Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

On this topic: how noticeable is the damage resistance from armor? Am I going to be totally screwed if I run around in a cool duster instead of in piecemeal Mad Max armor? (I'm guessing yes, but hoping no.)

I just found the best armor; a Greaser Jacket & Jeans and I refuse to take it off, so I'm also wondering about this.

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
If I want to not carry this loving minigun around but have it for later, where do I stache it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luke Smith posted:

If I want to not carry this loving minigun around but have it for later, where do I stache it?

Any workbench.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

New Leaf posted:

Also, for anyone on PC who met minimum specs but didn't hit recommended - I'm running an AMD system (shut up) and didn't hit Recommended on a couple of categories and it defaulted me to Ultra. After turning off God Rays, it runs like a dream.

Also, if you turn God Rays to OFF, then play the game, and exit, the next time you load it up, God Rays will have defaulted back to LOW. You need to turn it off again. Even on Low, you can feel them.

Yep, I'm running a 6ish year old (maybe 5) PC with whatever i5 was around then and an AMD 7800 (?), and it defaulted me to Ultra but I bumped it down to high, turned down shadows and AA, and it runs like a champ.

I want to find my baby and eat him.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How big of a difference does perception make for VATS accuracy? Even with 7, it doesn't seem to make shots of specific body parts very feasible except at point blank range. Sans perks, seems like trading it for more action points from agility would be a no-brainer.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

It actually has nothing to do with minecraft and instead is because weapon crafting mods were extremely overwhelmingly popular for New Vegas.

So go gently caress yourself because gun crafting is super awesome.

Dude I dig the game too but dial it back a notch, friend.

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

ImpAtom posted:

Any workbench.

Thanks. What I figured but I was nervous about leaving it and powering off.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Shortest Path posted:

Has anyone figured out what the Utility Protectron at the Wicked Shipping Fleet Lockup does other than make funny voices?

Tried to kill me since I had no subway tokens, fell victim to my hardened shotgun.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Xbone question: I'm having a hell of a time getting the game to load. Could it be because my internet is out?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If I give a companion a weapon, do I also need to give them ammo for it?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Harrow posted:

If I give a companion a weapon, do I also need to give them ammo for it?

Yeah, and they'll switch back to their default once they run out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When I replace a part on a gun I get it in my inventory. Is there a way to scrap those extra parts? I don't need a million standard x parts.

Also how do I equip stuff on Dog? I gave him a couple dog collars and he won't wear either of them.

Frankenoodle
Jun 6, 2015

Everybody's talking at me

LumberingTroll posted:

Tons more [legendaries]. I've lost count of how many I have fought at this point.

I was lead to believe that Very Hard maxes out the number of legendaries, and Survival just made the game even harder. Is this not the case? Does anyone know for sure? I've yet to see a single legendary on Very Hard, although I've only had it on for one evening of gaming. :( I was on Normal for a while. Could just be bad RNG, though.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Frankenoodle posted:

I was lead to believe that Very Hard maxes out the number of legendaries, and Survival just made the game even harder. Is this not the case? Does anyone know for sure? I've yet to see a single legendary on Very Hard, although I've only had it on for one evening of gaming. :( I was on Normal for a while. Could just be bad RNG, though.

I had 4 of them on normal before I made it into diamond city and I pretty much bee-lined there. Its RNG yo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does Aquaboy seem worth taking? How much is there to find in the water?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Reason posted:

When I replace a part on a gun I get it in my inventory. Is there a way to scrap those extra parts? I don't need a million standard x parts.

Also how do I equip stuff on Dog? I gave him a couple dog collars and he won't wear either of them.

Try dropping it in the floor when you're in a settlement and then go to build mode, highlight it and hit R. If you can even scrap then it will be awfully tedious.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Washout posted:

the loading times are completely horrendous,

Your computer is garbage lol, game loads fast as heck for me.

RBA Starblade posted:

Does Aquaboy seem worth taking? How much is there to find in the water?

No and if you really want to explore the water, there is a drug you can craft to give you water breathing.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I can't stop house building

this poo poo owns

This is great. Really great. But you know what would make it better?

BEING ABLE TO BUILD A ROOF THAT DOESN'T HAVE HOLES IN IT!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus loving christ the UI in this game. Why do I have to Google things like getting out of power armor or switching between items to build in the workshop.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone know what the various Protectron setting do when choosing a personality? I usually do Law Enforcement, but it backfired on me in a raider base when it also saw me as an intruder, but it was fine when I did that in the supermarket.

Also, how do you build the bobblehead display?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MisterBibs posted:

Man, its really annoying that I have to carry ~3 different types of guns to avoid complete ammo starvation. One of the few things I miss from New Vegas is the ability to make your own ammo, and it would've worked perfectly in this game since you're already crafting everything else. I kinda want to respec since my perks are all over the place, but I suspect beelining into one Core Type of weapon is going to be difficult if I have to rely on other types just to do damage.

Yeah its dumb, but I always carry 3 different types of guns in fallout games. Having to scavenge for ammo is pretty key to the whole survival wasteland thing.

That said, its only a matter of days until somebody makes an ammo crafting mod.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Khanstant posted:

Your computer is garbage lol, game loads fast as heck for me.

I have an i7-2600k overclocked, 16gb RAM, a 980Ti and a 1TB SSD and the loading times are still a bit rough.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Here's my John Fallout character:

Dude's named Vic Slaughter and is gonna be a stealthy sniper dude. I like being called Mr. Slaughter by Codsworth. :3:

P.S., post your characters. I'd like to see your Fallout Boy/Girl.

Answer every dialogue option sarcastically :smuggo:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Harrow posted:

On this topic: how noticeable is the damage resistance from armor? Am I going to be totally screwed if I run around in a cool duster instead of in piecemeal Mad Max armor? (I'm guessing yes, but hoping no.)
damage resistance can go to values of up to 5000 and the best non-power armor in the game is 200 so the scaling is obviously different

for reference, 100 radiation resistance reduces radiation taken from swimming by 50%

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah its dumb, but I always carry 3 different types of guns in fallout games. Having to scavenge for ammo is pretty key to the whole survival wasteland thing.

That said, its only a matter of days until somebody makes an ammo crafting mod.

Bethesda needs to actually release the mod tools first before you start getting mods like that.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The game is good and I like base-building.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Good thing "Snake" is on the list of names Codsworth says.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Can dogmeat visit Vault 111 with you?

Yes he goes anywhere you do, and he can actually break into that locked container with the cryogun even if you can't pick it yet :)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Your Computer posted:

Answer every dialogue option sarcastically :smuggo:

We're all post-apocalypse hipsters, aren't we?

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Found a second set of power armor T-51 type
It was locked up behind an advanced lock and guarded by an assaultron and a legendary gutsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH4K6v0GLBI

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Any workbench.

Dont' put it in a workbench, who knows if you end up breaking it down at some point. Just stash it in a normal box, nobody will gently caress with it.

You can even craft a fancy footlocker or something.

Magmarashi posted:

Dude I dig the game too but dial it back a notch, friend.

Seriously though it has nothing to do with minecraft. :v:

That goon was just looking for an excuse to be a whiny baby.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Base building is cocaine. I can't stop making beds.

Zaphod42 posted:

and he can actually break into that locked container with the cryogun even if you can't pick it yet :)
I'd say this was intentional as a cool easter egg for curious players, but, y'know, Bethesda.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

blainestereo posted:

nvm 10/10 GOTY

This still cracks me the gently caress up.

God bless Bethesda character creation tools.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Smol posted:

Jesus loving christ the UI in this game. Why do I have to Google things like getting out of power armor or switching between items to build in the workshop.

Pretty sure the game tells you how to get out of power armour about 3 seconds after you first get in it dude.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know it will also be a mod, but I wonder if Bethsoft deliberately held back ammo crafting/customization to make it a lead feature for a DLC pack.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KM Scorchio posted:

Pretty sure the game tells you how to get out of power armour about 3 seconds after you first get in it dude.

It does but it goes away way too fast, its easy to miss. I made the same mistake.

But yeah I was gonna say the same.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So what are the four factions? I've met the Minutemen, Brotherhood of Steel ( Minuteman guy wasn't too stoked I joined them, but whatever, they seem like they'll mesh fine. ), Institute ( I HAVE ZERO IDEA HOW THEY ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER FACTION. ), and ????

What is the fourth faction.

Also can I be pro sapient synths like Nick Valentine and still have the Brotherhood on my side? Do they ever ask me to kill sapient synths? I don't mind killing hordes of basically Terminator killbots, but if something has developed free will/sapience, that's not exactly something I'm down for.

e: Which of these factions is the one that drops Power Armor/men with guns down for me from a vertibird like the trailers. I want call in Power Armor so I might as well suck up to them right now.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 11, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

KM Scorchio posted:

Lol. I wasn't trying to get out the power armor 3 seconds after getting in it, but 24 hours later. Context is everything when designing tutorials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Terbulus posted:

Found a second set of power armor T-51 type
It was locked up behind an advanced lock and guarded by an assaultron and a legendary gutsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH4K6v0GLBI
I don't know if these count as spoilers or not, but whatever:

I found one-and-a-half sets of T-51 at the National Guard depot. There's a legendary Assaultron so watch the gently caress out. I've found one piece of T-51b after leaving that mini-nuke base you raid for the BoS on the road back to the mainland.

• Locked thread