Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are the weapon drops level capped? It feels like the weapon drops are level capped.

It is. Except some unique weapons.
Level and difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did they get rid of weapon deterioration?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did they get rid of weapon deterioration?

Yes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the Wicked Shipping company with the most boston man in the universe leaving a holotape there.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Weapon modification is pretty cool, but I really wish that they would give you more Real Guns and let you make cobbled together improvements rather than the rusty pipe guns you get for the first twenty hours of your playthrough.

Also, when my gf was watching me play last night: "What is that thing called? Yao guai? Oh, 'Monster' (fight happens) JESUS I can see why!"

Those things are terrifying, especially since I tend to run into them in the middle of nowhere at night.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Man, the Gun Runners really need to expand their operations out east. These guys have got crap to work with. When we finally get to the point where the East and West Coast games intersect, the East Coast is gonna be in deep poo poo.

Haha, Boston Rad-Sox.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Still waiting for the West Coast remake of this game, a la New Vegas.

e: to clarify I am still, in fact, waiting after a day of release

weak wrists big dick fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 11, 2015

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Buttmeister posted:

Still waiting for the West Coast remake of this game, a la New Vegas.

San Fran would be rad.

Also I think Miami could be pretty cool, get a little bit of a waterworld vibe going.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Thank christ almighty, I was wondering the same for a bit there.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

OwlFancier posted:

I like the Wicked Shipping company with the most boston man in the universe leaving a holotape there.

That loving Protectron though. I booted him up as a Metro Steward and for shits and giggles, and I didn't have a Metro token on me. He instantly murdered me with his dual railway cannons. Choo choo.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

revmoo posted:

San Fran would be rad.

Also I think Miami could be pretty cool, get a little bit of a waterworld vibe going.

I have my fingers crossed for a post-courier New Vegas being included somehow, either through DLC or otherwise, but a San Fran would be neat or the Pacific Northwest (Washington/Oregon)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Did they get rid of resting?

Perfect World
Jan 16, 2009

Has anyone else had any problems trying to get Paladin Danse as a follower? I've done the mission in the police station and I've done the radiant quests for those two about 5 times each but he doesn't offer any new missions or new dialogue. I haven't yet gone to Diamond City if that matters.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

causticBeet posted:

You can rest in beds but AFAIK standing stock still in the middle of the wasteland for 20 hours on command is out

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

So this dick Preston just straight up jacked my power armor, is there any way to kick him out of the frame?

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

causticBeet posted:

I've seen the [SLEEP] pop-up over beds and such. Haven't seen a way to press T and just wait for x hours like in the last 10 Bethesda games, though.

I want a spergy survival mod.

e:

Hipster Occultist posted:

So this dick Preston just straight up jacked my power armor, is there any way to kick him out of the frame?

I've read that you can sneak up to enemy dudes in power armour and pick pocket their fusion core, which shuts down their suit. Maybe that works for Preston's power armour as well?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Holy gently caress Bethseda, how do you even make an UI this bad

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
how do armor pieces work? i have a nice unique wastelander armor piece that i can't seem to wear over any armor i have.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

botany posted:

how do armor pieces work? i have a nice unique wastelander armor piece that i can't seem to wear over any armor i have.

There are armor pieces and then there are armor sets. Sets will cover everything except for the head and are usually the worse option. On the other hand, you have the option to build things piecemeal: a jumpsuit for clothes, then individual piece on each limb and chest on top of the jumpsuit (usually your vaultsuit at start). You cannot put an armor piece over top of an armor set

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Merdifex posted:

Can't we all just agree, at least in this thread, that Bethesda did much better things with the Fallout franchise than Interplay / Obsidian ever did?

You should kill yourself before your dementia gets worse and one of your family is forced to put you out of your misery.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dogmeat is borderline useless compared to FO3 but I can give him doggles, a bandana, and a doghouse, so that's okay. :kimchi:

Arzachel posted:

Holy gently caress Bethseda, how do you even make an UI this bad

Right? It's the worst part of the game.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Really diggin the game giving me an early piece of gear with chameleon on it.

Really *not* digging how the entire loving pip-boy UI wigs the gently caress out and you can't use it when stealthed/invisible due to the chameleon effect.

:bethesda:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Harrow posted:

Where can I find some energy weapons besides the laser musket? I'm about level 7 now, and I've done Concord and the Corvega Power Plant quests. So far nothing but pipe guns, though I did find a sweet SMG.

Do yourself a favor and just do the mainquest until you get to diamond city, and then keep doing the main quest. It isn't like New Vegas where you can just go wherever you want at your own pace.

Also get the rank 1 gun mods perk and turn a short barrel shotgun into a long barrel heavy shotgun with reflex sights. Wrecks ghoul packs in just a few shots, and everything else too.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 11, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Wow, the Mirelurk Queen is a loving awful fight, at least on Survival.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 11, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

revmoo posted:

San Fran would be rad.
Isn't Shi-Town from the old games in the ruins of San Francisco? It's population was descended from Chinese POWs.

Obsidian at one point said they'd like to make a game set in the Los Angeles Boneyard, right in the heartland of the NCR. Considering how bad the NCR is at managing their trade routes from raiders, you could still maintain that lawless feel.

Does Preston not know who or what the Vault Dwellers are? It always seemed like common knowledge before, but Preston only gives a cursory challenge to your character's questions. "You don't know what a loving Ghoul is? You're not from here, eh?"

Is it too much for me to expect that Shaun's kidnapping actually happened decades ago and I was frozen again before escaping. That's probably giving Bethesda too much credit.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 11, 2015

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
So can you still crit randomly outside of vats?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Binary maths.

The way you store negative numbers is by putting a 1 at the beginning of the number in binary.

Nope, not exactly (for integers, anyway)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two%27s_complement

It's more like negative numbers in signed integers count down from what would be the very largest value that can be stored in an unsigned integer.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I got mysterious stranger literally the first chance I got but I'm now level 6 or so and have yet to see him once. My luck is hovering around 5 or 6 right now I think.

I wish there was some way to see percentages because it sucks to have a skill feel useless because I didn't pump enough points into luck or whatever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quadrophrenic posted:

Also I really hate that there's no snap on building stuff. I cleared out an entire loving house and I want to square a new building on the foundation so that I don't have foundation sticking out, but to do that I need to line the first wall piece exactly square with the foundation or I will forever have a building that is off the foundation a hair and I'm OCD and that will give me an aneurysm

christ

If you put a wood floor over the top of the foundation it kind of works, as the floor lengths are just as long as the walls. The whole system is super glitchy, but I did manage to build my 5 story mansion on top of the gas station while the workers can live in the lovely prefabs on the ground. It's too time consuming though.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it too much for me to expect that Shaun's kidnapping actually happened decades ago and I was frozen again before escaping. That's probably giving Bethesda too much credit.

I really, really loathe this main storyline and I hope the kid is long loving dead and I accidentally got frozen for another 100 years. The further I get into the game the more I realize its not New Vegas with some baller rear end new graphics and that is making me unbelievably sad.

I'm exploring as much as possible hoping to find neat little side quests and poo poo but so far they seem to be pushing "DO THE MAIN loving STORYLINE" really hard. Disappointing because the main story sucks some hard dick and being able to Go Wherever Do Whatever from FONV was probably the best quality of the game. Also this base building garbage is horrible and whoever came up with it needs to be beaten.

I'm glad I took the perk for no companions though because goddamn the dog is awful and gets in the way constantly.

So far the game is doing some things spectacularly well and other things spectacularly Bethesda-ish.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 11, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been assuming this as well, actually.

edit: Question about the best questline in Diamond City; Is there an actual dialogue path I can use to save Kent at the hospital, or do I just have to be very quick at dispensing justice as The Silver Shround?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Your Computer posted:

Any way to get rid of radiation other than radaway?

Yeah Doctors you'll find later on can remove it. Or you can get the Endurance Perk that regens it, but I think it's pretty high up.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

So I ran out of wood for building pretty drat quick. Can I start a tree farm or a logging camp or something anywhere?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hate that I don't know every little thing about this game yet. I'm not used to it, and combat is really unforgiving.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Digital_Jesus posted:

I really, really loathe this main storyline and I hope the kid is long loving dead and I accidentally got frozen for another 100 years. The further I get into the game the more I realize its not New Vegas with some baller rear end new graphics and that is making me unbelievably sad.

I'm exploring as much as possible hoping to find neat little side quests and poo poo but so far they seem to be pushing "DO THE MAIN loving STORYLINE" really hard. Disappointing because the main story sucks some hard dick and being able to Go Wherever Do Whatever from FONV was probably the best quality of the game. Also this base building garbage is horrible and whoever came up with it needs to be beaten.

The thing I really hate about this story line is that you have literally nothing to go on, no way of knowing when he was kidnapped, by who or even when it happened. To kick the main story off apparently you have to listen to the babbling of a literally insane woman and do what she suggests. They could have at least left some clue behind like accidentally dropped their business card for bad guys incorporated so you have something to go on.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How does happiness work for your settlements. I spruced up Sanctuary and added a melon/Tato farm, water pumps, turrets, and even a horrid prefab wooden flophouse for everyone to sleep in, and these INGRATES have the nerve to only be 31 happy. Do I need to put decor up? Does it actually change anything?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The laser musket is one of the coolest weapons I've seen in recent memory. It's really a genius way to essentially make a bolt-action laser gun.

Now, the whole idea of turning a crank to "charge up" a laser is a bit silly but I'll be goddamned if it doesn't feel so loving good in combat.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Haven't seen it referenced in reviews, does this game has a hardcore mode like New Vegas, where you have to eat, drink and sleep?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

revmoo posted:

San Fran would be rad.

As someone born and raised in Miami If love the chance to experience a Fallout game here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

causticBeet posted:

If you sit in a chair or find a bed you can rest.

• Locked thread