Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Ted Cruz is going to win this primary. Bank on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The Cruz missile is rapidly ascending.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Good Citizen posted:

Can't ruse the Cruz.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

StandardVC10 posted:

If Frank Luntz told me the sky was blue, I'd have to stick my head out the window to check.

He's Billy Kristol class.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Nah, but he'll make a good showing.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Fiorina is getting slaughtered for her Putin/Green room slam on Trump.

Because unlike Trump, Carly actually met Putin in a greenroom.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/10/us/politics/republican-debate-fact-checks.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur#/factcheck-9

This primary...

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
The debate tonight only further verified that we have a CLEAR Top 4: Trump, Carson, Cruz, and Rubio.

Paul and Kasich don't matter and by virtue of luck didn't share the fate of Christie and Huckabee. JEB! once again was weak, effeminate, and ineffective. Literally the most feminine and frail candidate on a stage with an actual female candidate. And that female candidate was terrible tonight, so bad that the establishment will not be able to pull off their "CARLY WON THE DEBATE" scam again to inflate her numbers a 3rd time.

If you want an outsider to take on the establishment and take on PC, vote Trump.
If you want an insider with experience to take on the establishment, vote Cruz.
If you want an insider establishment candidate, vote Rubio.
If you want to take a nap or you are a crazy person, vote Carson.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Christie could have been number one if he was able to control his insatiable huglust but we've already diverged from that timeline.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Great news for Jeb!

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Nonsense poll, but surprised Cruz is so high.

edit: And Paul, must be the gold standard.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Xandu posted:

He's always high in these polls. The base loves Cruz.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Xandu posted:

edit: And Paul, must be the gold standard.

I voted 12 times for Cruz on it. So don't overthink it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

OAquinas posted:

If Jeb wasn't looking longingly at 4%, he would have done alright tonight.

But he is, and human al dente pasta Kasich walked over him like it was nothing. He's not done, he's fallen off the grill and charred.

Jeb's never had any real traction, has he? He started out high, because he had that sense of inevitability to him, but then it just completely collapsed and he's been sliding ever since. And he just straight up does not have what it takes to mount any kind of reversal of the trend. Every debate he goes into it knowing that he has to knock it out of the park to get back in the game, and every debate he gives us a C. As wrong as Frank Luntz is, I can see his focus group conclusions re: Bush panning out. Rubio is going to suck all the air out of his campaign.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 22, 2016

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'm excited for Jeb!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cabinet posted:

I'm excited for Jeb!

I know! He's probably going to be able to retire from the race soon!

He's going to have a great time at the farm Upstate!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Bush did badly enough to not change the narrative substantially or move his poll numbers but good enough that the establishment isn't stampeding over to Rubio. The ensuing establishment civil war will destroy both camps and pave the way for Trump or Cruz.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Jeb's never had any real traction, has he? He started out high, because he had that sense of inevitability to him, but then it just completely collapsed and he's been sliding ever since. And he just straight up does not have what it takes to mount any kind of reversal of the trend. Every debate he goes into it knowing that he has to knock it out of the park to get back in the game, and every debate he gives us a C. As wrong as Frank Luntz is, I can see his focus group conclusions re: Bush panning out. Rubio is going to suck all the air out of his campaign.

I think that Bush has this idea fed to him that he needs to go on the offensive. He needs to be a Trump and dive into the muck. But it always end up looking like he is being something he isn't. He needs to do what Rubio does and just have canned responses to everything and hope his dopey sarcastic charm can drive him to victory.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
I was also a little surprised that nobody pushed Carson on his lying. A moderator mentioned it once and that was it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Xandu posted:

I was also a little surprised that nobody pushed Carson on his lying. A moderator mentioned it once and that was it.

~*safe zones*~

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Xandu posted:

Once you call one person on being a liar everyone starts calling everyone out on the mountain of lies they all build their platforms on. The subsequent psionic emission from the cognitive dissonance collapse would be strong enough to light most of Iowa on fire.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ted's rick perry moment only made him stronger and doubled his fan base. amazing.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

AfroLine posted:

ted's rick perry moment only made him stronger and doubled his fan base. amazing.

They always said that the reason they lost was because they weren't conservative enough.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I still refuse to believe we're in the trump timeline but if it comes to voting day and he's on the ballot then I'm pulling the lever for the trumpocalypse. The death of America by trump would be too poetic to pass up.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i've got a cat to feed. trump needs to be stopped.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rexicon1 posted:

Once you call one person on being a liar everyone starts calling everyone out on the mountain of lies they all build their platforms on. The subsequent psionic emission from the cognitive dissonance collapse would be strong enough to light most of Iowa on fire.

Yeah, these guys aren't going to go straight at him. You can't start pulling those strings in an uncontrollable setting. Trump might keep trolling indirectly but if this issue continues it will be driven by the media and Carson's thin skin.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Good Citizen posted:

I still refuse to believe we're in the trump timeline but if it comes to voting day and he's on the ballot then I'm pulling the lever for the trumpocalypse. The death of America by trump would be too poetic to pass up.

I'm an educated professional concerned about global warming. If Trump is on the presidential ballot, I'm gonna move to South America, and enjoy the global cooling from nuclear winter.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
If I had money I'd bet a lot on Rubio, even though the Rubio market already inflated.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Kasich always seems like a good dude and I like hearing him speak, that's my opinion about this primary

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

This primary is the most surreal election I've ever seen. None of the candidates seem capable of winning, but I know that somehow one of them has to.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Rocks posted:

Kasich always seems like a good dude and I like hearing him speak, that's my opinion about this primary

He's actually a calculating piece of poo poo who's only slightly better at public speaking than Jeb!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 22, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

kasich really tried to make his presence known throughout the debate and when he would speak he would go on and on, but it's clear that he's not going to gain any momentum from this whole thing. this was his last stand and he is pretty much done with.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Squizzle posted:

This primary is the most surreal election I've ever seen. None of the candidates seem capable of winning, but I know that somehow one of them has to.

Rubio seems like a "normal" republican candidate.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If there's one thing this debate reinforced, it's how...bad at this all of these guys are. Even Rubio, who can stick to the script, will have huge difficulty after leaving the hugbox for the real election. If by some crazy fluke it really does end up Ben Carson (it won't be Ben Carson), imagining him campaigning in the general election and talking to voters who aren't starting off with the premises of the GOP will be just painful.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Weirdest thing to me was hearing the audience cheer just as loudly for deportation as they did for amnesty. Seems like a big divide.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

There were actually a lot of boos for deportation.

Things that got applause:
- war is peace
- any of the garbage that comes out of Ted Cruz's mouth
- calling deportation silly
- Benghazi

Things that got boos:
- deportation
- Donald criticizing Fiorina for interrupting too much
- even the wall
- reducing military spending
- moderators reciting Hillary's "accomplished" resume.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
You forgot the boos for saving Bank of America depositors.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Immortan posted:

He's actually a calculating piece of poo poo who's only slightly better at public speaking than Jeb!

I'm sure you're right but I'm just saying his way of speaking and his pragmatic style appeals to me. Also I was talking to my dad today and he digs Kasich too it turns out. So whatevs that's my story goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
everybody on the stage was an awful human being, but some of them were better at feigning empathy than others

• Locked thread