Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Baronjutter posted:

Zdzisław Beksiński is the best thing to ever come from Poland and they killed him for it.
Both made by me, good to see them still making the rounds. Here's the Photoshop Phriday.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The worst part is that I've actually invested in Eastern Poland back in 1938 and now it's Western Belarus.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
Poland is full of Slavs so will never be Western Europe. The best it can hope for is Central Europe like the Czechs.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Palpek posted:

Both made by me, good to see them still making the rounds. Here's the Photoshop Phriday.

Well you are objectively one of the funniest posters on the site

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

For the next 4 years the best Poland could hope is some mild economic development. I was afraid PiS might scare off foreign investments but as Hungary shows international business doesn't give a gently caress about rights of sexual minorities or similar silly stuff. I'm still pissed about Ziobro, he's on a really short list of people I truly despise with such total cunts like Gerhard Schroeder or Vladimir Vladimirovich..

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

alex314 posted:

For the next 4 years the best Poland could hope is some mild economic development. I was afraid PiS might scare off foreign investments but as Hungary shows international business doesn't give a gently caress about rights of sexual minorities or similar silly stuff. I'm still pissed about Ziobro, he's on a really short list of people I truly despise with such total cunts like Gerhard Schroeder or Vladimir Vladimirovich..

What international business likes is strong, repressive oligarchies that can be relied upon to harshly repress any sort of workers' movement and be easily bribed into ignoring local and international laws when it'd be convenient. Basically, you want to attract foreign investments, you have to be China but without the pretension of building up your own national industry.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Apparently, an image of a secret Russian weapon was accidentally shown on national television. Supposedly it's a robotic submarine with a nuclear payload.

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2015/11/12/the-strange-revelation-of-russia-s-newest-nuclear-weapon

Was it deliberate? Who knows.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trogdos! posted:

Apparently, an image of a secret Russian weapon was accidentally shown on national television. Supposedly it's a robotic submarine with a nuclear payload.

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2015/11/12/the-strange-revelation-of-russia-s-newest-nuclear-weapon

A submarine that has no crew and therefore needs nearly no life support, and carries nukes.

Sea-bed ICBM

#Ukraine's President orders soldiers to return fire amid fears of a renewed rebel offensive in #Donetsk

.@OSCE_SMM btw 7:30 am-3pm record 96 explosions, bursts of small arms fire around Donetsk city

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

LeoMarr posted:

A submarine that has no crew and therefore needs nearly no life support, and carries nukes.

Sea-bed ICBM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seabed_Arms_Control_Treaty

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russia follows all treaties and would never dream of breaking one

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
50 million dollars worth of lethal aid provision passed through congress
http://www.rferl.org/content/us-ukraine-russia-lethal-aid-bill/27356526.html

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Trogdos! posted:

"Damaging vital components of the enemy's economy near its coastline and causing an assured level of unacceptable damage to the country's territory by creating zones of extensive radioactive contamination, making these areas unsuitable for military or agro-economic activities, or other kinds of activities, for a prolonged period."

So Russia's making sub-launched dirty bombs?

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
:airquote:accidentally:airquote:

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

sparatuvs posted:

50 million dollars worth of lethal aid provision passed through congress
http://www.rferl.org/content/us-ukraine-russia-lethal-aid-bill/27356526.html

Any guesses as to what Vova's gonna do in Syria in response?

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Any guesses as to what Vova's gonna do in Syria in response?

Probably bluster about how improper it is for an outside power to provide military aid in Syria and continue to ramp up Russian military aid in Syria - but with slightly revised propaganda.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

LeoMarr posted:

Sea-bed ICBM

Also doesn't need to carry an air volume, so there's very little limitation on dive depth. Pressure chambers can be very strong if you can build them very small, say the size of a diesel engine rather than the size of a ship.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
How are they going to remotely control an unmanned submarine that is supposedly under the water. Preprogrammed routes?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Apparently there's a colorful painting hidden underneath my avatar.

http://tvkultura.ru/article/show/article_id/144351/

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Also the Black Square is racist, apparently?
"A battle of negroes in a dark cave"

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

woodenchicken posted:

Also the Black Square is racist, apparently?
"A battle of negroes in a dark cave"

No, that's just acknowledging he's a plagiarist hack.

PS. This is super cool, because the Black Square is my second favourite painting. The third is White Square and the first is:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

jonnypeh posted:

How are they going to remotely control an unmanned submarine that is supposedly under the water. Preprogrammed routes?

How would they even issue "go-time" commands? ELF radio only goes a few hundred meters deep and I have no idea if the ZEVS antenna is still operational, given all the poo poo that happened in the '90s. Would the whole thing periodically surface to receive communications?

Also, I doubt this would work against coastlines. This thing sounds like it's more likely designed to be deployed in the Gulf of Mexico, where it can gently caress up oil rigs and fishing. It seems like it would be found if it was sneaking into littoral waters.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

Young Freud posted:

How would they even issue "go-time" commands? ELF radio only goes a few hundred meters deep and I have no idea if the ZEVS antenna is still operational, given all the poo poo that happened in the '90s. Would the whole thing periodically surface to receive communications?

Also, I doubt this would work against coastlines. This thing sounds like it's more likely designed to be deployed in the Gulf of Mexico, where it can gently caress up oil rigs and fishing. It seems like it would be found if it was sneaking into littoral waters.

It's alright, they'll use one of those: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MXAfKRw7U

e: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151111/1029904415/estonia-globes.html :quagmire:

jonnypeh fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 12, 2015

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

According to an Azerbaijan scientist, the cause of earthquakes is women wearing jeans. I wonder what their seismologic theory of women wearing yoga pants might be?

http://apostrophe.com.ua/news/world...v-djinsah/40974

quote:

Senior researcher at the Institute of Manuscripts. M. Fuzuli of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, PhD in theology Akram Hasanov said that the cause of earthquakes and disasters in the world are women, wear jeans.

This Azerbaijani scientist said in an interview with local edition of "Yeni Musavat", reports portal Voskapanat.

"In recent years, women wear more revealing clothing, are spreading immorality and prostitution. All this leads to more frequent natural disasters in the world," - said the Azerbaijani scientist.

Earlier, a similar opinion was expressed by the ideology of "Taliban".

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
The Rada passed LGBT protection laws after all :toot:

Google translated article posted:

Parliament nevertheless made anti discriminatory amendment to the Labour Code

The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted the Law "On Amendments to the Labor Code of Ukraine (concerning the harmonization of legislation in the field of preventing and combating discrimination in European Union law)" (№3442).

According to UNIAN, voted for this decision 234 deputies out of 333 registered in the session hall.

In particular, the faction of the Radical Party supported the law 1 MP; from the "Block Poroshenko" - 108; from the "Popular Front" - 65; from "Samopomochi" - 15; from the "Fatherland" - 14; from the parliamentary group "Renaissance" - 9; of the group "will of the people" - 8, as well as 14 non-factionalism. From the "opposition bloc" the law is not supported none of the parliamentarian.

Opposition Bloc to a PM voted against it..... who's the homonazis now, huh?

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Swan Oat posted:

Hey that's actually pretty neat.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Swan Oat posted:

Whether these will get enforced is a different question....
As for how oppo block voted: they didn't actually all vote against it.
Rather: 23 voted against it, 1 abstained. 9 didn't bother voting. 10 didn't bother showing up to work at all.
(It's pretty unusual that anyone bothered voting against explicitly, actually.)
http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/radan_gs09/ns_golos?g_id=4499

Compare e.g. to:
http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/radan_gs09/ns_golos?g_id=4531
(Resolution recognizing Stalin's deportation of Crimean Tatars an act of genocide --- which it objectively was.)

As for the homonazi thing: well, the label is because evil decadent Gayrope likes gays, remember?
Of course, they may want to notice that some guy named 'Shukhevich' also voted against this law. Funny, that.

Edit: had a procedural vote on the law linked first, slightly different numbers on the main vote.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 12, 2015

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Good news guys.

War is back.

http://m.liga.net/news/politics/257762-sily-ato-poluchili-prikaz-otkryvat-otvetnyy-ogon-poroshenko.htm
http://www.president.gov.ua/en/news/mi-ne-dopustimo-shob-vorog-zastav-nas-znenacka-prezident-36279

quote:

President Petro Poroshenko informed that despite a truce, the situation in the east of Ukraine had a strong tendency to relapse. It was stated at the NSDC session. The President informed that Ukrainian servicemen in the east of Ukraine had an order to fight back the enemy in case of threat to their life.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oh good I wanted to see T-72s Rolling through Kiev before christmas.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

He probably wouldn't, hence continuing to allow the Ukrainian military to fight back.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
In other news, an hour of parking in Tallinn city central will highly likely soon cost 4.8€ per hour. That's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. And in the old town - 6 euros.

Yes, it appears that the election promises have been fulfilled - we are among the richest in Europe now.

e: and that is in addition to the city closing a railroad crossing for an area of 800 people so the city could claim 700 000€ of EU money for promoting railroad safety or what the gently caress ever. As a result, they will have to take a detour. Of course that detour can take a whole lot longer because their only alternative is a highway, and they're coming from the opposing direction... during peak hours.

The drivers are of course ignoring the road block and stop signs. I can not wait until first Molotovs start flying.

And don't get me started on our national airline troubles where our former and current governments are to blame, and yet nobody is responsible.

I'll just throw out this quote by our minister of communications and economy:
"We should approach the situation with more patriotism and not look for guilty parties or whine about it"

Fuckers.

Oh yeah, even better one: ~*~*~*~ "We were told abroad that they have never seen such a finely arranged bankruptcy of an airline".~*~*~*~

Thank God, it's alright then. A lot of people are out of job now and we lost our national carrier, but at least we went out in style! Luckily the state dug up another 40 million to start a new one, because we have so much money and don't know what to do with it. And all the employees of the bankrupt company can start working again. But they will get paid less.

jonnypeh fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 12, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nice. This is about 10 days per month for average person if they don't spend or pay taxes, right?

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
Our average net salary is 865€.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jonnypeh posted:

Our average net salary is 865€.
A week if that's with taxes paid. :rip:

Which madman did think of this as a great idea?

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

kalstrams posted:

A week if that's with taxes paid. :rip:

Which madman did think of this as a great idea?

Somebody who never has to worry about getting elected and is as popular with his electorate as Putin is in Russia. Edgar the One-legged. He too can rob his domain blind and not worry about it. He is under investigation right now, let's see if anything comes out of it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Nice. This is about 10 days per month for average person if they don't spend or pay taxes, right?

Obviously, average people are not wanted in Tallinn. They're welcome as long as they keep driving.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Leaving this here without further comment :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Preparing for a new round of zemljokrad, eh? :v:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

LeoMarr posted:

Sea-bed ICBM

#Ukraine's President orders soldiers to return fire amid fears of a renewed rebel offensive in #Donetsk

.@OSCE_SMM btw 7:30 am-3pm record 96 explosions, bursts of small arms fire around Donetsk city

Causing massive parts of the planet to become uninhabitable as an actual valid tactic in war is so loving stupid. The text implies that this isn't a MAD weapon but an actual thing to use in a war in order to "win". Hey, people that won the war, you have to live on the planet once you've hosed everything up. gently caress you Russia and gently caress you weapon scientists. You're all dogshit.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

my dad posted:

Preparing for a new round of zemljokrad, eh? :v:

Haha, this is awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Regarde Aduck posted:

Causing massive parts of the planet to become uninhabitable as an actual valid tactic in war is so loving stupid. The text implies that this isn't a MAD weapon but an actual thing to use in a war in order to "win". Hey, people that won the war, you have to live on the planet once you've hosed everything up. gently caress you Russia and gently caress you weapon scientists. You're all dogshit.

It's even stupider because neutron bombs exist. If those ever get used, they'll destroy mostly people and technical infrastructure, but the radiation is supposed to be back to almost normal after about 30 years. I guess if WWIII ever happens, the survivors fleeing from a American continent devastated by Russian dirty bombs can just repopulate neutron-bombed Russia. The ultimate defeat: The enemy is not only destroyed, but you end up replacing him totally. USR victory!

• Locked thread