Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

GrandpaPants posted:

Can someone post an Eldorath deck? I've been meaning to try it, but every time I try I just look at the Eldar cards and think that it's too finesse-y for my tastes, but I figure I'd rather make Eldar/Dark Eldar than have a completely predictable Kith/DE deck. I tried to make one, but I have no idea how some of the units are. Like, Silvered Blade Avengers sounds good on paper to further the lockdown-ness, but they only have 1 attack..., which seems...eh. And how many opportunities do you get to play Nullify? Tapping a Warlord is always super risky, and I find that it's rarely worth it (I'm fairly certain I use Dakka3 for shields more than for making GBS threads damage everywhere).

Your wish is my command!

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Warhammer 40,000: Conquest Deckbuilder

Total Cards: (50)

Warlord:
1x Eldorath Starbane (Core Set)

Army Unit: (32)
4x Starbane’s Council (Core Set)
2x Autarch Celachia (The Great Devourer)
3x Biel-Tan Guardians (Core Set)
3x Bloodied Reavers (Zogwort's Curse)
3x Incubus Warrior (Core Set)
3x Rogue Trader (Core Set)
2x Spiritseer Erathal (Core Set)
3x Sslyth Mercenary (Gift of the Ethereals)
3x Void Pirate (Core Set)
3x Warlock Destructor (Gift of the Ethereals)
3x Wildrider Squadron (Core Set)

Attachment: (4)
1x Mobility (Core Set)
3x Promotion (Core Set)

Event: (13)
2x Foresight (Core Set)
3x Archon’s Terror (Core Set)
2x Empower (The Howl of Blackmane)
3x Gift of Isha (Core Set)
3x Nullify (Core Set)

Support: (1)
1x Alaitoc Shrine (Core Set)

Note the 4 non-warlord uniques, allowing you to use Nullify without exposing your warlord to danger in close battles. This deck is pretty command and control-focused, but if you find yourself wanting more early combat punch you can sub in Hellion Gangs or even Black Guardians for some of your Pirates and Traders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Fetterkey posted:

Your wish is my command!

Thanks! Adding in additional uniques is probably a good idea, although I still wonder whether Autarch Celachia is any good. My initial pass included 3x Altansar Rangers and 3x Baleful Mandrakes, and I was wondering whether you dropped them because you thought they were sorta redundant with Eldorath's ability? Of late, I've also been fond of adding 2x Elites just for Shrieking Harpy, but maybe Archon's Terror helps with that too.

Do you also not generally find use for Doom? Too expensive? Also surprised at the lack of Survivalist.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 7, 2015

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

GrandpaPants posted:

Thanks! Adding in additional uniques is probably a good idea, although I still wonder whether Autarch Celachia is any good. My initial pass included 3x Altansar Rangers and 3x Baleful Mandrakes, and I was wondering whether you dropped them because you thought they were sorta redundant with Eldorath's ability? Of late, I've also been fond of adding 2x Elites just for Shrieking Harpy, but maybe Archon's Terror helps with that too.

Do you also not generally find use for Doom? Too expensive? Also surprised at the lack of Survivalist.

Altansar Rangers and Baleful Mandrake were strong in the core set environment, but they now feel somewhat dated to me? I would rather play Eldritch Corsair before either of those units, and I would probably play Hellion Gang before I played Eldritch Corsair.

As for Doom, 1x is reasonable but more is somewhat unsafe in my view - it's amazing when it's on but completely dead otherwise.

Survivalist is interesting but I don't think Eldar can afford to run more units that are good in command but don't help at all in early battles. In particular, Survivalist is quite bad against Kith, and Kith is the matchup you need to be teching for IMO. Eldorath is favored, even, or near-even against almost every common deck, but Kith is super good against Eldorath and quite frequently played.

(If you want to tech super hard for the Kith matchup you play 3x Kabalite Strike Force, but that card is awful in basically every other scenario.)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Thanks for the thoughts! Is the fondness for Hellion Gang just because they don't die in one hit from a Khymera?

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

Thanks for the thoughts! Is the fondness for Hellion Gang just because they don't die in one hit from a Khymera?

Not specifically a Khymera, but a 2-attack unit in general (which includes Khymeras, the vast majority of warlords, and most common units). Further, the Flying sometimes pays off when it lets you shield an attack that would otherwise overkill you - for instance, Bloodied Reavers require a three-shield to survive if attacked by an Honored Librarian, but if the Librarian makes that same attack against a Hellion Gang even a one-shield will save you.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pretty diverse worlds meta for Conquest:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Swagger Dagger posted:

Pretty diverse worlds meta for Conquest:

At least only one Kith made it to top four, along with Ragnar, Nazdreg, and Eldorath.

But yeah, the top 16 isn't really surprising in the least given the state of the game.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Watching the stream today, not sure how I feel about the 1x cards that are so powerful in Conquest.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
"warlord stands alone" lol

that was pretty lopsided. Hopefully finals will be better. ragnar v kith

e: for anyone who missed it or wasn't aware what this weekend is, finals are up in like 4 minutes here

http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pure Space Marines win, all is well.

edit: or not, they just interviewed him first

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 7, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Swagger Dagger posted:

Pure Space Marines win, all is well.

edit: or not, they just interviewed him first

Yeah that's a pretty amateur thing to do. It's normally just awkward or embarassing for the loser. Come on, FFG! GG Kith.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Weird game IMO - I think the Ragnar player was winning strongly but threw it away when he retreated after bloodying Kith. At that phase, he had a bunch of shields and he knew his opponent didn't - further, even in the worst case, getting Ragnar bloodied would have been significantly better than losing the two valuable units he had on that planet. From that point forward he was on the back foot - despite bloodying Kith, he was losing command and didn't have enough units on field to threaten significant battles. I'm not sure why he retreated there but unfortunately I think it cost him the championship.

Also, one of my podcast co-hosts barely missed the cut, coming in 17th after he conceded unnecessarily in a situation where he could have had the modified win during the last round of Swiss. Brutal stuff.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AGoT v2 Top 8 starting now. :woop:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

didn't expect Martell in the top 4! Supposedly there are only 4 Martell main house decks in the field? Love the way that deck plays

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Go Martell in the Finals!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Martell/Tyrell and Greyjoy Fealty are two of the last decks I would've expected to see in the finals.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

This game is pretty brutal to watch. Yikes. I notice a whole lot of snowballing in GOT. I'm not sure what the hell Greyjoy can even do now to win.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Didn't expect to be up watching GoT finals on a Saturday night, but it was completely worth it to see Martell/Tyrell win.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

That finals game would have gone completely different if Valar was in the meta. I'm sure they will add it eventually. Having a board wipe available and expected in every deck really defined the game.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Links to the AGoT matches:
Top 8: http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive/v/24485394?t=12h25m45s
Top 4: http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive/v/24485394?t=13h25m20s
Finals: http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive/v/24485394?t=14h20m0s

More thoughts:
The champ is last year's AGoT 1.0 champ. So, not just some random high plains drifter blowing everyone away with his Martell brew like I might have imagined, heh. That kind of surprises me though just because it seems like the current environment has a lot of variance, so I guess it's good to see the same guy wade through all of it and win it. Targ also did really well though, with more than 50% of the cut being Targ while it was only ~25% of the field. Maybe a bit like the Kith dynamic that Fetterkey predicted for Conquest?

Overall, I actually thought the matches they streamed were less snowbally than what I'm used to personally. The first one had some Varys swings and felt like a classic control vs midrange type of match. The second had some of the best thrones play I've seen yet with the other former champ fighting his way back into the game and it came down to one play; the GJ player had great draws and was executing his plan but the Targ player was fighting tooth and nail to stay in the game and could have won it. The finals were a bit of a landslide (that setup and Marched were brutal) but I also think that it might be the nature of an all-in aggro deck vs control when aggro starts slow. More of our games look like that finals, though

edit: Although compared to Netrunner .. jesus christ, lol. These games today have been intensely close. There are so many outs in Netrunner, and so many ways to dig for them.

The winning list:

3 Blood Orange Grove
3 The Roseroad
3 The Kingsroad
3 Ghaston Grey
2 Sunspear

3 Garden Caretaker (T)
3 Desert Scavenger
3 Greenblood Trader
2 Left (T)
2 Right (T)
3 Areo Hotah
3 Margarey Tyrell (T)
2 Maester Caleotte
1 Obara Sand
3 Olenna's Informant (T)
1 Rattleshirt's Raiders (N)
3 Arianne Martell
2 Knight of Flowers (T)
1 Littlefinger (N)
3 Varys (N)

3 Milk of the Poppy (N)
3 Confinement
3 Tears of Lys (N)
2 The Hand's Judgment (N)

2 Summons
1 Calling the Banners
1 Calm over Westeros
1 Clash of Kings
1 Marched to the Wall
1 Naval Superiority

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 9, 2015

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Are any of the tournaments melee based? I'm a lot more interested in melee than duel matches for GoT

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Are any of the tournaments melee based? I'm a lot more interested in melee than duel matches for GoT

For 1.0, they have always held 2 tournaments: Melee and Joust. The person who has the most wins cumulatively at the end wins overall Champion, and they usually have crazy poo poo for that person like a sword or a warhammer to take home.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, there was a 2.0 melee tournament on the last day and the first chapter pack was legal. The same guy who won the Conquest tournament won with GJ something, GJ/Bara I think

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

LOTR: Does Erkenbrand's ability make The Day's Rising not work?

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Baron Porkface posted:

LOTR: Does Erkenbrand's ability make The Day's Rising not work?

Correct

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Has anyone had some experience using Repair Bay? Is the tempo hit worth it? I imagine it's probably not that worth it in Shadowsun, since she already has recursion built in, but I don't know if a typical Aun Shi deck uses enough drones or pilots. I'm curious whether it'd even be worth it just to recur stuff like the heavy marker drone for the shields, and I suppose Gun Drones are always worth recurring.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

A bunch of AGoT2E first cycle spoilers:
http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28958-new-first-cycle-spoilers-14-nov-2015/

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

drat.

I'm now forced to ask myself just how much stealth/defense evasion does a Greyjoy deck need, and I'm having difficulty coming up with an answer that isn't "all of it." I do sorta worry about how much of their deck is going to be devoted to locations though, since they have a bunch of great ones, between the standard econ ones, the Iron Fleet Scout, the Raiding Longship (does this only work when you're attacking? Because otherwise, drat), and the Iron Mines.

Also, those Iron Islands folks make strong rear end fishing nets though if they can be reused over and over again. I also like the imagery of Ned Stark, stalwart defender of Winterfell, getting stuck in a fishing net, but y'know, stoically.

I'm not sure about that Baratheon loyal plot, though. It seems much worse than Calm Over Westeros?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like that fishing net is a way to handle all those Weapon Attachment Only characters.

Iron Mines is GREAT.

Maester's chain can be used to get rid of any of the attachments that add icons (little bird, etc) on opposing characters, which might be a useful corner case.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does anyone have some Game Of Thrones second edition resources? Just bought the game on sale at my LGS. Played the intro game and it seems very fun so I'm commited to buying into it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm taking this very standard Bara Fealty deck to an event tomorrow if anyone has any feedback/suggestions:

I've been opening with Noble Cause, but a lot of people here are running Naval Superiority to negate it, but I don't want to start filthy accusations unless they have a punchy starter.

House Baratheon / Fealty

Plots
1x A Feast for Crows (Core Set)
1x A Noble Cause (Core Set)
1x Confiscation (Core Set)
2x Filthy Accusations (Core Set)
1x Summons (Core Set)
1x Wildfire Assault (Core Set)

Characters
2x Littlefinger (Core Set)
2x Maester Cressen (Core Set)
3x Melisandre (Core Set)
3x Robert Baratheon (Core Set)
2x Selyse Baratheon (Core Set)
2x Ser Davos Seaworth (Core Set)
1x Shireen Baratheon (Core Set)
3x Stannis Baratheon (Core Set)
3x Bastard in Hiding (Core Set)
3x Fiery Followers (Core Set)
1x King's Hunting Party (Core Set)
3x Dragonstone Faithful (Core Set)
2x Vanguard Lancer (Core Set)

Locations
2x The Iron Throne (Core Set)
3x The Kingsroad (Core Set)
3x The Roseroad (Core Set)
3x Dragonstone Port (Core Set)
2x Chamber of the Painted Table (Core Set)
3x The Red Keep (Core Set)

Attachments
2x Seal of the Hand (Core Set)
1x Bodyguard (Core Set)
2x Milk of the Poppy (Core Set)
1x Lightbringer (Core Set)

Events
3x Consolidation of Power (Core Set)
2x Ours is the Fury (Core Set)
3x Seen In Flames (Core Set)

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

Has anyone had some experience using Repair Bay? Is the tempo hit worth it? I imagine it's probably not that worth it in Shadowsun, since she already has recursion built in, but I don't know if a typical Aun Shi deck uses enough drones or pilots. I'm curious whether it'd even be worth it just to recur stuff like the heavy marker drone for the shields, and I suppose Gun Drones are always worth recurring.

I thought Repair Bay was really good at first, but I've since decided I actually don't like it much. The timing is just too weird for it to be reliably good in my view.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

If ELDAR get one more drone or tau get a non loyal one i can steal Id consider it.

Be a lot of fun to suicide a wraith guard, isha it back and then top deck it for my next draw

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Upon reflection, it'd probably be a solid include if there were any 3-4 cost drones or pilots, like general solid combat units. I'm not sure if it's worth it to recur a Recon Drone or Trailblazer, and I imagine if you can play multiple Crisis Guards and Sa'cea Broadsides, you're winning the econ game anyway. Guns Drones are probably the only thing I can think of actually worth recurring at the moment. And I guess Stealth Cadre, but I imagine those are coming back one way or another.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

If anyone didn't see, there are more spoilers added (since last I saw it anyway) that have been compiled here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/41894/game-thrones-second-edition-lcg-spoilers

Tyrells really love splitting art into multiple cards, it seems.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Tyrell really look to have a decent theme by the end of the cycle

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The whole cycle looks amazing. Really excited about the future of this game.

Lannisters are shaping up to be maybe the most swingy house, they rake in the gold while starving the opponents hand of options. They're also super fun to play, Casterly Rock, Tyrion, and their numerous event cards lead to a lot of fun challenge phase tricks.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm still waiting to see what they plan to do for Martell. I really hope it's not just "rely on Doran's game and Viper" because that's super swingy and lame. They're getting the icon removal, but they need more to flesh out their "theme."

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Greysun is absolutely fine with non loyal icon removal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

My FLGS is finally moving their GoT day to one I that I can attend, so I wanted to put together a couple of decks. I can find individual decks from various tournaments, but Is there some kind of deck gauntlet out there that I can use as a starting point?