guess for people who really, really have their poo poo together it's going to be lucrative, though the lack of awesome cosmetic rewards like the old Allied Seal gear is disappointing.

On the other hand, gently caress Diadem. EDIT: Never mind I'm wrong. :v: See below.

That aside, the content in this patch is amazing. Both of the new dungeons are enormously fun, and Void Ark is this crazy loving fever-dream of a raid. If it's a prelude of what's to come with the raid series during this expansion, I can only imagine just how :catdrugs: it's going to get.

Vil posted:

Dungeon 2: Limsa, Maelstom area

Note on this: You need to have finished the first Pharos Sirius quest AND the immediate follow-up to it in Aleport.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 11, 2015

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mazed posted:

Note on this: You need to have finished the first Pharos Sirius quest AND the immediate follow-up to it in Aleport.

It amuses me how many ways people who skipped out on Pharos normal have inconvenienced themselves. Alas, this is likely the last time they'll do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Mazed posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Diadem. It's an awful throwback to old-school MMO design where the presence of people other than yourself and your party just means that what you're trying to do is going to become that much more of a pain in the rear end. The forced competition feels unnatural, and all this morning was this tangible sense of pure :smith: as people all across the zone were being friendly, calling out spawns and attempting to coordinate without realizing that only the first group to dive in was going to get anything. It's gonna get really ugly, really fast. People will adapt to it in some way or another, but it feels even worse than the S-rank hunts from 2.x.

That aside, the content in this patch is amazing. Both of the new dungeons are enormously fun, and Void Ark is this crazy loving fever-dream of a raid. If it's a prelude of what's to come with the raid series during this expansion, I can only imagine just how :catdrugs: it's going to get.

Okay, before this gains any traction: Every group which gets credit on the boss gets a Gold chest. Credit isn't that high, either - it counts healing (like S ranks), and you only need to be there for maybe a third of the boss to get credit if there's 2+ other groups hitting it. Given how long some of the bosses take for a single group, it's in everyone's best interest to go to each Star, get its chest, then go back to popping another one.

Diadem becomes 10x as fun when you realize that the other groups are your friend, rather than your enemy.

Niton fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 11, 2015

• Locked thread