Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Notorious QIG posted:

also i had to resort to using the console at one point, i walked into a building with an open door and then when i turned around to leave some npc had closed the door and it had a master lock which im not able to pick

~bethesda~

same, got stuck in a wall in diamond city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Al! posted:

i've noticed that the autosaving is not as frequent as Skyrim which seems like a bad idea because the reason bethesda games have so much autosaving in the first place is that the game could break irrevocably at any time

you can change this in the menu. i have it set to every 5 minutes. i also turned the difficulty down from very hard because the deathclaw fight was unwinnable with my build

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
gamebryo, gamebyro never changes

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
a friend bought me fallout 4 for my birthday but i told myself that i wont start it till im done with witcher 3

given the number of sidequests in that game i estimate ill be done around march of next year and by that time bethesda should have 10gb of patches for fallout so it should be playable

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i looked through my scope in diamond city and teleported a few hundred yards to the spot i was looking at

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

sandoz posted:

i looked through my scope in diamond city and teleported a few hundred yards to the spot i was looking at

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

sandoz posted:

that sounds like a useful ability

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

he'll either reappear when you change zones or he'll warp back to the gas station or sanctuary

do they companions at least have the surprisingly good wheel thing from new vegas or is it still clunky dialog boxes

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sandoz posted:

lol

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Fabricated posted:

gamebryo, gamebyro never changes

also is there any gameplay reason for being able to hold rmb and wiggle your arm around when you've got the pipboy out

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

do they companions at least have the surprisingly good wheel thing from new vegas or is it still clunky dialog boxes

neither, now you activate them and then click on a thing and they interact with the thing, you can also talk to them

it's alright, but i think i prefer the wheel. it's much easier to heal a downed companion though, you just walk up to them and press E and you stimpack them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

(they auto stand up after the fight is done but that way you can get them back if a fight is particularly hard)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kuvo posted:

a friend bought me fallout 4 for my birthday but i told myself that i wont start it till im done with witcher 3

given the number of sidequests in that game i estimate ill be done around march of next year and by that time bethesda should have 10gb of patches for fallout so it should be playable
by that time there will be new expansion for witcher 3 :buddy:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol legacy of the void plot spoilers

the xel'naga can actually jump between dimensions and have created equivalents of the protoss and the zerg an infinite number of times and blah blah blah they're not just Super Advanced theyre actual literal gods lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

that sounds like a useful ability

that was my favourite method of movement in shadow of mordor

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

the xel'naga can actually jump between dimensions and have created equivalents of the protoss and the zerg an infinite number of times and blah blah blah they're not just Super Advanced theyre actual literal gods lol
god bless u quig for using spoiler tag proper, i want to experience metzen from the priordial source

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

idk i always thought they were literal gods

i played a bit of the campaign yesterday and it's pretty fun, seems more varied and interesting that the zerg one.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ugh gently caress please no plot discussion here for lotv :(

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

sandoz posted:

how the gently caress does that even happen

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i can't believe I'm playing age of empires 2 I've been doing this on and off for 16 years

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

idk i always thought they were literal gods

i played a bit of the campaign yesterday and it's pretty fun, seems more varied and interesting that the zerg one.

nah in starcraft one they were definitely just a very powerful race that decided to play god and created the zerg and the protoss and then went "welp cya" and disappeared. now apparently (yes im gonna use spoiler tags, im That Poster) the "purity of essence" and "purity of form" are actually more general and they created different races in every conceivable universe that meet those requirements

it's loving dumb

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

kalstrams posted:

ugh gently caress please no plot discussion here for lotv :(

don't worry, the protoss speak slowly... enough that it will be... an eternity before they finish explaining their nobility and ancient... legacy. truly, they must hurry if they are to defeat the dark evil that seeks to engulf us all... in darkness...

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

don't worry, the protoss speak slowly... enough that it will be... an eternity before they finish explaining their nobility and ancient... legacy. truly, they must hurry if they are to defeat the dark evil that seeks to engulf us all... in darkness...

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the biggest problem with starcraft 2's plot is that tassadar is dead

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

can't wait until i unlock carriers, aka protoss god mode

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if Starcraft wanted to do something interesting with its story it would kill off kerrigan

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

if Starcraft wanted to do something interesting with its story it would kill off kerrigan

im teh bone high heels

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

exciting news

hatsune miku has announced her first north american tour http://p4k.co/UwHQa

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

or they could recognize existence of lgbtq problems and allow romance between zerathul and raynor as an alternative

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kill kerrigan and bring back the overmind imho

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

im teh bone high heels
carpace, not bone

jfc quigs you don't know poo poo about weird sexualized bug ladies

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

carpace, not bone

jfc quigs you don't know poo poo about weird sexualized bug ladies

dsyp?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

kill kerrigan and bring back the overmind imho

th overmind doesn't have tits, though

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Blackula69 posted:

yeah i was just waiting for some documents to come through, getting into a dumb internet argument is an entertaining way to pass the time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it would have been real ballsy if the kerrigan zerg design didn't have tits because of them being, you know, useless for her purposes

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

they should have turned her into a amorphous blob

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

didn't she turn back into a person at the end of the first sc2 anyway?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

low effort, didn't even buy me red text saying "teh puppetmaster"

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

game still owns though somehow? v:stare:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Awia posted:

didn't she turn back into a person at the end of the first sc2 anyway?

yeah about that

• Locked thread