Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T1g4h posted:

All of you guys talking about Fallout 4 are making me jealous. Meanwhile i'm over here gushing about Life Is Strange since I marathoned it last night. God, that game is well written.

I like Life is Strange a lot but I want an Option C for the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CharlesM posted:

I like Life is Strange a lot but I want an Option C for the ending.

Agreed. I picked sacrifice Arcadia Bay though, because gently caress ever losing Chloe ever again. Chloe :h:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

You unemployed bitches are talking about the ending and I'm sitting here looking at a game I :airquote:installed:airquote: from my DVD drive working on a 24GB update download. :byodood: what the sweet feathery jesus did just install then?

e:welp, guess I'll just keep playing skyrim like I have been for the last four years (11/11/11, Never Forget :911:)

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

BloodBag posted:

You unemployed bitches are talking about the ending and I'm sitting here looking at a game I :airquote:installed:airquote: from my DVD drive working on a 24GB update download. :byodood: what the sweet feathery jesus did just install then?

e:welp, guess I'll just keep playing skyrim like I have been for the last four years (11/11/11, Never Forget :911:)

Well, considering DVD's don't hold much, you installed very little hahah. Its honestly shocking how huge games are currently. I'm glad I pre-loaded FO4 (I only bought it after the early-reviews came out), because man 30-some-gigs takes a while on my Canuckistan "high-speed"

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Could be worse, could be GTA V. That 65GB download was in-loving-sane :stare:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

jamal posted:

Why did I list a part on nasioc? First two responses from people with almost zero post history, one out of the country. Doesn't seem scammy at all...

Why are you even looking at nasioc????

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jamal posted:

Why did I list a part on nasioc? First two responses from people with almost zero post history, one out of the country. Doesn't seem scammy at all...

I've only posted on nasoic to buy parts admittedly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BloodBag posted:

The entire game is 24GB. The DVD does nothing but link a download.

I learned this halfway through my Guantanamo deployment (no internet) when I purchased Skyrim for my Surface.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Speaking of high-speed internet...
My friend lives in a somewhat rural area and has Frontier DSL. Her speeds have been getting slower and slower so they sent a tech out. The tech said there's nothing they can do as the service is overloaded. Why couldn't they tell her that on the phone? And he said that Windows 10 is crashing their modems and they don't know how to fix it. Is there any truth to this? Ugh.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why are you even looking at nasioc????

I wanted to get rid of a shifter in a short period of time. Anyone want a kartboy lever for an 02-07 impreza?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If Frontier uses old-as-gently caress modems (probable) then Windows 10 may have a tiny bit to do with it. By default, updates come through a peer-to-peer (bittorrent) connection. When poorly implemented, you end up with a lot of half open connections in the modem/router, and some older routers have a problem with that.

Though I'd assume Microsoft would be smart and limit it to maybe like 30 or 100 total connections. I used to crash my <insert various versions here> WRT54G routers (even with Tomato or DD-WRT) by upping the maximum number of half-open connections from 30 to 500 in Windows XP so my torrenting would go faster.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The new Lupin III series' opening is p AI

e:

Phone fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 11, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i caved and decided to prod the gibbus folk into playing the car game right

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phone posted:

The new Lupin III series' opening is p AI

e:

omg I love the classic anime style so much more than this new poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So my coworker brought me some of these from Japan because she knew I love curry. I ran out after the second day and I've been dying to get more, but I don't work there anymore and her japanese wasn't good enough to be able to tell me exactly what this says so I can try to google it and order more

One of you guys has to know what this is :ohdear:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Cage posted:

Turned 30 today. It was harder to get out of bed, but I think it was a mental issue and not physical. Was legit comfy though.
HAHA you old geezer.
(I turn 30 next Tuesday)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Maybe you should google the thing that's on the box such as "Kitano Curry Karinto" http://sixmoment.com/%E5%8C%97%E3%81%AE%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%81%8B%E3%82%8A%E3%82%93%E3%81%A8%E3%81%86

http://s-maruishop.com/item/4580450661014.html

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%8A%E...9/dp/B00T3RTDAY

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh, I kind of figured that that was just the generic name for what kind of snack it was, not that specific brand

:shobon:'in real hard rn

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I installed like 5 GB and now it's downloading the remaining 19GB. I'm looking at the minimum specs and I'm now officially worried. I remember when counter-strike first came out and I played it on my intel i810 integrated graphics and it would *barely* work. I have the feeling this is going to be the same setup. Minimum processor: i5 2300 (have 2500), minimum graphics: gtx 550Ti 2GB (have 560), ram: 8GB (have 16GB)

I bet this will be just like when I tried to install server 2003 from when I went to college on my old 1900 poweredge server: support dropped 6 months ago, buy another OS. :ughh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know that the Battlefront Beta didn't run on my PC, luckily I'm hopefully graduating soon, so I'll be building a new rig sooner rather than later. I'm shocked that my lovely ATI/AMD rig with 8GB RAM and a 1GB video card has lasted since 2010, honestly

edit:

I found a picture from my Facebook that has everything I used in it

It's v shameful

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 11, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BloodBag posted:

I installed like 5 GB and now it's downloading the remaining 19GB.

Sounds about right; a DVD holds 4.7GB.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Raluek posted:

Sounds about right; a DVD holds 4.7GB.

Honestly, I'd be fine with two blu-rays so I can get on with this :sigh:

E: this is my first new game since wolfenstein:the new order came out. Kinda ansty to kill some poo poo now that I remember how vats works. I had the worst time killing those rear end in a top hat fire ants because I didn't understand v.a.t.s. before, because I'm a loving idiot.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

I know that the Battlefront Beta didn't run on my PC, luckily I'm hopefully graduating soon, so I'll be building a new rig sooner rather than later. I'm shocked that my lovely ATI/AMD rig with 8GB RAM and a 1GB video card has lasted since 2010, honestly

I'm still using an old hex core I bought in 2011. I have upgraded my video card since then though. I did that because my 560 TI died and they sent me a 650 TI. It didn't like dual monitors so I got a 7950 from a friend.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm using a 960 (small HTPC-style case) with some 2.8Ghz i5 and it's pretty baller.

Turn off God Rays, though.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I've got an i5 3570K, 16GB of RAM, and a 4GB GTX 970 :whatup:

Running Blops 3 with everything on high at 1080p and it's so pretty :allears:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

T1g4h posted:

:whatup:... Blops 3

And there it is, my friends. Wouldn't have it any other way.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

And there it is, my friends. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hey, it's actually fun! I skipped Ghosts and Advanced Warfare after playing them on a friend's PS4 because they weren't really all that fun. CodBloops3 is actually legitimately enjoyable. It's been a long time since I actually had a blast playing a multiplayer shooter, this game scratches that itch :v:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

BloodBag posted:

I installed like 5 GB and now it's downloading the remaining 19GB. I'm looking at the minimum specs and I'm now officially worried. I remember when counter-strike first came out and I played it on my intel i810 integrated graphics and it would *barely* work. I have the feeling this is going to be the same setup. Minimum processor: i5 2300 (have 2500), minimum graphics: gtx 550Ti 2GB (have 560), ram: 8GB (have 16GB)

I bet this will be just like when I tried to install server 2003 from when I went to college on my old 1900 poweredge server: support dropped 6 months ago, buy another OS. :ughh:

Exactly what my old roomates using. Apparently runs alright on medium. Video card would likely be a good upgrade if/when $$$ allows.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I have a HD7950 laying around if you want to buy it off of me. I think I was bitching about it artifacting out of nowhere, though... so... idk

Don't buy it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This page is why I will always be a console gamer and take whatever hits I need to because gently caress that noise just to play a new game.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

14 INCH DICK posted:

This page is why I will always be a console gamer and take whatever hits I need to because gently caress that noise just to play a new game.

....like buy a new Console? Y'know, the x86-64 AMD powered Consoles that make up the market?

Congrats. You bought a PC.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I still use a PS3 and I'm happy with it. It's my Blu Ray and Netflix player and I can get games cheap as poo poo now :)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

I still use a PS3 and I'm happy with it. It's my Blu Ray and Netflix player and I can get games cheap as poo poo now :)

That's almost all we use our PS3 for. And our Wii U for Netflix cause our 3 year old can use it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I like consoles for sports games and for party games

Nothing better than drunken NHL 2016 or Mario Kart

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

If they put the NHL games on PC, i probably wouldn't have bought a current gen console.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Powershift posted:

If they put the NHL games on Netflix, i probably wouldn't have bought a cable subscription.

It's insane how powerful the NHL, NFL and MLB are.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

I'd like to get a Nintendo 64 just for Mario Kart. How is the new Wii version?

And yeah, the only reason I have cable is because of sports. Gotta have the sports package it's awesome.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Geirskogul posted:

It's insane how powerful the NHL, NFL and MLB are.

NFL s on OTA channels except for monday night. You don't need anything other than an antenna to watch it

leica posted:

I'd like to get a Nintendo 64 just for Mario Kart. How is the new Wii version?

Inferior to both Double Dash and Mario Kart 64. All the Wii versions are bleh

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Mario Kart 8 is amazing, but that's Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Phone posted:

Mario Kart 8 is amazing

Okay yes you're allowed to say this but nobody owns a Wii U

E: FECK! :arghfist:

• Locked thread