Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Nodoze posted:

Teach him street fighter

Don't have it and I'm not intending to buy games. The only fighting games I have is tekken 1, 2 and 3 on the playstation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

T1g4h posted:

Some days I feel like i'm the only one who really, truly loved MK 64 :(

DK's Jungle Parkway owned bones, as did Royal Raceway.

One of my first memories was unboxing my N64 and mario kart and :krad: Mad Catz wheel and pedal box for the N64. poo poo was my jam.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BloodBag posted:

Tusen Takk, Mom's basement posting ITT :v: (I can see the HVAC reflected in the TV)

Fallout 4 is kicking rear end so far. I've been playing that poo poo since 2AM. I like how I got Bethesda'd right at the start after you pick stats because the doormat apparently is the only part of the floor that isn't hot lava. I lost all keyboard input so it was back to my previous save :sigh:

It's also kicking my computer's rear end, I can hear the CPU and GPU fans kicking on high after about three minutes. Medium looks surprisingly good, so I guess I'll hold off buying a new graphics card for now.

ACTUALLY,

it's my wife's basement :smug:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I have a retro setup similar to Tusen Takk's but I think I'm about 5 years older and british so it has more old computers, less consoles...

I'm currently trying to set up Raspple II on a PI so that I can stick it into my apple ][ and play all my games from disk images on SD card and load them over the network rather than fighting with all the old 5 1/4 floppies which are now 30+ years old.
I can then play this superior version of Mario until my keyboard breaks.

I'm also trying to talk myself out of buying one of these for my ZX Spectrum, and trying to fight the urge to buy myself a replacement Amiga from ebay since I seem to have lost my decent one.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I haven't used it in a few years, but I just softmodded my xbox 1 and threw a bunch of emulators on there. Entire libraries of games without getting up and save states anytime.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm done playing competitive games for a while outside of an occasional round of CS:GO (or goonmans) and Rocket League, so I picked up a copy of DQ8 and will probably stream it since I'm an awful nerd.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Phone posted:

I'm done playing competitive games for a while outside of an occasional round of CS:GO (or goonmans) and Rocket League, so I picked up a copy of DQ8 and will probably stream it since I'm an awful nerd.
Goonmans are awesome, but they play at a level so far above what I'm comfortable with that I feel like I'm just getting in the way most of the time.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So our dogs got a big rear end cut on its neck now stitched up, roommate A is limping around with a severely bruised pelvis, roommate B is getting 2 infected teeth pulled today. And i have an eye apt at 11 after getting molten metal in my eye. Wear your safety glasses kids! And the whole mom getting Lyme thing.
gently caress November.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

ACTUALLY,

it's my wife's basement :smug:

Is she the sole owner of the house or do you guys live separately or something?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

I'm also trying to talk myself out of buying one of these for my ZX Spectrum, and trying to fight the urge to buy myself a replacement Amiga from ebay since I seem to have lost my decent one.

I wonder if my parents still have my old A500, it had the extra 2mb fast Ram add-on, the one that required it's own PSU. I was always envious of the people with A1200s.

blk posted:

Comedy answer, she doesn't know he lives in her basement. She's never seen him...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

blk posted:

No we live in a townhouse together but like most good husbands the only space that is mine is the garage

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I should note that our townhouse doesn't have a garage

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Welp, just had a guy attempt to drag my fiance out of her Jeep on her way to meet me to get our marriage license. Dude was raging because he couldn't pass her because of oncoming traffic and started driving erratically, they hit a stoplight and he gets out of his car and comes up and starts screaming that he's going to beat her rear end and tries to open the door. She gets away and he follows her for another 15+ minutes wherein he tries to get out of his car at every light.

She calls 911 and I start ripping towards them as fast as I can go safely and get there just as the cops arrive and pull the guy over. They take down the information, hassle the guy a bit, and then let him go, telling us that she must have done something to provoke him.

She's shaken up but alright and I'm still shaking a bit, but I'm mostly incredulous that they just let the guy go after some finger wagging. What the gently caress is wrong with people.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Noise Complaint posted:

Welp, just had a guy attempt to drag my fiance out of her Jeep on her way to meet me to get our marriage license. Dude was raging because he couldn't pass her because of oncoming traffic and started driving erratically, they hit a stoplight and he gets out of his car and comes up and starts screaming that he's going to beat her rear end and tries to open the door. She gets away and he follows her for another 15+ minutes wherein he tries to get out of his car at every light.

She calls 911 and I start ripping towards them as fast as I can go safely and get there just as the cops arrive and pull the guy over. They take down the information, hassle the guy a bit, and then let him go, telling us that she must have done something to provoke him.

She's shaken up but alright and I'm still shaking a bit, but I'm mostly incredulous that they just let the guy go after some finger wagging. What the gently caress is wrong with people.

That's some victim blaming bullshit right there.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Ok so getting metal pulled out of your eye sucks donkey nuts and i dont recommend it. If there ever was a wake up call for safety glasses this is it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Noise Complaint posted:

They take down the information, hassle the guy a bit, and then let him go, telling us that she must have done something to provoke him.

Legit reason to taze a dude and they don't take it? Disappointing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Noise Complaint posted:

Why didn't she just run over him?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Preoptopus posted:

Ok so getting metal pulled out of your eye sucks donkey nuts and i dont recommend it. If there ever was a wake up call for safety glasses this is it.

SMH I don't even understand why it took an incident for you to realize this

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
WTF is wrong with your loving cops Noise?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

14 INCH DICK posted:

This page is why I will always be a console gamer and take whatever hits I need to because gently caress that noise just to play a new game.

Yeah, pretty much this.
I made that decision years ago with the Xbox 360, and I didn't have to fiddle with hardware until I bought an Xbox One last year.
I did, however, have to replace that original Xbox once due to red ring syndrome, but I replaced it with a slim that was on Black Friday sale or something. Even full price the things cost, what, $400?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Every single time I'm underneath my car I ask myself why I didn't buy safety glasses yet.

PC forever because gently caress aiming with my thumbs. What the hell else do you use thumbs for? I can't stand it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Noise Complaint posted:

What the gently caress?
Do your jobs you glorified meter maids.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Cage posted:

Every single time I'm underneath my car I ask myself why I didn't buy safety glasses yet.

PC forever because gently caress aiming with my thumbs. What the hell else do you use thumbs for? I can't stand it.

Point. I got used to it for the most part, though.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

The craziest poo poo is that this happened to me around 5 years ago in the same town, different vehicle, different guy. The cops responded and said the same exact poo poo. The guy that was being aggressive to me was literally trying to run me off the road by pulling up next to me in the lane for oncoming traffic and swerving at me.

They said the guy deserved a break because he was a veteran that came home with some issues and I must have provoked him. Same line.

Bunch of Barney Fife motherfuckers.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I used to have a pair of safety glasses with every power tool and a couple of spare pairs. After the move I seem to have lost all but the worst 2 pairs. Time to restock.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Noise Complaint posted:

The craziest poo poo is that this happened to me around 5 years ago in the same town, different vehicle, different guy. The cops responded and said the same exact poo poo. The guy that was being aggressive to me was literally trying to run me off the road by pulling up next to me in the lane for oncoming traffic and swerving at me.

They said the guy deserved a break because he was a veteran that came home with some issues and I must have provoked him. Same line.

Bunch of Barney Fife motherfuckers.

Keep in mind, when these people do wind up doing Actual Damage, there will be a flurry of "there was no way that we could have predicted this" and that "he's a beloved father/son/whatever".

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
When your working fast on 3 different jobs running around sometimes you dont grab em. Im getting some that can hang from my neck for sure tho.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

One of my best purchases was a pair of prescription safety glasses. I can't recommend them enough for glasses wearers.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Phone posted:

Keep in mind, when these people do wind up doing Actual Damage, there will be a flurry of "there was no way that we could have predicted this" and that "he's a beloved father/son/whatever".

This exactly. If someone is willing to go off the deep end that badly over some small perceived slight in traffic, imagine when something worse comes down. I feel bad for his loved ones and I genuinely hope he gets some help.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

WTF is wrong with your loving cops Noise?

It wasn't speeding or drugs.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Noise Complaint posted:

And this is why I support CCW. You try and drag someone out of their car, you shouldn't need cops, you should need a coroner. But I've always been a fan of harsh justice.

Sorry to hear that happened to your fiance.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 11, 2015

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well they definitely made a report so I'd still go to the local police station and make a stink about getting him charged for assault.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ilkhan posted:

And this is why I support CCW. You try and drag someone out of their car, you shouldn't need cops, you should need a coroner. But I've always been a fan of harsh justice.

:ironicat: Its as if our broken Justice System hasn't convinced you that harsh justice does jack poo poo.

Concealed Carry is not an end all solution, and is just as likely to get her killed if she doesn't get the drop on the guy.

She did the RIGHT thing and removed herself from the situation quickly and called for help.

Noise Complaint posted:

You need to bring this up with a Detective, have them pull the 911 tapes, and stir up some poo poo

"She must've done something to provoke him" is not a valid excuse, and Internal Affairs would go ape poo poo over this.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 11, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lol

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BraveUlysses posted:

Well they definitely made a report so I'd still go to the local police station and make a stink about getting him charged for assault.

This won't get you anywhere. They'll sit on it for a few months, then claim the one guy who would look into issues like that was out on sick leave and by the time he got back it was too late to do anything.

If you want to pursue this I'd go to the media - nothing will get the department's attention faster than a segment on the 5 o'clock news about how their officers let a roadraging rear end in a top hat off without as much as a warning and proceeded to blame the victim.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

The last thing I need to do is jam a stick in the hornets' nest that is a small town police department. Especially when I live next to said town and drive extremely obvious vehicles.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

Concealed Carry is not an end all solution

And the other dickhead could also CCW and just shoot first. Guns dont solve issues, they just raise the likelihood of being loving shot.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And the other dickhead could also CCW and just shoot first. Guns dont solve issues, they just raise the likelihood of being loving shot.

Not to mention the purpose of a CCW is not:

ilkhan posted:

... you should need a coroner. But I've always been a fan of harsh justice.

They specifically tell you to attempt deescalate the situation or separate yourself from the aggressor before even considering using your CCW. Stop itching for the day you need to use your CCW.

She separated herself from the aggressor and called for help. The only time she should've used a CCW is if she had no alternative.
This is part of why we are having all these police abuse issues, failure to attempt deescalation, failure to use necessary force instead of excessive, overuse of lethal force....

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Roll the window down just far enough for his hand to get in but nothing else, roll it up once his hand gets in, drive off?

I mean, while we're suggesting bad ideas and arguing about them with faulty logic...

Also, yeah, the great part of someone getting out of their car to confront you is that you're still in your car and cars go faster than people. I'm in favor of guns and such, but no loving way is this a situation to use them in, this is where you get moving again, then look up the location of the police department on your phone while moving and drive there. Let the fucker melt down in their parking lot if he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

CommieGIR posted:

Not to mention the purpose of a CCW is not:

They specifically tell you to attempt deescalate the situation or separate yourself from the aggressor before even considering using your CCW. Stop itching for the day you need to use your CCW.

She separated herself from the aggressor and called for help. The only time she should've used a CCW is if she had no alternative.
This is part of why we are having all these police abuse issues, failure to attempt deescalation, failure to use necessary force instead of excessive, overuse of lethal force....
I wasn't itching for her to pull on him or for her to confront the guy. Getting physically pulled out of the car isn't either one of those.

• Locked thread