Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

megalodong posted:

Does paladin just attract this sort of "IM PLAYER 1 IM THE HERO" player or something

Yes this is why even when they (inevitably) fix paladin so it's not a garbage tank, it will still be bad, and it is because the kinds of people who are attracted to the paladin asthetic are more often than not the literal worst.

armoredgorilla posted:

TPT should buy that out, but I think they like their renegade status.

You can pry our sweet housing spot where we dont have to exercise to reach the marketboard and bell from our cold, clammy, dead goon hands.

Zweihander01 posted:

It's more like they like their airship exploration progress. That's all tied to the house and lost if they move.

I think we could move it now or they're adding a moving feature soon I forget but yeah, there's no way we'd give up our GOON FIRST DIADEM HARD airship fleet :colbert:

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

megalodong posted:

Does paladin just attract this sort of "IM PLAYER 1 IM THE HERO" player or something

I seriously wonder how that person got up that level and doesn't know how to keep AoE threat, yikes. Probably FATE grinding like whoa.

But yeah, most bad tanks I get are PLDs, followed by DRKs. WARs generally are decent, but man I rarely run into WARs in duty finder it seems.

edit: just found this post on the OF that really encapsulates the general PLD player:

quote:

Nah. That's just for the vocal minority who think absolute performance is more important than being your role.

I am not a Warrior. I am not a Dark Knight. I am a Paladin, the Rock upon which Darkness breaks...

:)

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 12, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I am the rock upon which darkness beats for 2 seconds before running free amongst the rest of my group, as i stand there screaming at them for not hitting the other darkness which i have used riot blade 5 times on. I do not use flash, and provoke sits upon my hotbar, constantly on cooldown as i use it on my current, unchanging, target.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
e: nevermind he said he did the tutorial but didn't :cripes:

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 12, 2015

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

naul?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

naw

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I kinda wonder, with main stats being so much better then off stats now, how bad does a pink 210 gear piece have to be to actually be worse then say, ilvl 190 or ilvl 200 gear?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Boten Anna posted:

Yes this is why even when they (inevitably) fix paladin so it's not a garbage tank, it will still be bad, and it is because the kinds of people who are attracted to the paladin asthetic are more often than not the literal worst.

:smith: I rolled PLD because their aesthetic seemed closest to "knightly magical girl"

also because it was 2.0 and they were still the good tanks back then

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
I made my new bis set for BLM

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/RYWF

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fishious posted:

*sobs quietly in a corner*

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fishious posted:

This is why I feel apprehensive of the Diadem.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Empress Theonora posted:

:smith: I rolled PLD because their aesthetic seemed closest to "knightly magical girl"

Creed is the most fabulous Eso set for all the tanks.

Most bad tanks I find are people that overestimate themselves/their healers/the AoE-ability of their dps when running stuff. Dual Iksalions are tough to heal through in Fractal and I've had to tell my tanks 'no, don't do that we'll wipe' multiple times. Some of them get it after the first attempt.
Some of them leave after that. WAR's and DRK's more often than PLD's (smaller sample size there.)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Empress Theonora posted:

they were still the good tanks back then

Incorrect.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

<that Tenzarin gif but with Fister Roboto instead>

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
I just don't understand why there's no secondary stat budget. Did aetherial gear always have no stat budget and they just didn't think about it or do they want the gear hunt to become like vanilla Diablo 3?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Saigyouji posted:

The main issue I have with the 40-50 stretch is that SV and DD are boring as hell, and I have had way too many hour long AV runs to willingly go in there.

For what it is worth, AV these days is fantastic experience if the fruits hatch; with 100% armory bonus and rested bonus you are looking at around 400-425K exp for a clear. Even if the group is a bit dysfunctional you can get through the 47-50 stretch quickly. SV and DD are going to similarly get you levelled quickly.

This is a great patch. New and good content everywhere, and the light farming speed is ludicrous now; took my novus from about 800 light to max in about 75 minutes of Sastasha NM speed runs in a bonus window.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KaneTW posted:

<that Tenzarin gif but with Fister Roboto instead>

At the start of 2.0 before they fixed warriors they were better, but after that warriors were better at pretty much everything.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Boy howdy I knew my dps as MCH without even a law weapon at 60 was gonna be bad, but I had no idea it was gonna be THAT bad. I really should have saved up some law at least.

No deaths and Fractal still took like half an hour :saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 12, 2015

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Empress Theonora posted:

Everything about laying waste to your enemies with an axe, cutely, is magical.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ciaphas posted:

Boy howdy I knew my dps as MCH without even a law weapon at 60 was gonna be bad, but I had no idea it was gonna be THAT bad. I really should have saved up some law at least.

No deaths and Fractal still took like half an hour :saddowns:

At least you probably had geared party members. Running Nevereap with a full group of i150-155 people days after launch was utter hell.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

At least you probably had geared party members. Running Nevereap with a full group of i150-155 people days after launch was utter hell.

Most the time I solo queue I'm handily doing the most damage as WAR and there's one dps thats kind of ok then another dps who I swear just autoattacks whatever and in the end I do over 50% of the damage the entire dungeon.

Praise Diadem may I never run another exdr again.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Most the time I solo queue I'm handily doing the most damage as WAR and there's one dps thats kind of ok then another dps who I swear just autoattacks whatever and in the end I do over 50% of the damage the entire dungeon.

Praise Diadem may I never run another exdr again.

Just once it'd be nice to run into a 2xdps+healer premade. I've been a dps in those so they exist!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

goldjas posted:

I kinda wonder, with main stats being so much better then off stats now, how bad does a pink 210 gear piece have to be to actually be worse then say, ilvl 190 or ilvl 200 gear?

It depends, really. I got a 210 helm today that fits between the gordian helm and esoteric helm in terms of stat allocation. You get 5 strength jumping from 200 to 210. Right now the stat weights for det/crit/ss on dragoon are .139/.162/.104 respectively. So if the 210 has only accuracy and not much else, it might not better.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So at this point, I've done Diadem-Normal three times... Already seen more i210 gear drop than anywhere else, seen stats that destroy upgraded ESO and Gordian...

Yes its random. You can end up with crap stats. With the sheer amount of i210 gear dropping, it won't take long before you get something good.

SE is pretty much rewarding mediocrity by allowing i210 gear to drop in Normal, not introducing a lock out, and laughable mechanics.

This is pretty much a glorified hunt zone that drops i210 gear OFTEN?

Alex Savage is now only for i210 weapons and bragging rights, achievements.... Pretty much SCOB Savage.

Already lost two people in my static because they came back to find bad players wearing better gear than what they worked hard for in progression. Don't get this twisted. I don't give a drat what ppl are wearing. I raid cause its fun. But I do see why I lost members and why a lot more of the hardcore players are leaving. They lost their incentive to play.

Frankly Diadem is broken. Set i210 to drop only in Hard Mode.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

I had an exdr in progress last week with a premade of 3 awful players who took 25 minutes to clear the first set of trash and wipe to the boss, and then their healer quit without saying anything

DRK had 12.5k hp (50 more than I did as i199 WHM) and didn't use any cooldowns, bard did 550 dps on the boss, dragoon did 400 which I'm pretty sure is worse than what you get from spamming nothing but heavy thrust. I quit after that and somehow didn't get the abandon timeout so I requeued and got a 16 minute Neverreap run.

I'd like to get some of the gear from the new expert but DF is going to be even worse now that everyone competent would rather do Diadem instead.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Technogeek posted:

Already lost two people in my static because they came back to find bad players wearing better gear than what they worked hard for in progression. Don't get this twisted. I don't give a drat what ppl are wearing. I raid cause its fun. But I do see why I lost members and why a lot more of the hardcore players are leaving. They lost their incentive to play.

I can't decide who is worse, OF posters or their imaginary sockpuppet friends.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hey cool

I hope that's enough Accuracy. The Gordian armor is only 24 more and I think it's fine, so this should be pretty sweet!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fifty bux for a hooded moogle blanket. ::crossarms:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/291517/final-fantasy-xiv-hooded-blanket-moogle

...well, maybe. :shepspends:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gently caress PELICANS

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

gently caress PELICANS

bring on the pelicans

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
feed me pelicans

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Fister Roboto posted:

At the start of 2.0 before they fixed warriors they were better, but after that warriors were better at pretty much everything.

That's specifically when I meant in my post.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Empress Theonora posted:

That's specifically when I meant in my post.

Friendly reminder that in 2.0 PLD had higher offtank DPS than WAR and could just tank in Sword Oath more often than you could drop Defiance.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Goddamnit. Every loving time you post.

But any way, on this subject... For those that have done Normal Diadem - how is it? I only did a HM Diadem last night with TPT, and it was cool and all but holy gently caress does everything have just insane amounts of health.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Goddamnit. Every loving time you post.

But any way, on this subject... For those that have done Normal Diadem - how is it? I only did a HM Diadem last night with TPT, and it was cool and all but holy gently caress does everything have just insane amounts of health.

Normal mode is mostly the same just everything is like, a rank lower.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Have they said anything about how long they expect this patch cycle to run, by chance?

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Normal is probably better for grinding materia if you're REALLY lucky with winning rolls. You can get 50+ kills a run if you can convince people to just farm 3s.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Boten Anna posted:

I can't decide who is worse, OF posters or their imaginary sockpuppet friends.

Hysterics aside, I think they did do a bit of a dumb with this. In keeping with their totally incoherent gearing strategy, having an essentially on demand hose of the best gear in the game is going to have a detrimental effect on all their other content. As long as you have friends they've pretty much done away with the need to do almost anything else at all except Diadem. Throw in the upcoming relic and congrats you've essentially obsoleted 80% of what's supposed to be your current content.

Ciaphas posted:

Have they said anything about how long they expect this patch cycle to run, by chance?

I wouldn't expect any less than 3 months.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Gotta remember there's still the patch with the relic stuff in it coming too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Diadem is such a poo poo show when you don't queue with a full party, jumped in with some friends and didn't bother to fill out the party. Had the two people from DF just as gatherers the whole time which makes it really hard to get credit fighting against 3-4 other full parties and on top of that they can still roll on everything that drops without contributing at all.

• Locked thread