Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

doesnt the movie have some animation fuckups like hair phasing through other objects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
it's pretty and most of the songs are good and the characters are pretty good but, uh

they were still making story changes in June when the movie came out in November.

quote:

By November 2012, the production team thought they had finally "cracked" the puzzle of how to make the film's story work,[37]:155 but according to Del Vecho, in late February 2013, it was realized that the film still "wasn't working", which necessitated even more rewriting of scenes and songs from February through June 2013.[63][72][73] He explained, "we rewrote songs, we took out characters and changed everything, and suddenly the movie gelled.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

it's pretty and most of the songs are good and the characters are pretty good but, uh

they were still making story changes in June when the movie came out in November.

that's how you make a good movie?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

lord funk posted:

well, not good animation movies :colbert:

emperor's new groove was good but holy poo poo if you read about the production

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Symbolic Butt posted:

well, not good animation movies :colbert:

emperor's new groove was good but holy poo poo if you read about the production

works for South Park

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

lord funk posted:

it's really, really, really hard to do that for an animated movie, and the fact that they managed to change anything at all, let alone plot elements, means they pulled off a hail mary to end all hail marys

like, i would have assumed it was impossible to change anything a year out, let alone 5 months

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

it's really, really, really hard to do that for an animated movie, and the fact that they managed to change anything at all, let alone plot elements, means they pulled off a hail mary to end all hail marys

like, i would have assumed it was impossible to change anything a year out, let alone 5 months

imma just assume you know so much about frozen because you sleep with elsa pillows

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

Elsa was the main villain of the story literally less than 15 months before the movie was released, the movie didn't really bake as long as their average release, so there's tonal shifts and character motive weirdness in a lot of areas

i haven't seen the movie, but isn't she the main character?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

lord funk posted:

casablanca and the godfather :shrug:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
did they do a lot of cheats like making dialogue frequently be done y somebody who you can't see speaking on screen (whether because they're fully offscreen or turned away from the camera)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

not quite

her yougnest daughter and the snow plow guy are. and that stupid snow man.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

not quite

her yougnest daughter and the snow plow guy are. and that stupid snow man.

no kidding? elsa is the only name i've heard when people talk about that movie; for all i could tell, she was the only character

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
post the most worthless tangent you can find on yospos

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

prefect posted:

she's close, and she has cool powers

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
and where did bugs get that hammer from??? this cartoon world is unrealistic!!!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
buncha autists in this thread nitpicking a fairly good movie to death because ???

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
i just want to tell whoever wrote that like "HELLO, snow powers aren't real!"

maybe do a little reasearch next time, genius

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol Elsa is like the hero for ~~~~misunderstood deep thinking introverted~~~~ types who sit in lonely ice castles and read Proust. Anna is the cool girl who knows where to score good drugs

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Elsa is literally an X-Man transported into medieval times

that's the whole story

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol Elsa is like the hero for ~~~~misunderstood deep thinking introverted~~~~ types who sit in lonely ice castles and read Proust. Anna is the cool girl who knows where to score good drugs

anna seemed like an attempt to capture the adorkable manic pixie dream girl market

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the detail on the animation (the quality of the movement, not the modelling per se) was so good

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

the detail on the animation (the quality of the movement, not the modelling per se) was so good

at a guess I'd say they were using facial mo-cap

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

anna seemed like an attempt to capture the adorkable manic pixie dream girl market

and the first cute dude she meets and falls in love with takes advantage of that and tries to murder her

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The frog is known to have a mutualistic relationship with the burrowing tarantula Xenesthis immanis.[3] The tarantula provides the frog protection from predators and a food source from insects feeding on the remains of its prey. The frog's foraging protects the tarantula's eggs from ants.[4]

This commensalism between microhylids and large spiders is common and occurs in various parts of the world. [5]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
in a few million years those spiders will be putting little hats on the frogs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syscall girl posted:

at a guess I'd say they were using facial mo-cap

yeah i dont think they started out that way but did it with the actoresses doing the voices

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

Elsa was the main villain of the story literally less than 15 months before the movie was released,

then some visionary had the idea "what if we made a movie starring two disney princesses", his eyes flooded with dollar signs, and the rest (as they say) was history

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

i dont see what's wrong with this? :confused:

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah elsa sucks

Nintendo Kid posted:

did they do a lot of cheats like making dialogue frequently be done y somebody who you can't see speaking on screen (whether because they're fully offscreen or turned away from the camera)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kw4IE8Sr1Q

theflyingorc posted:

there's a couple of time skips that make no sense, a number of incidental characters who barely have a part in the plot (it would be really easy to excise Olaf entirely if you wanted), the trolls do almost nothing to the plot either

Elsa was the main villain of the story literally less than 15 months before the movie was released, the movie didn't really bake as long as their average release, so there's tonal shifts and character motive weirdness in a lot of areas

it's not a bad movie, i like it, there's just places where you can tell that there were leftover recycled ideas instead of a unified vision

oh yeah, it's really messy plot-wise and you can tell that they didn't really know what to do with elsa but it still owns.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
Career[edit]
Younger brother of Michelle Kenworthy, who appeared with him on the game show I'm Telling!.

Kenworthy was offered one of the five male leads on the debut season of Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990). He declined because his family was urging him to attend college. Producer Aaron Spelling was uncharacteristically flustered by this; he warned Kenworthy that "You walk out now, and you'll never work in Hollywood again!" Michael took numerous theater/film-production courses at two separate universities...but even after getting his second degree, "I felt like I still didn't know anything. On the other hand, should Quentin Tarantino call me in, I'm there." His best known role is that of "Jesse," from 1988's horror-spoof Return of the Living Dead Part II; Kenworthy also appeared in a series of toy commercials for "Mad Scientist (TOO GROSS!)".

Michael cites Shawnee Smith, with whom he co-starred in the 1988 movie The Blob, as his first crush. "She and I hit it off pretty well. Whenever she went to hug me, I'd give her the hug plus a kiss. That always made her blush! NO SOURCES CITED

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Nelson MandEULA posted:

i dont see what's wrong with this? :confused:

her hair goes straight through her left shoulder

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Suspicious Dish posted:

buncha autists in this thread nitpicking a fairly good movie to death because ???

ehh I didn't think it was a bad movie and therefore shouldn't have been so successful (lol at this line of thinking) but I enjoy the production trivia

love for trivia is pretty much why a lot of people itt read wikipedia so much

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
hey guys did you know that castle of cagliostro was animated in 4 mon-- *is pushed into mud by Suspicious Dish*

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sweevo posted:

her hair goes straight through her left shoulder

and also her back.

it's something that woulda been fixed if they gave the movie another few months to clean up

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nintendo Kid posted:

and also her back.

it's something that woulda been fixed if they gave the movie another few months to clean up

can't wait for frozen: turbo hd edition

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Symbolic Butt posted:

hey guys did you know that castle of cagliostro was animated in 4 mon-- *is pushed into mud by Suspicious Dish*

I more prefer shoving people in lockers, but yes.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He was the lyricist for the theme song to George of the Jungle ("George, George, George of the Jungle, friend to you and me! Watch out for that tree!!").

In addition, Allman co-wrote two comedy horror-themed stage musicals with Bobby Pickett, composer of the hit novelty song, "Monster Mash." The musicals were I'm Sorry the Bridge Is Out, You'll Have to Spend the Night and its sequel, Frankenstein Unbound (Another Monster Musical)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Symbolic Butt posted:

ehh I didn't think it was a bad movie and therefore shouldn't have been so successful (lol at this line of thinking) but I enjoy the production trivia

love for trivia is pretty much why a lot of people itt read wikipedia so much

yeah i don't think it's bad and the whole "hey your first crush might not be your True Love Fowever" is a super good message to get out to young girls

I just think it's interesting how they pulled one of the most successful Disney animated movies of all time out of a huge mess in a really short timeframe, there's almost no reason it shouldn't have been a disaster from top to bottom

tangled is better tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my sister was an au pair for the year that frozen was new, and after it came out on dvd the kids watched it every single day for like two months