Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Asimo posted:

Also the Lokin recruitment quest seems bugged to hell. The Rakghoul tunnels stage is fine, but the final(?) stage on tatooine has you drop a probe in the sarlaac, except activating the probe doesn't actually... do anything. Some sort of box or something is supposed to spawn, but it doesn't, and there's like twenty people standing around it. Also resetting the quest means you have go back to Alderaan to talk to Lokin again, except at some point he vanished from my contact list so I couldn't even quick travel back. :ughh: Luckily that step doesn't require a limited-time event anyway.

I found that by logging out then right back in the item appeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I found that by logging out then right back in the item appeared.

And this is the same solution for people having issues with clicking an object in a previous recruitment quest for Xalec. When you need to click the ice wall on Illum

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I should have thought of that first since I needed to do it for that quest too. :downs:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

SKY COQ posted:

Huh, you're 100% right. I was sure it was Kevin J Anderson.

How dare you. None of those things are as bad as anything Kevin J Anderson invented.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Longbaugh01 posted:

How dare you. None of those things are as bad as anything Kevin J Anderson invented.

Kevin J. Anderson built a career off of taking something that was popular and finding a way to make it more like a ten-year-old made it. "Oh, you thought the Death Star was cool? Check out my SUN CRUSHER, it blows up suns and is completely invincible because it's covered in a special wizard armor!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So if anyone wants to run HM EV tonight I would really like to. And ideally, swap out at Soa so we have a lockout we can repeat through the week and farm 224 main hands.

Edit - I should be home around 8pm EST.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

So if anyone wants to run HM EV tonight I would really like to. And ideally, swap out at Soa so we have a lockout we can repeat through the week and farm 224 main hands.

Edit - I should be home around 8pm EST.

I'd love to heal on my sorc, but not sure she has the gear for it. What's the recommended gear level for hm ops these days?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Casyl posted:

I'd love to heal on my sorc, but not sure she has the gear for it. What's the recommended gear level for hm ops these days?

EV you should be able to get away with augmented mix of 208/216.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Having heard no objections, I'm declaring 7:00 Eastern on Thursday and Sunday as the official times for the HM ops group. We'll not be running EV so people can feel free to burn lockouts on the no doubt many farming runs that we'll do this week. On that note...

Medullah posted:

And ideally, swap out at Soa so we have a lockout we can repeat through the week and farm 224 main hands.

While this is a good idea, I'd suggest we mostly use that lockout on iffily-geared alts and people who don't want to run the full op. There's plenty of good loot in the fights leading up to Soa and it would be a shame to only get it once.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
I haven't actually started KotFE yet, since I wanted to get all my Imperial characters through SoR first (almost there.... aaallllmmmoooost theeeerrrree) and then possibly level up my 'pubbler characters, but now I'm wondering if I should make a start with the one character who has finished SoR...

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

EV you should be able to get away with augmented mix of 208/216.

Cool. I'm in mostly 208 gear with a few 216 and 200 pieces but I've got some comms to use and can be fully augmented by tonight.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HundredBears posted:

Having heard no objections, I'm declaring 7:00 Eastern on Thursday and Sunday as the official times for the HM ops group. We'll not be running EV so people can feel free to burn lockouts on the no doubt many farming runs that we'll do this week. On that note...

While this is a good idea, I'd suggest we mostly use that lockout on iffily-geared alts and people who don't want to run the full op. There's plenty of good loot in the fights leading up to Soa and it would be a shame to only get it once.

True. Maybe I'll just save the lockout for Monday night and we can run it as needed.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Also, can you elitist fuckers in TNG come join 'TNGchat' and talk so I don't feel like I'm the only goon online....

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
God dammit, some dude named Shueph decided to unload what I'm guessing was a whole mule of Anodyne Extracts and Metamorphic Cell Cultures and single-handedly crash those markets.

Notice that this is the sixth page. All of the previous pages are filled by stacks of 99, by the same guy, priced the same.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Beeme posted:

God dammit, some dude named Shueph decided to unload what I'm guessing was a whole mule of Anodyne Extracts and Metamorphic Cell Cultures and single-handedly crash those markets.

Notice that this is the sixth page. All of the previous pages are filled by stacks of 99, by the same guy, priced the same.

:negative:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Beeme posted:

Hmm, I want these to sell quick, better price them at 40% of the next cheapest offering.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

OzCavalier posted:

Also, can you elitist fuckers in TNG come join 'TNGchat' and talk so I don't feel like I'm the only goon online....

Is that an ingame channel or something?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

And in my Japanese Animes the female ninjas wear no clothes to distract their enemies, you see! It doesn't matter what in setting explanation the writers invent, the real question is why they didn't go with something less awkward sounding in the first place. There are any number of functional synonyms available.

This isn't really equivalent to your masturbation habits.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's a wonderful day to be questing through the biology-rich fields of Rishi and Yavin 4. That's just what I got in the last bit of Rishi, was rather lucky with my diplomacy crits since my guys are just influence 10-12.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bruceski posted:

It's a wonderful day to be questing through the biology-rich fields of Rishi and Yavin 4. That's just what I got in the last bit of Rishi, was rather lucky with my diplomacy crits since my guys are just influence 10-12.

What the gently caress how do I do this

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Bruceski posted:

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i've made like 4 mil tonight just from biology

school paid off

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Aphrodite posted:

This isn't really equivalent to your masturbation habits.

Hahaha that's what you think.

The purpose of that line was to illustrate an issue with (in this case Cythereal wasn't but it's a very common thing to do) justifying decisions made by writers with events written by said writers: fiction isn't a process by which writers simply dutifully record the happenings of an alternate universe. If something is, it's because they wrote it that way, and no amount of in universe explanations written to justify whatever they wanted to do after the fact absolve them from scrutiny.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Longbaugh01 posted:

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS

Lessee... going from memory that's 2 stacks of diplomacy blues at about 4K each, 3 stacks and a bit of biology greens at 1300 each, and about 25 diplomacy purples at... God I can't do the math right now but I was just as stunned that people bought them since they're not much of a better rate than blues.

20 minutes per companion quest, 5 companions ~7 each trip (C2's had half the yield but half the deploy time), that's 2 hours of sending guys out on Diplomacy while I ran around with Risha saving the galaxy and chewing up animals into paste.

EDIT: do note I'm on a different server from y'all, so don't take my prices as gospel. Don't take them as gospel anyway, because the GTN is insanely volatile at the best of times, and this is not the best of times. Prices are gonna spike and fall all over the place while people recruit Lokin this week.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ridiculously successful raiding night for TNG. This Hard Mode of the week thing is going to make gearing insanely easy. Two full runs of Hard Mode EV in just over two hours, EVERY boss drops both an unassembled 220 AND 224 token on 8 man. That's nuts.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ridiculously successful raiding night for TNG. This Hard Mode of the week thing is going to make gearing insanely easy. Two full runs of Hard Mode EV in just over two hours, EVERY boss drops both an unassembled 220 AND 224 token on 8 man. That's nuts.

And as we learned, Soa can be kited after he enrages because one of your DPS fell and spent the whole last floor of the fight dead.

I may have been that DPS.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

FordPRefectLL posted:

i've made like 4 mil tonight just from biology

school paid off

Same for my wife and I from diplomacy medical supplies. How long does this event last?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Same for my wife and I from diplomacy medical supplies. How long does this event last?

It's not so much for an event as an alliance recruitment companion who demands huge amounts of biochem mats. After that he gives you a quest that requires the rakghoul event to be active to finish recruiting him.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Cythereal posted:

It's not so much for an event as an alliance recruitment companion who demands huge amounts of biochem mats. After that he gives you a quest that requires the rakghoul event to be active to finish recruiting him.

Well, yeah, but everybody is like "oh poo poo I'd better grind out the first part of this RIGHT NOW so I can do the other part before the event ends!"

And you guys were really not kidding about how hot these mats are selling. I just listed what I had lying around, logged back in to that character about an hour later and sold literally all of it and made at least 2 million.

P.S. I didn't list full stacks, I broke 'em down into the exact increments that give people rep gains:

Anodyne Extract x24 = 300 influence
Metamorphic Cell Cultures x24 = 300 influence
Hemostatic Gel x20 = 300 influence
Autoimmune Regulators x12 = 300 influence

It seems like people are passing up stuff where the price per unit is lower to get these convenient amounts.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Finally finished the Sith Warrior story: Working against Baras was a lot of fun in act 3. I really liked the sith helper you get (who I'm pretty sure was the not-James-Earl-Jones guy from Colony Wars) and fund the other one almost hilariously pointless. Ended up being a sort of tempered dark side, merciless but honorable, with the idea that she could carve through anything that tried to get one over on her through sneaky means. Also was more the Emperor's Servant type than the 'BOW TO ME' sort.

From what I've seen of Makeb I think I might do that with my SW first, as being in command of a team and doing stuff for the empire seems to naturally fit a sith better than my BH.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Bounty Hunter often gets treated with little respect or appeased with money in the conversations, at least in the original, and a sith lord everybody tippy toed on.

It was actually cool in multiplayer conversation wheels where they insult the Bounty Hunter character, but the next response can be your Sith warrior buddy you're playing with pretty much chiming in to put that questgiver in his place real quick.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I loved that about the BH story. A ton of Sith got really, really pissy when you stood up to them, but the Imperial officers just kind of sighed, grit their teeth and got on with dealing with the uppity little mercenary poo poo.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

I loved that about the BH story. A ton of Sith got really, really pissy when you stood up to them, but the Imperial officers just kind of sighed, grit their teeth and got on with dealing with the uppity little mercenary poo poo.

Yeah I loved being able to screw up a sith players super darkside choice then make them take the blame for it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tirranek posted:

Yeah I loved being able to screw up a sith players super darkside choice then make them take the blame for it.

[Group of three Sith, one Bounty Hunter]

"Ah, wonderful to see the Council has graced us with its presence."

BH: [cough]

"Oh yes, and the Hunter."

:haw:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

[Group of three Sith, one Bounty Hunter]

"Ah, wonderful to see the Council has graced us with its presence."

BH: [cough]

"Oh yes, and the Hunter."

:haw:

lol in this case it was that mission on Balmorra where you rig the radios to explode, and then another guy gives you a lighter side choice to do it to grenades instead to target soldiers. They all went with the dark choice except me, I won, then when the guy berated everyone I won the roll basically saying 'yeah, guys, what were you thinking?'

It was great.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

poptart_fairy posted:

My BH's outfit is finally coming together:

Just finished that storyline. Ultiamtely betrayed Tormen and sided with the Chancellor. Partly because gently caress Sith, partly because My Reputation, but mostly because since becoming a Mandalorian I noticed my motivation in missions went from "gimme money" to "gimme a challenge". Corpsing a Sith in his own flagship seemed to fit into that quite nicely.

Would you guys suggest I just focus on storyline missions for Cartel and Revan content, then come back to them when I'm done with the Knights stuff? I don't know how many rewards would actually be relevant even though I'm 65.
Bounty Hunters get a Jawa companion!?!?!?!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pierson posted:

Bounty Hunters get a Jawa companion!?!?!?!

Yes, yes they do. BH get the best companion (and also the worst companion).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yes, yes they do. BH get the best companion (and also the worst companion).

BH has some of the best companions in the game, but yeah, they also have literally the worst one.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope we get the following option when we get to Skadge.

@2:15

https://youtu.be/f-o9yfLnaNU?t=136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Iron Tusk posted:

I hope we get the following option when we get to Skadge.

@2:15

https://youtu.be/f-o9yfLnaNU?t=136

drat, that is freaking awesome.

As an FYI, Mk-8 Augmentation Kits are currently going for 60K, so if you need to stock up on a few - now's the time.

• Locked thread