Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
WA lets you keep your TZs, but that's in compensation for having to trust your blitz to a big guy if they get out of position or knocked over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Evernoob posted:

I was surprised about it too, but shadowing is actually a General skill, not an Agility skill. I didn't roll a double, or I would definately have taken Dodge.
I had never played with Shadowing before and as this particular blitzer is the one that never rolled a double (only a +MV) he is the first one I would fire/replace so I wanted to test it out. It's rather cool honestly.

About Frenzy on my other +STR blitzer, no.
Don't get me wrong, Frenzy is awesome and I use it a lot with my other Blitzer. But it is also mandatory to use and I very often find myself blocking without following up in a blitz, to change direction after.
I try to protect my Blitzers and try to never end my turn with them next to a non-prone opponent.

My bad then I thought they got agi access.

el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006
So my chaos team is hovering around 2400 TV and one of my Chaos Warriors is an injury magnet. He's got block, guard, might blow, claw, and tail. Problem is he's down to 1 agi and 8 av. Worth firing him to bring down tv? The agi doesn't seem to affect him much, as he just sits in crowds giving guard and throwing blocks, but the -av is definitely starting to show.

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Game with a fresh Human team and then maybe another after that.

https://www.twitch.tv/jmadman311

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

el Gonzo posted:

So my chaos team is hovering around 2400 TV and one of my Chaos Warriors is an injury magnet. He's got block, guard, might blow, claw, and tail. Problem is he's down to 1 agi and 8 av. Worth firing him to bring down tv? The agi doesn't seem to affect him much, as he just sits in crowds giving guard and throwing blocks, but the -av is definitely starting to show.

Totally should be replacing that guy.

It's not just that he has minus stats and big TV bloat, but every game you play him is a game his eventual replacement is not getting SPP. When you do eventually replace him, you'll kick yourself that you didn't do it earlier.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Speaking from my experience adminning the most recent Goonbowl, it's really variable. I know that Nurgle, both Lizards and Goblins all took their big guys. Norse, both Orc teams and I believe both Skaven teams didn't.

Basically, on teams where your Big guy is really good (Nurgle) and on teams where your linemen are terrible at being cannon fodder (Lizards and Goblins) the Big Guy makes sense as a piece that's unlikely to be removed from the Board. Comparatively on teams where your linemen actually do work it just makes sense to get more of them and fill out your roster that way.

I probably would have taken the Troll on my Orcs given the chance, but they're absolutely the least important purchase after starting the team and he needs Guard to reliably contribute anything other than lovely blocks and missed actions. So, I've got to buy everything else I want for my team, then save up enough for the Troll, and then a level on the stupid prick in time for elimination games or else he's more of a liability than a contribution, and even then against AG4 teams he probably won't get to do anything since the Elves will never stand next to him and he's sure not getting the Blitz.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was going to say that Tents and Guard would push the 110k Troll to 150k, aka 3 average linos, but then I noticed Tea included Block in his lups, and I guess ya, Big Guys are pretty good with Block.
But lol if you can't see the advantage of tying 3 guys up with 1 guy, even if they're on TV parity.

If he doesn't have stand firm he can also just get push/followed by one of the linos and now you have 180k TV marking 50k.

el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006

Funso Banjo posted:

Totally should be replacing that guy.

It's not just that he has minus stats and big TV bloat, but every game you play him is a game his eventual replacement is not getting SPP. When you do eventually replace him, you'll kick yourself that you didn't do it earlier.

Thanks will do.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Hahaha, Jesus Christ, Cyanide.

There is literally no point at which I want my 1000 TV Bretonnians to be matched with a loving 2160 TV Dwarf team.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Biggest difference i've had so far in TV was "only" 450.
Must depend on the amount of players.

In general I don't mind fighting up to 200TV in difference. at my TV of 1450 that is usually purely due to the opponent stacking 4 or even 5 rerolls, versus my one reroll (+leader)

el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006
My 2400ish team gets matched with 1000-1200 teams about 1 in 10 games. The matchmaking pool must be pretty shallow.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

el Gonzo posted:

My 2400ish team gets matched with 1000-1200 teams about 1 in 10 games. The matchmaking pool must be pretty shallow.

Jesus. how long does it spin to get that? I'm usually pretty close in value to my opponent, I've only had a mismatch of that level once.

el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Jesus. how long does it spin to get that? I'm usually pretty close in value to my opponent, I've only had a mismatch of that level once.

About a minute or so.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Honestly I never want to get matched against Dwarves ever because they're a stupid team, but I REALLY never want to get matched against Dwarves over double my TV.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

The Mattybee posted:

Honestly I never want to get matched against Dwarves ever because they're a stupid team, but I REALLY never want to get matched against Dwarves over double my TV.

it'd be really funny if you could set spin preferences to ban teams

suddenly dwarves stop being played period because nobody wants to go against them

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Coolguye posted:

it'd be really funny if you could set spin preferences to ban teams

suddenly dwarves stop being played period because nobody wants to go against them

I would literally never play against Dwarves no matter what team I play as. gently caress Dwarves. They're boring to watch and don't take much skill to play.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the bot in the irc channel agrees with you

<Coolguy> !hitler
<Decent> The following items = Hitler. That is all.
<Decent> Furril: "3+ rolls with RR."
<Decent> Cygrade: "Regen rolls on serious injuries"
<Decent> Yapo: "GFIs are literally hitler"
<Decent> Shogunate: "Lizardmen are scaly Hilters."
<Decent> Ewie: "Dorfs are doublehitlers. Each."

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

The Mattybee posted:

I would literally never play against Dwarves no matter what team I play as. gently caress Dwarves. They're boring to watch and don't take much skill to play.

One perk to Fumbbl ranked is that you can live the gently caress Dwarves dream.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Voyager I posted:

One perk to Fumbbl ranked is that you can live the gently caress Dwarves dream.

You don't even see too many dwarves in Black Box. ClawPOMBers, on the other hand...

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Piling on feels like such an rear end in a top hat skill.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Talmonis posted:

Piling on feels like such an rear end in a top hat skill.

I found it funny some Clawpomber called me a douche for fouling his prone beastman with my dirty player peasant.
I think there is nothing that makes fouling more "douchery" than a skill -pile on- that has as its only effect to injure an opposing player. It not awarding any SPP is a moot point as I don't care about SPP's on my peasants anyway after the first 6. Level 3 peasants get automatically fired. I might keep a Sneaky Git Dirty Player maybe, and see how long he survives :D

Rogue
May 11, 2002

FUMBBL stream goin' live 4:30p CST, come watch a nerd play a nerd game

https://www.twitch.tv/jmadman311

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

The Mattybee posted:

I feel the same way about elves.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jade Star posted:

I feel the same way about elves.

How the hell are elves boring to watch? They explode into red paste if you look at them funny. That alone makes things interesting

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You may feel like a douche for playing a ClawMBPO Chaos team, but then you get matched up against a Dwarf team and it suddenly all makes sense.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ocrumsprug posted:

You may feel like a douche for playing a ClawMBPO Chaos team, but then you get matched up against a Dwarf team and it suddenly all makes sense.

if you call your team "gently caress dwarves" and then immediately concede against any team that is not dwarves you will be lauded as a hero

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I just got matched against a chaos team that was 690TV above me. I managed to win 2-1 and got invited into a league. How do they work btw? It says my team is already on a league.

PS: Rip my 5 rats.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Depending on the league you can either leave the NAF league, and join the other league. OR some leagues require players to start with a fresh team.
Mind you, if you leave the NAF with your team you can't get back in (it's fresh teams only)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
It's patch day.

Cyanide posted:

Hey Coaches!

Today we release a new update for Blood Bowl 2 introducing the online shop as well as several fixes.
You’ll find more info on the state of the game and our plans for the next updates HERE.

Version : 1.9.0.13
- Player with "Really Stupid" don't get the +2 bonus on the roll anymore if the nearby team-mate is on the ground.
- Fix an issue with the Starplayer Brick in offline mode.
- It is no longer possible to use Piling On with a Foul
- Fix of an issue preventing Diving Catch from activating on an inaccurate pass or a Hail Mary Pass.
- Fix an issue affecting the IA teams statistics in solo mode.
- Corrections of Jim & Bob commentaries.
- Fix of a crash at the end of the campaign credits.
- Launch of the online shop

Have fun on the pitch,
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive

They finally got the Cyan store running, which is where micro transactions happen. It has new jerseys, the two preorder DLC teams and skins for star players. There's nothing new in the star players section, we already have the existing skins. It's probably a thing to nickle and dime whales when they release more teams.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 12, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
No nameplates or grid? I thought that was coming?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

They're still working on that. Along with other very difficult technical challenges like letting us disable subtitles. :rolleyes:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

What I really want is to be able to cycle through my players with the shoulder buttons on the team management screen instead of having to back out to the headshots and select the next player every time. Its a minor thing but it irritates the hell out of me for some reason. Being able to rename players after you hire them instead of only on recruitment would be nice too. I didnt know that lineman was going to get a str up when I hired him, and now I cant rename him stompy pete.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

FoolyCharged posted:

How the hell are elves boring to watch? They explode into red paste if you look at them funny. That alone makes things interesting

A well played elf team is boring as gently caress. You're right that a poorly played elf team is great fun.

A well played elf team can be summarized as this - Dodge away from everything on two plus, stand one square away from you every turn. If they have the ball, then hold it in deeep in their own back field until they choose to score. It's really boring as gently caress playing the game when it comes down to just moving the X's and O's around and nothing happening unless the elf snakes a roll.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Jade Star posted:

A well played elf team is boring as gently caress. You're right that a poorly played elf team is great fun.

A well played elf team can be summarized as this - Dodge away from everything on two plus, stand one square away from you every turn. If they have the ball, then hold it in deeep in their own back field until they choose to score. It's really boring as gently caress playing the game when it comes down to just moving the X's and O's around and nothing happening unless the elf snakes a roll.

... as opposed to dwarves who form an awful herd of guard and ensuring nothing happens except for a long attrition fight?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

SiKboy posted:

What I really want is to be able to cycle through my players with the shoulder buttons on the team management screen instead of having to back out to the headshots and select the next player every time. Its a minor thing but it irritates the hell out of me for some reason. Being able to rename players after you hire them instead of only on recruitment would be nice too. I didnt know that lineman was going to get a str up when I hired him, and now I cant rename him stompy pete.

Yes, and hell yes. Also, I want the players to rearrange in the team photo shot. My skinks are hidden behind my big lizards and there's no way to move them in front so I can see all the players.

Team name aside, there's no reason to stop players customising every single aspect of their team at any time. Rename the stadium, change the uniform colours, give better nicknames to players. I only say the team name should stay the same as it's the one thing that truly decides what the team is, and in random play it's the team name that will be remembered and talked about. All the rest though should be unlocked, it's tough giving names to players not knowing what they'll turn into a few games down the line.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

The Mattybee posted:

... as opposed to dwarves who form an awful herd of guard and ensuring nothing happens except for a long attrition fight?

I don't think he was defending Dwarves.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I'd rather play against elves than dwarfs considering I can get spp from murdering the elves. Dwarfs give you poo poo for cas spp and probably wont let you score more than once either.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Donnerberg posted:

It's patch day.

They finally got the Cyan store running, which is where micro transactions happen. It has new jerseys, the two preorder DLC teams and skins for star players. There's nothing new in the star players section, we already have the existing skins. It's probably a thing to nickle and dime whales when they release more teams.

Can you buy the DLC team with Cyans? How are they accrued?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Victor Vermis posted:

Can you buy the DLC team with Cyans? How are they accrued?

No, the DLC teams are listed in the store in USD. Cyans can be spent on new uniform unlocks (which I think can only be applied to new teams) and are accrued by playing in the NAF free ladder or purchased with cash. I don't know if other leagues can give cyans or not.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I haven't tried spending Cyans to see if I can get more for matches, but they stopped at 304 Cyans / coach level 20. They seem kind of pointless unless you're dead set on a jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Donnerberg posted:

I haven't tried spending Cyans to see if I can get more for matches, but they stopped at 304 Cyans / coach level 20. They seem kind of pointless unless you're dead set on a jersey.

I bought a couple of jerseys on the PS4 version because the black and gold Chaos All-Stars kit was way too sweet to turn down. My biggest question is if future teams will only be purchasable with coins. These first two were used as pre-order bonuses, and the coin shop wasn't set up. There's a good chance they may make it so all DLC is coins only, forcing you to buy into the nonsense fake currency.

• Locked thread