Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lycus posted:

wrong thread

I love how owned he's getting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

What's happened in the debate so far? Just tuned in, saw Bush doing better than last time.

bush is doing well after a good start, which is a huge deal for the guy imo. carson is doing worse than usual. trump is being more of an rear end in a top hat than usual. ted cruz is an insufferable poo poo

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
Trump and Kasich were embarrassing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
carson looked utterly unprepared and overwhelmed again, showing why he is the strong frontrunner for the republican nomination.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

This was Ben Carson being introduced earlier:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

BTW, if you've been watching this on TV, you've seen this ad a couple times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF7HFQSpDQE

It's funded by lobbyists for payday lenders. Also, the CFPB doesn't issue loans.

John Richards, born 72, from rural WV/MD with 10 years of schooling.

They do know the people they are ripping off, at least.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Jeb! It connotes excitement.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 18, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GOP Will Eat Itself.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I honestly couldn't pay much attention to this debate because it was making me feel sad, it seemed like Rand did pretty well from what I could tell, perhaps he could pull himself up into high single digits?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I liked what Rand did, which was him viciously attacking anyone else on the stage whenever the opportunity arose

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I didn't think Jeb! could do any worse, but somehow he did. If I were a Jeb! donor I'd feel really dumb and angry right now. And be calling about switching over to Rubio.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Right to Rise switched to backing Rubio tomorrow.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Rubio won this debate by virtue of not bursting into flame on stage, Trump did fine too and so did Rand I guess but lol Rand. Everyone else looked like poo poo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I read that Kasich outed himself as an adult. Why would he do that when everyone else is working hard to act as childish as possible?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Trumps gimmick really suffers when the moderators are lobbing everyone softball questions and the other candidates have learned to not speak his name so he doesn't get response time.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

babypolis posted:

bush is doing well after a good start, which is a huge deal for the guy imo. carson is doing worse than usual. trump is being more of an rear end in a top hat than usual. ted cruz is an insufferable poo poo

Trump is at his best when he's being an utter oval office. 100% rear end in a top hat ALL THE TIME!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I didn't think Jeb! could do any worse, but somehow he did. If I were a Jeb! donor I'd feel really dumb and angry right now. And be calling about switching over to Rubio.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Right to Rise switched to backing Rubio tomorrow.

If I were Jeb!'s campaign I would be reminding people that Obama lost every 2008 debate.

But then, comparing himself to Obama would also be a really bad idea.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

i thought jeb did ok this debate

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I read that Kasich outed himself as an adult. Why would he do that when everyone else is working hard to act as childish as possible?

At one point he said (paraphrasing) "We should all be reasonable because someone needs to be able to beat Hillary in the general."

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
this is the only thing worthwhile from the first debate

https://vine.co/v/elDtELUAOpB

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you had to choose between Bush and Rubio, you have to go with Rubio. He seems really energetic and eager, and we probably wouldn't have to pay him nearly as much as Bush.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

babypolis posted:

i thought jeb did ok this debate

Except for when he tried to claim that we should be able to avoid all future financial crises.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
If Jeb wasn't looking longingly at 4%, he would have done alright tonight.

But he is, and human al dente pasta Kasich walked over him like it was nothing. He's not done, he's fallen off the grill and charred.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The only standout awful performance was Kasich.

Trump's getting the hang of this, and even though the audience wasn't too keen on what he said to Fiorina, I think it probably played better at home. Rand landed a solid hit on the TPP, but no one knows or cares about trade, so who knows.

Carson was mostly a nonentity, which is good for him. Strong closing statement I guess.

Rubio did pretty well but no real standout moment.

Ted Cruz is good at this, as you'd expect from him.

Rand Paul had his best night of the election, but he's still Rand Paul.

I cannot stand Carly Fiorina so I can't really judge her performance. The audience seemed to like her?

Jeb was Jeb!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A third of the GOP candidates tonight advocated a hard money standard.

Just let that sink in a bit.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
heavy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo a nationstate with 1k+ nukes is enough to base a currency on.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ignoring russia.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

imo a nationstate with 1k+ nukes is enough to base a currency on.

Uranium and plutonium are heavy metals...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "I'm not in favor of aborting anybody." ~ Ben Carson, when asked if he'd abort Baby Hitler.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ted Cruz won the debate by virtue of recreating one of the most infamous primary gaffes in history and getting away with it completely scot-free.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Bush stuttered pretty badly at one point and Kasich got booed for saying he would bail out banks.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

kasichs weird intermittent Ohio boosterism makes me think his entire candidacy is a long con by the state tourism board and no one ever let kasich in on the joke

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
Fiorina namedropped important backroom discussions twice as well as a conversation she had with an everyday American. Trump talked with an anonymous military general, and Bush pointed out his wife wore a dead veteran's wife to the debate as jewelry.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Missed the debate because I had to work. Anyone have a link to an archived version?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Looks like the prediction markets have everyone that was on stage up, except Paul who's down and Carson who stayed the same.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Frank Luntz focus group again says Rubio won.

EDIT:

Carson and Jeb voters in the focus group switching to Rubio. Almost every Carson supporter in this group seems to be switching to someone else. One Carson supporter is now in for Cruz...

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Montasque posted:

Frank Luntz focus group again says Rubio won.

If Frank Luntz told me the sky was blue, I'd have to stick my head out the window to check.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

StandardVC10 posted:

If Frank Luntz told me the sky was blue, I'd have to stick my head out the window to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Rocks posted:

Not going to lie that's a pretty good way of handling this.

Carson is blatantly stealing a page from Hillary's book on this, and the hypocrisy from the right wing media people is going to be stunning. When Hillary rightfully clowned all over Fox News with her "cloth" joke she was roundly criticized by both left and right. Now that Carson is doing the same thing in response to the fact that he fabricated many pieces of his feel-good life story anecdotes I'm sure FNC will get around to criticizing him for it sometime before the heat death of the universe.

• Locked thread