Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

cash crab posted:

:gonk: Please don't feed me that

Why? Apart from the fact that it' looks grey and has no nice crust because it haven't been seared it looks like a fine piece of meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Sushi burritos are, for my money, the worst things Americans have done with sushi.

would again

The second-to-last time I was in the Amsterdam-Schiphol airport, they had sushi burritos, only they were conical and the wrap was seaweed. They were soooooo good. Then the last time I went, they weren't there anymore. :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

The second-to-last time I was in the Amsterdam-Schiphol airport, they had sushi burritos, only they were conical and the wrap was seaweed. They were soooooo good. Then the last time I went, they weren't there anymore. :smith:

You mean like this?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

That's...basically temaki.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are they cutting it on a drift wood cutting board?! The hell is up with all those pock marks? Salmonella pits?

At first I thought it was lacewood, but that is definitely a weirdly porous cutting surface

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are they cutting it on a drift wood cutting board?! The hell is up with all those pock marks? Salmonella pits?

Pock marks can be where fat rendered away. That looks pretty good if it's lamb or beef, other than needing a sear.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

cash crab posted:

This looks like pide.

YUM YUM

Is that a baked vagina filled with cheese and tomatoes? It's not what I would have done with a vagina, buuuuut... would.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Subjunctive posted:

Pock marks can be where fat rendered away. That looks pretty good if it's lamb or beef, other than needing a sear.

You think they rendered out the cutting board?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Brawnfire posted:

It's made of a very fatty wood okay

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They're going to make a cuttingboard aspic

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
And why sear? People are used to a crunchy surface on roasts, but that's based on real roasting. They're also used to overcooked meat, and that's one thing we want to get rid of. In addition, searing the outside can overcook part of the roast. So, until proof of the contrary, I'm not browning what comes out of the cooker,

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zedprime posted:

And why sear? People are used to a crunchy surface on roasts, but that's based on real roasting. They're also used to overcooked meat, and that's one thing we want to get rid of. In addition, searing the outside can overcook part of the roast. So, until proof of the contrary, I'm not browning what comes out of the cooker,

Why not sear it first and then throw it into the garbage bag floating in hot water to finish it off?

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Because the maillaird reaction makes foods taste good? Because the contrast between the browned rind and the soft rare interior is one of the sensory pleasures of eating meat?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:qq: IT'S A TEXTURE THING :qq:

(agreeing w/ the above if not clear)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, small pic on the phone, thought they meant intramuscular gaps in the meat.

Cratered cutting board is...I got nothing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Cratered cutting board is...I got nothing.

Living is kinda overrated when you think about it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Living is kinda overrated when you think about it.

Pretty appropriate, Mr. Grim Reaper In A Suit.

I don't actually have anything to add other than that so

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Pretzel sounding?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Pretty appropriate, Mr. Grim Reaper In A Suit.

As another grim reaper avatar guy, allow me to point out that wooden cutting boards, even pitted ones like that, are perfectly safe so long as you remember to not chop meat on them.

Which he didn't.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Sushi burritos are, for my money, the worst things Americans have done with sushi.

would again

There's a few sushi burrito places around here. They're alright, but finishing one is almost impossible. I feel like it would be kind of weird in tortilla though, the ones I've had have been wrapped in seaweed (under the paper here):

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It looks like it's in rice paper, so kind of more like a spring roll than a maki roll. Is that ground raw salmon in the middle or beef tartare?

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

HOLY gently caress posted:

There's a few sushi burrito places around here. They're alright, but finishing one is almost impossible. I feel like it would be kind of weird in tortilla though, the ones I've had have been wrapped in seaweed (under the paper here):

Yeah the one I posted is wrapped in rice paper, and its really the size I have an issue with. Chipotle sized handroll spicy tuna is a totally different beast than the 2 hours I get at the all you can eat sushi place around here.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Eponine posted:

It looks like it's in rice paper, so kind of more like a spring roll than a maki roll. Is that ground raw salmon in the middle or beef tartare?

Probably salmon, I got the picture off the internet. I think I just had a basic veggie roll the one time I went there, once felt like enough. And yeah it's the size that gets me too.

Also now I really want beef tartare :saddowns:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Dude you need to post the title, too:

quote:

So I've been experimenting in the kitchen a bit today and I've come up with this, it's a deconstructed potato waffle and onion ring stack with turquié dinosauré avec parsley leaf and a sausage and bean garnish (Imgur)

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I don't actually have anything to add other than that so

Eponine posted:

Pretzel sounding?

Hard limit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Dude you need to post the title, too:

This dude/chick is my hero.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kakairo posted:

Hard limit.

I hear it actually tastes better than you'd expect, once you get used to it.

Not that I've ever tried it myself or anything like that.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It's so dainty!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

WHAT IS ANYTHING

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

WHAT IS ANYTHING

Looks like a traditional banana/veggie loaf burger with pineapple fries to me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That looks like it was carved out of a loaf

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

^^ Wasn't this part of a Parks & Rec episode

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Are you in Sacramento? Looks just like the place here.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Sinestro posted:

Are you in Sacramento? Looks just like the place here.

Yes! Hi neighbor!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Solice Kirsk posted:

Looks like a traditional banana/veggie loaf burger with pineapple fries to me.

why are you saying that like it's some kind of normal thing

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Because it's a :thejoke:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"[Friendname] made me dinner!"

Rethink that friendship.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

That website is such a letdown. Was really looking forward to some insane 'wiches.

NoEyedSquareGuy has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Nov 11, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PCOS Bill posted:

"[Friendname] made me dinner!"

Rethink that friendship.
I don't know if its falling standards after seeing some poo poo in this thread, but the green vegetables, acceptable lighting, and lack of Kraft singles makes me want to be sympathetic even if it seems recognizably pre-processed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

zedprime posted:

I don't know if its falling standards after seeing some poo poo in this thread, but the green vegetables, acceptable lighting, and lack of Kraft singles makes me want to be sympathetic even if it seems recognizably pre-processed.

Yeah, but you just know that rear end in a top hat friend kept all of the good broccoli bits for him/herself.

• Locked thread