Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chilichimp posted:

LOL, you're gonna get Colin Kaepernick and you'll like it!

We'll make him great again like we did with Vick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

CyberPingu posted:

We'll make him great again like we did with Vick

If that actually happens then good for him. I think we're beyond the "he needs a change of scenery at the very least" stage out here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chilichimp posted:

LOL, you're gonna get Colin Kaepernick and you'll like it!

I'm torn between hating the 9ers in general and wanting them to lose and hating Kaepernick enough that it's funny to me when they win without him.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

CyberPingu posted:

Thought tbh, who the hell else are we going to get to QB for us....

Matt Stafford

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
2016 is going to be twelve weeks of Kaepernick to Agholor looking like Young to Rice, followed by a December of a 62.3 passing rating and a first round flameout.

So it always has been with the Philadelphia Eagles, so always it shall be.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Farchanter posted:

2016 is going to be twelve weeks of Kaepernick to Agholor looking like Young to Rice, followed by a December of a 62.3 passing rating and a first round flameout.

So it always has been with the Philadelphia Eagles, so always it shall be.

I don't really give a poo poo or anything but the Eagles have routinely been one of the best December teams in football outside of last year bruh.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ty1990 posted:

I don't really give a poo poo or anything but the Eagles have routinely been one of the best December teams in football outside of last year bruh.

thats like bragging about being the historically best in garbage time

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Eh not bragging. Just saying they're typically not a team that folds down the stretch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ty1990 posted:

Eh not bragging. Just saying they're typically not a team that folds down the stretch.

No more like the middle

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I can't wait for the 2016 Cleveland Browns to have a QB stable of Colin Kaepernick, Johnny Manziel, and Thad Lewis.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!
How much of the Eagles roster/coaching staff is held over from before last year? Is that historical tendency actually something that matters if the group is like all new?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

its still better than being the worst in garbage time

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Did anyone post this fairly brutal Manziel film breakdown?

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/10/9689988/johnny-manziel-browns-film-breakdown-not-ready-to-start

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

How much of the Eagles roster/coaching staff is held over from before last year? Is that historical tendency actually something that matters if the group is like all new?

The thing with Chips Eagles teams is they are radically dependent on the offensive line. Which I believe the common wisdom is they play better the more they play together.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I want only bad things to happen to Chip Kelly

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Did anyone ever assume Johnny was going to be the kind of passer to make dumb, boring throws or shoot for high-percentage plays? I guess the Browns GM/Owner/Coaches did at some point.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

Did anyone ever assume Johnny was going to be the kind of passer to make dumb, boring throws or shoot for high-percentage plays? I guess the Browns GM/Owner/Coaches did at some point.

if he wants a second contract yes he needs to be able to do basic boring QB poo poo at the same level as one of the McCowns

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

if he wants a second contract yes he needs to be able to do basic boring QB poo poo at the same level as one of the McCowns

I think we're past that at this point.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Jay Cutler. He owns.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Can we just officially name the line between "passable starter" and "decent backup" the McCown Line?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Yoshifan823 posted:

Can we just officially name the line between "passable starter" and "decent backup" the McCown Line?

That belongs to Orton.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Yoshifan823 posted:

so when you cross the line north through belgium (injuries to the starter) instead of through hard work it's the Manziel Strategy?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Flikken posted:

That belongs to Orton.

Orton is the best starter ever, you take that back! :mad:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

hughesta posted:

Jay Cutler. He owns.

It was a classic Cutler game - stripsack, picksix, then game winning drive in the 4th . The cutler hat trick

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
At the edge of the solar system of Upper Level quarterbacks lies the Oorton Cloud

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Antonio Brown had more yards from scrimmage (306 yards) on Sunday than 3 entire teams (Jets, Vikings and Skins) lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Raku posted:

At the edge of the solar system of Upper Level quarterbacks lies the Oorton Cloud

This is a top tier comment more astronomy puns tia

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Sorry but the line between viable franchise QB and problem that needs to be replaced was irrevocably linked to Dalton in 2012. Now anyone who doesn't have 18 or better TDs, 4 or fewer INTs, a 67% completion rating and a 111 passer rating or better is a garbage QB.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Bengals posters coming for that Seahawks Crown in every thread

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Philip Rivers

He's good

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

BrownThunder posted:

As a fan of a divisional rival that knows one of the most annoying Bengals fans known to man, I'm just not seeing it. I'm seeing somewhat of a heel turn but nothing like what the Hawks went through, yet.

Now if they win the Superbowl then talk about repeating non stop the ya, that's going full Seahawk.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ross Angeles posted:

Philip Rivers

He's good

when is michael j nelson going to acknowledge he's the father

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I mean there's a reason Bengals fans have a chip on their shoulder. Last video I saw was some ex player talking poo poo about how he'd take the Broncos because they have the better QB. In week of our lord 10 of the 2015 season. But, you see, Manning knows how to win playoff games. I bet I could find the exact same guy badmouthing Peyton in the playoffs during Manning's actual peak, but since he's being compared to the Bengals a geriatric Peyton doing worse in every metric with worse supporting talent is somehow superior. Never mind the fact that Peyton didn't win a playoff game until year six.

It's going to be such a lovely offseason if they don't make some hay and break a few barriers this year.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Antonio Brown had more yards from scrimmage (306 yards) on Sunday than 3 entire teams (Jets, Vikings and Skins) lmao

And two of those teams won anyway

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrownThunder posted:

Lol and the AV change just proving the point

Never stop, Bengals fans. Fly as high as your smug can carry you.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I don't even get it, what did Bengals fans do on this page except one guy making a joke about how plain jane QB Andy Dalton came back from summer break with some big ol titties and a new wardrobe.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Bengals fans are high stepping before they reach the endzone. Let's see how that works:

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Chichevache posted:

Bengals fans are high stepping before they reach the endzone. Let's see how that works:

Everyone rolls their eyes about the stupid clickbait "which GoT character matches up with your nfl team?" crap but deep down we all want to make our own lists.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I don't even get it, what did Bengals fans do on this page except one guy making a joke about how plain jane QB Andy Dalton came back from summer break with some big ol titties and a new wardrobe.

There are like 16 of us posting while the iron is hot so it drains everyones' tolerance pretty quick. Intentional dumbposts are also taken as serious brags a lot some of the time. Thanks for reading my thesis. andy dalton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

As a brit who started watching NFL early this year at the superbowl, I needed something to latch on to, to get invested in the game. I ended up initially choosing the Seahawks over the Patriots because Marshawn Lynch is a strange dude but when the new season started I made the decision to forget about the Seahawks, watch the Red Zone and just find a team that made big plays and had a young up-and-comer. When I heard about the Jaguars possibly moving to London I gave them some thought but decided that would involve too much heartache. Then I noticed one of the cheap QB options on the nfl fantasy website was doing really well and I started watching him with interest.

Tyrod Taylor motherfuckers! Watching the Bills without him was tragic but I've had tons of fun watching this dumb flawed team with it's dumb foot fetishist coach and spotty defence. I don't understand half the lingo of this sport still halfway through the season but I'm planning on staying up all night thursday to watch the Bills Jets game because of the high stakes and it's looking like it'll be a good match. Even if they don't get the wildcard I think I've found my team, though I won't lie if Taylor moved I'd probably swap with him.

As to an actual question, do QBs often switch teams? I guess I'm asking if it's safe to look into a jersey or whether I should be worried about another team stealing Taylor away at the end of the season.

• Locked thread