Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurelyForth
May 21, 2007

Iron Tusk posted:

I hope we get the following option when we get to Skadge.

@2:15

https://youtu.be/f-o9yfLnaNU?t=136

I pray that it's half this good. I'd let Blizz do the honors, but Blizz is too good-natured to be as offended by Skadge's awfulness as I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fuzz posted:

BH has some of the best companions in the game, but yeah, they also have literally the worst one.

Worse than Corso? That guy hangs out on my ship, currently pantsless since the update, and during story scenes he randomly will walk in from off screen to interject his stupid opinion. I decided not to give him his gun back just to see what he would do about it, and he totally bitched out.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Worse than Corso? That guy hangs out on my ship, currently pantsless since the update, and during story scenes he randomly will walk in from off screen to interject his stupid opinion. I decided not to give him his gun back just to see what he would do about it, and he totally bitched out.

They're not even in the same league. Skadge is just that bad

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
He also looks like a literal pile of poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Corso's first appearance doesn't have him threatening some kind of heinous unspoken poo poo against a wounded woman.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tirranek posted:

lol in this case it was that mission on Balmorra where you rig the radios to explode, and then another guy gives you a lighter side choice to do it to grenades instead to target soldiers. They all went with the dark choice except me, I won, then when the guy berated everyone I won the roll basically saying 'yeah, guys, what were you thinking?'

It was great.

When this game first came out, the whole multiplayer narrative choice stuff felt so cool and was something I had never seen in a game before.

It's great that they're moving towards more focused story stuff, but now the story seems more solo-restricted than ever. Can you even play KOTFE as a group?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
FYI if you are maxing out on Glowing Crystals (Elites) and are all stocked up on 216 gear, you can buy Exotic Isotope Stabilizers for 25 crystals from the smuggled supplies vendor on Odessan, and they sell for a little bit.

I tried to transfer crystals that way but sadly didn't work. :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

prefect posted:

Corso's first appearance doesn't have him threatening some kind of heinous unspoken poo poo against a wounded woman.

Boy am I glad I just rolled a BH this morning!!!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Blockhouse posted:

Boy am I glad I just rolled a BH this morning!!!

Skadge is, at least, the very last companion you'll pick up. The other four are all fine to great.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Skadge is, at least, the very last companion you'll pick up. The other four are all fine to great.

You barely have to talk to him, too. Yes he's terrible but he's not going to ruin the entire experience for you, jeepers

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Someone linked a video to me earlier of one of the Accept Valkorian's Help Y/N scenes in KOTFE, and it sure as hell looks like you kill skadge in the collateral damage if you do accept the help. We can live in hope.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ainsley McTree posted:

You barely have to talk to him, too. Yes he's terrible but he's not going to ruin the entire experience for you, jeepers

I know I was overreacting for comedic effect

I already really like the hunter and Mako's interactions more than any other companion I've seen so far. The fact that they just bullshit with each other mid-quest is great. It's like what if Corso wasn't annoyingly bland and nothing.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 11, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

I know I was overreacting for comedic effect

I already really like the hunter and Mako's interactions more than any other companion I've seen so far. The fact that they just bullshit with each other mid-quest is great. It's like what if Corso wasn't annoyingly bland and nothing.

Mako is everyone's favorite companion, and come on, you know why.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Someone linked a video to me earlier of one of the Accept Valkorian's Help Y/N scenes in KOTFE, and it sure as hell looks like you kill skadge in the collateral damage if you do accept the help. We can live in hope.

Wow, they all look alike to you, huh

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Considering he's got the same model as the rest of them, unless they want to staple a nametag to his skull I'm not sure how else I could differentiate him :shrug:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
As a side note, on my BH who's into the KOTFE stuff:

Blizz (And Skadge, but who cares) can't be pulled back onto your team with the thing in your office, unlike Torian and Mako and Gault. Which suggests he may well be out there for everyone, come January. Though, weirdly, I'm really hoping that Gault makes an in-story appearance in later chapters too so Hylo Viz can...respond to his presence.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Mako is everyone's favorite companion, and come on, you know why.

I picked the Mako customization that turned out to make her look just like Coral, so that quest series confused me a little more.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wow, they all look alike to you, huh

I'm racist against Skadges. So much so that I only recently found out that there's another name for them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

unseenlibrarian posted:

As a side note, on my BH who's into the KOTFE stuff:

Blizz (And Skadge, but who cares) can't be pulled back onto your team with the thing in your office, unlike Torian and Mako and Gault. Which suggests he may well be out there for everyone, come January. Though, weirdly, I'm really hoping that Gault makes an in-story appearance in later chapters too so Hylo Viz can...respond to his presence.

If the teaser image for the next patch is what it looks like, we're going to see Kaliyo. I'm hoping this is what happens, because my Jedi Knight has met her before (she's a "friend" of Doc's), and I'm hoping that gets mentioned.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

prefect posted:

I'm racist against Skadges. So much so that I only recently found out that there's another name for them.

I find it hilarious that every single bit character in every single movie has a race, probably with an extensive EU backstory. But because of tradition no one wants to be the guy who ruins the whole "Yoda's Species" thing for the rest of them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does the new companion system make it reasonable to level with something besides "You = DPS, companion = Healer"? It would be cool to actually try out some different combinations. I'm actually doing double DPS with my KOTFE main and it's working out pretty well.

Also is there a good World Boss guide, I'm doing that one recruitment quest. Are they on timers? (I can't believe they are forcing multiplayer for that other one, but I guess these are all optional)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kurieg posted:

I find it hilarious that every single bit character in every single movie has a race, probably with an extensive EU backstory. But because of tradition no one wants to be the guy who ruins the whole "Yoda's Species" thing for the rest of them.

Well, Master Oteg was pretty annoying on Pub side...

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

So if anyone likes collecting achievements there's a hidden one related to the most recent Alliance recruit:

After you get Lokin, there will be a rakghoul named "Scritchy" who hangs out up on the pipes/rafters of the military section of your Alliance base. He does move around up there so he's not always in the same spot.

To unlock the achievement you have to loot this tiny crate on top of the console:

That will give you an extra ability to throw some meat. It's on a fairly short timer I think, but all you have to do is toss it to Scritchy. The first time you do it it will unlock the achievement so you can see it, but you have to do it 10 times to complete it and you can only feed Scritchy once a day.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does the new companion system make it reasonable to level with something besides "You = DPS, companion = Healer"? It would be cool to actually try out some different combinations. I'm actually doing double DPS with my KOTFE main and it's working out pretty well

You can absolutely level with a non-healer. I've had Khem tank for my backstabbing Inquisitor (and my lightning Inquisitor), I've had Vette DPS for my dual-lightsaber Warrior, and my Consular has tanked while Nadia does DPS.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

So if anyone likes collecting achievements there's a hidden one related to the most recent Alliance recruit:

After you get Lokin, there will be a rakghoul named "Scritchy" who hangs out up on the pipes/rafters of the military section of your Alliance base. He does move around up there so he's not always in the same spot.

To unlock the achievement you have to loot this tiny crate on top of the console:

That will give you an extra ability to throw some meat. It's on a fairly short timer I think, but all you have to do is toss it to Scritchy. The first time you do it it will unlock the achievement so you can see it, but you have to do it 10 times to complete it and you can only feed Scritchy once a day.

Awwww I was hoping to be the first to get this. :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Well, Master Oteg was pretty annoying on Pub side...

Yes. There are other "Guys from yoda's species" but

quote:

For reasons unknown, George Lucas maintains a strict policy of keeping the history, name, origin, and whereabouts of this species unknown. This policy has resulted even in certain Star Wars publications being canceled. A significant example of this policy was when Lucasfilm (likely at the direction of George Lucas himself) ordered the pulping of the entire print run of a yet-to-be-released Star Wars trading card depicting a group of the unknown tridactyl species worshiping a larger-than-life-size statue of one of their number, led in prayer by an individual who may have been intended to be Yoda.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lucas has yet to discover my yoda erotic fanfic

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Yes. There are other "Guys from yoda's species" but

Ah yeah, like how we'll never know what a Jawa looks like under his cloak. Except Leia, who has a drunken memory of that one night on Tatooine where she got a bit too into the Sarlacc Absinthe...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Kurieg posted:

For reasons unknown, George Lucas maintains a strict policy of keeping the history, name, origin, and whereabouts of this species unknown. This policy has resulted even in certain Star Wars publications being canceled. A significant example of this policy was when Lucasfilm (likely at the direction of George Lucas himself) ordered the pulping of the entire print run of a yet-to-be-released Star Wars trading card depicting a group of the unknown tridactyl species worshiping a larger-than-life-size statue of one of their number, led in prayer by an individual who may have been intended to be Yoda.

:confused:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

More or less, yes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow, so World Bosses are on a variable timer? I thought I would try to do them for that alliance recruitment quest but I guess I'm farming bear asses on Hoth

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow, so World Bosses are on a variable timer? I thought I would try to do them for that alliance recruitment quest but I guess I'm farming bear asses on Hoth

If you haven't already, try switching instances where available. Just because a boss is not up on instance 1 doesn't mean you can't get him on 2 or 3 or whatever.

Have fun with the bear asses if you go that way. They're on a 10 min respawn timer and likely heavily camped. There's 4-5 on Highmount Ridge on Hoth, which is where I got my 20 kills. Still took about 2 hours my 2nd time around that quest.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I quite liked Jedi Knight chapter 2 because it felt like it was building to something interesting, but the climax is such lazy, abbreviated, anti-climatic poo poo that I have no interest in getting back on the planet-tour train for chapter 3.

How do I kill off companions?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Emy posted:

And as we learned, Soa can be kited after he enrages because one of your DPS fell and spent the whole last floor of the fight dead.

I may have been that DPS.

Correction: 2 of your DPS. I may have been the other one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Have fun with the bear asses if you go that way. They're on a 10 min respawn timer and likely heavily camped. There's 4-5 on Highmount Ridge on Hoth, which is where I got my 20 kills. Still took about 2 hours my 2nd time around that quest.

7 of them. 3 in a cluster on the south side of the peak, 1 around to the west that most folks don't circle around to, 1 near the scout guys, 1 further east along that ridge towards the legendary wampa, and then one due south of there.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I was watching Gotham and I realized that Selina Kyle's character is basically Kaliyo, which was pretty disappointing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I would honestly not bother with that one because it's one of my least favorite companions, but it's a bar to recruiting one of my most favorite, so :sigh:

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Is there any interest in doing the event Operation tonight?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

Is there any interest in doing the event Operation tonight?

I won't be on probably, going over to my sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

I won't be on probably, going over to my sisters.

How dare you have plans??

• Locked thread