Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Awesome, GOTY.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's the Fallout Shelter mobile game but it doesn't tie in or have anything else to do with FO4

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It also kinda sucks because while it doesn't beg you to pay real money for stuff, there isn't a lot to do in it. It feels totally half-baked

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Moon Monster posted:

Awesome, GOTY.

Fallout 4 isn't Just Cause 3

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

My target doesn't have any :(
Honestly the lazy college probably haven't stocked yet. But my target also just doesn't have Jones soda so maybe they just suck and hate gamers and good soda likers.

Lots of gamers today though, they were at 50% mountain dew 20% diet dew capacity. Good to see gamers are at least recognizing their problem.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Most Target stores only got like ~25 bottles and were sold out as soon as they put them on the shelves.

If it makes you feel any better it's just Jones Soda's berry lemonade flavor with a gimmick label.

e. And a cursory look on the internet says that Reddit is blaming it all on those greedy entitled minimum-wage Target employees.

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 11, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I remember when they did a bundle like that with Star Fox Adventures where you got a green apple jones soda labelled as rocket fuel, a star Fox shaped air freshener, and a roll of toilet paper with tips and tricks on it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Most Target stores only got like ~25 bottles and were sold out as soon as they put them on the shelves.

If it makes you feel any better it's just Jones Soda's berry lemonade flavor with a gimmick label.

e. And a cursory look on the internet says that Reddit is blaming it all on those greedy entitled minimum-wage Target employees.

But I can't even get Jones berry lemonade regular and pretend :(. A sad night.

Also lmao how dare people with one of the most soul crushing jobs dare take advantage of the one time something cool comes around.

Bozatam
Jul 16, 2013

by Lowtax
all that mildly irradiated soda

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea i went in the evening, and my target was all out

maybe they're do another issue around the holidays

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
both targets nearby are out of Quantum. girlfriend and I really want to have some, but guess that won't be happening in the near future. I do hope that they provide more over time since at this rate no one's actually going to get any of it and it's just going to be a collector's thing, which is silly.

I have heard there have been a lot of problems with employees scalping and the drinks though, so there might be something to that. honestly a lot of it's on Target for not shipping enough out to the stores because this was clearly an item that got people excited

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Video game soda hype is a real thing.

I will say that FO4 has been silly fun. It's got all the usual Bethesda jank and bleh dialogue and there's still inventory management especially if you're a klepto, but after 8 or so hours total playing between last night and today, no game-stopping bugs, or any real bugs at all. In hard difficulty, the combat has been fun without being ridiculous. The new vats is kind of perfect. I daresay FO4 is a good and fun game.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so it's basically more of 3 and new vegas?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

yup, that's a bethesda fallout game alright

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Basically yes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i've really been enjoying it, but i get to play precious little video games. i enjoy most games more than a lot of people i guess

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

icantfindaname posted:

so it's basically more of 3 and new vegas?

In a good way, yes

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

precision posted:

In a good way, yes

so it's basically less of 3 and more of new vegas?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

so it's basically less of 3 and more of new vegas?
exactly. combat is pretty tough too, initially at least

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah Fallout 4 is pretty good, it's just more Fallout really. Crafting and perks are nice.

The mouth animations look hilariously hosed up though. Like they did face capture on sock puppets for it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

axleblaze posted:

Mischief Makers was an amazing game that unfortunately was pretty much custom made for the N64 controller making it really hard to put on anything else.

what in the gently caress are you on about here? because that was the only game i had in my n64 collection when i was a kid that required you to not use the analog stick.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah Fallout 4 is pretty good, it's just more Fallout really. Crafting and perks are nice.

The mouth animations look hilariously hosed up though. Like they did face capture on sock puppets for it.

Yeah, the vault tec guy skeeved me out with his teeth. It added to the Oracle lady though.

I really like the lack of skills and the crafting. Overall it makes it feel more survival ish. Use whatever gun works best, you need tape and glue. And the combat is the right balance of difficult, but you can play dress-up instead of max armor.

Rip me though, someone called in to work.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Oh so there are no skills then? I vaguely recall reading something about it a long time ago, but people never talk about it for some reason and it's weird because I feel like this is a big deal. How are the other stuff that depends on skills balanced now? I'm guessing you can't just be awesome at aiming and lockpicking and hacking all at once since the beginning.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
A combination of SPECIAL and perks. For example, picking Master locks requires you to dump 3 or 4 levels into the "Locksmith" perk, which isn't as bad as it sounds because you get a perk at every single level and the average player will supposedly get to like level 50 by the time they finish most of the quests whereas in FO3 launch the level cap was 20.

Similarly, there are weapon type perks with 5 ranks that each give +20% damage (and also interesting features like AE damage or a chance to disarm or chance to instant KO guys at higher ranks) per rank for various weapon types. Gunslinger for pistols, Rifleman for snipers, etc.

Perks still have level and SPECIAL requirements, but you can level your SPECIAL stats instead of getting a new perk. In theory it's possible to "max out" a character and have 10 in every stat and every single perk but you'd have to be like level 250 and you'll run out of content long before you hit 100 I think.

Baku fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 11, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

^ Way better explanation.
It's got perks only now that give much more noticeable boosts to specific areas. It's honestly a better system.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

it does sound much better, I aways felt like all the granularity gurps and some other rpgs offer are unnecessary and modifying an attack into a AOE sounds like the best thing ever

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

program666 posted:

Oh so there are no skills then? I vaguely recall reading something about it a long time ago, but people never talk about it for some reason and it's weird because I feel like this is a big deal. How are the other stuff that depends on skills balanced now? I'm guessing you can't just be awesome at aiming and lockpicking and hacking all at once since the beginning.

They basically used the Skyrim perk tree but better. You have a perk chart and can put a point in a perk if you have the appropriate special points. Example: cannibalism requires 8 endurance.
Each level you get a perk or raise a special stat.
Beyond the first perk point, each new one has character level requirements.

I like it because for things like lockpicking it was loving stupid you couldn't pick a hard lock if you had 74 skill points instead of 75

They also separated the damage perks to melee, unarmed, two handed single action, two handed auto, one handed, and heavy weapons. Which imo makes more sense than being good at shooting with a rifle but bad with a lazer rifle.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
fallout 4 is pretty fun despite its weird issues and if they do the thing again where they give a studio like obsidian with good writers the opportunity to produce a game using these assets/engine/mechanics, they're going to produce a loving great game

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Some of the later levels of perks are interesting/funny. Sadly I chose rifleman, 30%armor bypass.

Highest level of bloody mess has a chance to make other enemies explode too.

Cool thing I noticed, if you sidestep a Ghoul when they lunge at you they fall on the ground. Really liking that they lay around like corpses too.

Also being able to melee with ranged weapons is probably the deal-breaker for me never playing 3/NV again.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

fallout 4 is pretty fun despite its weird issues and if they do the thing again where they give a studio like obsidian with good writers the opportunity to produce a game using these assets/engine/mechanics, they're going to produce a loving great game

I'm not getting my hopes up, especially with Obsidian moving into crowdfunding and running their own franchise, but this would be insanely cool and in my humble opinion Fallout 4's only real source of value

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Nasgate posted:

I like it because for things like lockpicking it was loving stupid you couldn't pick a hard lock if you had 74 skill points instead of 75

lockpicking on older fallouts didn't have this limitation I think, you would be able to pick anything if you're lucky enough, but you could also jam the lock and be locked out of content forever which I think is a much better system than what we had in fo3 and nv.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

program666 posted:

lockpicking on older fallouts didn't have this limitation I think, you would be able to pick anything if you're lucky enough, but you could also jam the lock and be locked out of content forever which I think is a much better system than what we had in fo3 and nv.

In practice everyone just savescummed though

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Alain Post posted:

In practice everyone just savescummed though

yeah but that's easily avoidable by having a game mode that saves all the time, or just not cheating. But randomly locking people out of content forever is something that I feel would only work on a rpg where the whole world is procedurally generated or something, since it would most of the time break the balancing of a normally designed game.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

program666 posted:

You're thinking of Skyrim/Oblivion. Maybe fo3? New Vegas definitely prevented you from lockpicking, and both NV and 3 prevented you from hacking.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Nasgate posted:

You're thinking of Skyrim/Oblivion. Maybe fo3? New Vegas definitely prevented you from lockpicking, and both NV and 3 prevented you from hacking.

I was talking about fo1 and 2

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

program666 posted:

I was talking about fo1 and 2

Ahhh gotcha, I honestly think of them as a separate series to the 3D ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Fallout4 is a game I am excited for. What upcoming games are you excited for, fellow gamers?

• Locked thread